main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Rise of the Next Generation: NJO AU

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SkywalkerShine, May 2, 2018.

1. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: Thank you, Warm! You guys have amazing posts too. :D

IC: Quorra Flanigan and

Dwelling place of Nokzen Ziv, Zonama Sekot

Once Quorra made it to the dwelling place of Ziv, she gasped softly. Why were they all by his place? And who were these three, eerie-looking people? And how were the three Yuuzhan Vongs defeated? So many questions. But the questions would have to wait, because it was time to assist her friends. Glancing over at Skamlös, the Kaleesh spotted her as well. His look turned from anger to awe.

"Quorra? What are you doing here?" he asked softly. It was surprising to see him speak with calmness towards her in opposite to the others. Perhaps she could convince him that the Jedi were on her and his side?

The young singer walked over by Skamlös' side and smiled. "Do not worry. The twins and their friends are allies. It'll be alright. Come with me. For your safety. Please." She held out a soft hand towards him, staring up at him with soft, brown eyes.

The Kaleesh was at first hesitate, knowing that his master wouldn't approve. But then again, these blasted Jedi and their so-called enemies were still trespassing. But he would trust Quorra, since she was the first person to show him kindness. The older Kaleesh began to take her hand and moved back so that Jacen, Zekk, and the others could solve this.

NPC: Anakin Solo

The young man glared at the three Dark Jedi while standing by his older brother. The brown-haired teenager made sure to keep his guard up, knowing full well that Dark Jedi could be crafty. Just like Lomi Plo and Welk that left him to die on the Myrkr mission. He then heard his sister speak about the defeat of the three Vongs.

"You can blame Mr. 'I-just-have-to-go-check-out-a-feeling' for that, too. I really didn't do all that much."

Anakin grinned at Jacen and Jaina. He was really happy to have siblings like these, even through ups and downs. The young man continued to have his guard up and kept his eyes on the enemies and arm near his lightsaber. He then saw Tahiri and felt relieved that she too was alright. He'd make sure to keep his loved ones safe this time.

NPC: Malev, Nala and Jarvis

The one named Jacen spoke first. "Let's try this again. We want to know who you're working for and then we want you off of this rock and out of this system."

"We could tell you. But we choose not to," Nala said with a mocking grin. Jarvis, on the other hand, was beginning to look nervous for some reason. He was about twenty-years-old while Nala was about twenty-two, who had a little bit of experience than Jarvis. Jarvis was kind of starting out as an apprentice.

Jaina then spoke, keeping her eyes and one blaster trained on Malev, and the other blaster on Jarvis. "Put those away. This is not going to end well for you. In fact, you might want to find a new mentor." She gave their leader a look of disdain, "This one isn't worth following."

The blonde Dark Jedi glanced at his comrades nervously, knowing that this was not going to end well for the three of them. "Master... Maybe we should just fall back. Um... I'm sure we can deal with them later." The opposing Jedi Knights didn't know why Jarvis was acting this way, but Malev and Nala didn't care. "You were always a weak sleemo, Jarvis! Always trying to take the easy road out. Let's take them out now!" Nala exclaimed, igniting her lightsaber and running towards them.

"Nala, no!" Jarvis exclaimed, trying to stop her, only to be Force pushed into a tree and knocked down unconsciously. This was by none other than his own master. "Nala is right, Jarvis. You still have much to learn..." Malev said. He then ignited his red-bladed lightsaber and ran behind his apprentice to engage with the Jedi.

TAG: @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Kaleesh-Cyborg

2. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    We could tell you. But we choose not to.

With a quiet sigh, Jacen realized that the die was cast, that this was going to turn into a lightsaber melee in just a few moments. Sadly, because he and his sister were both holding blasters, it also meant that the two of them were at a huge disadvantage. And changing weapons right now would only force Malev's hand...something Jacen was trying to avoid. On it's face, the wannabe Dark Jedi had to feel pretty good: they faced about even odds with two of their opponents holding the wrong type of weapon. Unfortunately for them, the five Jedi in the clearing had been fighting in battle melds for about three years now...the Dark Jedi had no chance.

Master... Maybe we should just fall back. Um... I'm sure we can deal with them later.

Jarvis was the first to crack. He was probably starting to realize that they had bitten off more than they could chew. Jacen moved him to the bottom of the threat list, realizing that Jarvis was the least likely to attack. Reaching out to his siblings, Zekk, and Tahiri, Jacen quickly formed the outline of a plan. Anakin and Zekk would take take on Nala and Malev accordingly, while Jaina and he would fire for as long as they could at the three wannabes to keep them occupied. Tahiri would stay back in reserve.

Instantly, Jacen felt her indignation, but Anakin was quick to point out that his brother's plan mainly relied on position and not of ability. Tahiri was simply too far away to be of immediate use. Besides, Jacen added, I'm going to need someone to save my hide. The mood of the meld instantly lightened with Tahiri's understanding that Jacen was not doubting her talents, just using her relative position as an asset.

