main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Rising Shadows: Training the Soul (Temp title, prequel Gray, Here we go!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neon Star, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    So we begin! :) The title is only temporary, until we decide upon one.

Chapter: One

List of Characters/Authors/Abilities in order of character's last name. Thank you ever so much for doing this Ty-gon Jinn! :)

Atrus Aidan (Neon Star) - Fire Control
    Aralia Akadia (Heather_Skywalker) - Water/Ice Control
    Fallon Anasazi (Ty-gon Jinn) - Control over "Forces of Nature"
    Enovan Bloodfire (Neon Star) - Mind Control
    Renan Corte (Drunk_on_Tang) - Converts potential energy to explosive kinetic energy
    Adrian Crantall (KrystalBlaze) - Control over rain, lightning, and thunder
    Atana Dalee (Jaded Skywalker) - Moves through solid objects
    Nekia Eyaf (Ty-gon Jinn) - Light/Shadow Control, TEACHER
    Lara Heavlin (Arwen-Jade_Kenobi) - Abnormal Telekinesis/Telepathy
    Battou Hitoken (Rokangus) - Hypersonic Speed
    Raena Keedan (Jedi Obi-Wan) - Taking others' pain in healing
    Lerak Ketan (Drunk_on_Tang) - Makes himself intangible
    Kydn/Eclipse (Jaded Skywalker) - Projects "Force shields"
    Ardinel Praise (Ty-gon Jinn) - Pyrokinesis and temperature control
    Mickell ReDrawn (YT-Website) - Invisibility and Force Shields, TEACHER
    Jirdaan Riojer (Ornen) - Necromancy
    Ralfo Son Tfioz (Rokangus) - Geomancy
    Jason StarFire (Neon Star) - Weather Control
    Chrace Ti'annaar (AlrikFasbauer) - Senses living beings, thing they touched, and their emotions
    Hayden Towyrae (Jedi Obi-Wan) - Sees, though physically blind, sometimes sees future events
    Collete Veranza (Owe-me-One Perogi) - Enhanced strength; ability to teleport
    Vilanyo Vinino (freak-pudding) - Control of others' emotions; pyrokinesis
    Master Yoda (Everybody) - The Member of the High Council who brought Eyaf and Redrawn together

Planning/Recruiting thread:

Plot: Currently Introductions and begin training.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Yoda hobbled into the deserted chamber, his heart heavy at what he had called for. He had never thought there would be true need for the Gray again, yet, with the growth of the dark side, he knew it was time to resurrect the dormant group. Those of the former had refused, all except one, who he had decided would be the dominant teacher of a new generation of secret gray knights. Still, he was unsure of these, for many of them were touched with darkness, some more then others. This could prove to be the greatest mistake he could make, for many of them had untrained power that could destroy the Temple. Yet he knew he had to take the chance, or else they would be lost.

Praying silently to the Force, he waited for the next age to begin their training.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Blood exploded out of her mouth as she vomited into the basin. Her Master stood behind her, grasping her shoulders to steady her, while a young man lingered in the background.

I hate it when this happens, she muttered to herself, trying to force the flow of blood and vomit to stop.

?Jason, get me a cool wet cloth,? her Master ordered back to the young man, never taking her eyes off her apprentice.

The young man disappeared, only to reappear in moments, a damp cloth in his hands. He approached the pair, and gently placed the cloth on the back of his friend?s neck.

Atrus grimaced at the cool touch on her hot neck, but was grateful for it all the same. She couldn?t stop it, and though it annoyed her, she let it go on.

?Narasha, why is Atrus still?.? he paused in his question, his silvery blue/green eyes dark with worry.

Oh no, Jas is worried, again? I really don?t want to be babied, Atrus sighed in her mind.

?You know the damage is extensive, and the healers can only do so much,? Narasha murmured, picking up her distressed Padawan?s thoughts, and still refusing to take her eyes from her suffering apprentice.

?It?s been a year and a half,? Jason said softly, taking the cloth from Atrus?s neck and beginning to wipe her forehead and neck with it.

Don?t remind me, Atrus wanted to say, but relented to her body?s problem for the moment, I?m going to melt my stomach opening shut if I have to keep doing this?

?And the

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Lara Heavlin, Jedi Apprentice, tied her think blonde mass of hair into a tight braid and allowed it to hang over her back. She had to go meet with some group that her Master was dragging her to.

Ian was a caring man, and the only person she truely trusted. But, she did not appreciate going to a place where there would be people she might hurt.

Lara had a curse - others would call it a gift, but she knew it was a curse. She could read minds, and use that emotional energy against them. It could kill if put to the right situation.

And then there was the telekenisis. Things would go flying across the room with out her batting an eyelid. She could rip a building, or person apart with out breaking a sweat.

The problem: she couldn't control either talent. So, she had requested to be kept away from other students. Only Ian managed to keep up high enough sheilds so Lara could not read them. There was no control against her telekinesis though.

Did Ian want every student in the temple to die or end up seriously hurt? That was what might happen.

She felt the walls around her shake, her lamp flickered and her bed quaked dangerously.

"Stop, please....stop!" She pressed all her strength into silencing her gift, she heard her Master rush in adding his efforts to her own. Everything slowly stopped.

"Are you okay?" Ian asked in concern.

"Okay??? I think not!! This is why I don't want to go!"

Ian sat on his Padawan's bed, sighing deeply. "These are people with talents like yours. YOu will learn to control them, that's what you want isn't it?"

Lara knew her Master was right, but was still scared. What if she killed somebody? She could never live with herself.

But, she knew this was her only shot. There was no way around this. "Fine," she gripped. "I'll go."

Ian smiled. "That's the spirit, Padawan."

Lara muttered something incoherent as she left her room, marched out of her quarters and headed to the designated meeting point. Things shaking as she stormed down the hall

3. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Nekia Eyaf sat in the shadows in the corner of the room, next to where Master Yoda sat.

"It's sad that this is needed," she remarked, sighing. "When the old order was disbanded, I would hope that would be the end of it."

"Afraid, I am," Yoda said, hanging his head, "that necessary it has once again become." He looked up, absentmindedly fidgeting with his Gimer stick. "Considering many things, the High Council has been. Curses. Plagues. Prophecies. Afraid, we are, that gaining in strength, the dark side may be. Heard of Qui-gon Jinn, have you?"

"The one who just took a new padawan after having one fall to the dark side? What was his name?"

"Xanatos," Yoda answered, sighing again. "And Qui-gon and his Padawan Kenobi are getting along. But fear, we do, that more Dark Jedi there could be. One of these young padawans has already come into contact with them."

"Oh, right, Aidan."

"Atrus, yes."

"And the only people who know anything will be the High Council, Madame Nu at the archive, and this group here?"

Yoda surveyed the crowd, seeing most of the padawans who were to assemble and some of their masters.

"Yes, just these."

"And this Mickell Redrawn will be here soon?"

Yoda looked at the large chrono over the door. "Yes, soon, I would think."

Nekia sighed. "The secrecy wasn't worth it last time, Master. You dissolved it because we did more harm than good."

Yoda sighed. "The Age of Darkness, it was not then. A Phantom Menace, there now may be. Know, do you, that in the last month we lost two Jedi?"

"I was under the impression that seven had become one with the For--"

"No, Knight Eyaf, mean that I do not. Two Jedi have resigned their posts this month. Killed soon after, one was."

Nekia leaned back against the wall. "That's what, nineteen now?"

"The Lost Nineteen, we call them. And comes, this does, less than two years after the seventeenth left."

"Amar Ti'annaar?"

"And, with us, we have Ti'annaar's son. Chrace."

Nekia reviewed the list of students. "Well, if nothing else, we can't let all this talent go to waste."

"Certainly," Yoda replied, "we cannot."

4. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    So mother was right... he is bringing the order back. Good... I knew Yoda was no fool.

Renan Corte watched the assembled gray-siders, hiding not in the shadows, but within the wall itself. His padawan's ability never ceased to amaze him, and once again it was being put to good use. However, it had to be draining him.

How are you holding up, padawan?

Fine, master. But I must ask, why are we hanging around? Shouldn't we report to mother that Yoda is indeed bringing back the gray order?

She already knows, Lerak.

Then why are we still here?

We are not leaving. For too long, we have hid our powers from our brethren, our fellow Jedi. But the dark side is rising, Lerak. The order will need every Jedi they can get. And that includes us.

So we're going to walk in uninvited, right through the wall, and surprise everyone in there?

Watch, and learn.

Renan stepped out of the wall, his padawan close behind him, and watched as the gray-siders began to to turn and stare at the two men who had just stepped out of the wall.

