main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Round Robin...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Josh, Round robins are some of the best things to practice writing on. If you never write how will you get better?

I think collaborating with Jen is a good idea tho, she'll show you how to do stuff. :)

2. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :D

Ill send you my info in a PM (hopefully tonight) & we'll go from there.

good, yes, hmmm ?

EDIT: very true sarah. maybe I should try something before I say I suck at it. I think I'll try what Jen suggested & maybe try to write a section of my own at some point. But I have more brain activity than time right now, so I'll start out with someone helping me just so I dont blow the whole story to bits.

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I just sent my first character attempt off to Josh. As soon as I get some feedback from him, I'll post it here. :D

4. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    looks great!
    I'm going to incorporate mine & i will post it soon.

5. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Oooh, sounds like fun! :D What do I have to do, make up a character? I'll get right on it! (Well, at least on the weekend. ;) )

*SB*

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey Ashleigh, did you know that someone used your name for a ship name in a FanFic? I actually thought maybe it was an homage.

Glad to have you on board.

I invited the PFF as well, but I don't know if we'll have any takers.

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Wonderful! The more the merrier! :D

8. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Really? [face_shocked] You had me confuzzled for a moment there, I thought you meant they named the ship Ashleigh! [face_laugh]

*SB*

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    SB-NO!!!! [face_laugh] It was Kyp Durron's Ship, the Starblazer. So, everytime they use the ship's name I chuckle a little. It's in Revelation (a Jaina/Jag fic written by Jedi Princess Solo)

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay here is a rough sketch of my first character.

Name: Meesahran Tofallin (Mees)
    Species: Corellian (You know they are, no one else is that pig-headed)
    Height: 2 meters
    Physical Description: Medium build, Long, Coarse Gold and White, Wavy hair (white in natural streaks from an illness as a young child). Muscular legs, but a lithe torso (elegant, but fast movement). Eyes are emerald green, but tend to change colors w/ her mood. Has a tattoo on her left shoulder of an unknown symbol (except to her parents who are long dead)
    Background: Mees was discovered my her Master, another adept, while travelling through the planet Corellia (Coronet City). Her master was immediately drawn to her through a bond in the Force. Mees lived in the streets of Coronet City as a messenger/scout for one of the smuggler's groups, w/ whom she retains a working a relationship.

Personality: Mees is strong willed and terribly observant. Almost nothing gets past her keen sense of observation and her powers of analysis enable her to be prepared for any situation.

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Here's a couple more characters for the mix.

Name: Traygar Anshul
    Species: Male Togorian (Bipedal Battle Cat)
    Height: 3 meters
    Physical Description: Very tall, overly muscular build w/ swirled and striped fur in Orange, Gold & Black alternating colors. Gaping Scar across right eye, going from the left ear to just below the right eye. Golden Eyes, w/ red accents. Approx. 75 years old (Togoroians have a complex way of calculating age).
    Background: Pilot and bodyguard for the leader of a Corellian smuggler chief. Traygar lost a mate challenge and was forced from his homeworld (origin of scar).
    Personality: He is extremely loyal and amazingly strong, but a bit conspicuous, so he is used as a bodyguard instead of a scout. His troubles on his homeworld have left him a solitary creature, but once he befriends someone they are friends for life (and Togorians live a long time).

Name: Falion Mussiri
    Species: Male Human (Alderaani)
    Height: 1.7 meters
    Physical Description: Small, thin build, graying-dark hair kept in a thick braid. Wears a mustachio, that drapes down onto his chest. Amber eyes, hidden under very thick gray eyebrow. Middle to Late Aged (hard to tell) His thin and fragile appearance betrays his agility and underlying strength.
    Background: Falion is a Force user who befriends Mees while on a trip to Coronet City to meet w/ a smuggler chief. Drawn to her through a Force bond, he becomes her mentor, and promises to show her how to use her innate Force abilities. They now travel together on his starship, SkyDancer.
    Personality: Falion is a quiet and unassuming man, believing in the higher values of the religious sects of Alderaan. He is also very strong in the Force, and is able to manipulate minds w/ amazing ease, and re-direct energy using only his body.

12. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    Wow ZOO you've got some good characters goin on. :)

13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm really good at character developement, it's the follow through that I have trouble w/. Which makes this a great project for me!

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I really like characters. And the great thing about Round robins is you can really grow attached to those characters and there is a chance to really develope them.

