main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rising Hope, Rising Darkness (Completed 5/27)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Anybody for page 8? :D

Talk about your thrill rides, I just marathonned through everything I missed! GEEZ! Now we're turnin' on the heat! That sucker's gonna need all the lightsabers on the planet to make mincemeat out of Mara. [face_devil]

2. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Calm, JF, calm.

Thanks, yoda. Maybe that popcorn will get the juices flowing. *munches on some, looks around, decides to get back to writing.*

When have you not seen me turn the heat on at the end of a story, Sebby? And you think it's getting good now, just you wait. As for Eclepsa, I agree that it's going to take a lot to overcome Mara. I'd put my bets on Jade anyday.

And now, back to Hapes to check in on Jaina!

Jaina and Jag flew with almost reckless abandon, making a perfect team as Invidious arrived on the scene and dumped all her TIEs into the mix. While the capital ships continued firing broadsides at each other, the fighters dove between the larger ships, chased each other around bridge supports, and generally engaged in what could truly be called a furball. "You've got one on your tail, Goddess," Jag half-shouted. Jaina rolled to port and dove as Jag's Interceptor came swooping in, the four wingtip lasers firing away. The TIE fighter never stood a chance.

"Thanks, One," Jaina replied, triggering a shot at a TIE that foolishly wandered into her path.

"Nice shot yourself," Jag replied, settling back in on Jaina's wing. "Looks like a nice furball over near the Chimeara. Think we should go lend a hand?"

"I'd love to see the look on Gavin's face if he had to buy us drinks," Jaina said, grinning. "I'm game if you are." The two fighters wove their way between the flashes of turbolaser fire, Jag almost getting hit at one point. "Watch it," Jaina warned. "I don't want to go home and have to tell your father that his son got killed by a random blast."

"Nah, I'm too stubborn for that," Jag said, jinking the fighter to starboard as a blast from the Anakin Solo shot by.

"You just keep telling yourself that," Jaina said. "Remember, you're the one flying with no shields."

"If you hadn't taken the Advanced, that wouldn't be so, would it?" Jag shot back, just before diving into the furball created by half of Invidious' TIEs foolishly deciding to chase Rogue Squadron. Needless to say, the Rogues were enjoying themselves.

"Goddess to Rogue Leader. Mind if Jag and I crash your party, Colonel?"

"Not at all, Jaina. Though if I have to save your husbands tail..."

"I owe the squadron drinks," Jaina said, a grin tugging up the corners of her mouth.

++++++++++++

Anybody wondering what Jacen & Tenel Ka have been up to?

Check back tomorrow. [face_devil]

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

3. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Frankly, no. You know I can't stand Jacen/TK. :p I'll stick with my other kind of J/J stories, thankyouverymuch. ;)

Phsheesh! It's a wonder none of their cronies got hit by turbolaser fire if they're darting in and out between ships like that! :eek:

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    good post, though I can't be hearing right. Jaina with Jag. Hmm I prefer to stick with my J/K Stories.

Onto Jacen and Tenel Ka

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I can guess on Jacen and TK- Lots of vengance and anger toward hapes.
    *Refills popcorn. Sips soda Buys a round for everyone*

6. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Yeah, Sebby, I know that you don't really care for TK. And I presume by J/J you either mean Jaina/Jag (the obvious) or else it's Jacen/Jerrica. (I hope I got the spelling right.) As for not getting hit, remember what Endor was like???

Sorry, JF, but I've always seen Kyp as being a little too old for Jaina. Remember, he's late teens-twenty when she's two. (Jedi Academy Trilogy)

Hopefully, I haven't been too transparent, yoda. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by what I've got cooked up.

And now, here we go!

With the battle raging in space, no officer noticed the lone shuttle descending towards the planet. It slipped into the atmosphere, descending towards the palace itself. A lone TIE pilot caught sight of it just before the shuttle just before the shuttle slipped beneath the clouds that wrapped themselves around Hapes. He descended, only to be blasted from the sky by Face Loran and the pair of pilots accompanying him.

"Thanks for the save," Tenel Ka said, looking over at Jacen, who piloted the shuttle, landing it with a slight thump just outside the palace. The two Jedi rose, and belted on their lightsabers.

