RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. DarthLexsidous Jedi Master

star 2
    Name: Luther
    SW Related Interest: Toy collecting, games, and prop collecting. Non-SW: Watching movies, school, Lord of hte Rings stuff.
    How did I get into SW: I first saw Empire Strikes Back in 1980, that was my first memory of life(pretty good first memory). I have been a SW freak ever since.
  2. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    HEY!!!!! Welcome aboard newbies!!!!!! Have yu got yur costumes for CIII done yet, hhhhmmmmmmm, yes?!
  3. yodaman12002 Jedi Master

star 4
  4. DarthLexsidous Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey how is every one doing. I'm glad I finally found some people who love SW just as much as I do.
  5. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    DL!!!!! Welcome to the Denver version of the, um, yu kno, that...pit......in ROTJ.....FLOL!!!!
  6. BFett88 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hello Everybody!!!!!!

I have been trying to get my screen name for some time now. The whole email you your password thing wasn't working. I had to contact the administrator, and alot of other stuff. Well anyway I am here now.

My name is Shane.
    I am 23.
    I am into collecting the 3 and 3/4 inch action figures. I started collecting in 1995 and have since then. I always take them out of package, and I collect all of the vehicles and take them out of package. I am missing about 10 or so figures from 1995 and I am a completest. I want to collect the vintage, but want to finish off my new collection first. I have about half of the vinatage collection but I dont display them. I have all of my figures on action figure stands and hang my ships from the ceiling. All in all I probably have around 400 action figures. I would love to get involved in cotumes and prop replicas. I do have a few prop replicas and I did make a Boba Fett costome one time, but it was not perfect.
    The reason that I got into Star Wars, is because I was 15 and I was all into the 70's thing. Star Wars is the thing that really stuck.
    In my spare time, I go to school for my bachelors degree in video game developement. I still have a year and a half left. I do have my associates degree in computer programming, but of cours I have not been able to find a job. I also work at a boring job, for a title company, that pays me not even close to what I need to make. I love to play video games, my favorite game is Final Fantasy 7. I also love to watch the Broncos when it is football season. Oh yea I enjoy company with my wife.
    I look forward to getting to know you all.

7. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
  8. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Welcome, I bet you will find a nice home here. We have many people that collect action figures, old & new. 12 inch figures, ships, we even have our own custom action figure maker. So I have an action figure of myself :D
    We make costumes & props, go to movies, have BBQ's and all kinds of other stuff.
    Glad you found us, have a good old time :D
  9. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Our illustrious boss-woman said a mouthful there, 8Fett! We have some down-right ruthless collectors in our clan, and rest assured, when new releases come out, yu could not ask for a healthier bunch of scroungers to shop with!!!!
  10. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    so...you do 3d modeling & animation by any chance video game guy? *twists mustache*
  11. BFett88 Force Ghost

star 4
    No I don't sorry.

Im more into the whole programming thing. I don't do the artsy stuff. I am learning how to make the AI, and physics, stuff like that.
  12. yodaman12002 Jedi Master

star 4
    sounds fun. just don't make to good of an ai. the last thing i need is a comp telling me what do do. unless it looks like cortana, i could live with that.
  13. yoda-is-my-homeboy Jedi Master

star 4
    hello my fellow Coloradans!
    Name: Amy

SW Related Interests: just the movies, I don't really plan on reading the books

Non-SW Related Interests: playing piano, singing, watching movies, reading, staring at my one good pic of Hayden Christensen (hehe, j/k)

How I Got Started On SW: When my dad took me to see the OT when it was re-released in the theatres a few years back

How I Found This Board: I was looking for a Colorado Fan Force Board. I found one!
  14. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Welcome YIMH!!!!!! Glad to have another female join the group! :D Hope you can find your niche in our group. :)

The next meeting is a week from this Sunday at the Perkins on Colorado & I-25. This is one of the easier kinds of meetings to meet everyone without a lot of pressure :) Hope to see you there. :D
  15. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    YYYYYYOOOOOOOO....da! Good to have yu on board!!!!!
  16. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    I big hearty welcome from way down in Ptown!
  17. t65flyer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Name: Her Royal Sleepiness or Jess (after 11am)

SW related interests: *deep breath* T65's, Star Destroyers, games <<3 hours later>> naming my ginger colored cat Chewbacca,
    Sabbacc, toys, books, collecting, 6 degrees of Star Wars (that one drives relatives nuts),
    kick-@$$ heroines, posters, costuming, talking ab't SW, trivia...
    I really need to shut up now [face_blush]

non-SW: X-Men (Cyclops is my favorite :D :D :D ... [face_love] so cute [face_love] ), Spider-man (love the dry wit),
    Legos (just try to pull me away), books, military history, aviation, football (American), basketball, and hockey.

How did I get addic...started on SW? my very first trip to a movie theater was to see ROTJ...
    my mother has regretted that decision ever since [face_mischief]

How did I find this board? I've been lurking around JCF since ab't '98, so I knew it was here
    but I didn't look at it until I moved to the region in '02.
    I lived in LA and we don't have an FF because we have the Lining Up group
    (the people hanging out at the Grauman's (Mann Chinese) in Hollywood)...shutting up now...

>>T65flyer
  18. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    cyclops?!?! cyclops is one of the lamest main x-men character ever! cyclops is a punk! :p ;)
  19. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    Way to welcome JD :p

She didn't say she thought Cyclops was a cool character, just that the actor was cute :D

If you're at UofW, you should get in touch with JediGirlofCorellia, she goes there too, she hangs around here a lot.
  20. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Hey t65! Glad to see you finally made it down to the Denver boards!

You'll have to try and make it down for StarFest with JGoC in April :)

And everytime I see you post, I think about how much you and VoidDancer should start a SW Fighter Fan Club... Only guy I know who's voicemail message welcomes you to Incom Aerospace :p [face_laugh]
  21. t65flyer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a class w/ JGoC actually

and for curious puppies :p ...
    Cyclops is my fave because he's a pilot :D (like me) and his dad was a pilot
    AND the actor who plays him is <<blasphemy forthcoming>> Hotter than Hayden *GASP*
    ;) ;) nudge nudge say no more :p

I tend to find that people have something in common with their fave mutant
    (got a friend who's an int'l studies major and his favorite X-Man is Cypher
    - he can speak any language the minute he hears it)

SW fighter fan club, hmmmm?...that's actually a good idea
    *evil brainstorming*
    maaaybeeee I'll start a thread... [face_devil]
  22. yodaman12002 Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
  24. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    A T65 fan!!!!! SWEET! Welcome aboard!!!!!
  25. BerusBantha Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi, everyone
    Name:Beth
    SW interets: the movies, collecting, I want to try my hand at costuming
    Non SW interests: My dogs, hiking, biking
    Got Started in SW: Age of 16 in 1977
    Found this board: first found out about it from people I met at Celebration II.( I am finally joining in--none of my friends are into Star Wars and I need to find people who are!)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby