main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Rising Shadows: Training the Soul (Temp title, prequel Gray, Here we go!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neon Star, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
  2. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
  3. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    Lerak watched one of the late arrivals, a young boy with brownish hair, enter the room and sit down a bench, away from the main body of the group.

So someone other than me thinks that these people are all a bunch of freaks...

At first glance, the boy seemed younger than the rest of the attendees... but for some reason, he seemed older than he looked. But he would never know unless he talked to him.

Lerak turned to walk across the room to the bench where the boy sat, but then thought of a better idea.

Let's see how he reacts to unusual circumstances...

Taking three steps backward, Lerak stepped back into the wall, and began to walk around to the bench where the boy sat. Within minutes, he had manuevered himself around to the a section of the wall directly behind the boy. Taking a deep breath and releasing it, Lerak stepped out of the wall, and sat down on the bench next to the boy.

"Hello," Lerak greeted the boy. "I'm Lerak. What's your name?"

4. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    nothing like popping out of a wall to get the measure of someone's surpriseability

5. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Fallon Anasazi jumped, rather noticably, but managed not to yell in surprise as another boy somehow... walked through the wall next to him.

A bright light flashed outside the windows, and padawans immediately turned around to look. This was Coruscant, for Force's sake, so artificialized that storms could be scheduled, and now there was lightning out of the clear blue sky?

It disappeared after the first flash. Anasazi recovered from his surprise. A faint rolling of thunder echoed from the blot outside.

"Hi," he said, steadying himself. He had tried not to look like a freak with the lightning, but it had been scared out of him. At least, he thought to himself, as he looked at the boy who had just come through the wall, I'm not the only weird one here. "I'm Fallon."

"My name's Lerak," said the other, smiling as he watched the other padawans still looking around the window from wherever the lightning came from. Fallon thought that Lerak had maybe introduced himself already... probably while he was too busy trying to keep the lightning under control. No harm in repeating it, he supposed.

Fallon smiled. "I guess we can both see why the other is here."

"Yeah, I guess so."

6. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    yay, new friends?

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    OCc: Sorry it took me so long. Just looking for a place to jump in

IC:

Lara sighed, knowing that what was said was the truth. She sunk to her seat on the bench, discouraged

8. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    We will be starting this meeting soon, once a few more things clear up.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*

Enovan sat down beside Lara, careful not to come too close, his mind well shielded and shadowed. He could sense her discouragment, and deep within he felt he should give some hope.

"You will learn in time. We all must. Even I, who have known of my curse since birth, I do not have full control over it, yet. So you are not alone in your confusion of it," he said, a faint smiling weaving over his lips.

9. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Note: Everybody go to the planning thread in the WR. It's still called 'Recruiting for RR/RPG', but hopefully Neon Star will change that sometime soon.

10. Anika Skywalker

Anika Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2000
    I shall bestow my blessing upon this story. May it last as long and even longer than the last one did! MTFBWY! :) :) :)

kjb

11. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
  12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    I nodded slowly. "At least I can take comfort in that aspect. Though, I can't seem to."

I felt the bench start to move again, I stilled my mind in an effort to stop it before things started to fly across the room

13. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    Chrace was glancing around. Yes, this was an interesting bunch of people. He didn't even recognize some of the species there.

He noticed some of them behaving very strange ... like the one who suddenly popped out of a wall. "What ?" he thought "This is possible !?" He was surprised.

He sensed around. There were some very different signatures around here - life in it's most extreme form (measured at the special abilities they seemed to have - at least this was a group of grey Jedi here).

14. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    Chrace let his thoughts wander. When would the whole group be called ? When would everybody be asked to introduce himself or herself ? What would the others think of him, being the son of someone who had left the Jedi Order ?

Yes, his father ... He knew why he had left. Amar Ti'annar had explained his whole reasons in a kind of philosophical discourse to his son. Chrace even managed to understand him.