Surprisingly, Nala was the first to attack. You were always a weak sleemo, Jarvis! Always trying to take the easy road out. Let's take them out now! Malev pushed Jarvis out of of the way and lit his red lightsaber with a loud snap-hiss.

Caught slightly off-guard, Anakin was a bit slow getting his sabre out and ignited. Luckily, Jaina was equal to the task. Instantly, she fired off three rounds at the other woman's hands, forcing her to deflect the bolts ineffectually back at the Jedi. Anakin took advantage of the distraction and slashed at the woman's legs. Nala leaped over the attack easily, only to be shot in the foot by Jaina...forcing her to land awkwardly and giving Anakin the advantage.

Zekk jumped in front of a back-pedaling Jaina and met Malev's slash with his own, the crash of the two lightsabers echoing through the clearing. Grinning, Malev paused to take a look at Zekk. "Still have a soft spot for the Solo girl, huh?"

Zekk said nothing, but pushed the older man away and the two started battling in earnest. There was no doubt that Malev was talented, in fact the two were pretty evenly matched. However....

With a loud Crack Malev's left knee exploded in a flash of flesh and blood as Jacen's first round found it's mark. Unable to keep his balance, Malev staggered a bit and his momentum took him right into Zekk's slash. Without meaning to, Zekk removed the leader's head from his body.

Anakin kept up the pressure on Nala, forcing her to give ground the entire time as she limped backwards, her right foot only partially attached. Anakin feinted high and kicked the woman in the chest, sending her flying backwards, her saber deactivating as it landed a meter away from where she thudded to the ground. Desperately, she tried to scramble to her weapon, only to feel Jacen's green blade centimeters from her neck.

"Don't." Jacen said quietly. For a long moment, the loud hum of the lightsaber was all that filled Nala's consciousness as she searched desperately for a way out of her predicament. Finally, accepting her defeat by these weak Jedi, she slumped back onto the ground.

Jacen moved his lightsaber from her throat, but kept it ignited. Nodding at the carnage behind him, "It doesn't have to be this way. We can help you."

"What if I don't want your help?"

"Everyone wants help Nala, they just don't know how to ask."

@SkywalkerShine; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri
    Home of Nokzen Ziv

She felt a surge of annoyance at being held back from the main battle but was assured by Jacen it wasn't a slight on her ability. As she watched Zekk, Jaina, and Jacen in seamless fashion handle the adversaries, she felt annoyance give way to admiration. Once the dust settled, she made her way to Anakin and suddenly noticed Quorra off to the side with an older Kaleesh.

@SkywalkerShine & @SiouxFan & @Kaleesh-Cyborg

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  4. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    As the adrenaline started to ebb, Jacen took a quick look around. Jaina and Zekk were staring bleakly at the decapitated body of Malev. Jacen supposed he should feel badly about the death of the man, but couldn't summon the emotion -- he'd seen too much death recently.

Jacen smirked at Tahiri's look of concern as she approached Anakin, knowing that she was probably worried about her boyfriend.

Turning his attention back to Nala, he squatted next to her, making sure to keep his ignited 'sabre between he and her. "I'm guessing that Malev didn't teach you anything about how to heal yourself?"

The brunette growled in response, "Pain is only temporary, Jedi."

"True." Jacen agreed, sensing the bluster behind her comment. He glanced down at her foot and tweaked it slightly with the Force. Instantly, the woman bit down on her lip to keep from screaming in pain. "But why submit yourself to it unnecessarily?"

He released his grip and the pain lessened. "How about a trade? I teach you a simple healing technique, you tell me who you work for."

Fear flashed across Nala's face, "Or you'll torture me? Is that the deal?"

Jacen shook his head, "Not at all. Blaster burns like that have a nasty tendency to become infected out here in the tampasi. You're free to take the risk."

"You don't know what he'll do to me when he finds out I talked." Nala whispered, clearly afraid of her boss.

Nodding, Jacen used the Force to alleviate some of her pain as a 'good faith' gesture and saw the surprise in her eyes. "Who says you have to go back?"

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  5. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Quorra Flanigan

[​IMG]

Quorra watched as the Jedi fought the Dark Jedi. The way they moved and how focused they were sent shivers down Quorra's spine. She had a sense of awe and nervousness. What if the Dark Jedi had won? Then she and Skamlös would have to run for it. But Quorra had faith in the Jedi. She knew that they would make it out of this. How do you think they won the war?

As a Yuuzhan Vong, she had the urge to help her friends, wanting to tear off the Dark Jedi's heads. But that was not her. She was Human and she would honor her late mother and father's wishes to maintain peace...

Suddenly, Quorra witnessed Zekk slash off the head from Malev! The young woman gasped while covering her mouth in shock. The feeling of being up-close to see an actual death was unnerving.

Finally, the blaster and lightsaber fight was over.

Quorra remained close to Skamlös, very nervous to go and see how Zekk felt. By the bleak look on his and Jaina's face, the feeling of killing someone was not very satisfying. The young woman decided to stay back and gaze down sadly, not wanting to bother Zekk and the others. If she did, would they jump in fear and hurt her? No... No, they couldn't. They were her friends! She trusted them. Everything would be okay.

