RMFF.net - The Official Website Thread - NEW SITE DESIGN!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby, Apr 16, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    If it helps, my Mac running Safari 4.1.3 gets there just fine.

2. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Update: In case anyone is curious, it appears that the nameservers for rmff.net are not resolving correctly in all areas. Here's an example: http://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/rmff.net

I've been told the problem lies with GoDaddy, which hosts the RMFF.net domain name. I've contacted them and explained the situation. Hopefully they'll get this resolved soon.
  3. jthornto Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for staying on top of this, Ben.

4. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    If this helps at all Ben, I use Explorer at work & we have Qwest (which I do at home) and I can get on most all the time. Now there was a time I wasn't even trying, so I will keep an eye out if it will help you at all.

Can't wait until it works all the time, it will be great when we get our store set up :D
  5. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    I may have figured out the problem, and it isn't GoDaddy's fault.

The story at 10.
  6. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    OK! It looks like it's working everywhere now: http://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/rmff.net

In short, the web host didn't have the nameservers set up correctly and only one of the two IP addresses on the server were working, which is why some people were able to get to the site and others weren't. They have corrected the issue so we should now be back to normal.

I want to thank everyone again who helped me out by testing the site on all their different computers and web browsers. It was a big help!
  7. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay! The computer I couldn't get to it from on Friday now loads it no problem! [face_dancing]
  8. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I started trying to upload my Starfest photos to the RMFF.net gallery, but out of a sample set of 6 photos only 2 were uploaded successfully. The other 4 gave an error message like this:

IMG_3601.JPG - Server error: Error #2038 (IO)

I tried those 4 again; 2 loaded ok and 2 didn't again. Any ideas? This iterative approach isn't the most efficient.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby