main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Library Rise of the Next Generation Library Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SkywalkerShine, May 2, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, @Kaleesh-Cyborg -- Skamlös is a VERY sympathetic character. =D= My heart ACHES for him and I know Quorra's does too. @};-

2. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    @Kaleesh-Cyborg; @SkywalkerShine
    You both have done a great job with the Stockholm Syndrome aspect of Skamlos' predicament...and I like that Quorra knew that she was in no position to help right now...even if it weren't for her secret.

3. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Thank you, @SiouxFan. That really means a lot. There's good character development between Skamlös and Quorra. One wants to help the other because they've experienced the hardship under the Yuuzhan Vong before. And the other is loyal yet terrified because he is willing to make sure that others are safe from Ziv's wrath. Good work again, @Kaleesh-Cyborg!

4. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Thanks, everyone. Both of these characters are a stretch from what I usually write in Star Wars RPGs, so it's encouraging to know it's a believable portrayal. I really liked Quorra's reactions to both Skamlös and Ziv and can't wait to see how the storylines continue to develop.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I posted with Zekk spying Quorra on her way back to join the group. How much, if anything, will be revealed of her experiences, accidentally or on purpose?

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  6. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    @Kaleesh-Cyborg; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @SkywalkerShine

I just added a segment filling in the gap between Quorra's remembrances of her foster family and when Zekk saw her heading back. Jacen knows, but didn't rat her out to anyone...I figure it would be better story telling to let Quorra reveal. In the interest of storytelling: Tahiri also has this 'Vong' thing, though, so she's probably going to the next person to figure it out. I'm not saying Quorra needs to tell everyone...just that her secret isn't as fool-proof as she once thought...not with people who have been through what Jacen and Tahiri had been through.

Kaleesh: Since Zev is the only other Vong Jacen can sense, he's going to go check out the site looking for that comm repeater. I'll let you run with that scene!

7. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Sounds like a plan. Perhaps it would be best to let Quorra tell the others one-by-one. That way, each person can have their own thoughts and feelings about her and see if she can be a trustworthy person. But as the story progresses, she'll definitely prove herself as an ally.

Man, this is so exciting! I'm so glad on how the story's going so far. You all are doing a wonderful job. And you're very welcome, Kaleesh. :D

So once the group meet up again, do you guys want them to go their separate ways? Like Sioux said: One group goes to Naboo to backtrack the info on who's trying to kill the Jedi and the other group meeting the broker on Tatooine, finding out about the beetle-like vilip and its creator? Then they could regroup on another planet or meet up at Naboo/Tatooine?

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yeah, sounds good. Have two separate teams sleuth and then get together :cool: Chandrila is also a lovely peaceful kind of meeting place too. :)

9. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
  10. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Go for it. I'm good. I'll keep my guys busy in the meantime. [face_devil]

11. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    We should have both groups end up having to go the same planet to follow leads...would make for better story cohesion, I think. I like the idea of a third planet, though...I'd be okay with Chandrila.

I need to apologize for having other's characters say or do things...I'm more of a story-teller and assumed that interacting with other characters was allowed as long as it was kept to a minimum and that it didn't affect any over-arching plot.

12. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Okay! So everyone will meet up at Chandrila then, after both groups investigate on Naboo and Tatooine. Settled.

Oh! No no, you're fine Sioux. You're actually a good storyteller. And yeah, each character has different thoughts and feelings (depending on what the players do with their own characters). I hope that makes sense. But yeah, it's okay. I had to learn that too when I started role playing. It's fine. :)

Also, if you guys have any ideas of your own, feel free to share them here or PM me. I want this to be a fun and fair experience for everyone.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  13. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Okay, I got Jacen to where Zev is...if there really is a comm repeater on Zonama, it would probably at Zev's place. I'm going to let Kaleesh run with whether there really is a repeater at the cabin.

14. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    @SiouxFan Hmm... Could be. Or I could create a repeater. Perhaps that repeater could be a decoy to the real mastermind?

What do you think, @Kaleesh-Cyborg?

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  15. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Sorry. I never got the alert that I was tagged here. I'm following along, but I've been super swamped with DRL lately. I will hopefully get caught up and have my next post up tonight.

16. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Hmmm....now you've got me curious as to all of Quorra's skills! Anyway, I'm okay with either one...we just need to move the plot along in a realistic way and not get us into a dead-end. We'll see where Kaleesh goes with this.

17. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Hehe! I can't wait for Quorra to chat with Jacen on how she kept the masquer on since childhood. As well as her love for music. The music/singing parts are very important to her character, which will be revealed in the story. :D

And okay. I can create a decoy for the mastermind. Then they can start the missions to Naboo and Tatooine seperately.

Should I have the repeater attack the Solo twins and @Kaleesh-Cyborg's character? Maybe the repeater could have three, huge bodyguards (who happen to be rogue Yuuzhan Vongs) as well?