"Quorra? Are you alright?" A male voice asked her. It was Skamlös with a slight concern on his face. He gazed at the young woman, making sure she was alright. Quorra smiled and nodded. "Hm? Oh, yeah yeah. I'm good. Thank you, my friend." She saw Tahiri spot the singer as Quorra smiled quietly at her. Then she gazed at the ground again.

Anakin held Tahiri close after the fight was over. He smiled. "Yeah... We are far from having a normal life." He then rubbed her back in comfort and whispered, "Sorry you didn't get a piece of them. But next time, you'll get the bad guys."

NPC: Nala and Jarvis

"Who says you have to go back?"

Upon hearing Jacen Solo say this, the dark-haired young woman glanced down at the grass with a shamed look. "You don't understand. This guy... he's crazier and stronger than Onimi. That's all I know..." All of a sudden, Jarvis could be seen sitting by a tree. He had tears of sorrow and desperation in his voice. He even struggled to talk to Jaina and the others.

[​IMG]

"P-P-Please! I didn't mean any of this. I... I... I was following orders! Please don't kill me. I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt. I'm sorry...!" Tears ran down his cheeks and snot began to drip from his nose. This was probably the first time Jaina, Jacen, or anyone seen a Dark Jedi cry for mercy. And seeing Jarvis, who was in his early twenties, act like a frightened child was very heartbreaking.

TAG:
    @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri with Anakin
    Dwelling place of Nokzen Ziv

She smirked at Anakin's comment: "The only satisfaction coming from taking on the enemy is helping those who can't help themselves. Jacen seems to be making headway with Nala." She observed thoughtfully.

IC: Zekk

Zekk watched as Nala interacted with Jacen and Jarvis' plea for mercy. He moved over to Jarvis and thought: This leader of theirs, the invisible one, he has a hold on them -- real or imagined. How can we loosen it?

Maybe Jarvis' family was being held hostage? Zekk knew how easy it would be to dance to the tune of a sadist in the misguided thought it would keep your family or friends from harm. The rub of it all is that it never did.

"Look, Jarvis," He put in, "Whoever this Gundark butt is, he can't be dogging your steps now. So you can break loose now, and he can find out the hard way."

@SkywalkerShine

7. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare
    Zonama Sekot, Dwelling place of Nokzen Ziv

Skamlös seems unaffected by the carnage before him. His yellow eyes are unreadable behind his skull mask. Death and war is a part of his life and his culture; he is well acquainted with both. Seeing others get their heads lopped off by Jedi and their cursed glowing swords of colored fire is nothing he hasn’t seen before. He has seen it happen to his own people and his blood boils at the memory. Glancing at Quorra, he realizes that the impact of the violence has a far greater affect on her, yet sympathy is not an easy emotion for him to display. The Jedi won and that only means the worst in his mind.

“I must go,” he sighs, turning away, “The Jedi need to vacate the premises immediately and I have duties to attend to. They have no business with myself or my master and neither do we with them.”

He turns to go, anger evident in the way he carries himself; stiff, as though he is trying to hold back a desire to fight and drive the Jedi away by force. How he hates them! Memories of his friends being slaughtered by them in a war that had already crippled his people stream through his mind. They had needed help and the Jedi only brought them hell. The sanctions that followed the brutal fight had plunged the planet into poverty it had never recovered from even to this day. How can he possibly be civil to any of them?

Tag: @SkywalkerShine

8. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    You don't understand. This guy... he's crazier and stronger than Onimi. That's all I know...

Jacen was about to respond when Jarvis spoke, P-P-Please! I didn't mean any of this. I... I... I was following orders! Please don't kill me. I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt. I'm sorry...!

"Look, Jarvis,"
    Zekk replied, "Whoever this Gundark butt is, he can't be dogging your steps now. So you can break loose now, and he can find out the hard way."

Jaina nodded at Zekk's comment, "Zekk's right. Your boss sent you three, which means he's probably too afraid of taking us on himself." She looked at Nala, "And because you were busy hiding from the Vong, you have no-o-o idea how crazy or strong Omini was."

Nala opened her mouth to protest, but it died when she saw one of the scars on Jacen's arm. She didn't know much about the Vong, but recognized an amphistaff wound when she saw one. Looking up at Jacen, who was busy tending to her ankle, she could see a couple more faded scars on his neck that disappeared below his collar. Because all of the scars had faded, it was clear that he and, by extension, his friends had been fighting the Vong for years. For the first time in a long time, she felt ashamed. While others had been risking their lives trying to fight an invading army, her and Jarvis had been hiding away and letting Malev distort their view of reality.

Sensing her thoughts, Jacen looked over, "We've all done things we're not proud of. It's never too late to start over." He smiled, "But...you've got to give us something to tell the Council. My aunt is not as forgiving as I."

"I don't know anything."

Jaina, who by this time was standing behind her brother, frowned and stepped on the other woman's injured ankle. Hearing Nala's swallowed scream of pain, Jaina commented, "You're going to have to do better than that."