5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Lara was knocked of her feet by the onset of surprise that had come from a huge group of people. She cursed her 'gift' and rose to her feet, her head ringing with pain. She hadn't been subject to this much telepathic readings at once.

A bench toppled over on it's own and Lara rushed to put it back up. She continued on to the gathering and saw people walking out of a wall.

"Intresting," she said as another bench fell over and she picked it up

6. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    Can't post right now, I'll try later, but if you start the 'meeting' before i post just write my char in or something. :)

7. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000

?Battou, my insolent padawan?we are already late as it is,? Jedi Knight Ralfo Son Tfioz muttered darkly, ?If you do not desist with these foolish superstitions, I?ll drag you the entire way kicking and screaming. The choice is yours.?

Standing inside a turbolift shaft, Ralfo watched his diminutive padawan shudder from behind a pillar.

?Ara, ara! I am greatly sorry, that I am!? Battou stammered in his thick Suikoshriian accent and somewhat lightly-pitched voice, ?But it is unnatural for such a device to carry people so quickly. And without supports!?

Ralfo sighed deeply, as his thick brow creased in frustration. His student came from a very underdeveloped world. When the Republic had ?rediscovered? the civilization descended from a lost and forgotten colony in the Outer Rim, the people had only recently been able to use steam-powered engines, and primitive slug-thrower devices. Accordingly, Battou?s rapid introduction to the high-tech world of Coruscant often left the youth awe-struck at best, but down-right terrified most of the time.

?Padawan, you said almost the exact same thing when we boarded the shuttle to come to here to begin your training,? Ralfo countered smoothly, remembering the occasion well even after the passage of a few months. ?Now come here at once, or I?ll have you assigned to a cleaning-detail roster in the infant section.?

The raven-haired knight only heard the rapid, soft, padding of feet. Ralfo looked to his side to find Battou standing nervously at his side.

?Ara! I will come with you, that I will,? Battou replied, bowing his head vigorously in acquiescence. Ralfo merely grunted and pressed the button to send the turbolift hurtling upward towards the higher levels of the temple.

Standing together in silence, Ralfo spared a moment to reflect on the business of the day. A queer task indeed; for when Ralfo?s mentor in light-saber combat, Master Jinn, had approached him after a day of practice with his padawan, Ralfo had not been expecting what the famous Jedi had asked of him.

He remembered that Master Qui-Gon had gotten quickly to the point. With regards to Battou?s lurid past, Ralfo was supposed to enter him into a new Jedi program designed for user?s with slight tendencies or experiences with the dark side. At the time, Ralfo had readily agreed; he was more aware of the details of his padawan?s past then any of the Council members.

However, then Master Jinn has asked, ?I want you to consider joining the same program.?

The request, though honest and innocent, had hurt Ralfo, or at least his pride. Such a request insinuated that he, Knight Son Tfioz, was at risk to the dark side. Ralfo had spent many nights since in his quarters meditating about himself and his balance within the Force. It was true, his first true test after becoming a Jedi Knight had occurred a little less than a year ago, when he had been sent with a team of Republic ?peace-keepers? to intervene in the civil war that had been raging on Suikoshrii for so many decades. It had been the first time that Ralfo had to kill in order to achieve his mission. He had not reveled in the act, and yet?yet he could not deny that he had tasted satisfaction in delivering justice on Suikoshrii.

Then again, as Ralfo tuned his senses to study his padawan, Battou, he knew that probably more than not, he would be needed in this new group to act as an anchor for the young man. Looking out of the corner of his eye, the tall, handsome knight regarding his strikingly different padawan.

Battou was short and effeminate looking; he wore his red-brown hair in a long pony-tail. This, combined with his rail-thin physique, had often gotten the 16-year old boy confused for the wrong gender, much to Battou?s intense dismay.

And yet?despite Battou?s usually oafish demeanor, Ralfo often sensed something else just beneath the exterior. Most people, when first meeting the strange padawan, often passed him off as nothing more than a backwoods simpleton. How could they not with his strange manner of speaking, ?that I am,

8. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Hayden Towyrae was having the most fun he'd had in ages. His padawan was starting to get angry, and though anger was not of the Jedi, he had to admit that it gave him a sick sense of pleasure. Getting beat at hoopball by her blind Master was a blow to her pride, especially since she was considered to be a fairly good player by her friends (all of whom were watching). No matter, she tended to be too prideful anyway. It would be a good lesson for her.

