main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF December Meeting / Holiday Party: Here Comes Krampus! (Dec. 5, 4 pm)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Nerfherders, Nov 10, 2015.

1. JediPicard

JediPicard Jedi Knight

Apr 1, 2015
    Soda!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    have fun guys! i am working this weekend in Omaha, NE! yippeeeee. :'(

3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Let me check here: cheeseball, crackers, gift, Jabba Toss & Frogs (non-edible).

4. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    We will be there! Grabbing something from the store on the way ;)

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Forgot about the rolls so I will purchase some at the store when I get some grown up drinks. Making stuffing and instant mash potatoes.

nnaydolem likes this.
  6. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    hope you kids had a great time! man i didn't have a chance to make any 'deals' for the good stuffs. ;)

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Thank you so much to Chris and Jason for opening your home to all of us. I had a wonderful time and it was nice seeing everyone again.

8. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Thanks to our hosts! We had so much fun!

nnaydolem likes this.
  9. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    RMFF December Meeting​
    12/5/15 4:00 PM​
    Chris and Jason’s house​
    ROLL CALL
    18 members in attendance: theJackal327, Pagil M’Gar, catz44, corran_r9, zoo, QueenHighMistress, Jedi Picard, SithChick, MosteraDeliciosa, BFett88, Grimby, Jedi Jonas, Nerfherders, HeGuy, DieWompratDie, JawaJaka, Dan, Desiree
    Topic: Do you enjoy holiday music or are you already tired of it?

OLD BUSINESS
    -November Meeting – minutes from the November meeting at the Sam Gary libary are on the boards. Feedback for the library was very positive; the space was quiet, the staff was accommodating, and the room has AV hookups for possible future use.

NEW BUSINESS
    -Episode VII Premier – December 17th. Some RMFF members will be in line starting around 12:00
    -Continental event – December 18th. RMFF table and green screen from 3-9 PM and a group attending the 10:10 3D showing. There are still plenty of blank spaces on the sign-up sheet (here).
    -a lengthy discussion was held regarding the drawings for the donated prizes: To avoid potential legal issues, we need to use the term “drawing”, not raffle. We cannot sell tickets; instead we can accept voluntary donations for a chance to win the drawing. In order to avoid appearances of impropriety, RMFF members will not be eligible to win the prizes. The winners should be drawn by a member of the theatre staff, not by RMFF. Prizes will be left with the theatre manager for the winners to claim (provided the manager is OK with this arrangement). It was agreed that we should limit the number of prizes to four, so that we don’t overwhelm the theatre staff. The prizes will be 2 BB-8’s, symphony tickets and a fourth item TBD
    -RMFF elections –Nominees were announced: CR – HeGuy; Co-CR – Michael Berg, theBreadNappa; Secretarian – AuttyBot. Voting will be open through 12/17, and the officers will be announced at the Premiere on the December 18th. Paper ballots were cast for the Co-CR position, but members are encouraged to vote instead on the boards (our formal process)
    -January meeting – 1/16/16 – time and place TBD. Village Inn will be the default if no other suggestions are made
    -Green screen – a new computer has been purchased for the green screen, and procedures are being written for staging of pictures and use of the software.
    -Float & patch – a weekend in February is being targeted to hold a build day. A tarp is needed as well as paints in browns and blacks. If you see “oops” paint at home improvement stores, please keep the float in mind. JawaJaka has plywood that she can donate, but needs assistance with transporting it. Bill is working on a new all groups banner for parades.
    -WOTR theatre – Wings will be showing TFA on 12/19 for $30 ($25 for members). Prize includes the show, snacks and a meal and Q&A session
    -Pepsi Center – Star Wars night for the Nuggets will be 12/11, Star Wars night for the Avalanche is 12/27. DCC is sponsoring a bundle deal for the Nuggets game that will include merchandise. CenturyLink is offering group rates for the Avalanche game for 10+ people, but will not include merchandise.
    -CCTV interview – Hendrik Sybrandy from CCTV is requesting individuals to interview this week regarding the upcoming premiere. Participants are warned that these types of interviews can turn into “geek bashing” after editing

STAR WARS NEWS
    -TFA is everywhere!

OPEN DISCUSSION
    -Episode VII – Officially rated PG-13
    -Other sequels and Anthology films, Rebels – Rebels is featured on the TV Guide cover. Season 3 has been approved

PUBLISHING COMMITTEE
    QueenHighMistress is working on creating professional looking signage for future use

GAMING NEWS
    -Star Wars: Commander now features TFA content
    -the Battle of Jakku is a playable location on Battlefront

TREASURER’S REPORT
    Balance of $440. No bills were presented

COLLECTING NEWS
    -@Nerfherder’s private collection is the official envy of the rest of the group

GROUP PHOTO
    https://www.facebook.com/RockyMount...76033601678/10153383146713985/?type=3&theater

AuttyBot, Grimby and DieWompRatDie like this.
  10. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Thanks for hosting Chris and Jason!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk