RMFF Round Robin...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Swomz Jedi Master

star 4
    can I join in, even tho my posts may be somewhat sporadic
  2. BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Knight

star 3
    Man. After reading some of the other characters bios and stuff I think my character's thing(I don't know the word I'm searching for) is way before the time frame we want to use. I dunno. Help a brotha out.
  3. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Not necisarily. You can make it work. I was planning on having my character use something like a fencing foil instead of a lightsaber or anything like that. And that lightspeed exsists, but it is still really slow. Like things are just starting to resemble star wars technology.

For example, bacta probably doesn't exist. People don't live as long. There is less contact between planets, even though there obviously has been quite a bit, it is just between governments and traders. Smugglers and stuff are flourishing because planetary customs and stuff is just developing, since hyperdrive(even though it's been around for a while) it has just recently become practical.

Does any of this make sense?
  4. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Miccu-Do you mean that he joins the first "Interstellar Navy?" Because Chandrilla is a sea-port based system of communities (I think that's why Mon Mothma & Ackbar get along so well).

Ashleigh-Where are you?!! Still waiting on your character, please. ;) :)
  5. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    BTW-I'm hoping to have some of the background stuff up tonight. Sarah & I have been fleshing out the details that everyone has asked about.
  6. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    so you use pydyrian healing sticks, right? not quite as nice as bacta, but still can patch your characters up.
  7. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    JKB-Are you joining up? We'd love to have another participant!
  8. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    sure i guess i will join up. so i need a char with a background right?
    is there any roll that needs to be filled I.E. medic, smuggler, guy in the background, mechanic etc...?
  9. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Maybe a something in the lines of Govt or Trader (legal that is). We've got one military guy, but maybe you could represent another planet in the vicinity. We're going to stick pretty close to the Chandrilla/Corellia areas (due to time of travel between anything more distant).
  10. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Oooo, maybe you could be one of the people who starts up CorSec!!
  11. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    ok. a early corsec. now i just gotta figure out a background.
  12. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Don't be afraid to make them a bad@$$. I don't think we really have anyone that fits that title yet.
  13. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    a bad@$$...i think i can pull off a cop better that way.
  14. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Here's a quick peek at what I'm working on:

It is a time of great change, and a new awareness is beginning to flood the galaxy. A curious scattering of mystics are appearing throughout the galaxy, and they are beginning to become aware of the singular abstraction that ties them to one another.

The burgeoning industry of hyperspace travel and trade routes is in its infancy. Everyday, someone finds a new world to open trade with and goods to import to their people, at a profit. However, for every one merchant trader, there are three smugglers behind the scenes. Although these respectable merchants offer good money for the goods being brought to them, there is another market (a less than legal one) that offers a far greater profit. In many sectors, a smuggler chief sets up shop in order to corner a specific market or trade route. Through the use of piracy, and other less than legal means, these smuggler chiefs work to control the trade in their areas and most times work right alongside the more respectable merchants (mostly as fronts). It is a time of great capitalistic ideals. The rule of the day in most sectors is; Money makes the rules.

15. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Okay, I think I have the intro to our little story worked out (at least the first draft). Let me know what you think, as I am open to criticism and suggestions.

It is a time of great change, and a new awareness is beginning to flood the galaxy. Hyperspace travel is a reality, and even though it is still time consuming, the trade industry and the wealthy elite have discovered a taste for this new technology. Scatterings of mystics are appearing throughout the galaxy, all tied to a curious abstraction that sets them apart from the other religious figures in the galaxy, whether it is called The Force, the White Current, The Will or a thousand other terms, these groups are beginning to become aware of the similarities between their paths and gifts. Planetary governments are becoming a reality throughout the galaxy, the banner of ?One World, One Government? is being waved in nearly every civilized sector of the galaxy. However, this is not always a perfect arrangement, in many sectors these planetary governments are ruled by the will of a few tyrannical elite.

The burgeoning industry of hyperspace travel and trade routes is in its infancy. Everyday, someone finds a new world to open trade with and goods to import to their people, at a profit. However, for every one merchant trader, there are three smugglers behind the scenes. Although these respectable merchants offer good money for the goods being brought to them, there is another market (a less than legal one) that offers a far greater profit. In many sectors, a smuggler chief sets up shop in order to corner a specific market or trade route. Through the use of piracy, and other less than legal means, these smuggler chiefs work to control the trade in their areas and most times work right alongside the more respectable merchants (mostly as fronts). It is a time of great capitalistic ideals. The rule of the day in most sectors is; Money makes the rules.

Many of the planets are adopting a form of planetary government; most notably the planets of the Corellian Sector and Chandrilla (the powerhouses of the new interstellar trade industries). The Chandrillans have gone so far as to form an Interstellar Navy in the hopes of building a strong defense of the planet and it?s resources and in an effort to thwart the attempts of the many pirates that have invaded their trade routes. The Corellian Sector has had less success in this avenue, due in part to their insistence that each of the planets in that Sector should join forces to create a unified defense of the area. There has been a great reluctance to turn over power to a single entity, but there is a force on the horizon that may prove capable of the task of uniting the Corellian Sector under a single banner.

