main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jek_Windu, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, he mentioned that in one of the latest issues of TV Guide. Guess he won't be looking to GL for work anytime soon if Heroes continues the way it does.

2. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Oh i thought so too. How he uses mutants for his own experiments and studies. Exactly like Stryker.

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That's pretty awesome.

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I see him more like Graydon Creed than Stryker. In the comics, Stryker was a reverend who belived that God wanted him to wipe out mutants. Creed was more personal because his parents are mutants (Sabretooth and Mystique). But, until we learn Claire's Dad's true motivations we can't be sure.

5. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Am I the only one who wasn't surprised that it was Nikki who set up her husband and killed the gamblers, or that Eden is an agent?

I was watching with the subtitles on, and I noticed that the identifiyer for Claire's dad is H.R.G. [face_laugh]

Given what the Bio-father said at the end, do you think that they are agents? I'm not sure, but H.R.G's response to that seemed fairly militaristic, rather than the common politeness you'd expect.

I had a sword:D. FTW!

6. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Nope.

7. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Hiro was the best, as always.

And I don't know if I'm just pointing out the obvious, but does anybody else think Nikki is dead?

8. Rouge Null

Apr 24, 2000
    No, I don't think Nikki's dead. It kind of defeats the purpose of creating such a massive powerhouse if you're just going to kill it.

Did anyone else notice who it was on the cover of 9th Wonder? I wonder why Micah hasn't seen the connection yet.

9. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I guess I wasn't paying enough attention at that part. Who was it again?

10. Rouge Null

Apr 24, 2000
    I think it was evil Nikki. The character was female, had blond hair, and was in one of those evil laugh poses.

11. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Its the spoiler thread. Don't need the HLTR.

Arrg. My DVR cut off right at the end. What happens right after Eden shows up at Issac's appartment. I got the first part where she asks if he is Issac but thats about it.

12. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    "can I come in, I'm a fan of your art"

Anyway it was the weakest episode so far. Good to see Mazinger Z making another appearance :p

13. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Good, I didn't miss much.

I actually agree that it was the weakest so far. It was still pretty darn good in the end though.

14. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Good episode, not the best however. Nor the worse. I figured early on Eden was a spy. She was too helpful. Also the stuff with Claires" Bio Parents" seemed from the beging was a hoax.
    Again Hiro was the best in last nights episode. However the best scene was the end when DL & Niki had their fight. The way he put his hand through her was great.

15. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Thats kind of the way I felt too.

The three "revelations" from the episode were fairly transparent. You knew that there was more to Eden, you knew that the "bio-parrents" weren't for real, and you knew that Nikki was the girl that framed DL.

Thats not to say that it still wasn't good. DL and Nikki's fight was great. Hiro's revelation that even as a hero he still has a way to go (but he might get a "do over") was good too. I think we got are best evidence yet that Claire's dad is the big bad.

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Fun episode as usual.

I was disappointed that it wasn't Klair's real parents. I'm still not sure what her dad is playing at with her. Sometimes he seems sincerely fatherly and other time... just creepified.

Love the end where she now knows he knows. Makes for a very interesting future.

Not surprised that Eden is in with Klair's dad.

I do want to know what's up with alterego Nikki. Exactly why did she set up her hubby that way? I agree about a very fun fight. [face_beatup]

Hiro is very much the heart and conscience of the group. I felt so bad for him feeling bad about not saving the gamblers. [:D]

17. Rouge Null

Apr 24, 2000
    Hiro's revelation that even as a hero he still has a way to go (but he might get a "do over") was good too.

Hiro's not going to get a do-over, for two reasons. One, it would cause a rift. Two, this is his Uncle Ben.

18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Right.

It was his "uncle Ben" which is why it was an important part of his journey.

19. shiningstars

shiningstars Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2002
    I still don't think HRG is evil because he looked genuinely worried when Eden told him about saving the cheerleader...but he is obviously up to something - what is he doing to all the heroes? Why does he abduct them? Is he going to take Issac next?

And why did mirror Nikki frame DL ?

I thought the episode was weak too but the look in Hiro's eyes when Ando tells him you had a sword was precious! I had a sword :D

Next weeks preview looks cool though! Hiro meets(and saves ?) DL/Micah ?!

I think he has...didn't he tell his father how his mother also has a secret?
    I wonder what power Micah will have?

20. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    indeed..

21. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    That could easily be a look of "Oh no! My plans will be ruined!"

22. shiningstars

shiningstars Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2002
    why did he erase the quarterback's memory then? That looked like a dad thing to do. I think they want us to think he is the bad guy but he might not be...

23. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i'm sort of starting to hope Claire's dad is in fact a good guy. he's starting to be an interesting character for me.

24. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Thats kind of how I saw it.

It wasn't "Oh no, there is someone thats going to hurt my daughter" it was "oh no some one is going to save my daughter and blow all that I've worked for"
    I think its far to late at this point. They've blow right by red herring by now. To introduce another villain at this point and try and play off all of HRG's comments and actions as being misinterpreted or what not just wouldn't work IMO. I also don't really see it as that "complex" of a show. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but at the same time it seems to be a what you see is what you get thing. HRG guy is the big bad.

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I disagree. We all know there's Sylar running around and he, it seems to be a he, and I dont' see it being Mr. Bennet (Clair's dad). So we've already got a big bad guy, it's just to to depend on what Mr Bennet's interst in the Heroes is.

The fact he's taking people's memories of things (namely those Heroes he snatches up) doesn't lead me to think he's all the nefarious.

Who knows what who is. That's just the way I like it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.