main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    I am! I go by the gamertag Bobby Rex, but unfortunately, the 360 is still in storage. I'm living out of an RV until I can get a place, so room is very, very sparse.

I play Halo 3, CoD: World at War, Gears of War 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Guitar Hero III/Aerosmith, Left 4 Dead, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Saint's Row II, and Smackdown vs Raw 2008.

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Welcome, Bobby! Glad you found our corner of fandom. I'm a big EU novel reader and into all the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. You should pop into one of our meetings and we'll rock out!

3. Robal_Krahl

Dec 23, 2003
    I'd be more than happy to! I'm currently residing in Salida, if that means anything to anyone. I've been coming here for years to visit family, but am still not entirely sure about the surrounding geography.

4. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I have family in Salida!! Welcome. :)

5. Robal_Krahl

Dec 23, 2003
    You do? Do you know the Coopers or the Bradburys?

6. Jedi_taylor73

Jedi_taylor73 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2009
    Name: Jedi_taylor73
    SW Related Interests: Expanded Universe, video games, comics,collecting, want to get a costume.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Computers (unix and Mac), family, cats, Comics, Sci-Fi shows and bowling.
    How did you get started on SW: The original release in theaters. Then it went crazy from there.
    How did you find this board: saw clone wars and RMFF a few times.

I am hoping to go to one of your meetings and getting more involved. I do a lot of volunteering already

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome! Thanks for finding our little corner of fandom. You are welcome to come to any and all of our meetings and events. They may be intimidating, but we are an open and welcoming group.

8. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

I dont think so...my cousin's name is Sparkman...and I am related to a few Brasbys.

9. Jet-Si

Jet-Si Jedi Knight

Jul 26, 2007
    Wow, I like the changes that have been made. I haven't been on in quite some time, bet it has been over 18 months. Things have been real busy and I never made it to a meeting yet so I think I still qualify as a newbie. I am checking my calendar, perhaps I can make the 24th meeting. I look forward to the opportunity to finally meet the group.

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    hey jet-si! glad you found your way back.

11. RebelMedic

RebelMedic Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2009
    Name: Justin
    SW Related Interests: Books, movies, costuming, props, comics, posters, lunchboxes, the tauntaun sleepingbag from ThinkGeek, etc...
    Non-SW Related Interests: Firefly, Cthulhu, Climbing, Backpacking, Rafting, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Paintballing, Roleplaying (most anything except D&D), Fire Arts, Emergency Medicine, Steampunk, Reading (reading Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie right now), Traveling, Hockey, Search & Rescue, Wildfirefighting, StumbleUpon (worse than crack)...
    How did you get started on SW: When I was six I asked my grandparents if I could watch the movie with the cool looking pictures on the front of the box.
    How did you find this board? Leah made me do it!

12. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    Welcome, Justin!

13. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Hehe, you made it! Justin, come to the Con Suite @ Mile Hi Con during our time slot, or even to the meeting that day. We'll get you settled in to geekdom the right way!

And damnit, after 7 years, it's about time I saw your flippin' face on something other than a computer screen! lol

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome, Justin! Feel free to poke around the threads, post in them, and come to a meeting. All are welcome!

15. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009

Hey guys and gals,
    Just moved to Colorado , Fort Collins actually a few months ago from Alaska. Tracked down this board after hearing about it and thought I would say hello to some fellow fans. So glad to see a big community of fans in an area that are organized like this. Lots of fans in Alaska, but no forums and groups that really did much together. Well close to where I lived anyways. So on with it...

Name: Tom
    SW Related Interests: Collecting all things Star Wars, Reading the expanded universe books, watching the movies, over and over and over...well you guys get it, attending Star Wars events, Hopefully getting a Star Wars costume and registered with RL before CV....
    Non-SW Related Interests: hmm...working on doing all the things on my "To do list" ...traveling, reading about stupid facts, hiking, fishing, camping, exploring Alaska..
    How did you get started on SW: My Dad caught me watching Star Wars on HBO a few times when I was about 3 I think, been hooked every since...I know its hard to believe , but its true..
    How did you find this board? Jennifer ( ZOO ) told me about it when I meet her at Star Wars In Concert in Denver.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys better :)

16. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    Welcome, Tom!

17. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome! Hope to see you at the next meeting. :)

18. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Hi, Tom! Welcome!

19. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Hey! Glad to see you made it over here!

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Welcome, Tom! You are now part of the tribe.

Hope you can make it to the Dec. meeting to see what all the fun is about.

21. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    Welcome aboard, Tom! It's nice to see another Northern Coloradoan on this board!

22. Yuri1138

Yuri1138 Jedi Knight

Dec 29, 2009
    Name: (First is fine, we're not formal)
    SW Related Interests: (So SIG Leader can harass you)
    Non-SW Related Interests: (So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).
    How did you find this board? (Ouigi Board)

Name: Loren (male)
    SW Related Interests: All movies, toys, collectibles, and video games.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Anime, Manga, Japanese cars, Drifting, Kung Fu, Bruce Lee, Buddhism, Star Craft, Photography, Ska, Punk, Hip-Hop, Dance, Watches, Xbox 360, and more!
    How did you get started on SW?: I've been a Star Wars fan since I was 10 when I first saw Episode 4 on VHS.
    How did you find this board?: A member mention this forum on an anime forum that I am with.

23. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Welcome, you must have meet Obi_Wannabe :D

Pull up a chair & stay awhile, we are all crazy nuts & love many, many things. We meet every 3rd weekend of the month trading off Sat/Sun so it's fair & we change up the location just to keep everyone on their toes.

24. theropod

theropod Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2008
    By the way, since I've been active again here for the past few days, I'll reintroduce myself although a few RMFF members do know me.
    ? Brack Lee from Boulder County
    ? 501st member and Snowy Range Squad leader.
    ? Married w/two kids, 6 y/o boy and 4 y/o girl.
    ? Avid boardsport participant and very competitive mountainboarder. (recently retired from pro competition that took me all over the counrty and even to England)
    ? Been in various Star Wars groups since I first got online as a kid about 15 years ago.
    ? Pay the bills creating technical graphics for litigation and remediation support for an environmental consulting agency.
    ? Troop as a Snowtrooper (dirty) and Stormtrooper. Currently working on a Bespin Luke because I've been told I could pass for a Luke.

25. SkyGlider

SkyGlider Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2010
    Hi. I'm Jeff from Fort Collins. I am a member of the 501st (TK-6897) and am currently working on a Rebel Pilot (X-Wing) costume. My first official troop was at the St. Patricks Day parade last year, and it was awesome. My children often troop with me as Jawas (they were there at StarFest last year, and were part of our award winning group). Just thought I'd check in and say hello, and I'll look forward to meeting those of you that I don't know already.