main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond the Saga Rise of the New Order (post-TFA Speculation, just for fun!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanfan1, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Prologue

Three wicked, red blades swung at the Soldier. He blocked with his shining blue weapon and stumbled back into the tree. The longer of the three red blades pressed into the Soldier's blade, pushing it back. The Soldier exerted his muscles, pushing back with all his might. One of the shorter two blades angled and pierced his shoulder. He howled in pain...

From somewhere deep within, he found the strength to push back. The Dark Man stumbled back, and the Soldier pressed in. He managed to slash his blade along the Dark Man's shoulder. The Soldier's opponent growled in pain and his expression darkened. In that moment, he knew it was over. Swiftly, the Dark Man disarmed him, punched him in the shoulder to spin him around, and dragged his red blade along the Soldier's spine. The agony was overpowering.

He collapsed.

Dimly, over the next few minutes, he heard lightsabers continue to clash, and that confused him. Who was fighting the Dark Man? It must've been the Girl. The Girl had been unconscious when the Soldier took up the lightsaber, but maybe she'd awakened. Would she be able to overpower the Dark Man? He hoped so.

What seemed like an eternity later, he felt a gentle press on his chest. He thought he heard the Girl sobbing. He wanted to tell her, "Don't cry." If she was here with him then she must've beaten the Dark Man, or else they'd both be dead. Or...maybe they were.

But then, he felt himself being lifted. The arms lifting him felt big, strong, and...hairy. It was the Wookiee. So the Soldier wasn't dead, then. He felt himself being carried into a warmer climate, and then he lost touch with the outside world, and he was locked within.

He saw a hot red blade, like the Dark Man's, but this one was alone; there were no cross-beams on it like the Dark Man's. There was still a sense of malevolent evil here, though. Tattoos marked a face that had probably once been beautiful. Was it the Girl? The Soldier hoped not; the Girl was good, and kind, and lovely. He didn't want her to be corrupted like this.

"It'll be okay," a Child's voice said. "The Force is with us."

"Are you there, buddy?" That's the Pilot's voice. "Wake up."

"We will see each other again, my friend," the Girl's voice said. "I believe that."

The hot red blade twirled, and the once-beautiful face sneered. The face, the blade, the body connecting them stepped forward. The Soldier felt himself eviscerated by Her gaze. He reached for his belt, unsure of what he'd find there. A lightsaber? He'd already used that weapon twice, and he'd lost both times. Why should he win this time?

"The Force is with us," the Child's voice repeated. "You can do this!"

"You can do this!" another voice agreed. It's the Alien Woman. The little one, who gave the Soldier the lightsaber. "Fight! Protect the Child!"

Finn woke up.

Poe jerked in surprise and spun around as a gasp sounded from Finn's bed. He'd been visiting his friend in the Resistance hospital, like he had every afternoon for the past two weeks. As he'd turned to leave, he'd heard the sudden sound and had nearly toppled over a rolling, waist-high medical droid.

"Finn?" Poe said.

Finn was sitting straight up in his bed, rubbing his head with his right hand. Orderlies and doctors ran from every direction to his side and began checking his blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and other vitals.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Finn said.

"Sit still," the head doctor demanded. "We have to check. You've been in a coma for two weeks."

"Two weeks?" Finn looked around frantically, caught Poe's gaze, and blinked. "Poe."

"Hey, buddy."

"I heard...where's Rey?"

The doctor held up a hand. "Later. Please, young man, let us do our checkups, and then you can talk to Commander Dameron all you want."

Finn sighed, nodded, and let them work. When they were satisfied, they departed and Poe stepped forward. He clapped Finn on the shoulder.

"Good to see you back, buddy," he said with a grin.

"Good to see you too, Poe. Is Rey all right? I think she fought Ren."

Poe nodded. "She did. She won, although recent reports indicate that Ren escaped Starkiller Base alive. Buddy, you probably saved Rey's life, fighting Ren for as long as you did."

Finn seemed relieved. "Where is she? Can I see her?"

Poe sobered. This next part would be harder, but he was confident Finn would understand.

"She left. She, Chewbacca, and R2-D2 took the Falcon and went to find Luke Skywalker. We haven't heard anything back from them yet, but I'm sure they're all right. You can talk to Rey as soon as she gets back."

Finn sighed. "So, they found Skywalker then."

"Yeah. R2-D2 had the rest of the map that Lor San Tekka gave us."

"That's good, then." Finn pushed himself off the bed. "Well, no sense in staying around here. I'm all...ooh." He grimaced as his feet touched the ground and Poe helped steady him. "Wow. My spine...it hurts."

"It will for a while. Ren did a number on you."

Finn rubbed his spine. "I can tell."

"Docs have indicated it'll recover completely, though, and the best thing for you will be physical therapy. That is, if you're willing to stick around with the Resistance."

Poe saw no hesitation in Finn's expression. "Absolutely."

"Excellent. We'll set you up with a room in the barracks and make arrangements with somebody to get you into rehabilitative training. Once you're back up to one hundred percent, you'll be placed with a combat unit, if you want that."

"I do."

"Great. Follow me. It's great to have you back, buddy."

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    This is a great continuation of TFA. I love how you described the battle between Finn and Kylo, and the sweet thoughts he has about Rey. Poe is a loyal friend to Finn to sit beside his bed every day, waiting for Finn to recover.
    The Child and the Alien Woman are intriguing. I wonder who they are? They can't bode well...Is the Alien Woman Maz? But she has tattoos in this story, so that can't be right. Hoping to see more soon!

Revanfan1 and Findswoman like this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    divapilot, the Alien Woman is Maz. The tattooed woman is...someone else...

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Terrific. This will be my head canon for sure, for sure. @};-

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Nice! I'm looking forward to more of this. Please let me know when you update.

Revanfan1 likes this.