I have one that I use in all most of my stories. This guy has taken on a life of his own.

This is really shaping up. I am quite excited to see how this is going to go. :D

15. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    I did it; I finaly did it. My charachter has a name at last.

Cobe Rahn it's pronounced kOb(w/ long o sound) run.

Woo Woo.

Now I'm really excited.

16. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    Name: Jae-Lee Reklaw
    Species: Human Male. Corellian
    Height: approx 2 meters
    Physical Description: Medium build. Brown hair, Blue eyes. Tattoo on right shoulder shaped like an arrowhead, containing a variation of (what he believes is) a family symbol. 28 years old. 2 blue lightsabers. He built one of them himself at age 16. The origin of the other remains a secret that Jae would give his life to keep.
    Background: Was "adopted" & started working with a small criminal organization on Corellia after being seperated from his parents when he was 10. His mother is believed to be alive, while his father (who wore the same tattoo) was reportedly killed. Growing up, he secretly practiced and developed his strange gifts, which he used to survive his youth as a thief and spy. At about age 20 he left the group, but still maintains occasional contact & keeps an open working relationship to make ends meet while searching for his family, and his destiny.
    Personality: At first he may appear quiet and withdrawn, but Jae is quick to befriend, help, & sometimes protect people who he feels comfortable with. (Something he decides almost immediately when meeting others.) He moves around a lot, trying (often unsuccessfully) to keep his attachments few and far between. With constant physical training, he stays prepared for the trouble he cant seem to avoid, no matter how hard he tries.

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Awesome work, Josh!! I think Ashleigh may be our last hold out on main characters.

I have a couple of other background people I'm working on, but this is shaping up great.

Sarah-Can we run this as open for participation? You know, get started and then if someone else wants to join they just have to submit a character to you?

18. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Here's yet another one.

Name: Toman Higaeri
    Species: Human Male (Chandrillan)
    Height: 1.7 meters
    Physical Description: Middle Aged man, brown hair, brown eyes, full beard (brown, flecked w/ gray hair to show his age). Starting to develop a bit of a paunch, but otherwise, fit.
    Background: Toman is an intergalactic ?merchant.? He front business is totally above board, but his fortune did not come from that part of the family business. His front business is an import company in the main port city of Chandrilla that he inherited from his mother, who got it from her father. However, his real business is a smuggling group that fences their goods through the import company. His smuggling group has a corner on all of the trade between Corellia and Chandrilla. Having never married, Toman is very close to the children of his brother (Flen, a financier on Chandrilla, w/ some backing from his older brother)
    Personality: Toman is a very charming, and charismatic man. People are naturally drawn to him, and his powers of negotiation are unequaled in the galaxy. A stern employer, but a fair one. He expects productivity & loyalty from his people, but he also rewards them commensurately.

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Wow, I think I'm going to have to add a couple more characters to keep up with you Jen!

You're all coming up with wonderful ideas! :D

And I think that it would fine if more people could join in at any time.

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I have been putting all of these together into MSWord. So, I'll upload it onto the website once we get all of the main characters worked out. I've got a page already designed for the Round Robin! :D

21. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Sorry about this being late, but here i go:

Name: Silvas Orian
    Species: Chandrillan
    Height: 2.2 meters
    Physical Description: The all around good guy. Blonde hair and green eyes, he is the head of The Chandrillian Defense force, and carrying with it the creation of Chandrilla's first Navy. His demeanor is cool, calm, collective, and compassionate-he always helps a person in need. He is physically fit, and takes pride in his grooming.
    Background: Born and bred on Chandrilla. He lived with his family until he joind the military at 18 yrs old. But when he reached 24 yrs old, he had risen high and was asked to spearhead the defense of Chandrilla as a whole. He started with the project, and it seems to have success, even though it is in its infant stages...

This will be hard...i have no clue on the ships...hehe... :D

P.S. Is that ok? good?

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Great job Miccu! :D

And Jen, you already have a page? :D This is going to be really cool I think.

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey, Sarah? Do you think you could put together some artisitc renderings of the characters for the site? (Except for Josh's character, we already have a rendering for his). That would kind of cool to keep a character database up on the page.

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ooo! I think I can! It may be a bit... wait a min, I have all of tomorrow instead of doing homework :D hehe...

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    No rush on my account, it was just an idea I had for the Round Robin Page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.