Plus all the fun of watching her play worse and worse the more frustrated she allowed herself to get.

Using the force, he sensed her coming toward him with the ball. She was shielding so he couldn't sense her next move, but through the force he received a mental image of her. He felt her muscles tense before she was even moving, and moved to intercept her, stealing the ball away in the process.

She groaned loudly and chased him as he ran down the field. He had a huge grin on his face, wishing not for the first time he could make out the details and expressions of a person's face through the force. For now the emotions coming though would have to be enough.

He was close to the scoring zone now, with his padawan on his heels. She was gaining on him, but he was too close. He ran into the scoring zone and added another three points to his score, which signified his win. Anger was pouring off of his padawan, and he could feel the disapproval of the Masters who were watching. He sighed, but shot a grin at his padawan.

She chuckled and put up shields around her mind.

//You should see the look on Master Chiazik's face. I don't think he likes me.//

She sent him the mental image in her mind of the pompous Master. He nearly laughed himself. He took her arm and walked off of the field to the cheers of the few that had been watching the game. When they got out of ear shot of the other Jedi, Hayden stopped them.

"We do need to work on your anger, padawan. I don't think it's as bad as the council makes it out to be, but you do have a temper. Your shields need work too."

Raena nodded, knowing he would sense the action. "I wasn't mad at you, Master. I was playing terribly."

"Not an excuse."

"I know."

There was a comfortable silence for a moment. Suddenly, Hayden sighed. "What time is it, Padawan?"

"Past the fourth hour."

"We were supposed to be there at the fourth hour!"

Raena met her Master's sightless eyes. "Be where?"

"Come on," he said, ignoring her. "Master Yoda hates it when we're late."

Hayden grabbed her wrist so she could guide him through the hallways. He could have done it himself, but it took less time and he was more sure of himself as they jogged together through the Temple hallways.

9. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I had a post then my damn computer kicked me off line...

10. YT-Website

YT-Website Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    Mickell ReDrawn walked into the conference room and was soon ammassed with a mass of feelings from the mass of people who happened to ammass in the room which was being held a conference in a matter of minutes.

Mickell quickly manuevered himself to the middle of the room, and pulled out the last peice of bread. Heh... Im glad I remembered to stop by the kitchen on the way here, oi, Im starving!

"Ah, Knight Mickell, arrived you have." Yoda wabbled up to Mickell.

"Mffle gffter pfft." Mickell swallowed the mouthful of a bread like substance which he had just taken a bite of. "Erm... yeah, and you know, food on public transports is just the tiniest bit worse than food here." Mickell smiled. "Barely managed to survive starvation, or whatever name it has now, alive."

"Usual stay alive if you survive starvation you do." Yoda corrected Mickell's grammar.

"Never good grammar at, I was." Mickell corrected Yoda's grammar.

"Not ready are you to become teacher, I think." Yoda turned, and hobbled away, conceiling a smile.

"Ah, well thats just fine, Ill just fly back to my rock they call a planet, and crawl under it. That is, if I still have enough strength from the lack of food on the flight."

Yoda turned around. "Wit you may have, but digestive problems have you also."

Mickell held back a laugh. "Riiight, and what do YOU lack in skills, eh Master Yoda?"

"Patience." Yoda replied grimly.

Mickell laughed as Yoda walked off.

11. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    Collete held the red lightsaber in her tiny hands.

"Don't watch my movements, feel them."

She nodded in concentration. Then her father lunged at her with her lightsaber and she barely dodged it.

"You're not listening to me Cole, feel the Force, let it guide you. Get angery at me, it will help fuel your power."

It wasn't hard. Collete Varanza was already angery. Well, as angery as a five year old girl could be. It was the same anger she would have if someone stole her favorite stuffed animal. But, it was enough.

She let herself go to the dark side and was prepared. Her father attacked again. She blocked his blow and with her small and meager form she was able to push him back several feet.

Her father looked back with a mix of suprise and pride.

"Good, Collete." He said with a smile.

"Definitely not Good, Collete."

A 16 year old Cole frowned at the stern reprimand she was recieving from her master.

"You don't want everyone to be right do you? Be right that you'll turn over to the dark side?"

Her master, Kuvale Yacapol, asked.

"But, that Jerk deserved it. He got what was coming to him. He messed with me, so I messed with him more."

"What else could I do?"

