main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF elections for 2011

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    HA! Red headed hunny bunny!

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
  3. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Did I miss something?

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Yeah, we made you CR, Treasurer, Historian, and RSA.

5. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

*rimshot*

6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    CR: Catz, Grimby, Sith__Chick

Historian: QueenHighMistress (accepted, with Mistress as backup)

Treasurer: DH (accepted)

Webmaster: Grimby (accepted), Obi_Wannabe

MAL: Catz, Sith__Chick

WOTR Liason: Becca (accepted)

Thanks for helping us summarize this, Mistress! Minus a bit o' silliness, here is our slate of nominees, in alphabetical order, so far. Any other nominations?

S__C, Catz, Grimby and Obi_Wannabe please post by Friday whether you accept the positions you have been nominated for. If you don't, we'll assume that you accept and we would be happy to vote you in! :D

7. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Oh, sorry, didn't even take the webmaster thing seriously, been there done that, you all voted me out. No thanks. Grimby is more than welcome to keep that hat.

8. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    i'll be the obama of rmff. I hope this change works!

9. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Thank you everyone for your nominations. But due to personal reasons I am going to have to decline this year. [:D]

10. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I too am not sure of becoming CR, I've been there, done that for some time too. I really wanted this to be left open someone new to step in. Change is good people.

I will stay MAL and help out a new CR in anyway needed. I just don't think I can give the CR role 100%.

I guess we need to talk about the future of the RMFF at the Novemeber meeting????

11. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    This is Not Good.

Grimby?

Only one post per 60 seconds allowed. Please wait 21 seconds.

12. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I nominate cyodarun for CR.

13. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

I second the nomination. Good idea, Michael.

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'll do it if everyone else says "not it," but you guys need to understand I have a lot of other stuff on my plate and I don't think I could give the position the time and attention it truly deserves. Not only am I the Head Admin of the Jedi Council, but I'm spending hours and hours of my free time working on the new boards, and that's going to keep me busy for quite a while, even after we finally move. Not only that, but finishing the redesign of RMFF.net is on the horizon as well.

15. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I nominate Jeff for CR.

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    If it's not too late, I'll second Jeff for CR.

17. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, the fact that I did not actually read the thread that noted that you thought that I was worthy of a nomination until 48 hours after the fact......makes me wonder if I could be the CR that I (and the group) would want (and expect) me to be...if so appointed. That said, I will not decline the nomination, but will support DH as a most wonderful candidate, if he accepts. [face_peace] .....Please note, that I also support the nomination of any/all others that have accepted thus far.

That said, thank you Michael and Jen-nay for the compliment, I would love to take a leadership role in our group, I am just not sure that the timing is right...I will need to consult with the better half.......

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Well said, Mel. =D= You're right. We have a couple of good candidates, all whom could do a good job as CR; the only complication, as pointed out, is that people do have other responsibilities and time commitments as well. I think we're finding ourselves in this somewhat odd situation (of trying to find a CR) because the club is so good, actually. A number of people have already had a turn at it, and either wish to let someone else have a chance or take a break for a while. I think that's a sign of a well established club, in a odd sort of way - the group has been around long enough for this to happen. ;)

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    CR:Grimby (tentative accept), CYR (tentative accept), DH (2nd)

Historian: QueenHighMistress (accepted, with Mistress as backup)

Treasurer: DH (accepted)

Webmaster: Grimby (accepted)

MAL: Sith__Chick (accepted)

WOTR Liason: Becca (accepted)

Looks like every position is ready to rock with the exception of CR. Jeff, do you want this? If so (if I read her post correctly) CYR will decline the nomination. I know you are super busy, bro...but I think either of you would rock at this.

20. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    We just really need to talk about all the 'positions' that are up for grabs, maybe we need to restructure.

In the olden days we had 6 month terms, I know a year is a long commitment, if it was for only 6 months would people be more apt to give it a try? Do we really want to go through this trouble every 6 months? If nominations & voting was a shorter time? All things to look into to.

Co-CR, I know we got rid of that, but could secretary/historian also include Co-CR or MAL? If there was a solid ?approved? back up would people feel less likely to fail?

2 term minimums just so everyone can take turns, I really think people in this group should really give a council position a try one time or another. I think I?ve been in some position forever, (maybe I do need a break :p)

Less positions? MAL could be CR duties, Co CR could be Secretary duties or MAL could include treasury, etc.

I know some important members are going to be missing the next meeting, so should we discuss this on the boards?

We are a very adaptable group and we can change our handbook & the rules anytime we want to :p

21. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I think discussion here might be a good thing. AS new as I am, I didn't realize there used to be a Co-CR, etc....

22. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    In technical terms, the only required position the group has to have is a Chapter Rep, who is designated as the person who represents the group on the boards and reports issues to the RSA. Our group has fleshed out that position to also have the title of "RMFF President". (Which I honestly don't know the significance of as I don't really remember when we started using that term. I must've been living in another state or country at the time. :p)

If it would help some people to divide up the workload expected of the CR/RMFF President, maybe we should try to define what those expectations are and see if maybe rearranging some of the responsibilities would help people feel more comfortable accepting the position of CR or any of the other positions.

23. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

Translation: Kim will be our CR again if we only make her do it for six months.

[face_devil] [face_skull] (Edited to add these)

24. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
  25. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Not this next 6 months but the 6 after maybe.