main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF.net - The Official Website Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , Apr 16, 2008.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    So... it's very, very late [face_blush] , but I have uploaded my pictures from Starfest 2008 to the rmff site. They can be seen here.

Oh, and I copied over my StPat parade pics to the website as well.

Oh yeah... and I noticed that the link to parade pics on the front page doesn't work.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm gonna have to do some research and figure out why the links aren't working. I tried the link from the front page, and it didn't work. But then I went into the gallery and browsed to the page, then tried the link on the front page again and suddenly it worked. :oops:

Weird.

3. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

There are some great pics in there, missy. I am going to have to borrow a few for my personal collection. ;)

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Of course, please feel free. :) Yes, there were some great pictures in there. :D

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I still don't have the banner on the boards, what's going on?

Oh Snap!
    Only one post per 60 seconds allowed. Please wait 12 seconds.

6. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Hey, it's mostly working now. Still missing icon pictures for most everyone :p

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    An update on RMFF.net

I am in the process of transitioning the web site to the new host account, so it will be a few days before it can be updated with last meeting's notes and a few blurbs about StarFest that I am going to be putting up. Tech support is finally giving me some real answers regarding moving the site after previously supplying me with incorrect info. (I do in fact have to move the site contents manually rather than doing a quick and easy backup and uploading the whole thing to the new account.)

If anyone uploads any images before the transition is complete, they may need to be uploaded again. So please hold off on that (or any site updates for that matter) until I've posted the transition complete announcement. Hopefully it won't take any longer that a couple of days.

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Good luck!

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Is this for previous picture updates in general, or from a certain date until you're done?

10. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Nope, just from the date I posted that. I was scrambling to try and get the migration finished before StarFest, but there were a lot of problems with the gallery. There's still a glitch I haven't figured out yet, so if you've got photos you want to upload, go ahead and put them up. I'll be revisiting the gallery migration next week.

11. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  12. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Our beloved webmaster Grimby will be instituting a new feature on our main site whereby you can post videos. Huzzah! I have already sent several to him to post. If you have some videos you would like to see posted on our site, please contact him via PM and ask the best way to get them to him.

Look for more features in the near future!

Additional new features that have been instituted to broaden our net of domination on the social networking tubes are an actual Fan page for the RMFF on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocky-Mountain-Fan-Force/342438998984) and a Twitter page: www.twitter.com/RockyMountainFF. Please become a Follower of the mighty RMFF if you are on Twitter and check into whatever craziness may be posted and retweeted over there.

If you have any suggestions or other comments, please post. Thanks, everybody!

13. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    fantastic, muchachos!

=D=

14. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    FYI, a website upgrade is currently in the works. Nothing really newsworthy to share at the moment other than there will be some new web site features, Facebook and Twitter integration, and of course the rumored video section. I'm expecting to finish this in the next two weeks, as I have other projects that I'll need to spend most of my time on after that.

I'm also looking for ways to better integrate the forums with the web site. If you have any ideas please share them. :)

15. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Sounds fabulous. I'll have to think about how to better integrate the forums. Hmm...

In the meantime, perhaps we should take a look at refreshing the content in this section: http://www.rmff.net/x-wing/.

Who would like to take on updating this part of the site? Zoo?

16. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    For the time being, I was just thinking of recoding those pages slightly to match the rest of the site. It would be great if we could get some sort of basic write-up about the X-Wing and WOTR to put on the main page.

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I have a video to post. :D

18. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Can you email it to me? The address is in my profile. Thanks!

19. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    My mockup for the new site design is finally done. Check it out:

[image=http://i40.tinypic.com/6sql4x.jpg]

By the way, now would be a good time to start following the RMFF on Twitter and Facebook if you haven't already. ;) We will be making use of both in a much greater capacity as soon as the new site goes live.

New additions to the site include:
    - Auto Twitter and Facebook publishing of new articles
    - RMFF Swag Shop
    - Gallery random image is back (and working!)
    - Twitter Tracker
    - New Events tracker module and event ticker
    - Video section
    - a bunch of stuff I can't think of right now

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Will give that a try.

21. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Awesome!!

22. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Excellent, Smithers!!!

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    The image at the top of the page will constantly change as well, so if you're bummed you're not pictured, just wait... :p

24. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Are you keeping it Joomla, or moving to Wordpress, or something else?

25. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Upgrading to Joomla 1.5, and implementing a newer and more reliable Joomla/Gallery bridge.