"I don't...."

"Tatooine." Jarvis interrupted, giving his friend a look of sympathy. "We came here from Tatooine."

"Where?"

"We don't know." Nala bit back angrily, scowling at Javis. "Malev kept us in the back of some beat-up cargo transport and we couldn't see anything. All we know is that we were in some run-down town on Tatooine and that Malev met with someone for about an hour. They made us stay in the speeder with the black-out windows closed."

Jaina glanced at her brother, who only shrugged. "Well..." Jaina said at last, "I guess that's a start."

Behind them, Skamlos grumbled again. The Jedi need to vacate the premises immediately and I have duties to attend to. They have no business with myself or my master and neither do we with them.

Sighing, Jacen heaved himself to his feet and offered his hand to Nala. "Time to go. We've got to bury Malev and the dead Vong and get out of here before Mr. Grumpy causes another scene."

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  9. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

“I must go,” he sighs, turning away, “The Jedi need to vacate the premises immediately and I have duties to attend to. They have no business with myself or my master and neither do we with them.”

Quorra watched Skamlös go angrily. Seeing him like this sent bewilderment and sadness to her. Why did he hate the Jedi so much? After all they had done for the galaxy? Could it have been his past? Deep down she wanted to know. "Wait, my friend! Um... Could you stay for a few minutes, please? I have to ask you something really quick. I'll be right back though. I'm sorry."

After she gave Skamlös a nervous smile, the young woman rushed over to Jacen, Zekk, and the others. "Hey guys? I have an idea. What if one of you guys go to Tatooine to find the broker about what you all found? I know a person there that can definitely help. And I can go back to Naboo to see who else was behind this. What do you guys think?"

Quorra wondered who would go to Tatooine and who would go to Naboo.

Anakin grinned at Tahiri when she spoke about helping others and his older brother. "The only satisfaction coming from taking on the enemy is helping those who can't help themselves. Jacen seems to be making headway with Nala."

He smirked and nodded in agreement. "You're right about that. As for Jacen, he always had ways to talk with others. I guess he sees good in some people." He watched as Jacen continued to question and speak with Nala and Jarvis. Jaina, on the other hand, always took action and was a bit aggressive. It was, "Less talking, more going" with her. Jacen and Jaina maybe twins, but they were sure different. Still, he respected both of them, whether they were tough or kind to others.

Upon hearing Quorra's idea, Anakin nodded with raised and approved eyebrows. "That actually sounds like a plan. Let's see... Maybe Jacen, Zekk, and Quorra could go to Naboo and see who else was behind this (seeing that Quorra overheard someone talking). Then Jaina, Tahiri, and I could go to Tatooine and find this broker. How does that sound?"

Unbeknownst to Anakin and the others, Quorra really wanted Skamlös to come along with them, so that he could find a way to escape Ziv's grip. Maybe he could stay with Quorra and be helped by people who cared.

This really sucked like mynocks. It would have been better to stay on Tatooine behind closed doors. She wouldn't have cared to rot in there. No one cared for her. Why should she care about surviving? When Jacen offered his hand to her, the dark-haired woman gazed at it with a quiet frown. Then she sighed and took it, standing up and wincing in pain.

Jarvis walked over next to Nala, looking down quietly. Glaring at him, Nala wished that he was taken into custody instead of her. Then again, Jarvis was somewhat like a brother to her. He still had much to learn. As did she. Were these Jedi willing to help them? Who knew...

"Fine. We're ready to be taken away. Although, I would teach your sister about respecting others. If she has any respect..." Nala said to Jacen, limping from the slight pain. Even though Jacen healed it, her ankle still ached from the skirmish.

Jarvis glanced at Quorra who stepped up to talk to the team. Strangely, he couldn't sense anything from her. Could it be? No... Maybe she was concealing the fact that she had the Force. Maybe.

They were now ready but reluctant to go to the Jedi Masters.

TAG:
    @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk with the others at Ziv's Residence

After hearing Anakina dn Quorra's suggestions, Zekk grinned inwardly. Being in the midst of the action was something he was always ready for, rather than waiting for things to get solved on their own. And he wouldn't mind spending time with Quorra and getting to know her better.

IC: Tahiri ...

Tahiri watched as things seemed to gel into a plan of action. She kept a close watch on Nala and Jarvis who seemed to be agreeing to come along just in case they pulled something, although she had no doubt Jacen and Jaina could more than keep them in line. She cast a smile in Zekk's direction, knowing he would be more than pleased to have Quorra on the team(s).

TAG: @SiouxFan and @SkywalkerShine

11. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Let's see... Maybe Jacen, Zekk, and Quorra could go to Naboo and see who else was behind this. Then Jaina, Tahiri, and I could go to Tatooine and find this broker. How does that sound?

Jacen shared a look with his sister as he walked over and carefully picked up two of the amphistaffs the still-unconscious Vong had dropped earlier. Stroking the creatures lightly to get them to relax, he slowly started bending into a different shape. Sensing Jaina's small spike of jealousy towards the mention of Quora, he whispered almost inaudibly to Jaina, "Want to swap?"