In short, Amar Ti'annar's opinion was that the Force was the Essence of Life - in itself. That was his opinion made up in a long-time philosophizing. He didn't believe that much in a "Cosmic Force", although he had to admit that it seemingly existed. But he believed rather in what Qui-Gon Jinn had once called the "Living Force" - maybe because he was more sensitive to it - an ability that seemed to have been inherited by his son - and thus followed its call. He could sense its call anywhere nature resided - like his son did.

But even more - he believed what made up a true Jedi was the Love for Nature - for all beings, existence of Life in itself ... and only hatred was able to destroy Life. Therefore, high respect and admiration for Nature was an essential part of being a Jedi, he had always said.

Amar Ti?annar had grown up in a society that was well aware of the fact that people could not live without nature. That simply was because of the fact that they lived in a thick jungle, with few resources and little technical tools. They had lived more or less isolated for centuries. He well understood the Ithorians, for they were of the same kind than their community was, only another species located on another planet.

This planet had beeen discovered some centuries ago, but still had seen only little space-travelers or merchants (most of them being Ithorians) due to the lack of interesting resources. That was why his community had remained isolated for so long.

High respect and admiration for Nature had been an essential part of his life - and he could feel the Force flow through Nature. As an result, he believed in the Force being a part of Nature and Nature being a part of the Force. There seemed to him no border between the two.

Love for Nature was also worshipping the Force - that?s why he couldn?t understand the Dark Side. In his view, the Dark Side consisted of hatred against Nature, against Life in general.

But the breaking point - the point which drove Amar Ti?annar out of the Jedi Order - was the Love itself. In a long philosophical discourse he had had with the rest of the small group of Jedi Philosophers, he had more and more the feeling that Love in itself was the highest principle the Force could provide - because it meant preservation of living beings, of Nature in general, and in the End of the Force itself.

But with that, he clearly violated the Core of the Jedi Rules:

There is no emotion, there is peace
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
    There is no passion, there is serenity
    There is no death, there is the Force

These rules indeed forbid a Jedi to have feelings. Except mercy, maybe, or compassion.

He had allowed himself to follow the chosen path, he had allowed himself to feel emotions.

With that, he came to the conclusion, that Intuition was a kind of emotion, too.

He allowed himself emotions, he allowed himself to feel Love. Love for a woman. He fell in love with her, and felt she loved him, too. They decided to marry, which was clearly against the Jedi Code. That was why he left.

He felt his chosen path - the call of the Living Force and Love as the highest principle of the Living Force - to be stronger than the Jedi code - and left. Left the Jedi Order.

And left his friends alone in the Jedi Order.

Chrace, however, managed to understand his father. He knew the need for nature - it was at least Nature, which produced many of the resources - and he felt the Force flowing through Nature, him being a part of it.

That was why he had been called to this group of Grey Jedi : They actually needed someone to trace people down, and he was

15. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    Cole watched with disinterest as the others were trying to help the other girl with her overpowering telepathy.

The guy that asked her if she was demon-possessed amused her somewhat, he must have been from a planet that didn't have much knowledge of the force or something like that.

We'll, she supposed that being demon-possessed wasn't really that far from the truth. She had demons, figuratively. She had a cloud that surrounded her and her past and what everyone suspected she would become.

Collete tried to ignore it, but she had heard the people whisper to each other and giving questioning looks as Cole walked by in the Temple, she wasn't blind and she knew what they thought...

Cole was the spawn of a Dark Jedi and she was already tainted having him as a father, let alone having been raised learning the Dark Side up until she was 6 year old, and they thought that only one little push would send her off the deep end.

She hoped it wasn't true, Cole didn't want to be evil. Did she?

Collete shook the thought out of her head, no of course she didn't want to be evil. But, the thought that maybe she wanted to be dark, just like her father, still lingered in her mind.

She shifted her thoughts to the present.

When was this meeting going to start? Cole was getting impatient. She brushed a white strand of hair out of her face and looked around.

Everyone here seemed to have some special power that they drew from the force, maybe that was why they where here.

Cole had two powers, one she'd had all her life, the other she had just discovered a few months ago.

