main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Riverside Lightsaber Group?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by John-Michael, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John-Michael

John-Michael Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2010
    Yep, I heard about the Orange County Saber Society, the SoCal Saber Guild, the Los Angeles Jedi, The New Jersey Jedi, and the New York Jedi.

I live in Riverside, near Corona, right off the 91 freeway. It would take me about an hour each way to drive to Orange, Anaheim, Tustin or wherever else these people meet -- and that's presuming there's no traffic on the 91 freeway. As luck would have it, these groups usually meet right around rush hour or shortly thereafter.

So, I'd like to find a group that's a lot closer to where I live. Does anyone know of such a local group, and more importantly, how I can possibly join them?

As an alternative, if no such group exists, would any of you be interested in forming one? Our group would probably do things differently than the aforementioned groups, but would essentially meet for the purpose of working out choreographed lightsaber routines.

Anyone?

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Well hello John, glad you stopped by! We are that group you're looking for, as we're an active fan group that participates in many public events throughout the year as well as group get togethers for lunch dinner movies etc. If you click onto our photo album link above, you can see all the pics from past events dating back to 2006.

Things are about to get super busy within the next few months through fall, so make sure to check us out often and don't miss out on all the festivities! If you would click the INLAND EMPIRE FF MEMBERS - ROLL CALL link and tell us a little about yourself so we can all meet you, that would be great. Hope to see you around. :)

3. John-Michael

Nov 17, 2010
    Thanks for the reply and information, Mr. President/Minister, Sir!

I posted in the Roll Call thread and got quite a few internet-warm welcomes! :)

I checked out the slideshow and this is definitely the group I'd like to join!

Do you guys have specific lightsaber and/or Star Wars roleplaying game events?

4. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    As far as the role play or saber events, that's not something we mainly do but if any IEFF member wanted to do that say with another group we don't cross group discriminate, as we've had member be part of several groups. We just happen to think we're the best and most active <----(nice plug huh?) You can let the folks know what you've got and the ones who want to join you for any particular event are more than welcome! :D

5. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    I have been known to swing a saber from... time to time

6. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Swing it baby...swing it!!!:eek:

7. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
  8. feltak

feltak Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005
    I live in Corona off the 91, and would be interested in something like this.

Rocky

9. John-Michael

Nov 17, 2010
    Hey Rocky!

Thanks for showing some interest in an Inland Empire lightsaber stunt choreography team! Can you PM me your email address?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.