main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rising Hope, Rising Darkness (Updated 3/25)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tych_sel, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    my guess would be Exar Kun......but I thought he was destroyed in the Jedi Academy Trilogy......

Good Posts. :)

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    A few guesses:
    Bane
    Kun
    Palpy
    Vader
    Ulic

Shameless Plug:Yoda dooku chapter added.

3. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Liz: Kun was destroyed in the Jedi Academy trilogy. So it's not him. But a nice guess, anyways.

yoda: Kun, as I said to Liz, is dead. And he isn't coming back, this time. As for the others, well, I won't answer that at this time.

Who wants a little more? Like the beginning of the end for a certain Senator?

The sun shone down brightly through the large window at the end of the room as the trial of Fyor Rodan began. Tenel Ka was seated on the throne, which glowed golden to such a radiance that it splashed a golden cast upon the area that surrounded it. Below her, in the three seats of the judges, sat two Hapan judges, Rolyata Krikles and Nea Semaj. The third seat had, at the request of the Republic, been filled by a senator. For this duty, the Senate had sent Pooja Naberrie. Seated at the table representing the Consortium was Isala Husticia, one of the foremost legal minds within the Consortium. What made her achievements greater was the fact that she was not from Hapes, but rather from Gallinore. Seated beside her was Halla Ettyk, who had served as the prosecutor during Tycho Celchu's treason trial following the fall of Coruscant to the New Republic.

"Bring in the prisoner," Tenel Ka ordered coolly. A door opened at one side of the room, and Fyor Rodan was brought in, his hands manacled in front of him. His face was pale, as if he was finally realizing that he would not be able to find a way to get out of his current situation. It was as though he realized that his life lay in the hands of the three judges in front of him, and that the only thing standing between him and death was the young woman seated at the defense table. One of the amazonian guards removed the binders as Rodan took the empty seat beside his attorney.

At a nod from Semaj, Isala Husticia rose, and stepped around the table. "Esteemed ladies, today we consider a matter that rocks the very base of Hapan society. An unprovoked attack was launched against the Queen Mother as she returned from a conference with the Senator representing Hapes," she said, walking towards the judges. Normally, even threatening the Queen Mother would require an instant death sentence. Nonetheless, we will show, and prove beyond the shadow of a doubt, that the attack was conceived of, and ordered by the defendant," she said, pointing to Rodan, "Fyor Rodan." As she finished, she returned to the table.

++++++++++++

That's it for now. More to come either later tonight, or else tomorrow evening.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

4. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    *Grabs popcorn and sits in back of the Courtroom*

[face_devil]

5. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Glad you liked that last one, yoda. The trial of Fyor Rodan will, however, lead to certain problems for the Hapans. But I don't want to go into too much detail. [face_devil]

6. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    And here's the next part!

Invidious settled into orbit around Sluis Van, her ID codes altered subtly to identify her as one of the Star Destroyers captured by the New Republic in the last days of the Galactic Civil War. Tavira had to restrain her impulse to order a squadron of TIEs to blow the shipyard to pieces, but knew that such a step would be premature at this point, and would likely cost her the Invidious. And that would put an even bigger crimp in her plans than the defeat at Ison had.

"Where is he?" she breathed, thinking that nobody would hear her.

"He was expecting us to be outside the system," Captain Niquip said, apparently overhearing the admiral's comment. "Perhaps we should..."

"We will wait here, until there is some sign of Kargin and his pirates. Then, we will move in for the rendezvous. And only then, Captain," Tavira said, as though to remind Niquip just who was in charge of this mission.

"As you wish, Admiral," Niquip said, and strode down to the starboard crew pit, ostensibly checking on one of the junior officers.

The moments stretched into minutes, and the minutes became an hour. The longer they waited, the more tense the mood became on the bridge. Tavira knew that it was only a matter of time before they were once again hailed by the Rebels. Then, as she was about to order the Invidious out of the system, a lieutenant approached.

"Admiral, a shuttle just dropped out of hyperspace, accompanied by a pair of X-Wings. The shuttle's ID has been altered, but reads as the Sunblade.

Not a usual name for a shuttle, Tavira thought. "Navigation, plot us a course to intercept the shuttle."

