main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Welcome to the RMFF! Hope to see you at our next meeting=)

2. georgeoflegend

georgeoflegend Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2010
    Thanks, I will try. I couldn't find the time.

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    2 pm.

And welcome!

4. MajGeneralGezlin

MajGeneralGezlin Jedi Master

Jul 30, 2008
    Alrighty, here I go.

Name: Alex
    SW Related Interests: Writing, Theatre, Video Games, Legos, Reading, Fake Lightsaber dueling.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Hmm.... Golf, sleeping, and... other Sci-Fi things.
    How did you get started on SW: In 1997, My dad bought the OT on VHS when they released the OT on VHS for the final time before the Special Editions came out. (My mom said that's when she "Lost me")
    How did you find this board? I heard DieWompRatDie (I think) leave a voicemail on the ForceCast, so that led me to google the site, then led me here.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Welcome!

I would like to hear more about this.

6. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
  7. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Welcome!

...DieWompRatDie shakes puppies![face_beatup]

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome, Alex! Glad you found your way here. If you're planning on going to CV, hopefully we can catch up there.

The Forcecast is the "official podcast of theforce.net and rebelscum.com." They do an awesome job putting together a weekly show (and then some with extra shows) about Star Wars news, Billy Dee Williams quote of the week, celebration updates, and much more. The production values make this podcast very listenable.

They wanted listeners to call in and talk about what Celebration means to them. I talked about what the RMFF and the FanForce in general has meant to me and about my plans to volunteer at the FanForce table and for Official Pix. Gotta give back to the community.

Guess I was in the latest episode! Woot! If you haven't heard the show, you gotta give it a listen at www.forcecast.net.

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    So it's in the one dated the 30th? I must've missed it. Do you recall what part of the show it's in? (At the beginning, or toward the end maybe?)

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    You can hear it at about 25:15 of the episode on the 30th. Right before the Randy Martinez interview.
    I think I sound okay. Not too nasally.

11. Sakiko-Art

Sakiko-Art Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2010
    Hey there totally didn't know that there was a Colorado group and I'm really excited that I found one.

Name: Kaela
    SW Related Interests: Character creation, Art, Comics, Novels, Video Games.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Drawings, Writing, Photography, Video Games, Looking at cars, Exploring new places.
    How did you get started on SW: Ever since I watched the VHS of A New Hope with my parents I've been hooked.
    I was maybe five and I would always be out on my tricycle pretending they were speeder bikes and my imaginary friend's name was Luke Skywalker.
    How did you find this board? The ForceCast. DieWompRatDie was talking a bout RMFF and I tracked this place down.

Oh and I'll be at Celebration so maybe I'll see yah around.

12. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Welcome Sakiko! There are a bunch of us going to Celebration, including the infamous DieWompRatDie. Make sure you come by the Jedi Council/FanForce table at CV and say hi!

13. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Welcome everyone! If you're not going to CV, I think we will be having Open Cockpit with the X-Wing at the Wings Over the Rockies Museum that same weekend from 10:00 - 2:00, so watch for posts on that!

14. Deliciosa

Deliciosa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2010
    Welcome, Sakiko!

15. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    Name: Nick Arkis
    SW Related Interests: Love then entire Saga, The Clone Wars, the EU books, pretty much any Star Wars video game, heck I even have the Ewok movies
    Non-SW Related Interests: Love to read and write. I like a variety of sports: football, baseball, basketball, tennis. Very into hiking and backpacking. I read most epic fantasy these days, but I love scifi as well. Other series I enjoy are Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galatica, Fire Fly, and Dune
    How did you get started on SW: I've known Star Wars for as long as I can remember. I have no idea as to which movie I saw first. According to my mother, Star Wars was among the first words I learned to say when I first started talking. Even though I was born the year of Jedi, I still consider myself one of the OT era fans. However, as a total fanboy, I love all things Star Wars and love the PT, The Clone Wars, and the EU.
    How did you find this board?
    Heard about this board on the ForceCast. I am very glad to have found some fans in my area. Nice to not feel so alone! I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you.

16. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    welcome nick!

Glad to have you here! :) Please join us on Sunday!

17. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    Welcome!

Also, nice board name!

18. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    hey i just heard this...good job JT!

19. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    I heard about this group on the July 30th ForceCast. I just looked, and it's 26:29 into the show. Johnny from Denver, I think the name was DieWrompratDie. (Good name)

20. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Welcome to our new folks! Hope to see you at future events!

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Close. :D

22. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004

Name: Anthony
    SW Related Interests: Any and Most....
    Non-SW Related Interests: Concerts,Movies,Music,Art...And so on....
    How did you get started on SW: Ever Since I was kid...IT was always Star Wars...

Oh...Im going to me more involed and promise to show up at to atleast 4-5 meetings a year or something like that..

23. Outside_Enemy

Outside_Enemy Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2010
    Hello... I know almost nothing about RMFF, but I'm going to take a stab at this...

Name: Vernon
    SW Related Interests: books, video games, lightsaber construction (a very new interest)
    Non-SW Related Interests: books, video games (sound familiar?)... philosophy, politics...
    How did you get started on SW: I really can't remember... I've been into SW since I was quite young. I would watch the movies on VHS endlessly as a child, and I was really into the books. It was great when, as a freshman in high school (iirc), The Phantom Menace finally gave us a black Jedi Council member. Before Windu, it was mostly just me and Billy Dee... cool, but not the same.
    How did you find this board? I purchased an awesome belt (via ebay) to finish a costume (my first costume, Halloween or otherwise, since middle school) from a member, and RMFF was recommended.

I guess that I just wanted to drop in with a little introduction. Currently, my SW-related endeavors include constructing my own lightsaber via TCSS. I've been agonizing over the following dilemma: single- or double-bladed. I won't involve you in my insanity and utter inability to settle on one over the other (and my preference is to make the call and stick with it... none of this back-and-forth-use-both business for me)... but I thought that I'd mention it.

Yo.

24. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Welcome! We're having a meeting Saturday if you'd like to join us!

25. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    :D Welcome!

My own attempt at lightsaber and blaster construction, both still in progress.

[image=http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu265/gundark/DSCI0099-1.jpg]