main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Business Cards & flyers

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Oct 26, 2010.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Since we're out of business cards and 1/4 page flyers, FanForced and I decided to do a redesign of the flyer to include the FB page link and use some photos from RMFF events. Here is what we came up with.

[​IMG]

We had 100 of them made, so we printed 25 sheets and had them cut at FedEx Office. It cost $36.66, Nerfherders, so if we coudl get reimbursed for that, that'd be great.

Should we get more printed up for the Hauntings at the Hangar and future events?

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    NO WAY - I'm sorry nobody said go spend .40 cents per flyer just cuz. I think that's a little ridiculous and we can't have people going out and doing whatever they want with money that's not theirs.

3. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Just decided to redesign on a whim and print without even getting feedback first? I agree; I don't think that's okay. Especially without seeing if someone in the group could print them for free....

4. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    We have a paper cutter and have cut all the flyers in the past.

Personally I would like business cards, easier to carry so I'm more likely to have them on me when I meet someone because they like my hoodie. If they are on a table they are less likely to be picked up by someone under the age of 17, therefore not wasted. IMO

Flyers on the other hand, if they don't have more information on it than a business card, what are they needed for and they are more likely to walk away to never be looked at again and at the price that was paid for 100 flyers... Well Vistaprint has a deal for $10 / 500 cards... http://www.vistaprint.com/lp/business-cards-next-gen-no-nav-3.aspx?mk=pla&ad=exact&device={device}&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=26-406013713-2&couponAutoload=1&GP=10%2f11%2f2014+8%3a17%3a16+PM&GPS=3303563962&GNF=1

I think we should talk about this subject again and I don't think it should be ruled by one or two people but the group. There is nothing wrong with having both and we should but with biz cards being .05 cents each or color printing at home and professional cutting at $1.24 per page = 4 flyers, we should talk about this.

5. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I disagree with you on this, I agree that they should have been made to advertise our group. People have been asking for these since before DCC but no one did anything. So the fact that they took initiative and did something I applaud them. And I think the group funds are for the group to decide not just you. The only people that said it was ok about you spending money and the amount on WOTR stuff was Anita, and you went ahead and did it. The flyers have always been done and are meant to expand the group.

6. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Well in the 10 plus years we've been a group we've never spent that much for 100 of anything and we did talk about OT prizes at the last meeting and about $100 was agreed on.

I'm not saying no absolutely not, ever, but I do think it should talked about at the next meeting, if we do this for every great idea that comes across our 40+ members then the funds would be gone in months. I also hear prizes need to be bought for our monthly meeting nonraffle, That hasn't really ever been taken out of the kitty either in the past so yes I feel there are some people think we need to spend it because we have it, I see no problem holding on to it so the next float won't have to come out of a select few's pocket (example).

7. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I agree things do need to be discussed, but I also think neither one of you gave any credit to either JT or Linda for taking their time to do the flyers. And having them ready for the event. I do know that I haven't been to very many meetings lately but the few I have been to this year it has been brought up many times, and nothing has been done. And once someone takes the initiative instead of a thank you they are met with resistance and criticism. No wonder no one wants to take the front in projects.

8. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    At the last meeting, it was brought up that we needed more flyers and more business cards. But it was never decided that we needed new designs for either one. That needs to be discussed beforehand, and what to do about getting anything printed at all was supposed to be discussed on the boards. But we apparently don't do that anymore.

9. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Catz, I did see them before they were posted, and I believe I said they were nice. I had a couple of suggestions but didn't know it cost that kind of money to get them done. They are better than the ones I've done or could ever attempt to do, but at the meeting the task wasn't given to anyone and in the past before someone spent that kind of money they put out a sample and we give feedback and so forth. I went to SWRD around noon to get WOTR forms filled out, I would have stayed longer but I didn't do enough research to know it was downtown and parking and so on.

10. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    How about this - at the next meeting we figure out the cheapest way they would have been done, and reimburse them for that amount, and for the effort. I think that's fair.

he-guy, DieWompRatDie and catz44 like this.