main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Here it is, the new and not really improved Newbie Thread!!!! Crack open a post and let us know a little about you so that we can better indoctrinat-,... I mean Welcome you into the group. ;) [face_mischief]

Come on in, and post you little fingers to the nub. Our group can keep you busy.

As a guideline, please try to post the following info:

Name: (First is fine, we're not formal)
    SW Related Interests: (So SIG Leader can harass you)
    Non-SW Related Interests: (So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).
    How did you find this board? (Ouigi Board)

Also, make sure you check out the RMFF Community Handbook.
    Also, here is a link to the previous welcome thread.
    And for any other questions, you can contact the CR or one of the RSA's (links found in the Handbook).

And by all means, have fun! That's what we're all here for, anyway :D

2. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    ok me first .

Name: darth_hair
    SW Related Interests: everything star wars
    Non-SW Related Interests: music , and stuff
    How did you get started on SW: long ago in a city far far away...
    How did you find this board? i think i built it . yep im the architect [face_devil]

3. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Name: Chrissy
    SW Related Interests: Some books and the movies of course.
    Non-SW Related Interests: B5, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Spike, That 70's Show, X-Files, Spike, any good movies, Angel, Tru Calling, Charmed, Lord of the Rings, Spike, Star Treck (spelling?) and Spike.
    How did you get started on SW: The movies.
    How did you find this board? Through my brother and at the mall in Ft. Collins.

4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We have to start all over again?

Name: Kim
    Age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care :p
    SW Related Interests: Collecting, reading & my new found friends.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Making candles, soaps, sewing.
    How did you get started on SW: I think it was in 3rd grade when we had a play come to school, the kind that goes out into the crowd, so you have to sit inbetween the tape they lay out on the ground. Whenever Darth Vader would walk by me I didn't want his cloak to touch me because I thought I would die, or something stupid like that. I remember waiting in line to see the next movie when it opened, in fact that's what I did for my B-Day.
    How did you find this board? Darth_Hair [face_love]

5. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Yay! We get to do it again!

Name: Josh (aka P'Josh)
    SW Related Interests: Star Wars Galaxies (view my profile), Star Wars LEGOs, the Mountain Garrison, prop building, costuming, and...well...the movies and the toys...
    Non-SW Related Interests: Cthulhu, Mountain Dew, snowboarding, and sci-fi in general. I also want to be a superhero, or a ninja when I grow up. :D
    How did you get started on SW: Pretty much grew up with it.
    How did you find this board? Birrer sent me here after seeing me on Halloween 2002 in my Sandtrooper armor in P-Town.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Name: Sarah
    SW Related Interests: Costuming!!!Non-SW Related Interests: Horses, sewing, going to school, being a general pain in the ass.
    How did you get started on SW: When the special editions came out I had some friends that hooked me up. We were major Fordaphiles.
    How did you find this board? Been here since the beginning of it :D Waaay back in the old days when it wasn't part of theforce.net boards.

7. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Guess I'll play along as well...

Name: Stacy
    SW Related Interests: Collecting, Costuming, Prop building, watching the films as many times as inhumanly possible.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Drama, Opera/Musical Theatre, Weight Lifting, Classic Cars, Buffy, Angel, Stargate, Alias, South Park, pretty much Movies in general.
    How did you get started on SW: Saw the original films during their first releases back in the day. From the moment the Tantive IV made its way across the screen followed by the IMMENSE Star Destroyer to the moment Vader first stepped aboard the doomed Corvette Blockade Runner, it was all over...
    How did you find this board? Looking for a way to become involved with the Kempe Children's Foundation Premier of Episode II a year and a half ago.

8. yodaman12002

yodaman12002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2003
    as long as every one else is doin it
    name: michael
    hometown: loveland
    sw intrests: how things work, i plan to bild a working saber some day
    non sw intrests: halo, star trek, math, my car, any female who will talk to me.... and so on
    how did i get into sw: i have watched rotj since i can remember
    how did i find this sight: i met a member at the fort collins mall, i will not say his or her name, she might like it.....or he, it could be a he. (i think that fuled them)

9. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    this is how you guys get your post count up so high ;) :p

10. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    OK.......Grey Jedi here.......

NAME: Tim
    HOMETOWN: Bradenton, FLA
    SW interests: Engaging in saber combat, building SW costumes and sabers, AND......he,he,he......a couple of very spiffy SW projects for CIII!
    Non-SW interests: SAY WHAT?!
    How did I get into SW: What Stacy said....FLOL!
    How did I find this site: Luck of the Force!!!!

I feel really at home with this group, and hope to be a part of it's myriad Force for years to come!

By the way, by joining the RMFF, you will be joining the third most active Star Wars FanForce board on the planet......that would be, the planet EARTH!!!!! And soon, we will be THE most active SW FanForce on the Earth....so get on board, folks, 'cause like Solo said.....