Jaina shook her head, and replied just as low, "Nah, that was a long time ago." Keep an eye on them, though. She sent to Jacen -- earning a quick smile and nod from her twin. In truth, she would rather both her brothers would go with her to Tatooine...it had been ages since they'd been able to spend time together without having to fight off some lame dark Jedi, Vong, or Peace Brigader. Still though, she recognized the outline of Anakin's plan...Naboo was probably going to require some diplomatic skills; which meant that one of the Solo kids was going to have to go there. For all their strengths, neither Zekk or Tahiri had the advantage of growing up with the Chief of State.

Besides, Jacen sent, we'd just waste time racing swoop bikes around the desert.

Fighting a smile, Jaina turned to Anakin, "Sounds good. I'm flying, though."

Anakin opened his mouth to protest, but stopped when Tahiri back-handed him on the shoulder, laughing as she did. "When in doubt, always let the Rogue take the wheel." Tahiri said wryly...earning an offended look from Anakin.

Fine. We're ready to be taken away. Although, I would teach your sister about respecting others. If she has any respect...

Jacen rolled his eyes at Nala's comment as he held her the crutches he'd fashioned from the amphistaffs. "She's a lot more respectful when you're not trying to kill her."

Nala considered a moment before conceding the point...she really should be more grateful they did not just kill her and Jarvis. A Dark Jedi would have.

"What am I supposed to do with these?" She asked Jacen, taking the offered crutches.

Jacen shook his head and pointed to her ankle, "I just relieved the pain, you ankle still a mess. Stay off of that until we can get proper treatment." As if on cue, her ankle throbbed and she almost fell, grabbing Jarvis's arm for balance.

"Can I trust these things?" She asked, tucking one under each arm. And where did Jacen learn to manipulate Vong biots? she wanted to ask, but did not.

"As long as you behave." Jacen replied dryly, shooting her a wink.

You should really stop flirting with the Dark Jedi. Jaina sent her brother. Danni's likely to get mad!

Point taken.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  12. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Skamlös Krigare
    Zonama Sekot, Dwelling place of Nokzen Ziv

The Kaleesh slave gives pause at Quorra’s request, though the tension remains as is evident as his shoulders stiffen. He turns back to her, expression unreadable behind his traditional mask. Inside, he wants to just walk away; return to the life he despises, yet has grown familiar with.

As Quorra runs a short distance to converse with her friends, Skamlös waits patiently, though not without anxiety. He doesn’t want to provoke a second beating today. Force knows it will be hard enough to do his work after the one he’s already taken. As he watches Quorra speaking with the Jedi people, his mind wanders back somewhere deep in the past.

Why was it so easy for the Jedi to believe the enemies of the Kaleesh? Why had they chosen to side with the Huk and bring a planet that already had harsh living conditions under sanctions that nearly exterminated the Kaleesh race?

They are disgusting, Skamlös thinks to himself, Passive. They could have gone to war against us and seen the fervor with which we protect our home, but no. Instead, they deprived us; plunged us into desperate poverty while the Huk gloated over our fate. How I hate them. If ever there was an organization to oppose them, I would gladly enlist my services.

Tag: @SkywalkerShine

SiouxFan and SkywalkerShine like this.
  13. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007

"Awesome! Then we should get the move on. I'll get the Burning Light ready." Walking back to Skamlös, Quorra was super happy to hang out with the Jedi and find the remaining scumbags that wouldn't back down from the war. These same scumbags that either invaded the galaxy or allied themselves with the Vongs. But the mastermind Vong would be brought to justice. As well as his fellow rogue Vongs and lackeys. If only Quorra could use the Force to guide her. Then she would definitely be useful to her Jedi friends.

How did she know about the Force? Well, someone very close told her stories about it...

After she made it to where Skamlös was, Quorra placed a gentle hand on his shoulder and smiled. "Now is the opportunity to leave this place, my friend. Come with me. You can even stay with me until we find you a good place. I don't care if Ziv reveals my secret. The only thing that matters is seeing you free from slavery. Come with me. Please."

TAG: @Kaleesh-Cyborg

"Settled! Let's get going then. We'll give these two to Uncle Luke and the others first. Then we'll be off." With that, Anakin began to walk away, escorting the two, unarmed Dark Jedi with his own blaster. He smiled at Tahiri and winked at her. He couldn't wait to spend time with her. Just like old times...

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @SiouxFan

Nala was taken by surprise when Jacen winked at her. How could she respond to that? No Jedi has ever winked at her before. "Uuummm..." she said, a little speechless. She glanced down quietly, glaring with rosy cheeks. She did her best to hide the blush that was evident on her face. "Th-Thank you. Jedi." She began to limp away with the amphistaffs' help, with Jarvis walking beside her just in case she fell.

