main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jek_Windu, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    They said 2 heroes will fall. They didn't say DIE. Nikki probably did die, but they never showed me a charred corpse and this show is using the rules of any good comic so until I see some charred remains and Micah identifying them, I remain suspicious that they would orphan the kid. Noah and Nathan are proof of that. Maya as well now. And Nathan was next to a man who saw what healing blood can do and was exposed to 2 seperate heroes with that ability. If peter's blood can't heal, he's a failure. The thing about these 2 heroes specifically is they just started to get interesting and useful enough to help in the real world. I'm not so sure they are dead.

2. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Folks on these boards will probably know what I mean when I say they killed the wrong brother.

I hope I'm wrong though and they bring him back.

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Two Alias villains, trapped forever!

I absolutely loved Hiro's solution to the Adam-problem. Can you imagine a more terrible fate for a man who can live forever? He thought the cell at The Company was bad...imagine being stuck in a claustrophobic box for eternity. Another thing I liked about it was that the solution was one that Hiro was uniquely capable of dreaming up.

(Which isn't to say he might not be dug back up a few seasons from now, when the show's running out of steam...)

I don't think there's any hope for Niki, since we apparently saw her incinerated. I feel sorry for Ali Larter. She keeps dying in massive explosions. Though, at least in Final Destination 2, you got a slo-mo shot of her face melting off which CONFIRMED it. On the other hand, there may be hope for Nathan, since we still have an intact body.

It would be too cute by half to resurrect him with Claire's blood, after Adam's blood saved him only weeks prior. I think The Company shot themselves in the foot by assassinating Nathan, however. The murder only gives legitimacy to his claims. It's a conspiracy theorist's wet dream. I wonder if HRG is the assassin?

And that Angela Petrelli is one stone-cold bitch. Imagine watching your son's death play out on TV like that, and react the way she did? Tough as nails. Easily one of the most interesting characters on the show.

This episode got my heart racing more than any other episode this year. Too bad that it's now over indefinitely.

4. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    It seems like Peter's blood should have healing properties too... at least thats what they want us to think. But since he just absorbed the power he may not be able to transfer it to others. Just a thought. The thing that confuses me is that Peter used to have to concentrate to use the powers of others. Now it almost seems natural. If he were still limited in that regard his blood would be useless I would think. Honestly I do hope they save Nathan somehow.

As for Niki I wasn't shocked to see her go. She'd been boring for a while anyways.

5. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    Maybe Adam's blood is still in his system [face_praying] That, or Peter can fix him, or Matt has his surgeon on speed dial. I was wondering about HRG too...I'd hate to think he shot the biological father of his own daughter - that just seems like too much, even for HRG. (That and I hate the idea that my favorite character shot my second favorite).

She ordered the hit. I'm calling it now.

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Adam can't die and regenerates. Why won't he just claw his way up zombie after a few hours/days? :confused:

7. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    he can't suffocate though? i find that interesting.

8. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    I guess his cells don't need oxygen to regenerate. [face_thinking]

If Hiro has any sense, he used a strong metal coffin.

9. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    What annoyed me, though, was that Peter's brother stages a news conference to bust up a massive, well-financed, corrupt organization -- even mentions his plans for it aloud IN THEIR HEADQUARTERS -- and doesn't bother to arrange any type of reasonable security for himself. He's got Parkman and his multipowered brother around him, and some clown gets a shot off?

What was Parkman doing? Peter? They knew The Company would make a move; they were supremely equipped to protect the flying Congressman, but didn't.

In all fairness, since we don't yet know who did the shooting, maybe Parkman couldn't get any reading on the person. The Haitian could have been involved (at least, I think the writers have finally decided that one of his powers is to dampen other people's powers). Or maybe there was too much interference with all those people for Parkman to get a read on the assassin.

And if HRG was indeed the assassin, his presence would of course play into the Haitian being there, for obvious reasons.

10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Given the cemetary. I thought he stuck him in with daddy.:confused:

11. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Good but predictable episode last night. My thoughts:

*Hiro definintely made a mistake not killing Adam. I wonder how long before we see him again?
    *I hope Nikki stays dead.
    *Shouldn't somebody haved tried to stop the assassin from just getting away? I mean he just slowly walks away without any trouble.
    *With Volume 3 being titled Villains I wonder what new characters we'll meet and what powers, if any, they'll have?

12. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    Repeated use of healing blood would be a cheap cop-out. It already feels cheap, anyway.

Niki being killed will give Monica and Micah a Batman-style "origin" and might motivate them to actually function as heroes in the community. Again, Batman-style.

Adam is basically just in storage until the story calls for him again. If he gets dug up, he'll be all corpsified and gross, possibly, but still very much alive once he gets some oxygen.

Angela is probably going to either sit on the sidelines, or help the new generation with the cause that Nathan was starting: take down The Company. I'm hoping for the latter.

Noah (HRG) was set up to be the gunman, what with going back to The Company and all. The gunman moved like him, and Parkman acted like he recognized him. I doubt that the Haitian was involved, though. I think it was just too many minds, and Parkman was focused on making them listen to Nathan, so he missed HRG.

"Villains" . . . . hmm. Sylar has his powers back. Adam is still alive. Nightmare Man could find his way out of the mental box that Parkman put him in. And I'm sure there's something worse out there, too . . . . possibly Uluru the Invincible?

And where, oh where, is Claude?

13. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Do you think it is possible that Nikki became Jessica before she died and got her powers back. I mean when she switches she does become a totally different person, so maybe Jessica would still have strength. Although I am not sure if become Jessica would be considered a power or not. For some reason I thought we would see DL walking out carrying her.

I like how Mohinder was worried about Nikki when Sylar took the blood.

So what do you think Angela meant about opening Pandora's Box. Does she mean Peter going all out crazy on the company with the help of Matt and Hiro. Since hero seemed to idolize Nathan I am sure he would come involved. Or was she referring to herself showing them not to mess with her family (even though she seemed a little heartless). Although it could of been her just saying it had to be done, but you are going to pay to do it.

I can say that I enjoyed this episode better then the one last year, and it is really setting up for a good part 3, especially since they said they are going to start fast right out of the gates

And some info the creators are releasing for the next volume

http://www.tvguide.com/news/heroes-generations-finale/071204-01

Exclusive: Tim Kring Explains Heroes' "Generations" Finale
    by Michael Logan
    Hayden Panettiere by Paul Drinkwater/NBC

Hayden Panettiere, Heroes
    Will Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) die by an assassin's bullet? Was Niki (Ali Larter) truly blown to hot, blonde, gorgeous bits? Will Adam (David Anders) spend eternity six feet under? And ? say it ain't so! ? does badass Elle (Kristen Bell) really have an inner Girl Scout? The Dec. 3 episode of Heroes, the conclusion of the show's second volume "Generations," left us with lots of big questions. Creator and executive producer Tim Kring has the answers. And, whaddya know, he's even sharing some of them!

The fate of Nathan, who was shot during a TV press conference, and of Niki, who may have died in an abandoned building explosion, are "up in the air and will be determined when we come back after the strike," Kring says. "Things are fairly dire for them both." Immortal Adam was teleported by Hiro (Masi Oka) into a coffin buried in the same Japanese cemetery where his father Kaito (George Takei), who was slain by Adam, is also buried. "It's poetic justice to have Adam end up in the same graveyard as Kaito," Kring notes. "We've given the audience no reason to believe that Adam can figure a way to get out of there. The fact that he can live forever makes this the most gruesome of internments. If this happened to any of us, at least we'd know we'd soon have the mercy of death. Not here."

Witchy, bitchy Elle, who wound up saving the lives of Mohinder (Sendhil Ramamurthy), Maya (Dania Ramirez) and little Molly (Adair Tishler), clearly sparked when Mohinder called her a hero. "Kristen Bell gave us the perfect reaction in that scene," Kring says. "For a moment there, Elle sees she's been given an opportunity to use her powers in a good way. And she absolutely likes the sound of that word 'hero.'" Not to worry. There are plenty more baddies coming after the writers' strike concludes. In fact, the title of Volume 3 ? "Villains" ? says it all.

"We've introduced a cadre of them over the course of the show and we're going to see them rise up," Kring says. "Just as the heroes have found each other to save the world, the villains will do the same with the opposite intent." And their numbers may be legion. "The Company has catalogued many of these people over the years. There may be more of them down in that basement than we have alluded to so far."

Will Sylar (Zachary Quinto) be their ringleader? After being electro-zapped by Elle, Mister Eyebrows escaped to a back alley and skeevily injected himself with Claire's (Hayden Panettiere) blood. Then, in a wicked salute to Popeye, he telekinetically grabbed a can of spinach and said, "I'm back!"

