main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jek_Windu, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Considering Ray Park was just cast as Snake-Eyes in the GI joe movie... heh.

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Well Nathan started his speech with "Most of you don't know me. I was recently elected to Congress in the state of New York..." If he was in NYC people would know who he is.

3. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    I was a tad disappointed with the finally. It was a bit anticlimactic. I think it's because the damn writer's strike caused them to end early, thus speeding up the time-line...

I'm kinda glad that they killed off or got rid of most of the newbies... The only one I've found remotely interesting so far is Adam Monroe...And I didn't even really care for him until we found out he was Adam Monroe..

D_M_S_L

4. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    What an uninspiring finale.

Also, unless they manage to turn Maya into something (and I'm honestly a bit surprised they brought her back), this episode pretty much confirms that almost everything about this last season was absolutely irrelevant. I'm really wondering what the point was.

And the next season, we get to do the Sylar thing again? When he hasn't changed at all?

At least they seem to have written off Nikki in a pretty definitive manner. But ditching Kensei so fast is a criminal waste, unless they're planning to bring him back, which is going to start to get tiresome if they keep doing it.

I'm not sure I'll be back next season.

-Paul

5. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    That finale was not what I was expecting. At all. And what a chump way to take out Kensei/Adam.

6. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I thought it was rather poetic, trapped in the same graveyard that Kaito Nakamura is buried in.

Although, one thing that keeps bugging. Peter goes on mad quest and listens to an evil man to save the one he loves, then just stands waits around for Nathan to have a press conference. Are we ever going to see Caitlin again?

7. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    I don't really think the show is working with a coherent, consistent time travel model. Season 1 showed that the future can be changed (and, I guess, Season 2 did as well, unless there's some twist whereby the virus gets released anyway), but Hiro's foray into ancient Japan seemed to work more as a loop, for the Company and Adam, and the Kensei legends too, existed before Hiro ever went back and made Kensei what he was. I don't know that there's any internal consistency unless it's that the time traveler is explicitly only traveling into possible futures, so that the whole timeline becomes centered around the point where he's "supposed" to be. If this is the case, I think it would be really interesting to see Peter slowly realizing and having to deal with the fact that, in saving the world, he has obliterated Caitlin, made her completely cease to exist, wiped her out. Otherwise, not sure exactly what they'll do.

-Paul

8. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    [face_laugh]

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Considering this was a finale pasted together quickly and not what was originaly envisioned, I didn't see it as bad as it could have been.

I'm not sure that 'that' Noah was the real Noah who came home. Of course, I still don't get with all he's tried to do to the company why they'd keep him alive in the first place?

Hiro's resolution to Adam was a shock to me, but I have to say the irony of it grew on me. Of course, it's a good way for him to eventually come back.

I had really hoped they would just kill Sylar. The constant comic bookish villian gets away feel cheap to me, as will Nathan getting a transfusion to save his life will if it happens. And I do love Nathan.

Have to admit, I laughed when Sylar shot Maya. In the ironic, what the hell did you think he would do way. Gave a :rolleyes: when they brought her back.

10. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Although I love the series (both of them) the massive deus ex machina that the blood has turned out to be is turning the show sour. When any character is brought back from the dead in any story, it automatically creates a Get Out of Jail Free Card: all subsequent deaths are diminished by the fact that a method of resurrection exists in this world.

Yes, it would be terrible if they hadn't brought back Noah, and if Nathan remains dead, but the effect diminishes every time. What jepoardy is there for characters who can be brought back to life so easily?

On the plus side, the Popeye ref was wonderfully cheesy!

11. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Kwenn - Definitely agree about the blood! I thought for a while that it was going to turn out that the blood was somehow involved in producing the virus, and that spreading the blood around like crazy was going to be what got it going. That would have been an interesting turn; what they gave us was pretty yawn. I still do hope that using the blood has some significant consequences. You shouldn't be able to use something like that lightly.

-Paul

12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Sylar shooting Maya had me LOLing.

13. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    found this on the heroeswiki.

does anyone know what this refers to?

-doodie

edit: just thought/remembered, in the future episode, sylar killed nathan and became president.

14. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Hey guys, I just recieved season 1 for my birthday and have watched every episode, and my friend is suggesting that I begin watching season 2 as the new episodes return. I don't want to be deprived of any ''experience'', so should I stick it out till season 2 comes out on DVD and begin watching season 3, or should I skip volume 2 and begin watching the new episodes while my friend fills me in?

15. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    Watch the DVDs first, then watch the reruns of Season 2 as they're aired (in order, of course).

Season 2 isn't really over. It was originally supposed to be made up of Volume 2 ("Generations") and Volume 3 ("Villains"), but because of the writers' strike, only Volume 2 was written and aired. If and when the strike ends, Volume 3 (which is really just the second half of Season 2) will go into production.

Capice?

16. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I think at this point, even if the strike ended today, Volume 3 wouldn't start airing until the fall of 2008.

17. Equal_Protection

Equal_Protection Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2004
    I think that's probably true.

18. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Personally, I'm really sad to see Adam go. I thought as a villain, he had more depth than Sylar. Sylar is cool, but I thought Adam was a much better character. They could've did so much more with him and developed him into a bigger threat. But now, he's gone and we're left with Sylar[face_frustrated] .

19. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Honestly, I don't expect Adam to stay buried for very long...

20. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Definately. The whole buildup with "cutting off his head's the only way to kill him" means Adam with his head very much still in place remains a threat. Besides, if Uma Thurman can get out of it, so can Kensei.

21. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    I've got a rather sick idea here. What if Sylar realized that Kaito had a power he simply couldn't live without, and exhumed the body. In a twist, though, he accidentally exhumes Adam instead, releasing him again.

I'm sure that after weeks, or even months, underground, Adam will look rather gross - almost zombified, probably. Once he gets some air, however, his body should begin to repair itself. I don't know if it would be as instantaneous as usual, but it would be slow enough to let us see how messed up he was after being buried alive.

[face_worried]

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

He will be if this strike never ends!

23. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    When you saw Adam in the coffin, he kept on shouting 'CARP!' near the end. Can anyone tell me what that could possibly mean, or is just gibberish?

24. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I believe that was what he called Hiro for a time.

25. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Apparently Kring has shown footage of episode 12 and 13. I must say it seems to be looking good.

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/49/25349.php

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.