main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Risen Out of Dreams- JA AU (Author's Apology 12/27)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KenobisGirl, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Risen Out of Dreams

Author: KenobisGirl

Rating: PG to PG-13

Summary: A small vacation turns dangerous for Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Who can save them this time?

Timeframe: Obi is 14

Archive: If you really want this you can have it, but e-mail me at jediashley1@hotmail.com first.

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the Georgie?s characters. Any characters you do not recognize are mine. I am not making any money off this.

Author?s note: OK, I am trying to write a fiction again. I am going to try really hard with this one. It actually has a plot! ::Gasp:: I also know how the story is going to go before hand! Isn?t that lovely? ;) This is a super-short post, so just consider it a prologue, even though it isn?t.

Post 1

Obi-Wan Kenobi trekked through the dense forest of the small planet Reso, following his venerable Jedi Master, Qui-Gon Jinn. His Master had suggested this ?vacation? after a grueling series of missions. Obi-Wan did not quite agree with Qui-Gon?s choice of a vacation planet. Reso was full of bugs that bit and it was very muddy. His Master liked it because there were many plants, perfect for his strong connection to the Living Force.

Obi-Wan was not very adept in the Living Force. He was more in tune with the Unifying Force. He always had visions and feelings of danger. Qui-Gon never really paid much attention to Obi-Wan?s warnings and visions, which frustrated the young Jedi. Sometimes he ached for a bit of attention.

Right now though, all he wanted was relief from the bedeviling pests, which for some odd reason liked him a lot.

?Master, can we set up camp here? Maybe we can start a fire or something,? said Obi-Wan, swatting away flies. ?The smoke will drive these stupid things away!?

?Padawan, it isn?t even dark yet. You can wait. The flies aren?t bothering me.? Qui-Gon answered, trying not to laugh.

?Master, it?s not funny! I really want to stop!? Obi-Wan whined.

?Obi-Wan, we?ll stop in a few hours. There are still a few good hours of hiking left before the sun goes down,? said Qui-Gon, amused at the fourteen year-0ld's behavior.

?Wonderful,? Obi-Wan grumbled.

Obi-Wan was thoroughly relieved when the bugs decided to move onto a more enticing target. Qui-Gon was also relieved. No more whining from his Padawan! Qui-Gon was also surprised that Obi-Wan had not mentioned anything about the mission doomed to end disastrous.

That was definitely a first!

Glancing over at the sullen boy, he realized that Obi-Wan looked tired and hungry.

Nice going, Jinn. Starving your own Padawan! Yoda would whack you with his stick! Qui-Gon thought to himself, chuckling a bit. He could see it now? Yoda chasing him around the Temple gardens yelling, ?Starve your Padawan, you will not!?

Qui-Gon shook himself out of the humorous reverie.

?Obi-Wan, we are stopping now.?

The effect was immediate. A grin came across the boy?s face and he threw his pack to the ground. He began unpacking.

?Sooo, Master, what?s for dinner??

Obi-Wan sat in his tent, meditating. He was having a hard time concentrating. He had his familiar ?bad feeling," which always ended him in the middle of a lecture to ?focus on the here and now."

Obi-Wan sighed. He was not going to tell Qui-Gon about the feeling this time. He was tired of lectures. If something bad happened, it would not be his fault.

?Obi-Wan, would you like to watch the sunset with me?? Qui-Gon asked from outside the tent, ?The sunsets on this planet are said to be spectacular.?

?Sure, Master,? Obi-Wan answered, coming out of his tent.

The sunset was indeed beautiful. The colors of red, pink, gold, and yellow streaked the sky and melted together, creating a dazzling rainbow of colors across the orange sky. Both Jedi were silent.

Obi-Wan, who was completely exhausted, didn?t pay much attention to the scene. He kept nodding off.

In all of Qui-Gon?s wanderings about the galaxy, this sight almost topped his list.

After the s

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Wow- I get the first response! It looks good. Keep going :)

3. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow... That was fast! Thanks, PadawanKitara!

KG :cool:

4. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Uppy! Please please please please, come and read!!!! ;)

5. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    I came, I read, I want more.....

;) ;) :D ;) ;)

JediCandy

6. Trigger292

Trigger292 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    Cool story!! hope u continue soon :)

7. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Just found this. It looks really interesting. I like how Obi is afraid to tell Qui of his 'feelings' because he may not take him seriously.

I have a feeling he is going to learn to take them seriously though :)

I look forward to more.

8. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Yay! Thank you all sooo much! This story is going to be much better than my last two... Ugh...

Anyway, thanks again! :D

9. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    I got a good feeling about this one so keep posting I will definatly keep reading.

Felicia Z.

10. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Hee hee! Sounds good so far KG :D Looking forward to more :)

11. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Just one word:

MORE!!!

Get my meaning? [face_mischief]

12. Erin-Starlight

Erin-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    More please !

13. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    More to come after I get home from school and finish my homework! Hi there, new readers! :D

14. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Sorry this is so short, but hey, it's longer than the last one, and it was a good place to stop. Thanks for the comments!

