main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jek_Windu, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm sure I'm wrong, but from the partial view of Sylar's face I think it's Boone from Lost.

As for the Hiro storyline, I'm not sure how much we'll get until they catch up to now. Most of the time Hiro will spend in the past will be consumed with learning English and preparing for now.

2. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Very good episode last night. I was glued to my set for the last 15 minutes. I kinda figured that Eden (think thats her name) had some sort of power from last weeks episode with Issac. I guess her powers are Empathitc, kind of like the Purple Man form Marvel Comics. When Peter showed up at the HS and read the newspaper clipping was when I figured out Sylar was there to kill the other Cheerleader. Ando should have accompanied Peter to the HS. I loved the look on Claires face when she realized Peter had her power. As for Hiro, not enough of him in the show last night, but I agree that next weeks episode will show us more of him learning English. I also have to agree that the Niki/DL story went no where last night.

Ohh I think I read this on 9th wonders, dont remember, but Geroge Takei, Mr. Sulu from Star Trek has been cast to play Hiro's dad for an episode to air early in 2007 & Christopher Ecleson, The 9th Dr. Who has been cast in a guest role as well.

3. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Looks like I was wrong.

4. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    This episode was a let down for me. While there were a few good, and one great, thing about the episode, overall it came off as over-hyped without sufficient pay-off.

The one great thing was Claire recognizing and accepting who she is and that it is okay for her to be different. This is especially driven home when the nerds and geeks all vote her in as homecoming queen. Then as she realizes what a good friend the gay kid (don't remember his name) has been, it hits home that she is who she is and she can be happy that way.

The entirety of Mohinder's story arc in India was a complete waste of time. I get that he has a role to play in this story but it seems to be a weak story arc.

The DL/Micah/Jessica/Nikki story is equally mundane. There's no interest in Ali Larter's characters from me. Perhaps it's because I don't see how they fit in to the overall arc of New York going nuclear but I cringe whenever DMJN are on screen in any capacity.

Furthermore...not enough HIRO. I half expected him to show up at the High School during Peter's showdown with Sylar but something must have happened. I guess we'll be getting an entire episode centered around Hiro's adventures in the past. Perhaps during his trip to save the waitress he creates a rift in time. His comments to Peter in the subway hint at rifts not being a good thing.

Anyway...overall a mediocre episode...with the exception of Jackie getting jacked. Which of course makes me wonder whether Peter saved the right cheerleader. Perhaps saving Jackie was the key to saving the world...[face_thinking]

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Perhaps. Though Isaac's paintings and everything else suggest otherwise. But it could be. Though how Jackie's death could lead to the apocalypse is beyond me. I personally think the world is better off ;)

6. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    wow
    peters the parasite! kinda cool.
    he saved clair, so now im thinking she is needed to stop
    nuclear(?)guy that escaped matt the cop. maybe...
    his bro nathan is getting to be annoying...dude you can fly! go with it!

caught sylar! yay! hes got some 'intresting' powers.

i dont think DL got shot, think the bullet fazed through him.
    but i am wondering where their story is going to tie into the larger one...

missed hiro. but if he went back 6 months, does that mean theres 2 hiro's?
    dam time travel is TRICKY
    hiro NOW(even tho its then)is in texas & hiro THEN is still at home in japan:confused:

and mohinder make a choice AND STICK WITH IT

7. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006

hello! whilst i was in America i got hooked on this program. but now i'm back in the UK and it's not being shown here!:_|

does anyone know where i can wach/download episodes 6 to present online?

thx
    -doodie

8. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    YAY! We have a Sylar.

And he's kinda cute.

Someone mentioned Christopher Eccleston, I am now even more entrieged about this show than I have been previously.

PLEASE COME TO ENGLAND!!!

9. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006

hey Twinky_Stryder, your profile says you're from the UK. how do you wach Heroes? is it on a channel that i dont know about?
    -doodie

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It's Sunday. One more day, one more day, one more...

Not that I'm anxious or anything. :p :p

11. Nethrin

Nethrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    I cant wait for the next episode! I want to see more on the clare and peter in the next episode. I dont know about Hiro, he kinda gets on my nerves. I think its the look on his face when he uses his powers. Maybe when he masters them he will look more "normal" when useing his powers.