"Ready?" Jacen asked, looking at his wife.

"Jacen, I was ready for this the moment the Republic finally decided to act."

"This is a fact," Jacen said with a grin, uttering the line he had so often heard from the Hapan Queen. Then, the time for talking was over as Jacen lowered the ramp, and the two stepped out. They looked around, a little surprised that nobody waited, blasters drawn. The pair rushed into the palace, lightsabers drawn, but not ignited, for fear that the telltale hum of the blades might give away their presence. They became more confused as they approached the throne room. "Is it just me, Jacen asked, raising a brow, "or is this just a little too easy?"

"This is a fact," Tenel Ka muttered under her breath, wondering exactly what sort of trap might be waiting for him. She threw open the doors to the throne room, to find out just why the palace had been devoid of guards. Helena Norema sat on the throne, with all the guards drawn into the room.

"So, the witch makes her return," the usurper said. She looked to the guards. "Kill them."

A flurry of blaster bolts flew in the direction of the two, and the lightsabers came to life, just in time to scatter them around the room. Some of the guards ducked rolled, or did whatever was necessary to avoid the hail of blaster fire that shot back at them, courtesy of the Jedi blades. This is going to make a mess of the throne room, Tenel Ka thought as her lightsaber continued to dance in her hands.

++++++++++++

More M/E coming tomorrow. Let's just say you might want to key up "The Battle of Endor II" for that post. Say, around the 5 minute mark?

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    awesome post

he's fifteen years older then she is. but they are so much more fun to write, to me Jag maybe her age but everyone can see that he will put returning to chiss space ahead of Jaina. Kyp is perfect for her and they do share a bond deeper then most would

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    kyp is too old for jaina. I prefer Zekk or Jag.
    Great post. I feel sorry for the clean up crew after the battle in the throne room is over. Do I smell a rematch between tk and helena?Fist to fist?

9. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    I can understand your reasons for picking Kyp over Jag, JF, but I guess I'll always put Jag with Jaina. And if you've looked at my other fic that's currently running, you'll know I have other plans for Kyp.

Yes, a clean-up crew will dinitely be needed. Maybe some masons too, but who knows. As for TK and Helena, you'll just have to wait and see.

The throne room on Brentaal was, without doubt, on the verge of becoming completely unsalvageable. The walls now bore the scars of lightsaber wounds, curtains had been tugged down and used as weapons by both participants in the duel, and one window had been shattered when Eclepsa attempted to Force shove Mara through it, and nearly succeeded. One pillar in the corner had been cut almost all the way through, and Luke could almost feel that any further damage and that section of the roof would cave in. Yet the two women continued the battle, neither seeming to notice the damage being caused.

?You know that you can?t win,? Mara said to Eclepsa as she shoved the Sith Lady?s attack back. ?The Dark Side is not stronger, and you know it.?

?I might say I?ve already won. In case you haven?t noticed, your husband refuses to aid you,? she said, slashing in at Mara?s shoulder, only to have her blade again deflected by Mara?s.

?I don?t see him taking your side, either,? Mara replied, jabbing her blade in , then quickly pulling back in order to block a sweeping cut aimed at her side.

?It?s not important. What matters is that he?s abandoned you, leaving you yo face your destiny!? Eclepsa shouted, finally having decided that the duel had gone on long enough. From her left hand exploded a volley of lightning, striking Mara full in the chest.

?Mara!? Luke shouted, abandoning his inaction, his lightsaber leaping from the belt of the Dark Lady, and landing in his hand. The verdant blade ignited before the hilt dropped into the Jedi Master?s outstretched hand, and a single leap took him across the room, placing him between Eclepsa and his wounded wife.

?I didn?t think I?d broken you completely,? Eclepsa muttered. ?Of course, if you will not be broken, you will be obliterated!? Another volley of lightning surged from her hand, and wrapped itself around Luke?s blade.

?You?ve done enough damage here,? Luke said. ?Let your hatred go. It can?t help you. In fact, it can only destroy you.? Eclepsa answered by firing another volley, part of which ran through the muscles of Luke?s shoulder, since he didn?t get the blade positioned in time to catch the full burst. ?You don?t have to follow in Lumiya?s footsteps. She made a choice. That doesn?t mean that you have to make the same decisions that she did.?

