main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jek_Windu, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I figured he was tracking as well.

Also knew Sylar was in the resaurant for the girl, not Hiro. They kept showing him watching Hiro too often and I knew that was meant to throw us off track.

Hiro is just the cutest and sweetest guy. How can one not love his childlike enthusiam. Kinda sad though, we know he's going to eventually lose that. :( :(

I'm so hoping that he's able to chance the waitress's future, though just because he tells her not to go to work means nothing as Sylar can find her at home just as easy.

Exciting episode.

2. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Good episode last night. We finaly get to see the real side of Claire's dad. Hes not evil, but he does have his motives for traking those with powers.
    Hiros going back in time raises some questions about the waitress. Does he save her? Dores she accompany them on their trip?

Next weeks looks awesome.

Why do I have this feeling that next week is when we see all of them in one place?

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    All heros have to mature sometime. It'll be sad to see that Hiro go, but I can't wait to see more of time-traveling ninja Hiro.:D

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey all, this is my first time posting here! I'm hooked on Heroes!
    Anyway, I was wondering if anyone caught the name of the Indian boy with the soccer ball. His file was in the locked drawer of Mohinder's dad. My wife swears his name was Sylar (or some modification of the spelling of that name).

On a separate note, I was on my way to my office on Saturday (to work overtime), and passed by this vacant bank building here in Downtown LA that I recognized as a location where they filmed Heroes, and lo-and-behold, it was plastered with posters and props saying "Nathan Patrelli for Congress" with his picture and everything.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That was Mohinder's(bad spelling) dead sister. I forgot her name though.

6. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    The best part about this episode was that there were no Jessica/Nikki storylines. Those are the absolute worst story arcs going on in this show right now. They're entirely boring. [face_tired]

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    watching the episode right now. so far so good. from the way everyone has been talking it seems HRG isn't going to be bad after all as far as we know. which makes me happy because him and the mind reading cop are my favorite characters

8. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    UGH..anyone else record the episodes on a DVR? For the last 2 weeks now, the recordings have cut out the last 1-2 minutes of the show. It wasn't happening before. Maybe I should just start recording them on Sci-Fi again.

9. CJS

Feb 15, 2006
    Just watch them online...easiest way to do it.

10. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    I'm glad this cheerleader painting is going to be coming to a head next week. This show is building a lot of complexity without dragging things out. Keeping a good pace.

Also, I'm rather tired of "Save the cheerleader, save the world" whispered dramatically on the ads all the time. As far as taglines go, it ain't exactly "The Truth is Out There", if you catch my drift. :p

I knew the waitress with Bart Allen memory was going to die, but I was hoping to the end she wouldn't. She was... sweet.

11. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    Yes, but seeing as how I have kids, and I stay home with my youngest(oldest is in school) it isn't always possible to sit at the computer for an hour at a stretch. I realize I can pause it, but that's a pain.

I did end up watching the last 2 minutes online though. I originally missed the picture of Hiro with the diner girl.

12. CJS

Feb 15, 2006
    Hopefully, this show will resolve the Cheerleader tag line/story arc soon and then develop a second half story arc that can be resolved. That way we don't have the same problems LOST is facing right now, i.e., being crushed under the weight of its own mythology. Keep it simple. Keep it fast paced. My heart was pounding and I got chills when I saw the preview for next week's episode. It looks brilliant.

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    All heros have to mature sometime. It'll be sad to see that Hiro go, but I can't wait to see more of time-traveling ninja Hiro.

I agree.

Newly Heroed Hiro = cute & cuddly

Ninja Hiro = hawt! ;)

JediRacer, I would so abscond with one of those posters if possible!! :D :D

I'm very much looking forward to next week's as well. It's fun as there are anumber of people at work and Tues/Wed we have big discussions during lunch. We've managed to interest others as well into watching. :D :D

14. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Indeed, Oh who would of guessed that.:p

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The latest TV Guide had a feature with Hayden Pentierre with a picture from next week's episode that shows Claire and Peter looking at something and Claire having this horrified look with blood in her hair and on her uniform.

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    any chance of some scans of them?

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    They'll have to come from somebody other than me. I do not currently possess a scanner.[face_plain]

18. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Off-topic, what IS IT with giving girls, boys names?

19. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I agree because alot of shows do that where they lost that spark of what made them great in the firstplace. It's all about the writing and keeping it fresh but still intact with the main focus of the heroes.

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Monday, Moday, Monday. :D :D

Only I've got to dropped my daughter at the bus station at 8. I'll have to tape it and watch when I get home.

I'm now worried something will happen and I won't have it taped. :p

21. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I've got it set to TivO. I thought last week's was good. I think they all are. But compared to others, I'd say it was kind of forgettable. More of a setup for this week's events.

22. Walken

Walken Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2004
    Simply awesome ep tonight, I can't wait for next week.

23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Very cool.

I didn't expect any really big revelations. Have to admit wanted to see more Hiro, but this arc with Peter was very cool. As soon as he ran into Clair, I had no concern for him and the painting. He's gotten her powers at that moment and then with his tussel with Sylar, it was even footing.

I am incredibly pissed at Nathan for his attempt to destroy the painting, or his brother's desire to help. Somehow, unlike feeling HRG's wanted to save his daughter, I don't get quite the same brotherly love from Nathan. Much more a very selfish angle, though I can still be wrong.

I love how they set up that witchy cheerleader for death. We all knew she was who Sylar would go after first and since they colored her so self absorbed, it was hard to feel all that bad. Okay, maybe just a smidge.

Catching Sylar looked damn easy and I had wondered why it took them so long, though I suppose it was a matter of knowing 'where' he would be at a given time. I'm interested to see what they do with him. o_O

Nikki/Jessica arc, not so interesting.

All in all, an enjoyable episode. :D :D

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah I really like the girl with the power to suggest. She might be the most powerful one yet to just manipulate Sylar like that.

25. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    And there's Memory guy. I wonder who's playing Sylar. Did anyone catch that from the preview?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.