main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Risen Out of Dreams- JA AU (Author's Apology 12/27)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KenobisGirl, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Yaaaaay! MY COMPUTER IS ALIVE! YAY! The good thing about my absense? I wrote lots! Here ya go! :D :D :) :) ;) ;)

Vito slammed his gloved fist onto his marble desk. His eyes were full of rage. A very groggy Volu stood swaying in front of him, looking terrified.

?You let them get away?!? Vito snarled, grabbing a hold of the cuff of Volu?s suit. ?I cannot believe you!?

Volu gulped and tried not to squirm under the boss?s fierce gaze.

?M..m..my Lord, I was stunned! The beam came out of nowhere!?

?I don?t care! Any strong man would have been able to resist the stun! It appears that I need a stronger advisor.?

?No, my lord!? cried Volu as he was dropped from Vito?s fist. ?Please, it won?t happen again! I?ll find them for you!?

Vito stared at Volu as he begged for mercy. He considered the weak man?s offer.

?Fine. If you can bring the Jedi back to me within five hours, I will spare your life and your position. I suggest you go now. The clock is ticking!?

Volu stood up as fast as his still-wobbly legs would let him. He gave Vito a quick bow, then dashed from the room, tripping on his own feet as he went.

When Obi-Wan Kenobi opened his eyes nearly three days after his rescue, his Master was over-joyed. The Padawan in question, however, wasn?t so happy. He was so tired he could barely keep his eyelids from drooping over glazed eyes. His Master sat next to him, gripping his hand tightly.

?Are you hungry, Obi-Wan? Qui-Gon asked, trying to keep the young Jedi awake by talking to him.

Obi-Wan gave a small nod. As tired as he was, he was still starving. A women moved to his bedside with a steaming bowl of soup.

?Hello, young one. How do you feel?? Ahna asked kindly, setting the bowl of soup on a small table.

?Okay, I guess,? Obi-Wan croaked out, his parched throat protesting the treatment it was receiving.

Ahna smiled. ?Then, let?s get some food into you, shall we??

The Padawan nodded, then winced as Qui-Gon helped him sit up. Obi-Wan leaned back against the pillows. Ahna handed Qui-Gon the bowl of soup, then went back into the kitchen to prepare a meal for the adults.

?Master! I can feed myself!? Obi-Wan protested as Qui-Gon tried spooning the soup into his mouth.

?Padawan, you almost died. I bet that if I let you eat by yourself, you would be too weak to hold the bowl. We wouldn?t want Ahna to have to clean up a mess, now would we??

Obi-Wan frowned and crossed his arms, but grimaced as he put pressure on the still-painful wound. He quickly moved his arms.

?How did we get here?? he asked, suddenly curious.

?After you went into shock, Vito?s assistant came to take us to the confinement camps. On the way there, our news friends, Ahna and Kenri, stunned the assistant and brought us here,? Qui-Gon explained.

Obi-Wan nodded and closed his eyes.

?Master, I?m not hungry anymore.?

Qui-Gon looked at Obi-Wan worriedly.

?Are you sure? I really think you should eat something.?

?No, Master. I?m really tired,? said Obi-Wan. He opened his eyes slightly.

?Well, if you?re sure,? the Master said hesitantly, then helped Obi-Wan lie down. He tucked him into the warm bed. Obi-Wan was asleep as soon as he was under the blankets. Qui-Gon gave the young Jedi?s ginger hair an affectionate ruffle, then stood up and moved into the kitchen to help Ahna.

Jedi Councilor Mace Windu paced his roomy quarters, comlink in hand. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had been sent on a vacation to an uninhabited planet millions of light years away. Qui-Gon had said they would be gone for a few weeks and would not like to be bothered, but the Councilor, knowing the Jedi team?s notorious knack for getting into trouble, had decided to check on them.

Qui-Gon had yet to answer the comlink. Usually, Qui-Gon knew the importance of keeping in touch, even when he did not want to be disturbed. Mace was starting to become irritated with the stubborn man. Mace couldn?t get mad at the ever-rebellious Jedi Master, though. Qui-Gon had been his frie

2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Nice,nice,nice.Glad to see ya back.PEACE Ewen

3. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
  4. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Up! Where is everyone? :(

5. Jacka_Leval

Jacka_Leval Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    Just found this fic, I am very impressed so far!! Please don't leave us hanging :_| :_| Excellent work so far...keep it up :D :D

6. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    I'm here!

Geez, so somebody finally thought of checking in on them? With their record, I would call the healers...

7. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Up! :( I want some replies! :_(

8. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    I LOVE this story and desperatly want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please?!!!

9. BlueJedi

Mar 25, 2002
    UPPING FOR A POST!

want more

10. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Ok, sorry this is such a short post. The next one should be longer. Also, I want some replies. I'm getting a bit discouraged. :(

His comlink had been smashed, he realized dully. Qui-Gon had just been trying to let the Jedi Council know of the situation, but noticed that it would be quite difficult with a pulverized comlink. He couldn?t use Ahna?s and Kenri?s, because it was not as long-range as his had been, and it was too dangerous to try to get to a comm center. The nearest one was not for miles.

On the plus side, Qui-Gon and the healing Obi-Wan had been really enjoying their stay with the Tegalas?. Although they had only been there about four hours, it was beginning to feel like home. Real home-cooked meals were always a treat, especially to the now-hungry Obi-Wan. His Master?s cooking was not exactly ?home-cooked.? It was more like, ?has-been-frozen-twenty-times.?

