main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Round Robin...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, I thought this was a good idea for a couple reasons. You guys have some of the most active imaginations I know, therefore I know something written by the group will be very interesting. Also the finishing rate for a Round Robin is very low, but I know that the RMFF posts regualarly and you do not vanish off the face of the earth, so unless the intrest drops to nothing this will be finished.

Now let me explain what a Round Robin is, I know that some of you may not post on the FanFiction board, so this may be a new term. A Round Robin is a story written by several people. Usually the all develop one or two characters that interact in the story. What makes this different from an RPG game is that authors are allowed to write for the other characters (of course you can't do anything major to the character with out the authors permission.) And if the scene deals with a specific character quite a bit it is polite to pm the post to the characters creator before posting the scene.

Now I just want to know who thinks that this might be a good idea? Jen will even have something to put up on the library page! :D

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Sounds like a great idea!

If you want to work on this post it in here and then work on a character to throw into the mix. Once you have a good bead on your character, post a profile in here.

We should a put, what, a 2 week time limit on getting your characters done before we start the story.

Sarah, since you had the idea, why don't you come up w/ the first scenario.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Basically I'm going to come up with an outline of what should happen. Major events etc..

I'll do that tommorrow. For now if you would like to participate, just start thinking of a possible character... :)

4. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I think this is a great idea. Do you know which time period the story will be set in?

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm thinking about right before the beggining of the Old Republic... think the formation of the Jedi Council :D

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Perfect, I already have a character or two in mind. I'll start working on them tomorrow!

7. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    It sound s fun. Although I never know what I'll be doing until about 10 mins. before I do it. I don't know when I'd ever be able to post for it 'cause it takes me a while to think. Then I start getting writer's block, but I guess I can do it.

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, here's the senario...

This is before the Republic and before any of the Jedi were 'unionized' ;)

Jedi are scattered all over the galaxy, they are slightly aware that there are others like themselves, but other than that they do what they believe they need to do. Meanwhile numerous planets are being attacked by a mysterious assailant (sith no doubt) and they decided to join together to become more powerful. As the republic is being formed, the Jedi start to gather. They recognize that they are the only ones who can defeat the sith, but they also know that they need to be together to do it, so near the end of the story they form the council...

So what do you all think? :D

Here's my character:

Name: Elassi Mehand
    Hair/eyes: silver hair, cut short/brown eyes
    build: tall and athletic, but she is losing that with age
    Bio: The ruler of the planet Chandrilla, she is also a Force adept. This is what has made her such a great ruler. In her youth it helped unite the planet under one government, and in her age to train her grandchildren in the special abilities they have inherited from her. Her powers have been hidden from the public eye, but to other officials it is no secret. She longs to meet others of her kind, but know that it would be impossible. With the sudden unkown enemy she knows that things are on the verge of major change.

Ok. Now I hope everyone just tries to write on this. It could be a ton of fun :)

Post your characters and in a few weeks we can begin!

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Great start. I'll have a character ready tonight. And some background "NPC's" later in the week.

10. BountyHunter-Firefly

Aug 27, 2002
    I'm thinking. I should have a character by tonight.

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Up! I'll get some others to see this.

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Sorry, I've been hooked on this FanFic, so I haven't had time to work on my character; maybe this weekend. :( [face_blush]

13. BountyHunter-Firefly

Aug 27, 2002
    Name: Cobe Rahn (Pronounced kOb run)
    Species: Zabrak
    Home Planet: Iridonia
    Horns: Sharpened to points, like those of Darth Maul
    Eyes: Green
    Build: 1.8 Meters tall, Muscular Build
    Weight: 170 lbs
    Bio:
    While tatooing was part of the Zabraks culture he was the first of his species with full body tatoos. The colors of black, green, blue, and yellow covered his body in intricate designs. His Jedi abilities helped him endure the pain of the tatooing process. One of the first Zabraks to have Jedi abilities, he and the few others banded together to test themselves against one another. Their powers grew every day. By the time they were in thier early teens they were able to levitate large boulders, run faster, jump much higher, and sense other beings around them. About this time the technology had advanced far enough that some people were able to make "laser swords"(most of which were non-functional, and some blew up upon activation either killing or maiming it's creator); however, it was a daunting task that required much skill and concentrarion. Most took about a year to complete. The extensive labor in constructing one of these "laser swords" was almost the result of them never being used by anyone. The "Gifted Ones" as they were known were able to make functional "lightsabers",as they called them, within 6 months. Cobe and his friends were able to buy a space freighter so that they might visit other planets in their region and find others like themselves.

14. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    ok, im hooked. One quick question...is there any possibility that we could encorperate any battles and non-force users into the mix...and if you could incorperate any of this into the story i would be very interested.

if not, thats ok. Ill think of someway to enter into the stroy...i have a rough draft of a character, so nothing is set in stone... :) :D

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Definetly there will be battles. Expect that. And there always has to be non force movers. :D

16. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Then i will get on that.

So, we are talking pre-republican area, approx. year in relation with ANH?

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm not sure exactally what the time period is. The Hyperdrive does exsist, but currently it takes much time to get from planet to planet. But it is really starting to debevelop. Planets near each other have started to have space wars and things like that. Intergalactic trade is starting to flourish and so are the pirates that thrive on that kind of thing. Smugglers are starting to branch out and no longer smuggle things around on their planet, but things onto their planet and vice versa.

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Up! The more who join the better it will be :D

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Almost done w/ my character. Hope to have it up later today.

20. BountyHunter-Firefly

Aug 27, 2002
    HELP!!!!
    HELP!!!!
    I can't think of a name for my character. I'm an un-imaginative dolt.

21. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    This site has a great selection.

Baby Names

Try using a definition and looking that up then choosing from the list.

22. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Try the jedi name generator on our website :D

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
  24. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I already have a name & a basic background for my character. I just need to finalize my ideas.

One problem. I cant write. I think I would make a great collaborator (sp?) cause I think my ideas are good, but I would need someone else to make it sound cool on paper. How could we do that? I doubt anyone wants to write their story AND mine, and I wouldnt want my parts to be the weak point of the story.
    Any ideas?

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'll tell you what, I'm the one short on ideas most of the time. Why don't you and I use our characters together? We can put the outline together, and then flesh out the piece after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.