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @SiouxFan

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk observing Quorra

This lady is so compassionate, he thought, even though he didn't overhear what she was saying to Skamlos. Definitely someone I'm looking forward to spending time with! And "BurningLight" ... something told him that was an apt name for her ship.

~~

Tahiri felt a rush of satisfaction at how things had wrapped up with Nala and Jarvis.

It could've gone a lot worse!

She grinned and winked back at Anakin. "Yes! We're headed in the same direction, for a change."

@SkywalkerShine ;)

15. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    The Solo twins were the last to make it back to the crash site where they were immediately met by two people, Luke Skywalker and Danni Quee. The former stepped immediately, while the blonde scientist hung back a few paces.

Smiling, Luke greeted them. "I see that you two are still finding ways to get into trouble."

Jaina laughed, "Blame Dad. He's always the one who told us to 'follow your instincts."

"True." The Jedi Grandmaster agreed, "And I see you've also inherited his disregard for personal safety." Both twins shared an apologetic shrug. "Anakin's filled me in some, but I wanted to get your opinion."

Jaina noticed that while he had addressed them both, his gaze fell to Jacen. Taking the cue, Jaina melted away to rejoin the rest of the group.

"I've got a load of questions for the two, but I'll leave that to you." Jacen replied, his eyes trailing his sister. Turning his attetion to Luke, "I think though, that both of them were following Malev out of fear more than any actual conviction. The bigger question is who taught Malev?"

Luke nodded, "That was Anakin's take as well. I'm hoping he can find out on Tatooine. Thank you for your input." He lowered his voice to a whisper, "Danni was worried sick, by the way." Winking at his nephew, he turned and left.

Jacen turned his attention to Danni, who approached cautiously. "What's this I hear about you flirting with a Dark Jedi?"

"I wasn't flirting, I was...." Jacen trailed off when he saw Danni' smirk. She didn't really think he had been, but wanted to needle him. "I walked right into that, didn't I?"

"Yep."

Jacen shook his head, "Dark and broody really is more of Jaina's thing."

"Good to know." Danni replied, taking his hand. "I hear you're headed to Naboo?"

Jacen let out a sigh as he replied, "Yep. With two people crushing on each other, and maybe a Kaleesh who hates Jedi. Ought to be a real fun ride. Wanna join me?"

"When you put it that way, how could I refuse?" The pair shared a laugh before Danni turned serious, "Try to stay out of trouble. For me."

Jacen kissed the blonde woman, "I'll try."

16. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    ****Okay, it's been too long since anyone updated!***

Because he did not have anything to pack up, and because Quorra and Zek were busy doing the preflight on the Burning Light, Jacen sat with his back to the Light's right landing skid and busied himself by reading through NRI's background paper about Naboo. The first thing that caught his attention was the elected Monarch. Seemed a bit...contrary, in his opinion.

So engrossed in the Nubian synopsis, he did not notice as Nala crutched herself over. "Jedi Solo? Do you have a moment?" She asked, quietly.

Startled, Jacen looked up at the brunette. Seeing her worried look, he smiled, "Call me Jacen. And sure."

The brunette blushed, but for what reason Jacen could not begin to guess. Nervously biting her lower lip, she continued. "Master Skywalker tell me that you were a POW?"

Jacen nodded. "I was a 'guest' of the Vong for a year or so, I think. Not an experience I'd recommend." He added, drily.

Despite herself, Nala chuckled. Encouraged, she asked the question foremost on her mind. "How did you let go of your hate?"

"I didn't." Jacen answered matter-of-factly, as he got to his feet. Lowering his voice he took a step closer to the hopefully-not-as-dark Jedi. "When I was in the embrace, I wanted to crush them all. Burn their world ships to a crisp. Destroy each. And. Every. One. Of. Them." He stopped, clearly chagrined at the admission. Nala did not know how to reply to that, so said nothing. Finally, after a few moments, Jacen surprised her by taking her hand, "But..." he continued, still whispering, "...hate is so-o-o-o hard to hold on to. After a while, hatred becomes bitterness." He looked up into her eyes, "And I refused to become a bitter old man."

Nala smiled at the joke.

"We all get mad, Nala..." Jacen continued, "...we all occasionally hate something or someone. But we cannot let it define us."

"They tell us hatred makes us stronger." Nala added.

"A lie." Jacen replied, shaking his head and releasing her hand. "Hatred only makes us seem stronger. Love makes us stronger."

Nala could see the burning compassion in Jacen's eyes and nodded once. "Thank you." She whispered.

Hearing footsteps, they turned to see a clearly confused Danni Quee coming their way. "Am I interrupting something?" She asked, trying to sound nonchalant, but failing miserably.

"Not at all." Jacen replied, trying not to smirk at Danni's jealousy. "We were just discussing the Embrace of Pain."

Danni made a face, "Ugh. I spent ten minutes in one once. I have no idea how you lasted as long as you did."

"You spent ten minutes in the Embrace?"

"Of course."

So lost in their conversation about the Vong's favorite torture device, that they did not notice Nala as she slipped away, lost in thought about where her future would take her.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  17. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: I deeply apologize, everyone. Let's carry on.