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  18. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Ooops...hang on a sec! I really only meant for the repeater to be just a transmission device! Real-world radios use them all of the time, so I was running with this thought: since the beetle Luke found would not be able to transmit very far, the 'baddies' would need to have a communication relay (well, villip in this case) somewhere close by to 'boost' the signal.

I really meant for Jacen to look for this repeater villip at the only likely place...with the Vong he had sensed. I was running with the idea that Zev was somehow connected to the attack. He doesn't even need to know anything about the plot Quorra had heard on Naboo, just that he was responsible for bringing the repeater villip to Zonama. Conversely, Jacen could just be on a wild mynock chase...I'm just going to run with where Kaleesh takes that part of the story. After Luke found the beetle, I figured that Jacen would want to do some recon of the area.

We can run with the idea of the repeater being a person, if you think it will add to the story-- I just wanted to explain that I envisioned it as just a thing!

An aside: I'd love to be able to get Tahiri, Jacen, and Quorra together for some 'story' telling...of everyone, Tahiri and Jacen would be the ones to understand Quorra the most.

@SkywalkerShine; @Kaleesh-Cyborg; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

19. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    @SiouxFan - Oooh! Now I get it. Haha Yeah, we can definitely do your idea. Sounds interesting. If you need help on making it happen, let me know. I just wanted the story to progress so the heroes can run into rogue and bad guy lackeys before they can get to the mastermind behind all this. Lol

But yeah, we can definitely do that!

And yeah, that would be good character development between Jacen, Tahiri, and Quorra. Can't wait for her to talk to them and the others! Especially Zekk. Wonder how that would turn out between her and him. [face_nail_biting]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I posted where Tahiri and Quorra are on the Shadow and Tahiri is wondering how to "ask" the hard questions and if Jacen should be included. I left it open as to whether she will ask him overtly but leaned more towards him "casually" joining them once the talk is more under way, so Quorra is already feeling comfortable and unjudged and it's then a matter of letting one more person into the "secret."

@};-

21. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    That sounds really good, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha. I know that Jacen is on a short mission to look for the source that made the small bomb explode in Jak's neck. But what do you think, @SiouxFan? Should Jacen join them or should Quorra confess to Tahiri and let her know that Jacen knows too?

22. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    :rolleyes: I think we ALL know where that is going to end up! Unless she ends up falling for some random Solo twin or something...

In a perfect world, I'd like to see Tahiri and Jacen talk about how to confront Quorra's secret without putting her too much on the defensive. But, as you've said...Jacen is a couple of thousand yards away now, so it might come up before they get the chance. Maybe Tahiri could ignore the issue for now and strive to make Quorra feel comfortable?

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @SiouxFan -- suuper points ... but would it be a good idea to have them juggle that discussion in the middle of a mission? Don't want to leave it till afterwards. Best to try to clear the air somewhat first? What do you think, as well, @SkywalkerShine [face_batting]

24. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    I have a twist idea I would like to run by you guys, particularly @SkywalkerShine since she is the GM. How would you feel about a Sith turning up in the mix? [face_skull]

25. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @SiouxFan - Hmmm... I have two options:

1.) Let's have Jacen come right back with the others after his discovery of the repeater. @Kaleesh-Cyborg's character can come back with Jacen too, wanting to join the mission to find the mastermind. Here's why:

Once Jacen speaks with Ziv, they discover that a repeater is near Ziv's home, without his knowledge. Someone tried to frame Ziv to make it look like he caused the explosion to Jak. Angered by this treachery, Ziv decides to join the Young Jedi Knights to find out who would dare frame him and clear his name. He could also take Skamlös as well, seeing that he could be useful. They immediately join back with the others to go on the mission.

2.) A Dark Jedi, along with three huge Yuuzhan Vong rogues and two Dark Jedi apprentices, is actually controlling the repeater and decides to attack Jacen on Ziv's property (maybe we can do Dark Jedi instead, Kaleesh? :) ). Seeing that Ziv doesn't like others being on his property without his say, the angry and annoyed Vong 'helps' Jacen to fight the rogues.

Sensing a disturbance with Jacen, Zekk, Anakin, Jaina, and Tahiri run to the rescue. Quorra decides to join as well.

After they defeat the bad guys, they decide to go on a mission about the villip beetle on Tatooine and who else was involved in killing the Jedi on Naboo. Ziv decides to join because he is outraged by his fellow warriors treachery and wants to gain the Jedi's trust. Perhaps for his own gain.

These are my options.

As for Quorra and Tahiri, maybe we could wait for Quorra to talk with Jacen and Tahiri alone in her room on her ship, while in hyperspace towards their destination and while Zekk's asleep in his quarters.

Perhaps Anakin, Jaina, Ziv, and Skamlös can go to Tatooine to meet the broker about the villip beetle and who the creator is, while Quorra, Jacen, Tahiri, and Zekk goes to Naboo.

I know this sounds like a lot, but I want the story to progress smoothly yet fun for everyone. What do you guys think about the options?