?She was my Master!? Eclepsa shouted, almost of the verge of a scream. ?And you destroyed her.? Another volley sizzled by, this one aimed at Mara, who was just getting up from the previous attack, but raised her lightsaber in the nick of time.

?She never would have allowed you to go your own way,? Mara said, her voice sounding a bit tired. ?You never would have been anything more than a pawn in her schemes.?

?She trusted me.?

?Did she?? Mara said, hoping to exploit the rift that Luke had begun to create between the Sith Lady and her dead master. ?If I recall, she ordered Han Solo to accompany you to Corellia. That doesn?t seem like trust.?

Eclepsa dropped her head to her chest, as if in defeat. Then, she closed down the lightsaber. Luke and Mara however, kept their blades up. Then, the Dark Lady looked at Luke. ?If I die here,? she growled, ?then at least I take the one who slew Palpatine with me!?

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More J/J to come tomorrow.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Very interesting. About time Luke interjected. the saber lightening thing was based on Obi-Wan's deflection of Dooku's lightening?

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    that post got really intense at the end, more soon

12. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Actually, yoda, the whole lightning/lightsaber bit was based on something that occured in The Last Command. Luke did the something similar there.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was shooting for at the end, JF.

And now, how about a bit more?

Jaina felt Jacen's stress level jump as the attack began, even as she swerved to avoid an out-of-control TIE fighter that continued to carom off into space once past her. "Goddess to Leader. My brother's in trouble down on the surface. Request permission to help him out."

"You're free to go, Jaina. Why don't you take Jag with you. There aren't enough fighters up here for both of us." Face's voice came through. "May the Force be with you."

"Thanks, Lead." She flipped over to her private frequency with Jag. "Care to accompany me down to the surface."

"Always happy to obey a Goddess," Jag said, and Jaina could almost picture the sardonic grin that had to crossing his features. The two fighters broke through the cloud layer, laying down a pattern of ground fire to temporarily disable some of the ground to air batteries that had come into play.

"There's the shuttle," Jaina said, bringing the TIE Advanced down next to the shuttle, while Jag's interceptor touched down on the other side. Jaina grabbed her lightsaber, popped the hatch, and pulled off the helmet. By the time she got to the other fighter, Jag was waiting. As the two entered, the sound of blasterfire became obvious.

"Sounds like we've got our work cut out for us," Jag said, pointing in the direction from which the sound was emanating. The two pilots headed towards the throne room to find Jacen and Tenel Ka, still blocking volleys of blasterfire from the Hapans guarding the usurper. Jaina moved to Jacen's right, with Tenel Ka on the left. The three Jedi continued deflecting bolt, sending the ruby darts flashing into stone, mortar, and even the occasion shot at another guard. Meanwhile, Jag was taking the opportunity to fire off a stun blast around the Jedi blades. Minutes later, it was all over.

Tenel Ka advanced, Jacen and Jaina stepping to either side of the Queen Mother. The look on Norema's face had changed from one of smug certainty to one of abject terror. "You are under arrest," Tenel Ka began, her voice strong, "for high treason."

"You haven't heard the last of me, witch," the usurper said, drawing what appeared to be a ceremonial dagger. "I'll not give you the satisfaction of parading me around." With that, she plunged the dagger into her belly, her body dropping to the ground before the throne and rolling down the steps, leaving a trail of blood behind.

"I guess it's up to General Bel Iblis to finish this now," Jaina said. "I had hoped we might get her to order her forces to stand down."

"We shall see what our word can do," Tenel Ka replied, slipping back into her "royal persona."

++++++++++++

A bit more with Tavira is coming tomorrow night, with a return to Brentaal probably on Saturday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

13. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, so maybe it's just me, but this story needs an up.. So how about I up it and give you a bit more?

Tavira watched with growing fury and disgust as yet another of the Hapan ships fell silent, compliments of the Anakin Solo's ion cannons. Bel Iblis was disabling one ship at a time, while his senior commanders kept the others at bay. Tavira realized that Bel Iblis' only weakness was his apparent determination to salvage what he could. "Captain, lower our shields and patch me through to any ships capable of hearing me."