Collete Varanza got in a fight with one of the padawan boys who thought he was better than everyone else, especially the girls.

She hated chauvanists, and he questioned her ability, so she made him question his, in the infirmary.

Kuvale sighed.

"Oh, I don't know, Cole, maybe you could have walked away."

*But, where's the fun in that?*
    She thought silently.

"Yes, Master."

Her Master shook his head.

"Please consider it Collete, I don't want to lose you."

Cole smiled,

"You won't."

Then she realized the time.

"I gotta Go!"

Before her master could reply she was gone and out the door.

Cole had a meeting with Yoda and some other people and she was relatively late.

Well, it's always preferable to make a good entrance than to be early, she always said.

She arrived at the meeting area.

Cole opened the door and Yoda was at the center of the room talking to someone she didn't know. But, it wasn't like she knew that many people.

Odd group. There were two people that everyone seemed to take interest in for some reason, who were standing near the wall.

They didn't seem all that interesting to her.

She sat down next to a girl on a bench who looked relatively unhappy to be there. She seemed even less thrilled to have Cole sitting next to her, but Cole wasn't moving.

12. Drunk_on_Tang

Jul 21, 2002
    Renan watched as his padawan's eyes darted back and forth, trying to watch all the Jedi in the room. Everyone is staring at us, master.

What did you expect? People tend to notice when people walk out of walls.

I hate being the center of attention. I cant keep track of everyone if they're all looking at me.

Calm down padawan. Stop treating everyone like they want to kill you. Renan watched as a man he recognized from their briefing walked up to the two of them. Look, here comes one of the teachers. Try not to kill him, ok?

13. YT-Website

Mar 20, 2002
    Mickell stuffed the rest of the bread into his mouth whole. Agh! This stuff is terrible! How was I eating it like this before? Oh well... He forced himself to swallow the rest of it, and almost gagged. He then noticed he had been walking around the room. He looked up and noticed he had just walked up to a Master and Apprentice standing rather close to a wall. Umm... I hope they didnt see that...

"Erm, hey, Im Mickell ReDrawn, Ill be your teacher for... however long..." Mickell said to cover up the prior event.

14. Drunk_on_Tang

Jul 21, 2002
    "Hello, I am Renan Corte. While we were not invited, I am a master of the gray-side in my own right. And this is my padawan, Lerak Ketan," Renan greeted Mickell as he took his hand.

Padawan, say hello.

"Hello, Master Mickell," Lerak replied, his eyes still glancing around nervously.

Master, can I just go back inside the wall?

15. YT-Website

Mar 20, 2002
    Mickell stared forward.

"Um... He did that on purpose, right?" Mickell commented as Lerak melted into the wall.

16. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000

Once inside, Ralfo was at first taken aback by the sheer number of Jedi and padawans present. He had been inclined to believe that perhaps half the number would be present. Still, this mild surprise was quickly surpased.

Ralfo first noticed the padawan who packed up against the wall...and then proceeded to meld through the solid material and disappear behind it. Scanning around the room, he noticed several other beings who seemed to possess abnormal Force powers, such as the girl who seemed able to flip over benches with little more tha a thought.

The black-haired knight pondered this new turn of events. He knew his padawan possessed the ability to move at very fast speeds. So far, his padawan could match the speed of a well-trained knight, but Ralfo believed that with proper training, Battou could acheive even faster speeds. Perhaps such an ability was akin to what these other knights and padawans possessed?

But then again, Ralfo thought to himself, what about me? I don't have any unusal power...why am I here?

A few seconds later, Ralfo spied Master Yoda and Master Qui-Gon, standing back against the wall. Nodding firmly, Ralfo knew what he had to do. Surely Master Qui-Gon could tell him what the meaning of this meeting was?

"Come with me, Battou, we're..." Ralfo looked down to where he expected his padawan to be, but the short red-haired boy had vanished completely. Oh Force no! Ralfo thought furiously, Not again, not now!

Looking up quickly, but trying to hide his anxiety from both his face and his thoughts, Ralfo began to search the room with both his eyes and the Force. But already the knight knew how futile such a search would be. In a room so full of other force-users, finding his padawan by any means other than sight would be impossible.

Battou, may the Force and whatever gods you believe in be ever so merciful when I find you, Ralfo thought to himself, Shards! Where could he be?

