main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Round Robin...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Upping this for a new person and to let you know that there should be some new stuff up this weekend :D I have been working on my Kuati scumbags ;)

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    And talking about SPAM... I have a post I'll be putting up :) I tried to revise it a bit under the advisement of Jen, but I decided to supplement it's deficiencies in the next one after it. :D

3. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    what I clicked on the cd thread and it opened this one . my bad.

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay People!!! Listen Up!!! I want to get some posts from people, please :D

I'm working on another one of my character groups right now. So, I would like to see something from the rest of you in my PM/email box before I leave for Minnesota next week.

This is the best time for us to get some posts going so that we can catch some readers during the Holiday/Semester Break. Please get cranking. Also, I am available for any beta-reading/editing/co-writing help that might be needed. Just ask, I'm there for you. If you have any qualms about how I work, just ask Sarah & Miccu, I've already worked w/ them. And if Josh ever gets his rough draft to me, you could ask him too ;) (Big Hint).

Okay, pep talk done, now get writing! :D

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    New Post is Up :D

6. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    She's tough, but she will give you great work! ;) :p :D

I am always open for help too, so dont be afraid to come to me for help also!

And Jen....its crunch time for me...i have finals next week...and i WILL be studying. and then, the week after that, ill be in seattle for christmas. So ill try to get something up by then, if not, ill get it up in Seattle. :)

7. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Ok, believe it or not, I really did try to work on mine but ... um.... seriously, it sucked. LOL
    Miccu- I need some serious help with writing the.... thing I asked you about that time ;) . JGoC, ZOO, maybe one of you can help? I know youre all super busy so I'll just try to finish what I started & send it to you. Maybe one of you can help me salvage something out of it.

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Already started on it Josh!

And it doesn't suck, honest. Ask Miccu & Sarah, I'll tell you if it sucks ;)

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, Josh has been holding out on us! ;)

Very good work. And I think MIccu may have found a new author to gush over; fantastic space battle writing.

Just waiting for Josh to get back, read the changes and post it in the story thread :D

Everyone will enjoy this post, of that I am certain!

10. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Cant wait! :D

11. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    New post is up.

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Actually 2 new posts are up. :D

Make sure you guys catch up now, since there will be more later in the week :)

13. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    OK, so I finally just got that you've been posting this in the fanfic forum, I couldn't figure out if it was in this thread or on the site.

TRAITORS!!!!! :p

At least someone go and copy the fanfic in multiple parts in a thread here so we can have the posts. And basically keep it as a mirror of the thread in Fanfic.

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    But that would be spamming :eek:

Okay, I'm on it :D

15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Opening Post - PtrsonsZOO

FORCE DAWN

[i]It is a time of great change, and a new awareness is beginning to flood the galaxy. Hyperspace travel is a reality, and even though it is still time consuming, the trade industry and the wealthy elite have discovered a taste for this new technology. Scatterings of mystics are appearing throughout the galaxy, all tied to a curious abstraction that sets them apart from the other religious figures in the galaxy, whether it is called The Force, the White Current, The Will or a thousand other terms, these groups are beginning to become aware of the similarities between their paths and gifts. Planetary governments are becoming a reality throughout the galaxy; the banner of ?One World, One Government? is being waved in nearly every civilized sector of the galaxy. However, this is not always a perfect arrangement, in many sectors these planetary governments are ruled by the will of a few tyrannical elite.

The burgeoning industry of hyperspace travel and trade routes is in its infancy. Everyday, someone finds a new world to open trade with and goods to import to their people, at a profit. However, for every one merchant trader, there are three smugglers behind the scenes. Although these respectable merchants offer good money for the goods being brought to them, there is another market (a less than legal one) that offers a far greater profit. In many sectors, a smuggler chief sets up shop in order to corner a specific market or trade route. Through the use of piracy, and other less than legal means, these smuggler chiefs work to control the trade in their areas and most times work right alongside the more respectable merchants (mostly as fronts). It is a time of great capitalistic ideals. The rule of the day in most sectors is; Money makes the rules.

Many of the planets are adopting a form of planetary government; most notably the planets of the Corellian Sector and Chandrila (the powerhouses of the new interstellar trade industries). The Chandrillans have gone so far as to form an Interstellar Navy in the hopes of building a strong defense of the planet and it?s resources and in an effort to thwart the attempts of the many pirates that have invaded their trade routes. The Corellian Sector has had less success in this avenue, due in part to their insistence that each of the planets in that Sector should join forces to create a unified defense of the area. There has been a great reluctance to turn over power to a single entity, but there is a force on the horizon that may prove able to the task of uniting the Corellian Sector under a single banner.

