main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rising Hope, Rising Darkness (Completed 5/27)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Yes, poor Luke. Unfortunately, I'll leave it up to you to decide just what Mara had to say. Though I promise you will see part of the result of said...chat.

Okay, so it didn't end up being eight hours, Sebby, only seven. Still, that's a heck of a time to be sitting on one's butt. As for the reaction to what happened, well, it's in the Epilogue.

And here we go!

Epilogue: Aftermaths

"Things have been left in a terrible mess," Ephin Saretti reported to the Senate. "The government of Brentaal has practically fallen apart with the death of its Archduchess, who appears to have been the same Dark Lady who attempted to destroy the Jedi."

"And what of the Jedi?" one of the senators shouted. "What does Master Skywalker have to say? Was this some sort of power grab gone wrong?"

"The Jedi do not seek power," said Pooja Naberrie, who had recently returned from Hapes. "Recall that Master Skywalker and his son were abducted by this Dark Lady. I think that we all owe Luke and Mara Skywalker a debt of gratitude that we aren't now being faced with another Palpatine."

"Why did we face such a problem? The Jedi failed to..." A roar from the Chancellor silenced the objecting senator, drawing attention back to the floor of the Senate chamber.

"As I was saying," Saretti continued, "the people of Brentaal seek the aid of the Republic in recovering from the damage caused by Eclepsa's attempt to break free of the Republic."

"If they truly are willing to re-enter the fold," said Senator Asyr Sei'lar of Bothawui. "then I think we should welcome them with open arms. The construction yards constructed at Eclepsa's order could help replenish any ships lost in the Hapan conflict."

"I concur with my Bothan colleague," Pooja said. With the motion seconded, it moved to a floor vote, which passed with just over three quarters approval. It wasn't the unanimous decision that Leia might have hoped for, but at least it would go forward.

++++++++++++

There were times, Luke thought, that a little adventure just came at a really bad time. Actually, it was about the seventh time that such an idea had run through his head since had started cleaning the dishes. While he supposed that he could have just used the Force to do it, he actually found that allowing the water to run over his hands was relaxing. That, and the fact that is Mara caught him using the Force for this particular task, he'd be facing yet another lecture.

Following the return from Brentaal, Luke had done just about all he could to explain just what had led to that near-disaster. Mara, however, was unconvinced, and Luke found himself here, doing the dishes, as a way of apologizing to her for getting caught with his guard down. He finished with the last plate, just as he felt Mara enter the room behind him.

"Took you long enough, Skywalker," she said, a wry smile on her face. "In fact, I was beginning to wonder if you'd let yourself get sucked down the drain."

"Somehow," Luke said, laughing, "I think you'd know if that happened. Ben's asleep, I take it?"

"Finally," Mara said, raising one brow. "I have to admit, I was a little surprised by your suggestion that we spread the Jedi out." *That wouldn't have anything to do with what happened here, would it?* she asked through the Force.

"Keep out of my head, Jade," Luke replied teasingly. "Actually, it has to do with being a target. By sitting here on Chandrila, and only here, we present a target for anybody seeking to annihilate us. By spreading out, we make the work more difficult. And,? Luke said, pausing, ?it might help us catch onto anybody slipping towards the Dark Side before it?s too late.?

++++++++++++

While the Republic sought to repair things on Brentaal, while the Jedi Council planned to spread outwards, while Jacen Solo and Tenel Ka finally enjoyed a moment of peace on Hapes, a new cloud gathered on the fringe of the galaxy. The Dark Lady had failed to bring the galaxy under the shroud of the Sith. Skywalker and his allies may have s

2. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Washing the dishes? Poor guy. With the crap he takes from Mara, you'd think she's his mother instead of his wife. :p

Great fic! You just keep on getting better, and I'm gonna go watch you prove it in Phantom now. :D

3. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Actually, Sebby, it's Luke's way of attempting to make up for what happened.

4. BlackCougar

BlackCougar Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    great ending Tych_Sel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.