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    OCC: Stop me if I'm not the one your referring to, OMOP

IC:

Lara could feel the girls resolve, and her curiousity, and several other emotions that were beginning to give her a slight headache. Ergh! Why couldn't she see that she needed to be alone!

The bench started to shake and the floor started moving, the other girl jumped off in surprised. Lara gripped the edges of the bench as it slowly started to levetate off the floor.

This should make Master Ian see things my way Lara sensed what was coing next, she jumped off the bench and allowed it go flying into the wall, barely missing the doorway of the conferance room.

The other girl looked down on her. The question in her mind, screaming through Lara's like an explosion. She threw her hands over her ears.

"Think quietly! PLEASE!!"

18. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    I was.. :)

Well, that wasn't exactly what Cole was expecting to happen. The girl was grasping her head in pain.

"Think quietly! PLEASE!!"

Collete frowned.

"That's a difficult request... Kind of hard to stop thinking..."

*Stop thinking Cole, stop thinking Cole, stop thinking Cole* She thought to herself repeatedly.

"Nope, not working." Cole sighed.

She looked at the other girl,

"Well, it's apparent you don't want me here, and I don't preticularly feel like having a bench launched at my head, well...not today anyway.. So I'm gonna leave and sit somewhere else" She smirked.

Cole walked over to a seat across the room and silently watched everyone else as they settled in for the meeting.

19. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Meanwhile, while his Master searched futilely for his padawan, the apprentice in question was padding quietly through the room taking in all the new and amazing sights.

Battou marveled once again at how strange and bizarre the outside world could be. Although he was still shorter than most people on his home planet, here at the temple, beings seemed to tower over him! At least his diminutive stature prevented most beings from taking much note of him. So far whenever a being had tried to talk to him, they had always become confused by his strange turns of speech and odd behavior. It always left Battou feeling like he had made some sort of mistake. He began to make his way towards one of the walls in order to get out of the way of so many beings.

Suddenly, his well developed sense of hearing gave him warning, and Battou ducked into a tight somersault roll. Behind him, where he had just been standing, a large bench slammed against the wall. Battou instantly blanched and began to tremble.

"Ara, ara!" he whimpered in his native tongue, "What a scary place this is! Master never told me that the furniture could attack people! I should never have agreed to this, that I should not have!"

Looking around desperately for someplace to hide, he suddenly fixed his eyes on a strange blond-haired girl who appeared to be in great pain by the way she grasped her head.

"Iezo Kamsaa! That devil-bench must have attacked that poor girl! I should make sure she isn't gravely injured, that I should!"

Running quickly, in the manner he had been taught back on Suikoshrii, Battou rushed to the girl's side. She seemed to be calming down, but as he tried to think of the proper greeting, she suddenly was seized in a new bout of pain.

"Quiet!" She whispered intensely, "Your thoughts?! Pease, quiet!"

?Udu?? Battou took a step backwards in surprise, ?Ah?ara! Are you possessed by a demon? Have you seen the local priest? Sometimes they can help dispel evil spirits??

?No! Your thoughts?in my head!?

?Ah-ara, uh, gom asaiento!? Battou bowed low in apology. Could his thoughts really be causing this girl so much pain? Battou considered for a moment that he could try and slip himself into a meditative trance like his Master Ralfo had taught him, but he didn?t think that would be a very good idea. ?Good-bye miss, I am very sorry I cannot help you, that I am! I will go now, that I will!?

Battou hoped he hadn?t been too rude to the poor demon-possessed girl, but she was really starting to scare him! Rotating on his heels, the short, red-headed boy zipped off to another side of the room, where he stopped to catch his breath. Surely these Jedi were a bizarre group of people, that they were! It was only then that the skittish Battou noticed another girl who had black hair with a streak of white in the front. She was sitting off to one side, staring at him.

?Ara!? Battou exclaimed as he whirled around to face the other girl, his eyes wide with surprise, ?Are you demon-possessed as well?!?

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    "I'm not demon possessed!" The two others snapped their heads toward me as I picked myself up off of the floor. The alien's fear was shooting at her in pain waves. It was starting to get out of control.

Lara, don't let it get out of control. You can't have anypne dying because of this damn curse!

The fear became to much to bear, and she could feel the power that could kill this guy. The confusion of the girl added to it, and she could feel the floor start to shake.

Lara cursed and threw her hands on the floor. "Stop shaking!" The floor did not seem to want to listen to her...what was she supposed to do.

Breathe, Heavlin, Just breathe!