The Corellian Ship Builder Unions have already proven themselves to be the finest engineers of hyperspace freighters in the galaxy. However, the Kuati Drive Yards Corporation is in constant competition w/ them as the lead supplier of travel craft for the elite members of society, and recently they have been dabbling in the defense class vessels (much to the dismay of the Chandrillan government). A commercial trade war is in the brewing, especially if another player is introduced into the fray.

A strange and growing population of gifted individuals has begun to appear and congregate across the galaxy. Many of them have been called seers, or magicians, or even lunatics, and they all share a common bond, a connection to each other through an unknown ?Force.? They are able to sense one another, even over great distances. There are three major groups (meeting in secret and slowly developing a series of doctrines for themselves); Followers of the Force, The Path of the White Current, and Those of the Will. They all seem to be setting out on similar paths, though each are only vaguely aware of one another. A fourth group, vastly different from the previous three, has begun to come together as an antithesis to the other three groups. Where The Force, The White Current and The Will all lead their people to work in the greater interest of beings as a whole, the new group (known only as Dark Ones) deal only in

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Jedi Girl of Corellia's Post

The rain pattered on the window of the speeder Elassi Mehand was riding in. Hannah City, the capital of Chandrila, was currently in the rainy season. The elderly queen let her forehead rest against the cold glass of the speeder window. Outside she watched as damp people on the wet streets went about their daily lives. [i]These people are why I am here. But do they need a leader such as I any more? My life is nearly up; they need someone new, someone with the vigor that I no longer possess.[/i] The woman sighed and closed her brown eyes. She was tired, but life had to go on.

?My lady, we are here.? The driver opened her door and held out a helpful hand. ?Be careful, the steps are wet and very slippery.?

Elassi nodded at the helpful advice and walked slowly up the stairs. Behind her, a woman who had been on Elassi?s staff since she first became the ruler of Chandrila held up a parasol to protect her from the rain. ?Thank you Shani, mind the steps dear, you and I both need to be careful, we are not as spry as we used to be.?

Shani laughed and took Elassi?s arm. Together they made their way up the stairs of the University of Knowledge. In a quiet whisper she said, ?El, you and I both know that you are??

Elassi gave the woman an uncharacteristic elbow in the side. ?Shhh?? Then they both burst into a fit of quiet girl-like giggles.

Once Inside the majestic University, Elassi dismissed Shani. She was giving a lecture, not addressing the state; Shani would not be needed to keep up her regal appearance. In fact most of the students dressed in clothes that only a pauper would wear (beaten up jackets, threadbare pants, all complimenting the secondhand boots that were the norm among students).

The classroom she usually gave her lectures in was the largest in the University. It seated nearly five hundred, and sometimes more would come in. Apparently Elassi?s class was one of the students? favorites. The classroom was also the closest to the main doors of the building. ?Hello class!? She said in a singsong voice as she opened the doors to the lecture hall.

The class stood until she reached the lectern. This had become a standard practice of respect for all the professors at the University. At first it had only been an honor shown to Elassi, but she insisted that here at the school she was only a professor and if the students were going to treat her that way, that all the other professors deserved the same.

?Today I think I will talk about pacifism versus aggressiveness.? She smiled and walked in front of the lectern. It obstructed the students? views of her body language, which was important to the students? learning process. ?For the past twelve years the government of Chandrila has been developing an Interstellar Navy. This is a common fact all of you know very well. But before this was in existence, when you were all small children, Chandrila was known for its pacifism. Much like Alderaan is today.

?However it seems that to continue protecting this planet we need to take a more aggressive stance on galactic politics. The systems around us are changing, and we need to go with those times. Smuggling is the largest threat to our well-being, and that is the main problem that the Interstellar Navy deals with.? Elassi paused to make sure that the class was absorbing her information. Her eyes passed over a young woman in the front row. She was biting her lower lip as if she had something to say. ?Miss Tryashoenu, do you have something to say??

The young woman stood up and smiled. She was very pretty, with long golden hair piled in a loose bun with small tendrils that escaped the hair tie?s grasp. A pale blue off the shoulder dress exaggerated her well-defined shoulders, but it slightly exposed a dark purple burn mark on her left shoulder. ?Yes milady, I do have a question. Merely one of statistics, but maybe you could answer it for me.?

