main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jek_Windu, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    I got the impression that he is a "Dead Zone" as to other powers; a sort of black hole that negates any of the heroes' powers. I like the idea that an ancillary power is the ability to syphon powers from others.

This was a very interesting episode and I am anxious to see if Nathan will actually embrace his ability to fly...the previews seem to indicate that he will.

2. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Yeah i got that impression to that he negates others powers either that or he is far more experienced in his powers that he can in addition to whatever else he can do negate powers.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    NBC is at this moment playing the last 3 episodes. I am so hooked on this show I'm just going to have to watch them again. :p

4. CJS

Feb 15, 2006
    Is Claire's father Sylar?

5. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    It's highly doubtful, considering Sylar is killing the gifted and Claire's dad is studying and then releasing them.

6. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Nah, he is definatly just a better trained psychic. Tonights made it pretty clear. I've been trying to avoid X-men parallels but look at prof. X. Any other psychic might be able to read anyone else in the room but go up against X and it would be just a blank wall because he would know the dangers in leaving it open.

I still think that Sylar is Claire's Dad. Just because the cop got away doesn't mean thats always the case. Could just be part of the end game. I guess we'll see.

Great ep. tonight. They're starting to come together and seeing Nathan going full tilt was great. NBC has made Monday a must see night for sure.

7. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Can't help but love Hiro. The way he sat at the diner when Nathan flew in and just smiled. :D :D

Interesting that Evil Glasses Dad hollowed out Brody. Yeah, it may prevent him from serial raping, but who knows? And is he just tagging all the heroes to know where they are after studying them a bit? Hell, that means Clair could have very well shown her powers years ago and daddy just erased his knowing.

Loved that Peter is able to pull Issac'a power and able to paint without using drugs,m that could very well save Issac's life, though what artist is going to want to not be able to use that gift?

I rally hate when the hour's over. [face_frustrated]

8. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Good episode last night. I loved how Nathan lifted off and went sonic after escaping Claire's dad.
    I dont think Claire's dad is Sylar, but he may know who Sylar is. And the way his assistant "Hollowed" out Brody was pretty cool.
    The stuff with Matt & his wife just seemed a little too odd for me.
    As always, Hiro & Niki were great. And Perer mimicing Issac's power proves that he doesnt need drugs.

Did anyone else notice that Claire's fathers assisitant had the same symbol on his chain that "Alter Ego" Niki had tattooed on her back last week?

9. CJS

Feb 15, 2006
    Now the question is what powers Nikki's kid has...afterall, daddy can walk through walls and nikki has a split persona.

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I have to say that this is one of the coolest shows to be on television in a long while.

11. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Ivew been meaning to stop by here and comment on this show
    I absolutely love it.

Hiro and that story is by far my favorite plot line, although the cheerleader is great too.
    Everything else is interesting too, but those are my favorites.

I loved when future Hiro showed up on the subway. What a cool thing.

I wonder what they need to save the Cheerleader from.
    Save the Cheerleader, Save the World.

12. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Watching the latest episode right now. Great stuff so far. :cool:

13. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I don't know, but I can't wait to find out.

I love how Hiro immediately embraced his gift and wants to use it for good. He's my favorite character, followed by the dude who can use other people's abilities when he is near another superhuman, or whatever they call themselves in this show.

14. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Loved the last episode. Hiro rocks.

15. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I think they've been hinting at there being something there.

Maybe some kind of super intellect, or maybe thats just a bye product of whatever the power is.

I didn't notice that about the necklace. I figured there was something about it as they made a point of it but I didn't remember the tattoo on evil Nikki.

16. CJS

Feb 15, 2006
    This show, overall, is really refreshing and I am absolutely fascinated by its mythology. It's a fun show to watch.

17. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Given the painting Peter finished I think it's Sylar. The way Claire dies in it appears to be his signature.

18. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Possibly. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

19. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I think its Sylar too cause of the way it's painted. Very similar to other victims. The question is who is Sylar. Is it Claires dad or someone else.

20. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I've been thinking he isn't really a who as much as a what.

I still think that Clarie's 'Dad' is part of it but I don't know if he is the one directly involved in the killings.

21. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm hoping Sylar is not Clair's dad. Leaves more to the imagination and another character to discover. While her dad is experimenting or at least tagging the heroes, he could almost turn out to be a not evil guy.

22. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    The way I see it is you could almost compare Claire's dad to William Stryker from X-Men.

23. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I agree. I dont think Sylar is her dad. However he may know or in someway be responsible for Sylar IMO.

24. weezer

May 16, 2001
    See I feel the exact opposite. At this point if they introduce some one else as a bad guy its a cop out. Claire's dad has been set up as the bad guy so to switch it at the end is just bad story telling IMO.

25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm wondering what it is about Claire's dad that he has control over a person with such a powerfu mental power.

The guy wh plays Hiro, I looked up the show on Wiki and found out he is a programmer and has worked on the Prequal Trilogy. What a life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.