Lara did just that, she breathed. She allowed to calm to move through her. The floor stopped shaking, leaving nothing but small cracks in the tile. Lara gathered the Force around her to keep the other's thoughts from causing her so much pain.

When the pain had lessened. She rose to her feet and walked carefully to them. SHe had to explain. "It's this...thing I can do." I hung my head. "I can...move things, even pull people apart supposidly." They cringed and Lara looked at her feet, to conceal the pain in her face as she felt their horror.

"And..." she began I can. "I can read minds, there's probably something bad that could happen with that to. You've probably never seen me around because I choose to stay away from others. Since...well, I..."

I took a deep breath, as the girl urged me to finish.

"I can't control them."

21. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    "Because you haven't really tried. You've avoided the problem admirably, but you have to face it to control it, and it may destroy something within in return, but better you then other people I suppose," Atrus said darkly, having noticed the procedings quietly for a while.

Twirling her hand, a ball of flame engulfed it, "This is something I can control, but in return I've had to pay a price. I could easilly destroy this room before the next person could take a breath, and every person but myself within it, I've done it before," she tried to shut the echoing screams of the ones she had killed from her mind, "No power given by the Gray is uncontrollable, unpredictable yes, but not unmasterable. I know not what you could do at present to control such a gift or curse, which ever you prefer, but there will come a time when you will."

She turned away, estinguishing the flame as she did, forcing back the tears at feeling the Gray again. A year had past since she had touched it, truely worked it, and it hurt.

"Easy, Aty," Jason soothed, glancing back at the three, before turning to his friend.

"Ignore me, Jas. The past must be dealt with alone," Atrus sighed, glancing around the room.

This was a strange group, she had to admit that. She herself couldn't see why Master Yoda had asked her to come, she was too dark for this...

It'll only be a matter of time before I fall again, why try to save the dying? she sighed softly.

Because even the dying deserve a chance, Enovan sent.

Turning, Atrus locked eyes with the gray eyed vampire across the room as he approached the scene she was leaving.

How? she sent.

Your thoughts are easily detechable from here, and I think you are giving her a massive migraine. Put up your stronger shields, Enovan sighed.

Then he turned to Lara, "Perhaps there would be a way to build stronger shields around your mind so you won't pick up other people's emotions as strongly?" He grimaced slightly mentally at what he was offering, "I can possibly help, I have a bit of an undesirable trait that may prove to be useful."

22. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Ardinel Praise stopped at the threshold of the room. Inside, he saw Master Yoda, an older lady, several padawans and their masters, and various form of chaos reigning over their conversations.

He would have turned around and walked off if his own master, Sondara Ealocin, hadn't been right behind him. As if to remind him of that point, she stopped just short of running into him, and he could feel her behind him.

"Come on, really, Mistress, do I have to?"

"Arden, tell me something." Arden didn't look around, but listened to Sondara's voice. "Is there indeed something you can do that I can't?" Arden knew the answer; he raised his hand and snapped his fingers together, pressing the thumb between the middle and ring fingers and then popping it back. A bright spark jumped from his fingers and fizzled. He did it again, and a small flame erupted and hovered, seemingly in midair, over his palm. He finally closed his fingers around the flame, and it died. He heard Ealocin again. "And you know that's something you have to master, or your connection to the Force could be strained. I can't help you; you need this group."

Arden sighed. "Yeah, but look at them!"

Off to the side, he heard more footsteps. Another master was prodding his padawan forward. The other, a dark-haired, grey-eyed boy similar to his own age and shape, stopped at the threshold, surveying the situation.

Fallon Anasazi opened his mouth, hesitated, then finally said, "Oh, yeah, this'll be fun."

Arden smiled. "Maybe I'll find somebody to talk to," he said, and walked on in.

23. Drunk_on_Tang

Jul 21, 2002
    Renan watched the girl and the vampire converse. He truly felt sorry for the girl. He remembered when he was young, his fear of his gray power. He too had tried to supress it... but eventually, he had to learn to control it.

He picked a cracked peice of tile of the floor, charging it with energy. By releasing the glowing piece of tile, he could easily kill many Jedi. The same way he had killed his brother on accident as a child...

Renan sighed, bleeding the energy from the tile. This gray order would help people like the girl, so they would not have to feel fear again... and help to perfect the powers of those who had already been trained... he knew that he himself, while well-versed in the gray side, was not at the epitome of his power. His padawan and he would benefit from this order.