"Our friends?" Niquip said, rejoining Tavira.

"We'll soon find out. Give me hailing, on a secure frequency," she said, turning towards the comm officer.

"You have hailing, ma'am."

"Sunblade, this is the Serpent's Smile. Please state your reason for being in the system."

The response came back quickly, quickly enough that Tavira wondered if it might be a trap. "Greetings, Admiral," a female voice said. "This is Captain Seku of the Hawk-bats. I believe you had a proposal to make?"

"I thought we would be speaking with General Kargin," Tavira said, a little surprised that Kargin hadn't come himself. He was, based on rumors from other groups, notoriously self-absorbed.

"The General, unfortunately, was slightly wounded in a recent raid on the Tinta line. If we could come aboard, I can explain in more detail."

"Of course. Bay Alpha Two is clear for your use," Tavira said, planning things so that she could space the lot of them if this somehow turned out to be a deception. "I look forward to meeting you."

"The pleasure is mine. Seku out."

"Come, Captain. And have a guard of stormtroopers prepared to greet our guests."

"Aye ma'am."

++++++++++++

That's it for now. More to come tomorrow, assuming that my sister isn't monopolizing my computer while trying to get her new mp3 player to work right.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

7. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Awesome posts- I'm assuming that Eclepsa will try to take someone important as her apprentice and that the shuttle people are, um, weird. :p

**grabs some more popcorn and sits behind yodaminch in the courtroom, wearing sunglasses because of Tenel Ka's throne** :p

8. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Saber, the shuttle people are, in fact, just a little off-kilter. But that's to be expected seeing as most of them are either current or former Wraiths. LOL regarding the sunglasses. And as for Eclepsa, well, you'll see how things develop.

So I am to assume that people want more? Like maybe Padme & Leia?

"You never did explain how you managed to avoid Vader for all those years," Leia said. This was a discussion that Leia had intended to have with her mother for months now, but circumstances had prevented it. "After all, I'm sure that he looked for you on Naboo."

"He did. In fact, Anakin's first step after his duel with Obi-Wan was to attempt to seek me out. He thought that Obi-Wan had turned against him, and, at least according to Pooja, wanted to protect me from Obi-Wan."

"But he didn't find you there."

"No. Obi-Wan, in addition to seeing that my children were kept hidden and safe from Anakin, also thought that I should hide myself. Anakin was in a rage when he didn't find me, and I heard rumors that he considered destroying the planet," Padme said, and regretted it when she saw Leia wince, probably, she thought, at the thought of Alderaan, destroyed as a demonstration of the Death Star's destructive power.

"It sounds like Obi-Wan planned this in advance."

"I think he could see where Anakin was going, and wanted to have a plan in case he was unable to bring Ani back from the path he was beginning to tread."

"So where did you hide?"

"I originally headed for the planet Kamino, where the clones had come from. I later joined Obi-Wan on Tatooine, though keeping my distance to avoid jeopardizing both his safety and that of Luke. Then, when reports began to surface of my death," she paused, "I returned to Naboo, living with my sister."

"And probably keeping a low profile," Leia said. "Since I'm sure that Vader..."

"Anakin," Padme corrected.

"Mother, I may have accepted who he was, but I grew up seeing him as Vader, and hating him as Vader. I wasn't there to see the face behind the mask when he died aboard the second Death Star."

"And I never knew him as Vader. I hear the name, and can't help but see the little boy I met on Tatooine, or the young man who stole my heart ten years later. And that," she said, a fire appearing in her eyes that Leia knew had to be in her own when she had made up her mind about something, "is the image I would prefer to keep."

"I'm sorry," Leia said, realizing that her mom wouldn't want to be reminded of what her husband had become. "So, did you help raise your nieces?"

"Yes. I guess I believed that helping with them would soothe the ache of not being able to raise my own children. I once considered visiting you on Alderaan, but Obi-Wan and Bail felt that it would be too much of a risk."

"I take it you tried to keep some knowledge of what we were doing then," Leia said.

"I wouldn't be much of a mother if I didn't."

++++++++++++

This will probably be the last post I'll be putting up here until the boards split. But I will be re-posting all the current stuff for this fic in one super long post on the new boards, before I continue the tale.