"Sit down, sweetheart...WE'RE TAKIN' OFF!!!!"

11. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Name: Terry
    SW Related Interests: Costuming & props, reading the books, watching the movies, you know. :D
    Non-SW Related Interests: Star Trek, Babylon 5, BtVS, Science Fiction in general, reading, computers, photography, archeology, flying, history, arms & armament.
    How did you get started on SW: Way back in 1977 (well Duh!)
    How did you find this board?: I found my way over from the Rebel Legion board when I was looking for people interested in SW costuming.

I've been hanging out with the group for almost two years now and have found it to be one of the best and most active fan groups around. :)

12. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Name: Mel
    SW Related Interests: The movies mostly, getting into that collecting thing now that I have the room
    Non-SW Related Interests: Hanging out with Lisa and the critters (all 5 of them), LOTR is on my radar screen these days, collecting, tasting and of course drinking a little red wine.......I've got about a dozen little woodworking projects started as well
    How did you get started on SW: I am an orginal, 1977 and my first real date
    How did you find these boards: Was lurking around for quite awhile before CII, finally took the plunge.

edit: these markup code are a pita!

13. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    Name: Mac
    SW Related Interests: i am trying to do a costume, but never seem to start it. and i love the books!
    Non-SW Related Interests: i like b5, starting to watch buffy some, and just like sci fi all around. and swords. they are neat.
    How did you get started on SW: watched it when i was little with my grandma, and rediscovered my love of it through the books.
    How did you find this board? actually Ptown Josh sent me a email filled with tons of links. one was for rmff.net. then i found the board.

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Silly Rabbits :p Oh well, might as well play along....

Name: Jennifer, but everyone just calls me ZOO (less confusing that way)
    SW Related Interests: Books, writing, movies, games, props, costuming and generally anything and everything SW
    Non-SW Related Interests: Genealogy, history (mostly US Socio-Political & Military)
    How did you get started on SW: It's all my Dad's fault, and he takes great pride in it now. :p 1977 and still going strong! :D ALl it took was seeing the Tantive IV go over my head and I was hooked! :D [face_love]
    How did you find this board? Had see links to the "Jedi Council" since just before TPM, but never bothered to check it out until 2-1/2 years ago... Been lovin' it ever since! :D [face_love]

15. yodaman12002

yodaman12002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2003
    i aint no rabbit. don't you know bunnies are bad, specialy a certian energizer one.
    if anya don't like um no one should

16. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Name: Jenny

SW Related Interests: Costuming, concept art, playing with action figures and vehicles, drinking wid me maties and noticing we're all walking, talking Lucasfilm advertisements, etcetera, etcetera

Non-SW Related Interests: BtVS, AtVS, Farscape, Lexx, Painting, Tolkien [face_drool]

How did you get started on SW: Went to see first run OT in da theatre with da family and have been hooked and crazy insane for it ever since. My brothers and I named an entire bowl full of pet guppies after OT characters and between us had just about everything SW money could buy.

How did you find this board? Went to see AOTC and heard this large group of geeky, freakies talking about their fan group and their website. Just HAD to go there.

17. JuniperSky

JuniperSky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2003
    Oh? so we get to do this again?

Name: Jenna, Though most people call me Sky or Juni, It all works.

SW Related Interests: The books? Really I know nothing beyond that... Newbies with real connects fell free to laugh at me. ;)

Non-SW Related Interests: Swimming... Skiing (if only I had money to do it more often) Dancing... School... (just 'cause it's one of few activites here.) Ansible,FooMoo,Hogwarts Moo's (someone point me to a Star Wars one please.)

How did you get started on SW: Ahh... How did i get started? I saw the movies... though it wasn't till much latter I saw there were -books- out. That got me hooked really, 'else i'd just be normal part of the world and like SW for what it was... (kicks the first two movies)

How did you find this board? I... um... Don't remember?

18. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Name: Ashleigh

SW Related Interests: I have a little bit of interest in a lot of areas...

Non-SW Related Interests: Dance rocks, I also like The Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Alias.

How did you get started on SW: I twas flipping through the channels once upon a time...

How did you find this board? Found the fanfiction board first... :D

Yep.

*SB*

19. Aqua

Aqua Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2003
    noob, here.

Name: Casey
    SW Related Interests: MMM...SWG :)
    Non-SW Related Interests: Someday, everything I own will be aqua. Oh, yeah, I like movies about artists who go insane, and making life hell for some people...hmm...I don't know what else right now. Ask me a week from now. :)
    How did you get started on SW: Hmm. Good question. Basically it has always just been around me...I am not actually sure.
    How did you find this board? co-worker

20. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    /wave;/say hi!
    /greet

:D

21. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    Greeting aqua!

22. PtrsonsZOO