main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Riverport (Richmond) Silvercity Line-Up

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by t0rg0, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chill

Chill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    oh and for those of you that are planning to go to riverport and who care about dlp, like i do, go down now and buy your tix, it at least reserves you a seat. Then when we find out for sure that riverport is getting dlp, the guy said they'll have no problem exchanging the tix for you. just go early so you have time to exchange and so you can beat the crowd.

2. ITHORiANjanitor

ITHORiANjanitor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    wow...this is so rediculous it inspired me to stop lurking...So you're serious that there are NO 12:01 shows? Man oh man...I guess I'll head on down to Riverport today and pick up some tix, but Im also gonna try and hook up tickets at Granville for the 12:01 showing...makes me regret not hedging my bets about a week ago when I could've gotten my friend to get me Granville tix...but NOOO, I said, "I'll wait on famous players, they're definitely gonna have a showing at midnight." Geez.

Chill, when you were down there, had they sold a lot of tickets yet? Most likely not, I guess...not too many people know about them going on sale, methinks. Makes me think they were purposely giving people the run around to avoid having people camping out. Other people, and my bro, were told face to face, that the tix would go on sale on thursday. THURSDAY. BEING THE 9th of MAY. Oh well I guess I wont have to call in sick for work tomorrow...what a joke.

3. t0rg0

t0rg0 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    I was at Granville 7 today, bought 8 tickets.
    They said they had over 300 seats still available for the 12:01am showing.

I'm just gonna wait for solid news on the digital showing at Silver City.

So I guess that's that...

4. Chill

May 2, 2002
    no i don't think they sold alot at riverport yet. and i agree with your theory that they gave people the run around to avoid line ups. i think that's exactly what happened and it worked.

5. ITHORiANjanitor

May 2, 2002
    hehe let the bitterness commence. GO TO HELL FAMOUS PLAYERS!!!!

Bah. Im heading out now I think...Oh well its a nice day, Im gonna get out of the house and play some hockey. It'd be a shame to waste a nice day like today spending the entire time indoors stressing about some stupid theatre company that cant get its act together. Whats done is done I guess.

Granville is the place to be...

6. Chill

May 2, 2002
    i wouldn't be too hard on famous players. they are selling a week in advance like they said, and like back in 99. actually they're selling 8 days in advance. also cinplex did the same thing. they kept saying we don't know, we don't know, and without a word they started selling. as for the dlp thing, lots of theatre across north america don't have a finalized deal yet. even the official star wars site says a finalized list won't be available due to deals are still be made (or something like that).

7. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    I GOT MY TIXS!!!
    Im going to the first showing at Langley Coloussus @ 1200noon by myself :)
    Then im going again at 1035 pm with my buddies!!! I CANT WAIT!!!
    And only one theatre is showing AOTC... why?? According to FamousPlayers... they dont think it will be that popular... I never laughed so hard!!! And there is NO 1201 am showing... and they are only selling tixs for the 16th... nothing yet for the 17th....
    OH WELL IM HAPPY!!!

8. Chill

May 2, 2002
    i think they only have one guaranteed print now, but expect more later. i think the ticket jocky that said it isn't going to be popular is just trying to be funny.
    the same situation over at riverport. they're only selling for cinema 1 now to satisfy the very demanding group of hardcore fans who keep phoning.

9. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Wonder if we might get a 1201 showing then?? When do you think the 17th will go on sale? Anyways... talk to you all in a bit... Im having a nap now!

10. ITHORiANjanitor

May 2, 2002
    guess you're right about being too hard on them...its just frustrating to get the gears on something like this. Ah well, I got my tix for the 12:00 noon show anyways, and Im probably gonna head out tonight and try to snag tickets for the 12:01 show at Granville...Its not the actual employees fault anyways, I wouldn't take out my frustrations on them. If I could talk to a higher up making the decisions though...

11. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Patience my young apprentice...
    It may be possible that SilverCity may have a 1201 showing... like Chill said they will have it showing on more than one screen... so you never know...
    But if you must... buy your ticket at Granville... help them you can but...destroy everything that you have learnt! :)
    Actually... Im with you... I might buy a ticket to see on Granville... :)

12. JediMasterTravis

JediMasterTravis Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Why is everyone so obsessed with Silver City. I much prefer the Cineplex Odeons Grande Cinema. It may not have dlp or whatever but the theaters are nicer than even Silver Cities. At least their seats recline and are bigger. And at least they have a 12:01 showings. That a full 12 hours before any Silver City is going to show AOTC. Does it really matter if you see it in DLP right away? I'll see it there the next day if I must. But then again quality control has never been an issue of mine. And I always support the underdogs. JMT

13. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Strawberry Hill People! I was looking for information this morning at FP and I just got completely fed up. The entire organization can't get their stories straight! This afternoon I went to strawberry hill and got my tickets for the 12:01 am show. No line, no hassle, you can just buy them. Strawberry hill has stadium seating, is cheaper, and sells coke products which just happens to be a bonus for me, a sprite lover. When i went at 3pm this afternoon, they still had more than 300 seats left for the midnight show! and tickets have been on sale since last friday! Im guessing not many people know about this place. In short, Strawberry good, FP bad. I know a lot of us would rather hold our breaths for DLP, but Riverport seems to be more screwed up than the rest of them. I plan on seeing DLP at some time but its the mood and atmosphere of the first show I'm looking for! So I put out the call to all Vancouver Fan Forcers! I have seen the light, and it is Strawberry Hill!!! You can talk to HUMANS on the phone, the first thing the recording will tell you is the DIRECT OFFICE LINE! Ask them urself and they'll tell you they have many seats left. I think it will be great if we all show up at midnight there, it will be tonnes of fun, and no more of the stress. There is nothing greater, after the countless calls, expensive car and bus trips, and misinformation, than the feeling of holding that sweet, sweet piece of paper in your hand!!! Go now! and may the force be with you!!!!

P.S. While the granville may be closer and still has tickets, i think that the seating there SUCKS. Ive been to several movies where ive had to prop myself up on several jackets to see half the screen, strawberry has stadium seating like a silvercity, nuff said

14. ImperialDrone1138

ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Well I have to say, I am a little disappointed in FP for dropping the ball on this one. I deeply wanted to campout, or at the least, go to a 12:01 showing at Riverport. This would continue the tradition started with Episode I, however as everyone knows by now, there will be no 12:01 showing at riverport as well as no campout. Ah well. I still got tickets to the 12 Noon show there but I also got tickets to Strawberry Hill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.