Hope you all enjoy this post, and I'll see you all on the new boards!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good posts

10. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Thanks, Liz.

I've begun posting this over in the new Beyond the Saga forum, so I'm providing a link to the new thread. However, if you guys want me to, I'll continue to post it here as well.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

11. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    im also moving my stories and locking the old threads. I can always unlock later.
    I think you should stop posting here and leave it in the new forum.

12. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'd like whatever you do, so everything's fine with me :)

Great post :D

13. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    yoda: Glad you've found the thread over in the new boards.

Saber: I've started posting in the new boards, but since I seem to have lost a couple of people, I'm going to update this thread every once in a while. But I'll always be posting in the other thread first.

And here's an update here!

"Star Destroyer moving to intercept us," Kell said, suddenly realizing just how vulnerable they were. "Sticks, Headhunter, keep your eyes open, but do, not, repeat, do not, move to engage." A pair of comm clicks indicated the acknowledgement from the pair of X-Wings. Kell turned to Dia. "Ready?"

"As ready as I'm going to be."

"Sunblade, this is the Serpent's Smile," Tavira's voice said over the comm. Kell immediately began attempting to check the ID. It didn't take long for the program, supplied by Republic Crypt Chief Ghent, to reveal that it was, in fact, Invidious. "Please state your reason for being in the system."

"Greetings, Admiral," Dia replied, hoping her voice sounded as composed as she hoped it did, because she felt anything but composed. "This is Captain Seku of the Hawk-bats. I believe you had a proposal to make?"

"I thought we would be speaking with General Kargin," Tavira said.

"The General, unfortunately, was slightly wounded in a recent raid on the Tinta line. If we could come aboard, I can explain in more detail."

"Of course. Bay Alpha Two is clear for your use," Tavira said, planning things so that she could space the lot of them if this somehow turned out to be a deception. "I look forward to meeting you."

"The pleasure is mine. Seku out."

"Looks like we have got our audience," Ashein said.

"Now, let's see what damage we can arrange to do," Kell said. "Sticks, Headhunter, on us."

"Roger that," came Kyp's reply. Dia brought the shuttle to a smooth landing in the smaller hanger bay, the X-Wings touching down on either side of the Narra, codenamed Sunblade for the operation. She powered down the engines, and lowered the ramp, leading the others down.

"Admiral Tavira," Dia said, extending a hand to the woman with who she hoped to "gain employment."

"Captain Seku. May I present Captains Niquip," she indicated the human man standing behind her to the right, "and Odnalro." The human nodded, but the Barabel didn't move.

"A pleasure to meet you. This is Commander Norad, and Major Fraust," she said, indicating Kell and Bhindi, respectively. "Also, Lieutenants Resir, and Breish," she motioned to Jag Fel and Ashein. "And these are tow of our best pilots, Arlah and Zeeth," she said, as Jaina and Kyp joined the rest of the crew.

Jaina had put in contacts that made her normally brown eyes a sulfurous yellow, and a streak of red now ran through the middle of her brown hair. Kyp had opted for an eyepatch, and shaved a section of hair in a straight line from the patch, creating an impression of dead skin. Jag had dyed his black hair golden, and had falsely tattooed a delta wedge across his left cheek. Dia had to admit, without close scrutiny, she would never have guessed that three of the most prominent figures from the war with the Yuuzhan Vong stood with her.

?Now, perhaps you will join me for a drink while we discuss terms,? Tavira said, leading the group from the hanger.

++++++++++++

Tenel Ka returned from the trial to find her husband engaged in a trial of his own. Jacen was, at the moment she entered, attempting to change the diaper of a squirming Teneniel, while she giggled and simply squirmed more. Tenel Ka couldn't help but smile as Jacen finally managed to complete the process, only to hear Anakana, begin to cry. Jacen rolled his eyes as he carried Teneniel back to the crib, a slight grin appearing as he caught sight of his apparently amused wife.

*They've been like this all day,* he sent through the Force. *I think that I may finally get a break, and then the other one starts in.*

Tenel Ka joined him, and scooped Anakana, the younger of the twins, even if it only by

14. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    ok I really have to read the other thread because I am so hooked on this fic awesome onto the new thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.