The captain nodded to Tavira, indicating that the channel was open.

"This is Admiral Tavira to all loyal ships. Do not surrender to the enemy. They seek to capture as many loyal Hapans as possible turn over to the witch. Any ship that ceases firing of its own accord will be shot down." At Tavira's nod, Invidious' shields went back up. "All turbolasers, target the Anakin Solo. I want that ship destroyed."

"Admiral, is that wise? It is, after all, a Super Star Destroyer."

"A single fighter destroyed Executor. A group of freighters brought down the Lusankya. Iron Fist was destroyed by the Hapans. Perhaps it is merely poetic justice that the Anakin Solo also fall to guns manned by those loyal to the Hapan Queen."

"Admiral, you'd better have a look at this," the comm officer said, gesticulating wildly at Tavira. "Hapes is sending out orders to stand down."

"What?!" Tavira shouted as one of the Republic Destroyers blew up. "We're finally starting to win. Why would the Queen Mother order her forces to abandon the fight?"

"It's not Queen Mother Norema issuing the orders. It's the Jedi witch. She claims that Helena Norema committed suicide rather than allow herself to be captured."

"That fool!" Tavira spat, as one of the Hapan ships turned its guns away from the SSD and towards the Invidious. "I will not allow this crew to be taken prisoner," Tavira said, even as the first wave of ion blasts from the Anakin Solo swept across the arrowhead shape of the Invidious. "Helm, set a course for the center of the Anakin Solo. We're going to ram her."

"Admiral, that's suicide!"

"And you, apparently, are nothing more than a weasel," Tavira said, drawing her blaster and pointing it at the officer manning the console. "Now do your duty! Comm, get me Bel Iblis."

"This is General Bel Iblis. Invidious, stand down and prepare to be boarded."

"We die together, General. You cannot escape." And then, Tavira shot the comm board, rendering it inoperable.

"Admiral, I may not be the pride of the Imperial fleet, but I will not allow you to murder your officers," Captain Niquip said, and Tavira turned, to find herself staring down the barrel of Niquip's blaster. The last thing she saw was the circle of blue light as Niquip fired.

++++++++++++

And maybe later, if I'm feeling really gracious, I'll give you the rest of the duel.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

14. BlackCougar

BlackCougar Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    oh I like awesome posts

more soon?

15. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Welcome to the fic, BlackCougar. Glad you're enjoying yourself.

And now, the moment that I think some have been waiting for. The final battle with Eclepsa.

Luke heard it before he realized what was happening. A crack formed in the wall behind the Dark Lady, and then the wall imploded, disintegrating into a spray of small rocks, all thrown straight at the Jedi. Luke recalled the final confrontation with C'Boath on Wayland, when the mad Jedi Master had done something similar, dropping the roof in on the two who now faced Eclepsa. Luke was deflecting what he could, as was Mara, but both of them knew that they couldn't keep it up indefinitely. Eventually, the bruising impact of the rocks would leave them virtually defenseless. Unless, of course, the hail of rocks could be stopped.

Luke stepped forward, the lightsaber still dancing in his hands, even as the rocks continued to fly towards him. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Mara doing something similar. "What happened to the little girl?" Luke shouted, struggling to make himself heard over the roar created by the storm of gravel.

"She died, Skywalker. She died a long time ago," Eclepsa said, the storm of rocks letting up for a moment. Her eyes softened, just slightly, and Luke thought he might finally have gotten through to the person she could have been, had she not been so consumed by her anger. "Perhaps, in another reality, she could have been happy. But in this world, only the hate remained. Only the hate remained, and the pure rage at being abandoned," Eclepsa said, and the shower of stoned redoubled in intensity.

"Your heart betrays you," Luke said. "While you seek to believe that you are incapable of anything but hate, I know better. I saw your true nature when you attempted to seduce me. For a moment, you relaxed. What you really seek is a place where you fit in, where you can be loved."