Post 2

Qui-Gon Jinn was startled awake. He heard noises outside, like the scurrying of feet, or the whispers of unknown shadows lurking in the dark. When he peeked out of the small flap on his tent, he could see nothing. The strangest thing was that he couldn?t sense anything. It was almost as if someone had grasped the Force and had flung it away. Qui-Gon had thought that harnessing the Force to that magnitude was impossible. Tonight proved that it wasn?t.
    He wondered if his Padawan had noticed the feeling.

?Padawan?? He whispered, being cautious in case there was really something out there.

?Master, I can?t feel the Force!? His Padawan sounded panicked. Just then, a large explosion noise startled both Jedi into action. Both jumped from their tents simultaneously, lightsabers drawn. Powerful pillars of blue and green. The explosion, they saw, had been caused by a group of natives, who were now standing around them, bows drawn back.

The head of the group, a burly man with a wild, multi-colored mohawk, spoke:

?Surrender, spies,? he hissed, his tone full of malice, ?Resist and you die.?

Both Jedi looked at each other warily, and with a minute nod of the elder Jedi?s head, both put down their weapons.

Before they could react, a native scooped up the ?sabers, and blow darts and arrows whistled past them. Obi-Wan, being more concerned with the sharp arrows that were whooshing past his head, did not notice a blow dart heading straight for him.

?Padawan!? Qui-Gon rushed to protect Obi-Wan. He pushed him aside just in time, but was struck in the shoulder by a blow dart. He slumped to the ground, unconscious, leaving Obi-Wan with no help or protection.

?Mas-,? Obi-Wan yelled, but his voice and his breath left him as he felt a sharp pain just below his ribs. He sank to his knees as he realized that an arrow had pierced his midsection: a serious wound. He tried to call on the Force, not remembering that it was being restrained. The Force slipped past him, making him gasp. He felt himself being carried away by rough hands. In minutes, he joined his Master in oblivion.

Qui-Gon awoke in a small cell hours later. He felt groggy and light-headed.

Stun-dart, he surmised.

His mind rewound to the last moments he remembered. He closed his eyes and recollected those moments that seemed so long ago: his Padawan, standing there, about to be struck by a dart that might have been poisoned. He remembered pushing him away, and... with a gasp, Qui-Gon sat up and looked around the cell frantically. There, in the corner, was a small figure. The Master crawled over to the decumbent form of Obi-Wan, scared of what he may find. Was he dead? Was he gravely injured?

Obi-Wan?s cloak was stained red with blood and Qui-Gon gently checked for an injury. He found an arrow wound in his Padawan?s abdomen. Worry filled his mind and he felt himself begin to panic. Without the Force, Obi-Wan was as good as dead.

A few deep breaths calmed the Jedi Master somewhat. After he was more composed, he gently probed Obi-Wan?s wound. With that light contact, and even in his unconscious state, Obi-Wan gave an involuntary hiss and tried to jerk away from the touch. Qui-Gon tore a strip of cloth from his robe to try to stop the bleeding. He tore another strip off his cloak and wrapped it around Obi-Wan?s wound. When he was finished, he covered the boy with his cloak and sat next to him, holding his hand.

Pain. White-hot pain that spread from his stomach to his chest. Obi-Wan longed to go back to sleep; sleep offered a respite from the agony he was in. He groaned as he struggled to open his eyelids. Opening his eyes had never been such a chore. He felt someone grasp his hand and murmur soothing tones. He squeezed the person?s hand as best he could and held on tightly, as if he was a child afraid of the dark.

Obi-Wan finally managed

15. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
  16. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Ahh... relaxing... Obi angst... torture... drama... happy. :) Can't wait to see what happens next!! ^_^

17. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    An obi-injury is always liked and welcomed by me (god I'm sadistic). I can't wait to see what happens next there are many question to be answered.

Felicia Z.

18. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi torture,QGJ angst,no force to help!!!Boy this is gonna be good.Do I sound sick!?!? Not that I would want this to happen to anyone in the real world,but hey anything is fair game in FF cause you excellent writers can fix anything.PEACE Ewen

19. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    OH MY! :eek: No force? What on earth is causing that?

Didn't they do any research into the natives inhabiting the planet they were visiting?

And why did they shoot Qui with a stun dart and Obi with a real one?

WHAT DO THESE PEOPLE WANT!

Sorry, too many questions. I need another postie for some answers, please :)

20. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Shanobi- Too many questions? Want them answered now? Well, TOO BAD! Muahaha! ;) Wait, I can answer one. The weirdo natives were shooting both arrows and darts... Obi just... happened to be in the way! [face_devil] ;)

Ewen- Don't worry about being a sick puppy or kitten... I take pride in being a sicko! [face_devil]

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

*Presses play again on the new trailer* Gosh, I just love downloading these! *Drools* Obi......

Ahem... More tomorrow! :D

21. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Obi torture, Qui angst, villainous natives, a dingy cell... what more could a reader ask for? Mush maybe... will there be mush? ;)

22. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow! Two pages already? By the Force, that is cool! See ya after school, everyone! :D

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Is it after school yet.maybe you are busy with homework,in that case I will be patient.Waiting!!!PEACE Ewen

24. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long! My computer was infected by a bad virus and I couldn't do anything with it. My dad finally fixed it, so here I am! More to come shortly! :D

25. Erin-Starlight

Erin-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.