The Corellian Ship Builder Unions have already proven themselves to be the finest engineers of hyperspace freighters in the galaxy. However, the Kuati Drive Yards Corporation is in constant competition w/ them as the lead supplier of travel craft for the elite members of society, and recently they have been dabbling in the defense class vessels (much to the dismay of the Chandrillan government their longtime rivals). A commercial trade war is in the brewing, especially if another player is introduced into the fray.

A strange and growing population of gifted individuals has begun to appear and congregate across the galaxy. Many of them have been called seers, or magicians, or even lunatics, and they all share a common bond, a connection to each other through an unknown ?Force.? They are able to sense one another, even over great distances. There are three major groups (meeting in secret and slowly developing a series of doctrines for themselves); Followers of the Force, The Path of the White Current, and Those of the Will. They all seem to be setting out on similar paths, though each are only vaguely aware of one another. A fourth group, vastly different from the previous three, has begun to come together as an antithesis to the other three groups. Where The Force, The White Current a
  16. BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is Iridonia anywhere near there? I wish I had a Total Map(every planets location) of the SW Galaxy. Anyone know where I can view one(other than the books) or buy one?
  17. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    I'll research that and see what I come up w/, but I can always squeeze a plausible explanation in there somewhere.
  18. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You did a great job Jen! I'll try to come up with some info on Chandrila for everyone, but I don't know when it will be done...
  19. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    iridonia is not near the core. its right over by ord mantell and almost on the on the border of the unknown regions.

i could not find chandrila on my map. does anyone know what planets or hyperspace lanes lie close by it so i can find it better.
  20. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Chandrila
    the homeworld of Mon Mothma and Dev Sibwarra, Chandrila is a forested world broken by grassy plains and urban centers. A naturally beautiful world, Chandrila has two continents surrounded by vast oceans. Located in the Bormea Sector of the Core Systems, it was one of the few worlds that openly opposed Palpatine's New Order. When Mon Mothma defected from the New Order and formed the Alliance, there was no immediate retaliation on Chandrila, although tariffs and taxes grew over the years until the inhabitants began anticipating it. The birthrate among the native human population was lower than that of te rest of the galaxy, and so children were considered very special to them. According to Rebellion, Chandrila is located in Sesswenna Sector.

And the other question:
    Iridonia
    Darth Sidious told Darth Maul that he was a native of this planet, located in the Mid Rim. Sidious explained that he found Maul as a baby and took him in to train as his apprentice. (JDM, IWE1)

Zabrak
    this was the native language of the Zabrak people, originating from the planet Iridonia. (WOTC)

Zabrak
    this near-human species had several sub-species, each of which was distinguishable by the vestigial horns which ringed their heads. They are known for their ability to withstand great amounts of pain. The Zabrak races were native to the planet Iridonia, but discovered the ability to travel through space early in the history of the Old Republic. The strong will and self-confidence of the Zabrak led them to establish a number of colonies on remote worlds, each as loyal to its colony as to their homeworld.

Best single source of SW info on the net, CUSWE!
  21. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    :mad: its not on my big map. i cant find it anywhere.

btw does anyone else have the wall map that was in the gamer?
  22. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    I have another Galaxy Map and a DB of planets, but I have to dig it out. I can't find it right now. Maybe later. The Core Worlds were not terribly defined. Maybe in some old West end Games books?

EDIT: It's in the Core Worlds, very close to anything else in the Core

EDIT2:I'm going to upload that file (I found it) to the website, but you'll need Excel to open it.
  23. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
  24. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    I found another map file that is pretty good, but it still doesn't show much in the core. The Excel file does show it, if you can read X-Y coordinates, and it is very close to Corellia (w/ a specific route mentioned). That Excel file was made from the old RPG info, so I'd call it pretty reliable (since that is what the authors have been given to use).
  25. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Here's two new bios...

Name: Lady Barevi Lusankya
    Species: Chandrilan
    Description: 1.9 Meters Very thin elegant build (like those old actresses that always has a cigarette hanging out of their mouth) Long thick black hair and green eyes.
    Background: The member of an old Chandrilan family she has considerable power over her assets(several merchants who work for her). The Lusankya family originally was also rulers of a chandrilan provice, but with planetary rule she was cheated out of her chance at control of her domain. Traditionally the family has had many secrets, including the practice of 'the dark ways'. Her great grandfather had lived on the home planet of the Sith and has learned their ways before he returned to Chandrila.
    Barevi excells in mind control and experiments with drugs that will enchance her abilities or make her subjects more 'moldable'

Name: Lord Corevi Lusankya
    Species: Chandrilan
    Description: 1.86 meters, thick black hair, green eyes, lanky build. He looks very much like his sister Barevi.
    Background: Has always loved controlling people. But unlike his sister he have very violent tendancies and enjoys any kind of bloody sports. He's very impulsive and his sister tends to keep him in check.

Both currently live on Corellia due to the fact that they have made themselves unwelcome on their home planet. They tried to instigate unrest when the current ruler of Chandrila united the planet...
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.