"Love?" Eclepsa snorted. "You think that you can turn me so easily, Skywalker? You think you really saw my heart? If so, you're an even bigger fool than I thought." While Luke had been trying to reason with Eclepsa, Mara had been drifting just out of line with the stones, slipping up alongside the Dark Lady. At the last moment, however, she seemed to sense Mara's presence. She turned, but, unable to redirect the stones, found herself staring into Mara's eyes. She could almost see a reflection of herself in the green orbs. "I'm sorry," she said, then plunged forward, skewering herself on Mara's azure blade. Her body dropped to the ground, and the hail of stones stopped. Mara dropped to one knee beside her, and Luke rushed over. "He will be a great Jedi," she rasped, her voice nearly gone. "Take care of him...my sister." Then, the light faded from Eclepsa's eyes, and her chest heaved one last, lingering breath.

++++++++++++

Now the big question. Was Eclepsa teeling the truth as she died, or not?

Back to the skies over Hapes tomorrow.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Great post.Interesting twist.I thouht i asked about the sister thing...
    Found it. Ahh so you were leading me in the right direction I missed it. The age thing. I never did directly ask about Eclepsa being Mara's sister. I had said Eclepsa was too young. You said you never mentioned anything about her age. Very clever.Oh I almost forgot. RODAN'S VERDICT?

17. BlackCougar

BlackCougar Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    great post

oh and just to let you know its JediFalcon. I'm under my sock because I was banned from the Mafia game and I'm waiting for Neck to unban me

18. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    As I've said before, yoda, there are some times that I prefer to keep plot details to myself, especially when dropping a little bombshell like that one. As for Rodan's fate, well, that will be coming, I can assure you.

Sorry for not recognizing you right away, JF, though now that I look back, there is a similarity in your sig that I missed. Glad you've enjoyed yourself.

"She's stopped, General," Dorja said, looking back towards Bel Iblis as the Anakin Solo continued to slide out of Invidious' path. "However, we have received no word since Tavira's threat."

"Prepare a boarding party. They know we're coming, so if they intend to comply, we should know by their actions." We'll also know if they mean not to comply, Bel Iblis thought. "What action do the other ships appear to be taking?"

"Some are still resisting, but most appear to be waiting to see what Invidious does, just to make sure," Dorja replied as a shuttle with the boarding party aboard left the Super Star Destroyer's hanger and made its way towards the other ship. In his mind, he began a silent countdown of the time it would take for the shuttle to traverse the distance between the two starships. "They should be boarding just about...now, sir."

"I'd hold off any optimism until we hear from them," Bel Iblis replied, even as he hoped that they would be able to avoid any more bloodshed. The Anakin Solo could quite easily tear Invidious to pieces, but that would cost the larger ship dearly. And, quite frankly, Garm Bel Iblis had just about had enough of war. He had seen too much death in the years since the Emperor had forced him outside the law, forced him to become a Rebel.

"We're getting something form the team leader's comlink," a major over at the comm station called. Bel Iblis strode over, Dorja about a half-step behind him.

"Go ahead, Lieutenant."

"Sir, Admiral Tavira has been placed under arrest. Captain Niquip would have surrendered, but it appears that the Admiral blasted their comm."

"Understood, Lieutenant. If he wishes to broadcast a surrender order, inform Captain Niquip that he may come aboard."

"Right, sir." Bel Iblis didn't want to show it, but relief passed through him. The Battle of Hapes was apparently over, though he didn't envy the clean-up work that would be left to the Hapans. The Republic would offer aid, and some added defense while the Hapans recovered from this brief civil war, but the major military operations were hopefully over.

++++++++++++

That's it for now. Tomorrow's post will feature the fate of Senator Rodan.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

19. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    *Goes back to courtroom with bag of popcorn*
    Die Rodan Die!

20. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Taking popcorn into a courtroom, yoda? tsk tsk.

But the moment has arrived. Will Rodan live, or die?

As work crews began the duty of restoring the throne room in the Fountain Palace, Tenel Ka reconvened the court to finish what had been started before Helena Norema's attempt to usurp the Hapan throne. With all three judges present, as well as counsels for both the Consortium and the defendant, Tenel Ka announced her decision regarding Fyor Rodan's sentence.