Forest clearing, Zonama Sekot

Moments later, Quorra and the others were inside her ship, Burning Light, getting ready for the flight. She was inside the cockpit, getting everything ready.

This was so awesome! She finally got a chance to hang out with the Jedi and help them. With her being a Yuuzhan Vong, maybe she could one day prove that not all Yuuzhan Vongs were bad. She wanted to have peace with the Jedi and others in the galaxy. Was it the right time to tell the others? Jacen knew. But maybe Quorra would tell the others later. Maybe...

Glancing over at Zekk, she smiled timidly with a blush. "So, Zekk. What'cha think about the Burning Light so far?" she asked, trying to start a chat while getting the ship ready.

"Yes! We're headed in the same direction, for a change."

Anakin chuckled at Tahiri's reply. "For sure! Let's get goin', shall we?" He held her hand and ran back to where Uncle Luke was.

Moments later, after convincing Luke to let them investigate all that had happened, Anakin walked over to Jacen and Danni, smiling. "Hey! Why don't you ask Uncle Luke if you could take Danni with you. I'm sure we could use her help for the mission." In truth, Anakin wanted Jacen to have time with Danni, that way his brother wouldn't feel alone. Well, he was with Zekk but still.

TAG: @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Kaleesh-Cyborg

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Zekk on the Bleeding Heart

Zekk glanced around at the Bleeding Heart carefully and smiled at Quorra's question. "I have been on more than one kind of ship, from souped-up to barely functional. This one's really amazing, speaks to your skill that you could get and keep such a fine craft, let me tell you!"

Tahiri laughed inwardly at Anakin's offhand suggestion about taking Danni. She knew very well that neither Jacen nor Danni would object to some time together, in the midst of action and during the down-times in between. Such things forged a stronger friendship and proved the quality of whatever might be blossoming between them.
    @SkywalkerShine & @SiouxFan

Khalia Octa and SkywalkerShine like this.
  19. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    "So, what did you tell your not-really-dark Jedi?" Danni asked after a couple of minutes of comparing notes about Vong torture.

Again, Jacen fought the urge to smile at the blonde's small fit of jealousy. "She asked me how I let go of my hate for the Vong." He grimaced, "I told her that I hadn't...that I still hate what they've done to everyone. To me." His voice lowered, "To you."

Danni took his hand, and he continued in a low voice, "I told her that hate turns to bitterness, and I refuse to be a bitter old man." Just like Nala, Danni chuckled. "I told her that hate won't make her strong...only love will."

He looked over at Danni and saw a strange look on her face as she let go of his hand. "What?"

"You still don't know, do you?" Danni replied, a small smile on her face.

"Know what?"

Danni shook her head as Anakin and Tahiri approached. "Don't ever change, Jacen. Don't ever change."

Hey! Why don't you ask Uncle Luke if you could take Danni with you. I'm sure we could use her help for the mission.

"Or you could just skip the middle man and ask Mom directly." Replied Leia's voice from the aft end of the Light. "Although, since I was coming to ask our scientist here..." she nodded at Danni, "...to act as the sole adult on this trip, I guess the question is moot."

Anakin looked over at Jacen, "Wasn't being the 'adult'....." he used air quotes as he said this, "....Jaina's role for this trip?"

Jacen looked confused, "I thought Zekk was supposed to play that part this time?"

Anakin shrugged, and both Tahiri and Danni shared a look.

Mara muttered something about impossible kids before giving the group her 'Mom look'. "We just ended the war, so don't do anything stupid."

Anakin looked offended, "Hey, it's us."

"Which is why I'm telling you to not do anything dumb! Keep us advised."

Danni nodded, "We will." Tahiri raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Well, I will." Danni corrected.

Leia nodded and gave each of her sons a hug. "I'm serious, no disintegrations."

"Yes ma'am." Her oldest son replied, chuckling as he went up the ramp, closing the door behind Danni.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @SkywalkerShine

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  20. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    IC: Rhea Zurian

Even after the Yuuzhan Vong War was over, there were still some that wouldn't let go of their hate for the Jedi. After all these years, why couldn't people enjoy peace after what the galaxy has been through? Rhea Zurian sighed and brushed the thoughts to the back of her mind.

As a former Jedi Knight and accomplished pilot, Rhea wanted to help the Jedi and their allies from these crazed Vong people. And after the Vong's defeat, she had been relieved. But after seeing someone injure and kill some of the Jedi here, she felt the need to try and find out who else was behind this.
    Overhearing the Solo kids talk about finding out clues about this attack, Rhea concluded that she should volunteer to join their "hunt". After all, it wouldn't hurt to get some backup, would it?

The white-haired woman strode up to Leia, her sons, and the others and bowed slightly. "Excuse me, but if it's not too much to ask... I'd like to join the Solo kids. Maybe I can assist Anakin and Jaina on the journey." she turned her head slightly and smiled, "If that's fine, of course"

TAG: @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @SkywalkerShine

21. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Inside the Burning Light, Zonama Sekot

Quorra smiled timidly at Zekk's compliment with rosy cheeks. Even though it was wasn't famous as the Millenium Falcon, the young musician was grateful to have a ship to call her own. And she lived in it after the devastating Battle of Coruscant.