Cant wait!

:_|:_|:_|

12. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    If you see my last post I'm begging for the show to please come to England. I've just read bits about it.

Maybe channel4 can have it, as they've just lost LOST to SkyOne.

13. Nethrin

Nethrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2006

Here you go

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Wasn't expecting much being a look at how things first started, but wow.

I even found myself feeling sympathy for Nathan. And poor Hiro, he's so intent on doing what's right and can't save even those he loves. I had hoped right along with him.

Isn't Sylar just a little bad of nuts! 8-} He showed his freaky side pretty quick so I had no good thought for him.

Fascinating twists, pretty much showing a different face to all we know, those Clair's dad is still the same and he has his memory stealing/power negating friend with him already.

Excellent show and I growled aloud with the last show til the new year! [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated]

15. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Fantastic episode. I wonder how Sylar got the powers from the other guy - similar powers to Peter?

16. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Except he seems to keep them permanently.

17. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Hmmm, maybe Peter could too if he killed them and ate their brains (or whatever Sylar does with them).

As for the preview - I think Issac is the one to go. His storyline involved bringing the others together - now that they've started to run into each other, he won't be necessary any longer. Plus, he can't see the future without the drugs (at least at this point), and he wants to get clean - so he might quit the 'hero' thing anyways....But I wouldn't mind being wrong because he's hot.

I'd like to see Mohinder go myself, though I don't know if he counts as a 'hero' - he's just boring IMHO.

18. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    great, great episode. this may have been the best of the season. have you ever seen two straight episodes of a show end with basically the same stuff?

a lesser show would have had charlie survive, probably thanks to some cliche plot development.

heroes repeatedly goes off the beaten path and into less traveled territory.

how many people guessed that sylar's powers weren't even his to begin with, or that he would be an ordinary watchmaker?

and so on.

19. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    man Hiro cant catch a break!

and nathan *** is with bailing out of the car!?!

one more til next year? hope it really great episode (that begins to bring them altogether

20. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Yes, I think, but none of them was handled this well :p
    Hmm, letting Charlie survive would create more problems. It would mean Hiro can change destiny at his own will. What's stopping him from going to the past and stopping Sylar? Now we know his powers have some limitations.

About Sylar; he seems like a cliche villain but at the same time he doesn't. I really like it how he looked like Clark Kent :p

21. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I don't see Nathan as bailing on purpose. It looked to be a totally unconscious effort on his part. He sees what's about to happen and survival kicked in, his powers kicked in and up he goes.

No wonder he isn't happy with his abilities. Makes alot of sense being so filled with guilt as they wre after him.

I agree. Another reason I love the show is to be surprised by where they go with it.

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Yeah, Nathan didn't bail on purpose. For some reason, I don't think Hiro's friend is gonna make it much longer. The espisode was pretty good overall. Sylar's ability is pretty awesome, but he's a nutjob. I wonder when Mohinder is gonna come back and I wonder if he is gonna have some hidden power. I would like to see him stay normal, but play the Prof. X role for the Heroes.

23. shiningstars

shiningstars Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2002
    Sylar is so evil! Someone at the heroes forum said that the brains were kept in his house in glass boxes - when Mohinder and Eden had gone there before...so he must not be eating them (hopefully) *yuck* I think his abilities are to figure out how the "hero's" power works since he was a clock repairer. Kind of like Micah's power's, eh?

And I love Hiro! I felt bad that he couldn't save Charlie despite having the ability to time-travel/teleport

From the previews it looks like someone (a hero) is going to die! :( and the next one is going the last episode before the new year!!! :_|

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm still lost with this Jessica/Nicole storyline. Frankly I'd be happy if she died so I wouldn't be confused. But if a hero bites it, my guess is she shoots her husband. Or Isaac or the cop die. But then why was there a need for the cop at all if that happened. I think we can assume Hiro, Peter and Claire are safe. Nathan is the only one to fly so I think he's safe as well. Nicky's story is too confusing to just kill her so likely she survives.

25. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'm putting my money on Nathan or Nikki to die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.