"Given his service to the Republic prior to the crime with which he has been found guilty," Tenel Ka began, dressed today in a somewhat plain looking gown of emerald green, "the sentence of death is hereby commuted." A gasp of shock came from the table occupied by Rodan and his counsel. Apparently, he had been expecting Tenel Ka to show him no mercy. "However," she continued, her voice as strong as durasteel, "the grave nature of his crime cannot be ignored. We therefore sentence Fyor Rodan to a prison term of no less than forty-five years, and no longer than the remainder of his life. Furthermore, we stipulate that at minimum, the first ten years of said term are to be served in solitary confinement."

"Queen Mother," Luap began, only to be silenced with a withering glare from Tenel Ka.

"Do not make us alter our decision, Counsel," Tenel Ka said. "Our business here is concluded," she said, as the guards moved forward to take Fyor Rodan away. Withdrawing from the room, and from the public eye, Tenel Ka sank into Jacen's arms.

"It's over, my Queen," Jacen said, steadying her as she leaned against him. "The trial has finished, and my grandmother will be bringing our children back here tomorrow. It's time to settle down."

"Can I ever settle down?" Tenel Ka asked. "It seems like we're forever destined to be tried, over and over."

"The path of a Jedi is not an easy one," Jacen replied. "It is a hard life."

"The life of royalty is no easier, my husband."

++++++++++++

More to come on Tuesday, probably, since I'll be spending Monday with the family.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OUTRAGOUS!
    I DEMAND A NEW VERDICT!

*Throws popcorn at Rodan*

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    great posts all caught up

*throws a slab of meat at Rodan* and I agree with Yoda, we need a different verdict

more soon

oh and thats ok about my sock.

23. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sorry, yoda, but I'm not changing the verdict. Besides, after ten years in solitary, I think Rodan would have gone completely nuts. Rest assured, he won't be harming anybody.

Glad to see you've been unbanned, JF. As for the verdict, see my note to yodaminch above.

And now, back to Brentaal.

Mara fell back into Luke's arms, her eyes looking up into the cool blue of his, and finding the same strength and support that had always been there for her, even when she had sought to kill him. "My sister," Mara murmured, considering the last words spoken by Eclepsa. She looked up into the grime-covered face of her husband, the skin broken here and there where a rock had penetrated his defense. "Is it possible?"

"I honestly don't know, Mara," Luke replied, sighing, and Mara could see that Luke considered this result as much a loss as a victory. Perhaps even more so. "I felt some kind of connection with her. And there is at least some physical resemblance," Luke said, as Mara half-rose, her knees still slightly bent.

Looking at the body of the Dark Lady, she felt as though she were seeing some sort of mirror image. The reflection wasn't perfect, But she could see what Luke was getting at. The red hair of Eclepsa lacked the gold highlights of Mara's hair, but here and there a streak of blond was visible. The eyes, now closed in death, had been just as green as Mara's own. The cheekbones were a little more pronounced, but the overall impression was strikingly similar. "Could she have been telling the truth there, at the end? Or was it all some sort of final mind-game?" Mara asked, as she rose the rest of the way.

"I don't think we'll ever really know the answer to that," Luke said. "We can only hope that she has finally found her place, her peace."
    "That sounds like an evasion, Skywalker. Don't think you can fool me that easily."

"I don't think I?d even consider trying it, my love." Luke, who was still crouched, looked up at Mara. "The question now becomes, what do we tell the people? And what do we do with the body?"

"We let the Republic inform the people of what occurred here, after Saretti has an opportunity to polish it up. As for the body, I think we should leave that up to the people. We leave it here, in state, until they decide."

"Sounds like we have some work to do," Luke said, rising.

"Not so fast, farmboy," she said, firmly planting a hand on his chest. "Before we go anywhere, we're heading back to the Shadow. You need to change, and then we need to have a talk about how you let this happen."

Oh, sith, Luke thought.

That's it for tonight. Assuming that I'm in any condition to post tomorrow night after eight hours in a car, we'll be seeing the first half of the Epilogue.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Ha ha nice long chat. Poor Luke

25. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Eight hours? Here's a sugar cube for ya. Picked it up during my 15-hour drive home from Michigan yesterday morning, afternoon, and evening. :p Anyway, story, yes, story. Quite a duel! I wonder what the population will have to say to Mara later on. I rather thought she and Eclepsa had that little family tie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.