Kenri liked showing Qui-Gon the security cameras and systems he had placed around the house. After making sure that the vicinity around the house was clear, Kenri and Qui-Gon went out on a hunt while Ahna and Obi-Wan stayed at the house . The two men did not kill anything (Which was fine with the Jedi Master), but Qui-Gon enjoyed getting out of the house for a bit of fresh air and the plentiful foliage.

Obi-Wan spent his time in bed. As much as he pleaded with Ahna, she wouldn?t let him go out with his Master. Ahna, he realized, was just like the healers at the Temple, who had one of their wards named after him. The young Jedi was feeling better than he had been, however. The burning in his abdomen had been reduced to a dull ache, that only came about if he moved around too much. Bacta was a miraculous thing. Joined with the Force, it was surprising that the young Jedi?s wound wasn?t completely healed.

He enjoyed spending his time by talking to Ahna about her life. She was very curious about his life, also.

?Do you enjoy your life as a Jedi, Obi-Wan?? she asked while Kenri and Qui-Gon were out hunting.

Obi-Wan, whom was a bit surprised at the question, tried to answer truthfully. ?Of course I do!? he said. a bit too vehemently.

?No need to get defensive, Little One,? Ahna replied kindly. ?I am merely curious.?

?Sorry. I didn?t mean to sound so defensive,? said Obi-Wan, still a bit shocked at the way he had answered such a simple question.

Ahna patted his arm and smiled.

?Well, I had better prepare the evening meal. Your Master and Kenri will be quite hungry after their hunt. But for the life of me, I can?t understand why they enjoy it so much. Kenri never brings me back any fresh meat. Must be my husband?s terrible aim!?

She winked at Obi-Wan. He grinned.

?I don?t think it will be your husband?s fault if they don?t bring anything back, Ahna. I think it will be my Master?s!?

A miniature figure of a man in uniform stood on Vito?s desk. The holo-projecter allowed him to see his employees. It made him feel more in control.

?Lord Vito, the holo-disguiser you ordered has just arrived.?

?Thank you, Codo. If you would please have it brought to my office. Also, see if you can?t find Volu. I have a little favor to ask of him.?

?Yes, my lord.?

Codo bowed as the hologram faded out. Vito smiled.

?Now, Volu should be back within the hour. If he?s not, I have a little task for him. I am sure he?ll be glad to do me such a fine honor. The Jedi will bow to my will, I am sure.? Vito cackled to himself and settled into his office chair, a sinister grin playing on his thin lips.

Thanks to everyone who replied last time! You encourage me to keep going! More to come soon. :)

KenobisGirl :cool:

11. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Hey! Don't be discouraged - I only have 2 normal readers (only readers, actually) to my stories.

And I for one love this story, so I think you should continue soon!

You're great.

12. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    I love you, TheFallen!

Ok, before you spaz out, I'm just kidding! ;) Thank you! I feel so loved now! :D

13. BlueJedi

Mar 25, 2002
    I love you all, and this story

Waiting for a new post!!!!

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm still here KG

15. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Sorry about the delay. Expect more over the weekend. :)

16. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Awww don't be discouraged. I've been reading just haven't been replying. I kept saying I would get around to it but the real world has taken hold of me lately.

This is a really good story keeps my mind off the fact that I have take home spanish test to do (she gave it to us just to ruin my weekend) and I'm always in the mood for a good plot, good charcters and most importantly good Obi-torture!

please post more soon!

Felicia Z.

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    It's the weekend KG- is there a new post?

18. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Well, I was working on the next post, but my parents started yelling at me for not practicing my violin, then I realized that I have a school project to do! Ahhh! Hopefully, I'll be able to post tomorrow. Sorry again about the delay, and thank you all for the kind words and for being patient with me!

19. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Don't worry, we will wait. For such a good story... but don't understand that so, that you stay away from here for the next few month. Even a Jedi's patience has its limits.

School project? *blushes brightly* Shouldn't I be doing one right now? *blushes even more* Uh...

20. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Don't worry, I don't think that I could stay away from this story for that long! I have these great ideas swimming around in my head, just waiting to be written down! ;)

21. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    There are probably more readers than you realize. I don't always leave a reply, (I barely have time to read anything, let alone type out a response), however I am reading. Especially JA stories....(love young Obi's, love Qui--even when hating him for the way he acts in other stories).

Keep writing!

JediCandy

22. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Whoops... I guess I did kinda stay away from this story too long. School caught up with me in May, then it was summer camps all this month, until just a week ago. It's so nice to be home!

Anywho, I guess everybody will be wanting a post, right? That is assuming I have any readers left! :( I sure hope I have readers!

Ok, here's the deal, I'm preparing myself right now to write a post. I'm not going to let anything distract me... Oh wait, I was going to listen to my AOTC soundtrack. I think I can handle both.

I'll be back with a post in few hours, okay?

KenobisGirl :p

Oh, excuse the huge rant.

23. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Up! Man, this plummeted like a stone...

24. JoeyKenobi

JoeyKenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah!! Yeah!! A post is coming. I can't wait, it seems like it's been forever and a day. I'm glad your back.

- JoeyKenobi

25. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Me too, Joey! Post coming soon! :)

KenobisGirl :p

EDIT: Ok, now I'm stuck. :( This is definitely NOT good. Okay, don't panic... I'm off to try again... :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.