main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF elections for 2011

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Nov 1, 2010.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Alright ladies, gents, and DH (it's the joke that never gets old), it is once again time to hold nominations and elections for your RMFF council for 2011.

We have the following positions up for election:

Chapter Representative (CR)
    Secretarian (Secretary/Historian)
    Treasurer
    Member-at-large
    Webmaster

Here is a position description that I think made some small updates to:

Chapter Representative (CR)
    This position was created by TFN to ensure that each city forum abides by the site's rules and regulations. An online and in-person position.

? Single point of contact for all Fan Force Forum issues.
    ? Handles communications and activities between RMFF and TFN.
    ? Posts all notifications on the Fan Force Forum.
    ? Welcomes new members and provides all support for Fan Force Forum issues unless it requires escalation to the RSA.
    ? The CR must ensure that all online forum communication follows the guidelines of TFN.
    ? Group liaison to TFN.
    ? Chair meetings and will work in conjunction with the other administrative positions to promote a productive and fun environment.
    ? Schedule meetings and events and encourage participation by all members.
    ? Serve as spokesperson for the RMFF.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secretary/Historian (Secretarian)

? Takes and archives minutes of each Council meeting and Official Meeting, including a list of members in attendance, and voting results.
    ? Handles and/or coordinates all internal activities (Council meetings, Official Meetings)
    ? Handles preparation for Official Meetings (Gathering topics from the members, securing meeting location THATS HUGE.).
    ? Records the minutes of each meeting, as well as the posting of all meeting minutes and any threads about sanctioned group activities (DATE/TIME/PLACE/DETAILS).
    ? Step in if the CR is unable to attend a meeting.
    ? Coordinates taking a group photo and sends event photos to Webmaster for posting on RMFF.net

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treasurer

? Single point of contact for all financial issues.
    ? Maintains books of Club treasury, income, and expenditures.
    ? Collects all money taken along with the member's name, the amount they have paid, and the cause.
    ? Responsible for safe keeping of funds
    ? Provide monthly financial report to President.
    ? All duties associated with collection and distribution of monies.
    ? Take donations for the cost of the website, t-shirts, and other activities.
    ? Coordinates the monthly drawing and encourages people to bring items for said drawing

Webmaster

? Single point of contact for website issues.
    ? Updates website with materials provided by the Chapter Rep and Secretarian.
    ? Maintenance of the Official RMFF web page, including, but not limited to, keeping the web page updated, ensuring that the domain name registration is kept current.

Member-at-large

? Coordinate with other sci-fi groups in the region for activities
    ? Promote harmony among the groups and address any issues between the groups.

At the last meeting we discussed having a, relatively short nomination and voting windows. I forget exactly what we decided, but how about we nominate people between now and next Friday November 12th. Then we'll finalize the ballot before the next meeting on the 20th. Then we'll have a 7 day voting period from November 29 to December 6th where you can PM your votes to our RSA, s65horsey (link to her profile at the top) with voter verification by Grimby, our illustrious and hard working admin.

Grimby will only verify that the voter is an active member of the RMFF and not a sock or a voter outside of our forums. An active member is a loose definition, but generally at the last meet

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    No problemo, chief.

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    WOW, don't everyone rush out to fill all the positions at once!

So who likes their current status, who wants to step up and see what it's like to herd cats?

I would like to nominate Michael as Treasurer, Catz as MAL, Grim you're stuck w/ Webmaster :p and Lego as CR :D

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I am going to nominate KIM as CR.

and i second Nerf, Michael, and Grimby.

ook courtney too.

5. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I second Kim as CR and third Ben as Webmaster, & Michael as Tresurer. And I nominate Nerf as secretarian again. :p

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'll nominate DieWompRatDie --if he wants to go another round. :)

7. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks, Bill, but I'm going to pass on being CR again. Next year will (hopefully) be one of laziness. No council positions for me and no foster kids.

That being said, here are my nominations.

CR - catz and S__C
    treasurer - DH (since I suspect ObiWannabe won't want to do it and DH has done a fabulous job)
    secretarian - QueenHighMistress (nerf has said that he will pass on doing it next year)
    member at large - Mistress and S__C
    webmaster - ObiWannabe and Grimby
    WOTR liaison (forgot to post this one above) - Sarnia

8. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I would love to be WOTR Liason again=)

9. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I second Sarnia's nomination to WotR liaison. :D

10. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I respectfully decline the nomination for Secretarian this year. Three years is enough and I feel it's time to let someone else try the position.

I second the nomination for QueenHighMistress for Sec!

11. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Nominations so far (because chaos makes me nuts, and I am damned close to that cliff already)

CR: Lego, Kim (3rded)

Historian : Q (2nded), Nerf (declined)

Treasurer: Michael (3rded), DH

Webmaster: Grim (4), Michael

MAL: Catz(2), M (declined) , Kim

WOTR Liason: Becca (2nded)

On that note I will 2nd DH as treasurer.

12. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

13. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Catz got a CR nom as well, which I will second.

14. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks to all who nominated me again for webmaster. I gladly accept.

And now, a word about the webmaster position:

In the last year, we've begun doing some things that we really haven't done in the past, like using the official RMFF Twitter feed and abusing the RMFF Facebook group to send out meeting invites. There are those who say that Facebook and Twitter are signaling the demise of online discussion forums and personal web sites, but I disagree. I think Facebook and Twitter can actually help forums and websites thrive by keeping people informed of what's happening.

Now, as a lot of you know I began work on upgrading the site with a lot of new features, including Facebook and Twitter integration. Sadly, my work was interrupted because of the announced board move, as my skills were required to help get the new forum ready to go. The good news is that almost all of that work is now complete, and I can once again start planning to finish the upgrades.

At present, DWRD and I have been updating the RMFF's Twitter and Facebook accounts, respectively. I don't know if either of those duties needs to be added to the job descriptions of CR or Webmaster, though I do think that after the elections are finalized these two duties need to be assigned. I'm fine with continuing to update the Facebook account unless someone else really wants to do it.

16. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009

Lego votes: Kim (4thded), Q 3rded, DH 3rded, Grim 5fthdeded, Catz 3rded, and Becca 3rdedededededededed =D=

17. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

Does Lego also accept the nomination for CR?

18. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    In the interest of not making this a popularity contest, maybe we should just stick to only nominating people who haven't been nominated yet and those who have been nominated accepting or declining positions.

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    How about this, i will remove the amounts of seconds per nominee and bold those that have two...once they accept I will change the text to accepted?

20. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

21. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    To confirm what DWRD posted, I decline the nomination for Treasurer, i'm already going to be taking that on for Comicfest this year, but I appreciate the nomination.

22. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009

'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means "no".[face_shame_on_you]

Sadly, I don't think I can commit the time to being C.R..especially with my saturday classes jacking up my schedule...besides, I'm still a newbie, only have two stars, AND JUST found out what a "C.R." was on Sunday!!

...I will, however, humbly nominate myself to be the official DWRD Insult Generator. Eh? Eh?[face_skull]

Thanks for thinking of your favorite Lego though![:D]

...and here's a hug for emoticon usage [:D]

23. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

24. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009
    Can we make up a position so Lego and DWRD can run against eachother? I think the capaign smack talk would be legendary.

25. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Nice job with the summaries, Mistress. When I first saw how complicated the nominations, seconds, declines and acceptances were getting, I was thinking that a flowchart or diagram of some sort would be needed. Your summary is summarizing quite nicely.

(Oh, and I think Grimby accepted for webmaster.)