main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Zenastynn

Zenastynn Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2017
    Name:: Jason
    SW Related Interests: Im a huge fan of the ancient Sith and early Rule of Two Sith, Bane and Zannah are my favorites, I love the books and Im also a very active player of SWTOR.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Reading and video games.
    How did you get started on SW: My mother introduced me when I was very young, Ive been hooked ever since.
    How did you find this board? Online search

2. Zenastynn

Zenastynn Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2017
    oops, not sure how I double posted

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome Zenastynn! Glad you found us. Your mother must be a very wise Jedi master. ;)
    Hope to see you at an in-person event, if that's your thing. We have a BBQ this weekend and a Rifftrax get together next Friday.
    And, if you haven't already, come like our page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/RockyMountainFanForce/

4. Zenastynn

Zenastynn Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2017
    Thanks, I plan on attending tomorrow :)

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  5. Frank K

Frank K Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2017
    Greetings everyone!

I've attended a few Trivia panels at Denver Comic Con, where I have learned just how uninformed I am!

Anyway, I've signed up for the forums and I'm looking to chatting with everyone here. I promise to be civil and an upstanding citizen of the New Republic.

About me: I'm 57 and earn my living as a software engineer. I'm married and have 3 adult children.

Fun Star Wars trivia: when my daughter married, our father/daughter dance was a lightsaber duel!

Cheers,

Frank

AuttyBot likes this.
  6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

You've taken your first step into a larger world...

Glad you found us via DCC trivia! I'm your illustrious game show host, DWRD.
    Hope you can come to one of our get togethers in person and meet the crew. Who knows...maybe you'll help run the show next year, if you want?

AuttyBot likes this.
  7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Welcome, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Wes Thornton

Wes Thornton Jedi Padawan

Nov 22, 2017
    Name: Wes
    SW- been a fan when I saw it in 77. Have seen all the others since. You don’t know the power of the dark side...
    Non-SW Related Interests: Costuming, Jeeping, and the mustang on the nice days for a drive.also a fan of the battle star galactica circa 1978. Restoration crew at the wing over the Rockies.
    How did you get started on SW: was hooked when I saw it in 1977. Old enough to remember it, still like ROTJ best.
    How did you find this board? Asked around to find Other SW nuts, think I found it.

9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Welcome! As a fellow Thornton, I welcome more of our surname to the tribe.

10. Ben Shrann

Ben Shrann Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2017
    Name: Ben "Nemo" Shrann
    SW Related Interests: The movies of course, the Lego and SW: TFU games, Empire and First Order Astromech droids and most Sith practitioners (I'm a BAAAAAAD BOY >:) , I am also working on a life sized, BB-9E that is fully functional as a real A.I. Astromech, not as an oversized toy
    Non-SW Related Interests: physics theorist and research, alternate energy research and inventor (off the clock ;) )
    How did you get started on SW: my affinity for science and fantasy naturally attracted me to such an epic opera as SW is
    How did you find this board? just happened by accident while Googling for others like myself who organized and did a Star Wars version of Rocky Horror Picture Show (it was for the 10 year high school reunion on Halloween 2 years ago, lightsabre shaped vodka jello shots, make it a blast)

11. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
  12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  13. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
  14. chunkeymodest

chunkeymodest Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2010
    Oooooook!! Third or fourth or whatever time is the charm.
    Name: Chek, he/him pronouns. Its the internet. everyone assumes guy until proven otherwise anyways.
    Age: Old enough to legally drink, not old enough to buy a car
    SW Related Interests: Oh, oh my force. If you havent seen my now massive collection of really useless and worthless stuff I hoard, you proabably don't know me and never ask to see. Just, don't. I also rp. I'm a mando'ade. I want to join the Mando Mercs one day and troop. Hmmmm........... theres other nsfw stuff I wont go into.
    Non-SW Related Interests: table top RPG's, I love dnd 5th and I'm in love with something my friend home brewed. Uhm, anime, manga, star trek, Harry Potter, hitchhiker's guide to the galxy(NOT the movie tyvm), I dabble in Marvel and DC, I do lace making called tatting, and last but most important. I'm a geography nerd. Specifically GIS. Google it, don't ask me. You'll get a rhetoric.
    How did you get started on SW: I found my cousins old VHS copies of the original trilogy, my tv had a built in vhs player with a headphone jack, and I have suffered insomnia since as long as I can remember. And thus, an obsession was born!
    How did you find this board? I have ben on TFN since 2005. I joined as a young teenager and found a family and friends for a very long time. I'm finally able to return after getting away from a bad situation. This is fourth or fifth time I have posted in here. Geez. Talk about commitment issues. Maybe this is the origin of my Aro ness.

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  16. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Hello! My name is Kim.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome, Kim! ;)

18. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

19. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Oooh Kimmy.

20. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Name is Anthony with the last movie of the saga coming out I thought it would be cool to come in and see whats going on with the RMFF
    miss you all....Looks like you have all grown and are keeping everything strong as ever..
    Congrats

21. jakob schutz

jakob schutz Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2019
    Name: Jake
    SW Related Interests: Fan of the Movies, Games, Book, Comics, TV, Cosplay and More
    Non-SW Related Interests: Gamer, Video Production Hobbyist, Member of the Free Mason,
    How did you get started on SW: I watch Star War and been a fan every since I can remember. I use to cosplay until I got to overweight to feel comfortable in doing it. I now enjoy introducing my kids into the universe that I love.
    How did you find this board? I found this board in an epic quest to communicate with the Rocky mountain fan force for an event that our Masonic loge is hosting and we would like to invite a Star Wars Fans down to the Masonic Lodge on May 11 for a Breakfast and Car Show in sterling Colorado. We would like to do something really cool for this car show that would draw a crowd and I suggested that we get the fan force and maybe even the X-wing down for this even. I am not good at these forms so Let me know where to post this or how to contact y'all if i don't get a response I will dry to attend one of you meeting but it a three hour drive to Denver.

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome, Jake!
    If you're looking for people in costume to attend, I'd recommend contacting the 501st (Mountain Garrison) or the Rebel Legion (Mountain Base).
    If you're looking to just invite us to attend, could you post a link or more details about the event in a separate thread? That may be the best way to bring attention to it.
    Thanks and we appreciate you coming over to our boards to post!

23. Borsa Beden

Borsa Beden Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2019
    Name: Sam
    SW Related Interests: Practically anything.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Video games, board games, card games, movies, music, tv
    How did you get started on SW: It's a long and personal story, but if any of the admins PM me I will tell them. Let's just say it was a lifeline.
    How did you find this board? I found out about this board and the RMFF in a video from Comic-Con 2015.

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    corran_r9 likes this.
  25. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    I missed this one too! Welcome Sam, sorry we're a bit late. Not a timely bunch. We'll be at Denver Pop Culture Con this year, swing by and say Hi.