main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

1. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    They'll shoot me?!?! *ducks*
    [face_worried]

2. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    welcome, look forward to meeting you

we wont shoot unless provoked. [face_shhh] so be sure not to say the shoot me word...its __________

3. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Seriously, though-I'm looking for a SWRPG group in north denver/thornton area though driving a bit is no biggie. I've got everything (Books, minis etc.)for a SE Force Unleashed campaign except players and, to date, the actual adventure. I was looking at Dawn of Defiance and thought about using that or modifying it, but mostly, I just want to play. Also, I apologize for posting "LFG" here-where on RMFF does one look for SWRPG groups?

4. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    would you be up for teaching someone who has never played a table top rpg? i have always wanted to try.

they use to do gaming at a place at mission trace shopping center on 120th and colorado. not sure if they still do. i know free time comics and mile hi comics also have been big gaming joints as well.

5. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    [face_laugh]. Is it Antiquing? No, wait. That's Bender's bomb word. Is it It? It's It, isn't it?

6. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Would I ever! I've thought about DM'ing...Sorry GM'ing this one but I've only been a (D&D)player. But there's a first time for everything and I've been reading SWRPG books since WEG owned it. It's just that I've only been able to find D&D groups and every time I mention SWRPG I get shot. Okay, maybe not shot but i get dirty looks [face_not_talking] . Okay, maybe not dirty looks but I definitley get "I don't know" 's and unfulfilled "I'll think about it" 's. I think that the problem is that D&D just has a larger table-top fan-base (natch). Everytime I play D&D and then watch Empire or read a good yarn like "Allegiance" it makes me wanna get the same experience I had playing D&D in a Star Wars setting. And there's just SO MUCH game material out there for SWRPG. I always feel like I'm missing out (Saga Edition looks great btw!).

7. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Darth, your Tusken pieces/costume(s) look pretty dang nifty. =D=

8. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Welcome to our merry band of misfits, GH. :)

9. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

Welcome, gundarkhunter. Excellent board name! Thanks for looking us up.

I'm not sure how many RPG gamers are here, but if you want to, we can have one of our monthly meetings be about learning to play.

If so, please post a new thread in the main forum area and we'll see what interest there is.

It took me months to screw up the courage to post a new thread my first time, so no worries!

10. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    thanks, there are a few people in the group that do great costuming and prop work. we are kind of a self service bunch. sewing, plastic, metal, leather... pretty much if someone in the rmff doesnt make it, you dont want it :p

11. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    Played D&D, Vampire the Masquerade, and a game based on White Wolf before, but never really any Star Wars (same as you - no one was interested, but I make a rather horrible DM) Star Wars would be cool :)

Welcome welcome welcome!

12. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Thanks, y'all.

jthornto-
    I'll do that-see if i can maybe drum up some interest. [face_thinking] Hmmm... (Dons carnie top hat and corny vaudeville sales-pitch voice, speaks through one o' those big paper mega-phone lookin' thingies)

*Coming soon to a table top near you!!*
    *Hey, kids! Are you looking for adventure? Excitement?*
    *Well...maybe not, if you wanna play as a jedi.*
    *But, for the rest of you, like I said adventure...excitement, yada-yada...*
    *Have I got a game for you! Be anyone! Good or Evil! Jedi or Sith!*
    *Pod-Racing super-star or surly perma-sneering bartender! The-Greatest-Spy-In-Mos-Eisley or The-Most-Annoying-Gungan-Tagalong!*
    *The choices are yours! The hazards are many! The Hutts are slimy!
    *All you need is a free night once in while, an imagination, and... A Pencil!*

Seriously, though...just something like this with less corn?
    Also, where should I post it? I wanna attract people who might not peruse the RPG boards, too.<---Srry. I re-read your post. Working the night shift tonight on far too little sleep.
    Also-also, your sig...I downloaded a medley track featuring bits from the Chris Walken Cowbell sketch a short while back. I had "more cowbell" stuck in my head up until a few days ago. Nothing like that feeling when a song or whatever is stuck in your head and it finally leaves like like an unwelcome distant "Cousin Eddie" relative. Then I saw your sig....AARRRGGHH!!:oops:

LOL[face_laugh]

13. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Thank you. I played a session of Vampire once. Can't really remember too much about it...too long ago. But LARP'ing a SWRPG game'd be pretty cool. Again, can't remember mechanics, though. Plus, I've already invested in all the books & minis & stuff I need for a Force Unleashed D20 campaign. I really just need the adventure and the players, now. And some Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew =P~ Adventure's coming along though. Think The Maltese Falcon meets Star Wars meets Jackie Brown. Something along those lines. Haven't been writing much lately because Fallout 3 has me under it's iron-clad unbreakable and hypnotic spell. Curse you, Bethesda! jk

14. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    welcome! Looking forward to meeting you. This a great bunch of people, and we have so much fun!

15. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002

what are you smoking? o_O

16. Your-Mom2008

Your-Mom2008 Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2008
    Name: Your Mom
    SW Related Interests: Being Your MOM
    Non-SW Related Interests: Mothering
    How did you get started on SW: Hello, I am your mother and you better behave!
    How did you find this board? I heard everyone talking about me.

17. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Your not my mom! [face_not_talking]

18. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Ditto Anut Breau is not my mom either!

19. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Hello all.... again.

I introduced myself over a year ago but figured I should introduce myself again since 60hr work weeks have made it impossible to post over the past year.
    I was going to try to make it to the aug 07 meeting but ended up not making it due to money and time. Though now that I'm out of a job, for the time being, I should have time to get to know everybody!

20. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Welcome back, wish it was under better circumstances.

21. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Indeed! Welcome back. Allow us to take your mind off your troubles from time to time DV.

We're a pocket full a laughs on most days and then some of Us are more foolish than others. [face_whistling]

C'mon In. [face_peace]

22. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    While I'm upset at the loss of a good job.. and the loss of all that money... I have to say. All this extra time has been great for me. I have like 4 projects I've been trying to work on for the better part of like 2/3 years that I'm actually making progress on. It's actually kind of exciting.

23. Greywolf1199

Greywolf1199 Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I'm just getting into the costuming thing, and after meeting all the folks at the Wings open cockpit day (my first troop and I loved it), I thought I'd check out the boards.

Name: Julie
    Age: 37 (I'm not shy - I'm glad to have made it this far)
    SW Related Interests: Costuming, trooping
    Non-SW Related Interests: Scuba diving, history, archaeology, hockey
    How did you get started on SW: Saw ANH it in the theater when I was 6 and that was pretty much all she wrote. I've still got all my original action figures.
    How did you find this board? The folks at the Wings troop pointed me here!

Nice to meet you all!

24. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    hi julie. welcome. nice to meet you yesterday. were you in the pilot costume or the jedi costume?

25. Greywolf1199

Greywolf1199 Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2009
    I was the pilot. Nice meeting you! I'm looking forward to trooping with everyone. It's really getting me going on doing an Imperial kit so that I can join the 501st, since there doesn't seem to be much RL activity in the Denver area right now.

26. scubajedi

scubajedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2009
    I was the Jedi.

Good to meet you all. I'm Julie's roommate & BFF.

Name: Regina
    SW Related Interests: Costuming, trooping
    Non-SW Related Interests: Scuba diving, hockey, Movies/entertainment, travel, photography
    How did you get started on SW: Saw the movies and I thought they were the coolest thing ... of course who DIDN'T fall for the scruffy-looking scoundrel?
    How did you find this board? The folks at the Wings troop pointed me here - I'd known about the Jedi Council Forum Boards but not the RMFF in particular.