Glancing up at Zekk from her trance, Quorra replied, "Thanks, Zekk! And thanks for letting me assist you guys. I want to help the Jedi in any way I can. After seeing you guys knighted on Dac... I felt that hope was rising again." Gazing down at the controls while sitting on her pilot seat, the young woman chuckled. "Sorry. That was probably cheesy."

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Feeling his mother's comfort was very soothing for Anakin. After the Mission to Myrkr, Anakin was so wounded that he remained inactive for the majority of the battles. The pain he'd experienced was like no other. The Yuuzhan Vong War really changed them. But towards the end, he pulled through and helped his loved ones.

Before he and Tahiri could meet Jaina on the Jade Shadow, Anakin glanced at a young woman who walked up to them to volunteer on the mission. They could use the extra help. It would be nice to have someone else join in, just in case they needed back-up. The young man gave the woman named Rhea an approved smile. "I wouldn't mind. We could use the extra help. Mom? Jacen? What do you think?"

TAG: @Khalia Octa @SiouxFan @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Khalia Octa likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Tahiri with Anakin and the Rest of the Family

Tahiri basked in the affectionate banter of the Solos and Mara's snarky commentary. It felt so normal, so lighthearted!

When a newcomer arrived and offered to join them, Anakin gave her a smile. Tahiri glanced at her. She would welcome the extra help, too. You could never have too many allies...

IC: Zekk with Quorra on the Bleeding Heart

Zekk laughed. "Hey, Quorra. I am familiar and comfortable with a whole different level of cheesy. You forget I know the Solos and Calrissians." He winked. "All kidding aside, I couldn't ask for a better extended family."

@SkywalkerShine & @Khalia Octa

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    SkywalkerShine and Khalia Octa like this.
  23. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    I wouldn't mind. We could use the extra help. Mom? Jacen? What do you think?

Leia looked around. "Where'd Jacen get to? He must have already gotten onboard the Light." She rolled her eyes and addressed Rhea, "I don't think he'll mind...and someone has to chaperone these two...." she gestured at Anakin and Tahiri, "...because I don't think Jaina will." Anakin looked offended, but Leia knew that he wasn't. "Anyway, you're welcome to join them. I'm serious about keeping us in the loop once you get to Tatooine, though!"

@SkywalkerShine; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Khalia Octa

A/N: Sorry, that's really short...I didn't know where else to go with this!

24. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Jaina completed a circuit around the Jade Shadow, finishing her preflight. Satisfied that everything looked normal, she made her way across the small clearing to where Quora's ship, the Burning Light was parked. Someday, she told herself, I'll have a ship of my own. Deep down, Jaina realized she should not be jealous, but it seemed a bit unfair that the best pilot of her generation was always having to beg, borrow, or steal a ship to fly.

"Credit for your thoughts?" Leia asked concernedly, interrupting Jaina's reverie. Jaina was so lost in thought that she had not even noticed her mother's approach. The two of them covered the last thirty meters to the Light.

Jaina shook her head, "Sorry, I was just wallowing in my self-pity at having to use Aunt Mara's ship."

Leia gave her daughter an understanding smile. Her kids had had to grow up much too fast and had given up so much...it was easy to forget that they were barely past twenty. All of them deserved to have a normal life, now. "I'll tell you what," Leia replied, taking her daughter's hand, "we'll go shopping for one when you get back."

"Nah." Jaina replied, ruefully. "I don't really need one, I was just feeling sorry for myself." She glanced at her mother, "But I appreciate the offer."

Leia smiled. "How about I leave the offer on the table for a while?"

"Deal." Jaina replied, laughing as she did.

Approaching the small group, Jaina noticed a white-haired woman standing next to Anakin. The woman seemed familiar, but Jaina could not pin down why.

"You remember Rhea?" Anakin asked. "She's going to come with us."

"Vaguely." Jaina told her brother when he had jogged her memory. Turning her attention to Rhea You were at the academy, right?" Jaina replied, shaking the woman's hand. "Welcome aboard."

She turned back to her brother, "Preflight is done. We should probably get going."

Anakin smiled, and addressed Tahiri and Rhea. "You heard the lady...time to go!" Anakin grabbed his duffel off the ground and headed towards the Shadow, Tahiri and Rhea following behind.

Leia hugged her daughter as she turned to leave, "Be careful."

Jaina only nodded as she returned the embrace.

@SkywalkerShine; @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; @Khalia Octa

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  25. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    IC: Rhea Zurian

"You went to the academy, right?"

Rhea smiled at Jaina and awkwardly shook her hand; formalities weren't for her. "Yep, I was. I left a few years after I was knighted, so I probably knew you there." She left off why she left - they could ask her themselves.

She grabbed her pack from beside her and followed the Solos & Tahiri up.

OOC: Well, didn't know what else to say!