First, she was extraordinarily strong, she had the combined strength as 5 large men. It was kind of funny that her form made her appear helpless, she didn't even have any noticible muscle, really. She looked weak and helpless. This appearance helped her in many situations, the element of suprise was always an advantage.

She felt her second power was much more interesting. She could teleport herself across short distances. Cole had never really tried long distances, because she might reappear inside an object and that...would hurt...she suspected.

Collete sighed, was unbelivably bored.

She decided to move somewhere else away from the group of people.

Cole chose a wall across the room. She leaned against it and waited for the meeting to begin.

She spotted a man near her on a bench, he appeared to be thinking intensely about something. He glanced at her as she had walked over to the wall.

Collete gave an unthusiastic smile aknowledging him, when he looked at her.

<Tag AlrikFassbauer>

16. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    Chrace couldn't resist. Somehow the Jester in him was taking over, so he smiled at her, standing up.

He strolled to her, finally asking : "Hello. I'm Chrace Ti'annar. I've seen you leaning on that wall. Are you another one who can go into walls ?"

17. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    Collete smirked at the question.

"Nope, can't meld through walls, the last time I checked. But, I can certainly get past them without a problem."

Cole put out her hand to him deciding to be civil, unlike usual.

"Hi Chrace, my name's Collete Veranza."

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    The bench finally stopped moving and Lara rose to her feet. Hopfully things would be safer that way.

"Is there anyway I can stop all their thoughts from hitting meas soon as I walk into that room?" she asks

19. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    Chrace smiled and took her hand. Hello, I'm Chrace Ti'annar ! And believe me, I've just seen someone coming out of a wall here - a few minutes ago !"

20. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Enovan looked at his companion, studing her reactions as only a vampire could. After a few moments, he finally spoke up.

"Well, there are three ideas. Beg everyone to put up their strongest mental shields and hope that will do for now, or truely seal your mind from everyone elses, or I may be able to build a shield that will filter their thoughts from your mind, but I doubt you would wish me in your mind, few people trust those of my kind, and I know not how long it will last," he said to Lara.

21. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    Cole nodded at Chrace.

"So, that's why everyone was looking oddly at those two guys near the wall when I came in."

She glanced down at thier hand shake and smiled as she tightend her grip on his hand revealing a hand shake that would normally come from a large male body builder, but she made sure that it was not enough to hurt him, that wasn't her goal.

It was just to prove the point that she wasn't quite normal.

Collete continued.

"I suppose that's why we are here. We're all freaks of some way shape or form."

22. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Lara puzzled over that, she wasn't really the begging type. Asking politely she could do. "i really don't undestand what you mean by 'you kind' but, because of what you said of it not lasting. I think I'll go with asking everybody to throw shields up."

I stood up and sat back down again. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go interrupt the girl who had spoken to me previously from her conversation

23. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
  24. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    Chrace noticed some strength in her handshake.

Well, strength was rather an understatement.

Collete was surely stronger than he would ever be, he noticed. He had some troubles to withstand the pressure of her hands, but he also noticed that with her strength, he thought, she easily could have smashed his hands. So this was some kind of message to show him the reason why she was here. Chrace nodded.

"Yes, you are right. We are some kind of freaks here - even compared to Jedi." He smiled.

Then he decided to just stand beside her, for the reason to regain the overview over the whole room again, and just because he was too lazy to walk back to "his" bench again.

He looked around to get an impression of the whole room.

The Room was grey at its base, but the walls turned slowly blue when his look went to the ceiling. Directly under the ceiling, a golden figurative ornamentation was to be seen. Seemingly, it consisted of animals, plants, and people holding some kind of blades. Lightsabres, maybe.

The benches were arranged in two wide circles, one coloured grey-blue as well, and the other one running at the same level, but coloured in different colours, red, yellow, green, and so on. He guessed this colour pattern was designed to help the eyes spotting a certain person on a bench.

He noticed Yoda somewhere over there, and some other older persons standing around him.

25. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    Cole smiled at his response, as well as his reaction to her display of strength.

She looked around. She was growing impatient.

"Is this thing going to start or what?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.