"Sylar getting his power back does not bode well for our heroes," says Kring, who admits there is one upside to the writers' strike: Originally, Quint

14. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I thought Peter (future Peter) was the shooter, he had the same "hard man walk" that he was sporting as he walked down the corridor with Adam. Not only that, but I thought it was fairly obvious that it was Peter, and was surprised that not everyone thought that.

Anyway, I want to get one of those "I shot JR" T-shirts, score out JR and replace it with Nathan Petrelli.

15. Equal_Protection

Equal_Protection Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2004
    Did anyone else notice that the knife St. Joan is holding on the front page of the comic book is in the Primatech vault?

Time stamps from "Powerless" are 34:58 for the comic book image; 32:58 for the knife in the vault.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I didn't catch the spinach reference, very nice touch.

17. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    The more I think about it, the more Noah's return to The Company seems as out-of-character as Mohinder's. Now, Mohinder has a history of being stupid and easily duped, so I can let it slide somewhat. With all the HRG has done to escape The Company and then bring them down, I can't see how he could be persuaded to rejoin. IMO, that conversation with Bob (I assume) should've been presented onscreen.

I think we could run a Darwin Award? for this episode, with my vote going to Monica. Unless her power has some sort of time limit to how long her muscles remember abilities, then she deserved to bite it in that fire for even putting herself in that position in the first place.

Especially when she has the perfect power to ensure it never even happens by the smallest of forethought or planning. She watched all those Jet Li movies, and never once busted a move on those bangas?

What was weird to me was the way Adam was talking to Peter, implying that Caitlin would be fine if they prevented the outbreak. It didn't make any sense, although I suppose that sometime in Adam's 400 years of adventures, he might've encountered time-travelers, and found it did work that way, with Caitlin suddenly reappearing in the present (or in June '08) as soon as the timeline she was stuck in was pinched off.

I wonder if the writers intend to answer this one way or the other after the hiatus, or whether they're just going to quietly ignore her?

18. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I agree. That's why I think that wasn't HRG who went and talked to his family. I think it was an impostor of some sort. Maybe Candice is alive after all. Or maybe it's someone else. Someone with true shapeshifting powers, not illusion.

19. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Unlikely. They've showed us a nice what if? image with Bob and Elle. Noah has demonstrated he values his family first. Bob would not have hesitated to put a bullet in Claire's head if he had to. And as to the wife and son, Noah said what Bob put Elle through, anyone honestly think Bob would regret a little collateral damage? Bob clearly thinks he's doing the right thing. Unlike Noah who realized that it was wrong and that's why he didn't bring Claire in. The one thing they both have in common is their love for their family. Noah exploited Bob when he shot Elle and had the chance to shoot Bob as well. It's very likely Bob returned the favor and forced Noah to rejoin. I am hopeful though that Noah is still in CA when we resume Volume 3 and that he's not in NY walking away with a smoking gun :oops:

20. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    The press conference and assassination took place in Odessa, Texas, not New York.

Kimball Kinnison

21. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    Noah rejoining the Company seems a little off to me too. I can see how he would do anything to protect his family but....maybe it's more of I don't really understand how he and Bob would have worked out an agreement that both could trust. Why would Bob even want Noah back? Does he really trust him to do his job well anymore? Is it worth the risk to expose him to more secrets?

Maybe (if HRG did shoot Nathan), Bob is going to throw him under the bus for it, let him be sent to prison where he can't cause any more trouble for the Company but still be alive.

22. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    It seems like they forgot Peter's invisibility power. Of course I guess when you can time travel, heal yourself, microwave stuff with your hands, and shoot lightning there isn't much point.

23. Equal_Protection

Equal_Protection Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2004
    Question: Why did Peter have to use telekinesis to tear out the vault door? Why not phase through the door, get the virus, and then phase back through?

It's clear that many of the storylines were truncated or sacrificed to make this "finale" work. Too bad.

24. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    Because, if he had just phased through, Hiro and Parkman and Nathan wouldn't have arrived in time to stop Adam. Simple as that.

It's kind of like why Darth Maul, with his Snake Eyes-like combat ability, watched Obi-Wan backflip over him and cut him in half. It was part of the story.

25. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Wasn't it a police station? I thought it was the NYC station where Parkman worked? When did they indicate it was Texas?:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.