Padawan, come on out. These people will be your friends and your allies. You will have to face them sooner or later- you might as well do it now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lerak Ketan stepped out of the wall, his eyes darting back and forth among the many Jedi.

So many strange people... how would he ever get along with any of them?

You are as strange as any of them, padawan.

Me? Strange?

Anyone who can and does walk in and out of walls frequently can be classified as strange, don't you think?

24. YT-Website

Mar 20, 2002
    Hey I just got a PM from Ornen saying this:

Hey, this is Ornen from Big Brother. I have decided to simply PM whoever posted most recently in the RS topic, as it'd be inconvenient to always PM Neon Star, as she probably can't be on all the time.

Also, before I start writing, I need to do some planning for later on. My character is from a recently discovered planet, and about a year ago was brought to the Jedi Temple. However, he was too old, and was supposed to return to his home planet (D'jiin'thok), but a Dark Jedi came to him and, it's one year later, and Jirdaan (my character) has been through a year of training under his dark master. His master could be some random Dark Jedi, but it might be possible to make the Dark Jedi the same one that tortured Atrus, but I haven't read any other NooG stories and do not know much about this person, and it might not be possible to make them the same person.

I need my character to eventually return to the Light Side, and have noticed a couple character's that would be well suited for this. Both Vilanyo Vinino (freak-pudding) and Lara Heavlin (Arwen-Jade_Kenobi) have powers that would work well. His home planet has some valuable resource found on it, and various criminal organizations have begun to wage conflict over the planet's resources, thus resulting in a civil war. My character is going to have felt the deaths of his friends and family over the time that he's been gone, and he ignores this as well as he can. However, when either Vilanyo or Lara (it doesn't really matter which) use their power on him, he suddenly becomes depressed and is essentially rendered incapable of battle.

Sometime slightly previously it might help if someone (preferably a friend of Vilanyo/Lara) would volunteer for a role as someone whom I essentially 'kill' by 'temporary soul removal' or something like that (my power's necromancy), but bring back from death, which would prevent Vilanyo/Lara from killing me (before I bring the friend back they don't kill me because I'm the only one who can bring him/her back, and afterwards they won't kill me because I brought him/her back). I then get dragged away for interrogation with some very mean people, but am able to get out a single message using the force; 'You owe me.' (to Vilanyo/Lara) Vilanyo/Lara essentially comes after me, and finds me before the interrogators get around to killing me, but not before they leave some wounds that won't go away. (removal of limbs, anyone? ) My character's forced to stay in a medical facility for a few days, at which point Vilanyo/Lara could either stay with me (It'd be rotten if ya didn't; you'd be the only person in the galaxy that he knows! ) or they could go and wait for me to chase after Vilanyo/Lara.

At this point an optional romance could unfold.

Dunno, whadda ya'll think? I'll try to get some writing done soon.

25. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    As usual, Chrace was late. Too late, he thought.
    He well remembered his Master?s voice : "You?ll have to speed up a bit, or you?ll never get to the right place at the right time !" Now, his Master, Amosukaly Ratole, was away, on a secret mission, so he was on his own.

He would?ve been here earlier - but this part of the Jedi Temple complex was relatively new to him, that?s why he had to ask for the way. Unfortunately, he asked that protocol droid with the insectoid head, which could explain the way - but only in such a complicated way that Chrace?s head still didn?t get it. He even wondered how he managed to come here with the "help" of this protocol droid ...

Before he entered the room, he sensed several living beings. Such an odd party - he didn?t remember having met people with such strange signatures before. He could count them, but he was too lazy for it.

He entered the room, and sensed around a bit. Soon he found Master Yoda?s signature, strong as ever, and he liked him. He was such a kind Master, and had a deep knowledge of nature. He liked that.

He felt several things. Emotions. Emotion was part of every living being he know, so he could sense it. Some of the people were just shy oners, others almost frightened (he didn?t understand why), and others more or less calm. He thought it would be interesting to get to know some of them better. But where should he start ... ?

Going with one hand through his short, brownish hair, he looked for a place to sit down, far away from the rest of the group, if possible. He feared the others would call him a "little boy", because he looked indeed younger than he actually was - and he was smaller than the average Jedi or Padawan.

He found a bench to sit down, and felt content. He wondered if everybody had arrived now (because he was usually the last), and when Yoda would begin his speech...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.