Elassi nodded, prompting the young woman to go on.

?Well, I was just contemplating the

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Bounty-Hunter_Firefly's Post

Jacobe stirred for the first time, since entering the classroom, when Silvas came though the door. Noting the concerned look an Silvas' face Jacobe knew that the news he carried wasn't good. As soon as Jacobe heard the word "dangerous" he sprinted over to Silvas as quickly as he could.

Several moments passed before Jacobe quickly walked over to Elassi; he discussed the siuation with her for several minutes then took two steps backward, bowed, turned around, and sprinted out the door, behind Silvas, with a look of death in his steely blue eyes.

18. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    PtrsonsZOO's Post

A sleek, black and gold freighter is slowly making its way through the Perlmian Trade Route on its journey to the Corellian Sector. The navigator, and owner of the ship, is busily calculating the next hyperspace jump at the ship?s console. On the open deck behind him, a young woman is intently running through a demanding physical routine.

?Master, why must I always find a center to start from? Shouldn?t I have a different direction or at least some kind of motive for the things I do? Not everything can be given over to a ?search for higher knowledge.?? Meesahran Tofallin asks of the gray haired man sitting at the navigation controls of the simple freighter craft, as she continues to perform a series of intricate movements with her body.

?Are you so sure, young one? Is not the purpose of life to quest for knowledge?? The gray one continues his ministrations at the keyboard, pausing only to stroke his equally gray mustachio. ?Perhaps you should spend a bit more time in meditation and less time on your physical training. The most important muscle in your arsenal is the one between those ears of yours. . .? Falion Mussiri chuckles a bit with his last statement and turns to his young travel companion. ?Meesahran, you must be able to trust that your actions will not be made in error, and the only way to assist you in that regard is to always be in a place of serenity within yourself. Only through peace will the answers you arrive at, be the best ones.? Crossing over to the young woman, he takes hold of her shoulders and makes certain that she is looking into his eyes, ?You will know when you are at peace, passive, and from that center you will always be true to yourself and to the Force.? She lowers her head and nods in obedience.

?I can see that now, Master, but it can be so hard to find that center when I am fighting for my life, or defending yours. How can I find my center when there is so much turmoil around me?? She brushes a lock of white hair from her eyes and again returns the gaze of the gray one.

?Only with time and attention will you be able to master your own emotions, which is why meditation is so important to your training. Without it, you will never find peace, and you will stray from the path. . .? He stops for a moment and turns inward, closing his eyes for only an instant. ?Meesahran, you should rest for now, I fear you will tire yourself out with all of this physical training. Meditate for a while and then turn in. I will man the controls for now.? The gray one returns to his station and opens a journal log. Calling over his shoulder, ?Tomorrow, yes tomorrow we will discuss philosophy some more, but tonight you must rest. Sleep well young one. . .?

Mees was shocked by Master Mussiri?s sudden dismissal, though she should not be by now. He was a terribly mysterious man, and there was still so much about him that she did not know. She knew he was from Alderaan and that his family followed [i]The Way[/i], and that he himself held many of their ideals as his own, but he was unable to follow their path completely and so he left his home to seek out his own path. She had heard of some of his adventures and everywhere they went, there was another being that considered him a dear friend. Smuggler?s, merchants, students, teachers, holy beings, politicians, militarists, and simple trades-people; all very different, but all knowing and liking the man she had come to accept as her ?Master.?

She was not his slave, but his pupil, and a very willing one at that. Mees had virtually grown up on the streets of Coronet City after her parents had both been killed when she was very young. That thought made her clutch the chain that hung around her neck. The one that she kept safely tucked under her shirt. The one with her parents? bonding rings on it. It was truly her only possession, other than the clothes on her back and the blaster at her side. And of course the mysterious tattoo on her left shoulder; the meaning of which, according to her last caregiver, was something kno

