main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

1. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    Welcome!

If you're interested in RPGing this is my SWRPG thread. I'm currently looking for players for the Saga edition Dawn of Defiance (with minor changes) campaign right now. If you're interested just drop me a PM :)

BTW I was the guy in the Firefly costume [face_devil]

2. Clone666

Clone666 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2007
    Sure did. I forgot I had a hollow aluminum one I used to use on my old Red ARC getup.
    I installed it in time for a recent troop in D.C.

Thanks for the compliment on my blog stuff, I have my hands in some new film projects I'll be posting about soon.

3. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    After meeting the RMFF entourage at Starfest this year, I am upholding my word of joining the RMFF community! Now I don't have to wait an entire year to kick back with good company!

Name: Lego-Stormtrooper-1 ( you may remember my brother and I from Starfest '08, when we dressed up as the over-sized lego stormtroopers. This past Starfest however, we rocked the Shy Guy costumes!)
    SW Related Interests: Roleplay, RPG, costuming (the bulkier, the better! ;) )
    Non-SW Related Interests: Being outside, reading, writing, and being a good human!
    How did you get started on SW: Grew up in the 80's, the pinnacle of the raw S.W. boom, G.I. Joe, and Transformers (before Michael Bay jacked it up). Being obsessed with S.W. just made sense.....and still does!
    How did you find this board: Via my newly found friends at Starfest '09! Thanks for the rundown Sith_Chick! ;)

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'll have to dig up the pics from the costume contest last year. I have great pics of you guys, both in the hallways, and at the costume contest. Including frame by frame as one of you lost your head and committeed seppuku in front of the crowd.

great stuff!!!

5. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009

AWESOME! Can't wait to see them![face_laugh]

6. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
  7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Hullo and welcome, all!

8. JechtusRevan

JechtusRevan Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2009
    The Shy guys rocked!

9. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    Thanks!!! Glad you liked them!

10. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Hola and Welcome!!!

Loved the costumes...sorry didn't get to meet you guys at the party at Starfest...I was a party pooper. :D

glad to have you aboard!

11. Death_The_Destroyer

Death_The_Destroyer Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2009
  12. jk_bennett

jk_bennett Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2009
    Name: J.K. Bennett
    SW Related Interests: LCC and Fan Art/FanFilms
    Non-SW Related Interests: Filming and Post Production Visual Effects
    How did you get started on SW: I've been a star fan since birth and I've followed as much as I could. It's inspired me to become a visual effects compositor, I'm actually in the same league with the famous Ryan Weiber.

13. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Welcome, JK! What part of town are you in? And how did you find this band of lunatics? :D

14. jk_bennett

jk_bennett Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2009
    I lived in Denver for a while and travel back and forth all the time to Colorado Springs where I go to school.I am waiting for another meeting so i can go and show what I can offer to the whole fan force.

15. Death_The_Destroyer

Death_The_Destroyer Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2009
  16. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

JakkUtt-PokkUtt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    Newbie thread, ehhh? Well, I'm a former FF CR from Michigan, but uummm, I just moved to Denver in the last week or so. I was going to go through to Phoenix, but I've decided to stay here by my little brother. He lives out here with his band, Frokus. I just found out I'm getting a pell grant for like five thousand dollars, so I think I'll be here for a while [face_peace]

so, how is everyone???

17. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    welcome to the area!

18. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Groovy, baby. Thanks for popping in. Pull up a chair and stay a while!

Is the grant for undergrad or grad school? Free money is the best. ;) I still owe the man about 10,000 in student loans. It got me where I am today, but it's a long haul to payback...and I have been for quite a few years! Sheesh!

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Greetings!!!

Our Next meeting is on Sunday, August 16th. You can find upto date information. In this thread.

20. gillman

gillman Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2004
    Hi. I'm Rob. I'm Jason and Melody's friend. You may have noticed me stalking your group at events such as StarFest, the Robot Chicken Event, a few movie outings, and Comic-Con. Since I'm going to the Star Wars concert with you, it's probably time for me to make an official introduction.

So here I am!

I'm looking forward to the concert....

-Rob

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    well don't say your my friend SOME people might hold it against you. ;)

ABOUT time you started post you stalker!!!

Welcome and now you have no excuse you need to come and be active!

22. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

lol, you did snag us a great big Pooh. Is this another Pooh?

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    rob is a cool dude, but he was nerfherder's friend first....

24. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Name: Bobby

SW Related Interests: EU, costuming, lightsaber choreography, character creation

Non-SW Related Interests: XBox 360, comic books, drawing, professional wrestling, limited RPG

How did you get started on SW:
    Way back when I was a wee one in 1st grade, I was perusing through the bookshelf, and came across an image that would forever change my life: Luke Skywalker standing upon Jabba's sailing barge, lightsaber blazing. I took this book and looked at the pictures. Over the next few months, I'd continue to take that book out, utterly fascinated by the glowing green sword. It wasn't until 4th grade that I saw the movies, and I couldn't get enough. By fifth grade, I was reading the EU (starting with The Thrawn Trilogy).

How did you find this board?
    TFN or the Denver section?
    TFN - After watching TPM, I wanted to see more of the old school Jedi... so I googled "fanfilms" and came across TFN. I watched the fanfilms for a good long while before realizing that there were forums.
    Denver, CO section - I used to be a member of the LA Jedi choreography group, but then I moved to Colorado three weeks ago. So, having no pals in this town, let alone the state, I decided to google "Star Wars fans in Colorado" and came across the Rocky Mountain FanForce site. So here I am.

25. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Welcome Bobby. Are you on Xbox live?