main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF.net - The Official Website Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , Apr 16, 2008.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I posted. Thanks, Ben. :)

btw, who is MeltMan?

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I posted too :p

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Wouldn't you like to know? ;)

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    it won't load for me! :_|

5. TheGhostOfBamers

TheGhostOfBamers Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2008
    New boardz to haunt! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Boo.

[face_pumpkin]

>>Sidescroll is teh Evil!

6. bamers

bamers Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2008
    pssst, Ghostie. Remember this?

You no wanna piss that guy off.

7. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I don't see why not, everyone seems to enjoy doing it so :p

(Psst, thanks for pulling up my Nasty Old Man Get Off Of My Lawn!! moment :D )

8. bamers

bamers Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2008

You're welcome, Darlin. :*

9. TheGhostOfBamers

TheGhostOfBamers Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2008
    No worries. Piss goes straight through me. I'm a ghost, yo!

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Can you provide some details about what you're doing and what's not working?

Edit: There are still some things about the new board that need to be fixed, like how the left and right columns aren't showing up, and the unnecessary features like ratings and reputation that won't seem to go away. But for a quick install and setup, I'd say it isn't bad.

11. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks for the edit, Ben. Sidescroll is teh evil.

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    it won't load...it says...Done error in loading or something. done errors on page.

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    What page are you on? Are you logged in? Did you click on the "bulletin board" link? What browser and what version are you using?

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    explorer 6.0...and yes i am logged in and yes i did click on the link.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    sorry if that sounded snotty, i didn't mean for it to be.

16. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Not at all. I hope I didn't come off that way either. I just had no idea what you were talking about. :p

FYI: Internet Explorer 6.0 is possibly the worst browser of the millennium. ;) If there is any way you can upgrade to a newer version, you really should. (Or download Firefox :D)

I will have to do some browser testing when I get home. I have tried it in both IE 7 and Firefox 3 here at work and it is working.

17. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Maybe I should upgrade my software at home. I wasn't too fond of the tabbed browsing, and just didn't want to shift to a new version. Plus, work still uses IE 6. Heh, I'm a tech slacker. [face_devil]

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    nope not at work...i use firefox at home. :(

19. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    IE8 will be out soon, people. Live in the now!

:p

Edit: I should clarify that I would NEVER recommend anyone use ANY version of IE. :p But if you HAVE to, use IE7 or the new IE8 beta. Firefox, Opera, and Safari are all better browsers as far as compatibility.

20. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Like I said, I'm a tech slacker. Old habits die hard. ;)

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Indeed. My cell phone is going on 4 years old. I mean, I can't even get it confused with an iPod nano. And if I drop it on the floor, I can easily spot it.

22. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I just tested and can confirm, it does not work under IE6.

I can also confirm and agree with Grimby that IE6 is a piece of crap browser and the surest way to get your PC infected with worms and spyware.

IE 7 and above are much more secure and block most common exploits.

The only time I use IE 6, is in WINE on a Mac for sites that require IE and it's actually natively on the Mac so it can't infect anything. And IE 7 is not supported in WINE.

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    well when that is all work gives you and you cannot install things...you make due with what you have.

24. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

Thanks for posting the story on the theforce.net servers and the follow-up. It was good to know what was going on and that became my primary source on information. Good job!

25. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Grimby and I agreed with the last election that whoever was elected Webmaster would also take control of the hosting account and ownership of the rmff.net domain name.

Since Grimby won, I have now turned over full control to Grimby, any problems with the websites and domain name should now be directed to him.

Be gentle with him :) .