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Miccu_Resea's Post

[i]It is a time of great prosperity on the planet of Chandrila. Now a trading giant in the galaxy, Chandrila had recently made a name for itself in the shipping world, and the people of the planet began to benefit from the prosperity. However, with prosperity comes trouble, and when people began to become greedy; the smugglers were born. They brought down the value of goods, and began to make it hard for traders who worked for their livings the hard and legal way. But when the smugglers began to become violent (assaulting and stealing the goods from other traders and transporters), the authorities began to crack down on them. the issue, the Chandrilan Government passed sanctions that allowed for the creation of a protective force to combat the assaults in space and on trader?s ships. Thus the Chandrilan Navy was born. Headed by Silvas Orian, a young hotshot and a brilliant strategist in the traditional navy of Chandrila, the Interstellar Navy program began to take shape. The Navy quickly became a major power in the galaxy, and Chandrila is now known as a safe haven in trading circles throughout the galaxy. But, with great power comes even greater responsibility, and even greater danger. . .[/i]

An Explosion rocked Silvas from his feet. This was just supposed to be a simple bust. . . nothing more. As two shadows bolted for the exit, Silvas fired off some stray shots, bouncing off the wall and hitting a couple of cargo boxes in the back, exploding them to smithereens. He stood up from his hiding place, and with his entire team, began to chase after the escaped smugglers. Dodging blaster bolts and weaving throughout the entire city, Silvas and his team finally caught up to the smuggler duo.

?Stop! If you continue you will be facing even more charges.?

Then he said to his team:

?Neevar, Helaan! Circle around the blocks and try to head them off! If this goes on for longer, we might endanger the locals.?

Neevar and Helaan, along with two others, took a shortcut in the winding paths and began to try to cut the smugglers off. As soon as the team neared the ambush point, the two saw the incoming trap and bolted in another direction: right towards the University of Knowledge, where Chandrila's elected ruler was giving her weekly speech for the University students. Silvas dashed after the criminals in a valiant effort, but the criminals entered the University a meter ahead of him. After entering the University, he lost track of the criminals. Fearing the safety of everyone in the classroom, including the Queen, he bolted into the room, saying:

?Everyone must listen to me, there are some very dangerous men in the University right now.?

Panic started to grip the room, encasing it in a shroud of fear. The nervous students started to break for the door, trying to escape from the unknown criminals, but Silvas piped up before a single student could exit the facilities.

?Please remain calm. Nobody exit the facilities before my team can comb the area. If you leave, we will consider you smugglers. Your Excellency, might I ask you and your aides to calmly exit the classroom; and only you and your aides. Everyone else please stay in here; we will finish this very quickly. We appreciate all your help.?

The team entered the room quickly and with the offenders in shackles. Soon after their apprehension, Silvas and his team took their leave and departed for Space. Stressing the fact that they were hoping to rejoin the rest of the Navy in a training exercise.

[b]Two hours later. [/b]

Silvas headed towards the bridge of the [i]Ocean?s Pride[/i], a modern heavy transport for his team of Riptides. The sleek new Riptides offered a new tactic to the Navy of Chandrila. These fighters provided significantly more speed and a much faster response time. Although the Riptides were fragile, their speed made them more than useful in the Navy. After inspecting his own Riptide, Silvas headed towards the bridge in an effort to keep his mind focused on the simulation instead of what could hap

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    PtrsonsZOO's Post

Two men (one younger and one older, but nearly identical) stand opposite each other, Commenorian Battle Swords at the ready and poised to strike at any moment. The room is thick with the anticipation of the next man?s move.

Sweat pouring out of every inch of his well-defined body, Yorel Tryashoenu is desperately trying to keep just out of his Dear Brother?s Battle Sword range. With a deft and seemingly effortless strike, his much older brother nearly taks his left arm off at the shoulder, but Yorel uses his flexibility and youthful agility to avoid the blow by bending over nearly backwards before turning it into a back-flip, which lands him into perfect position for attacking his Dear Brother with a death blow.

Too late, Xaxan Tryashoenu realizes his predicament. In a mere millisecond, he will be the defeated for the first time in a sparring match. As the young man comes out of his back-flip and raises his blade to Xaxan?s exposed throat, Xaxan tries to admit to his defeat in as composed and dignified a fashion as he can muster, gathering up every inch of is chiseled body into a posture of acquiescence, ?Well done! I am finished.? Dropping his battle sword at the feet of the younger man who appears to mirror his every feature (with far fewer years on them). ?It seems that the Academy has not chosen to rest on its laurels in its training methods. So, who is your swordmaster, now, Dear Brother Yorel?? He casually asks as he reaches for a towel with which to wipe some of the perspiration from his distinctive brow.

The young man (with a slightly larger build than his brother) stands bent over, with his hands resting on his knees and panting heavily, ?There is a new swordmaster at the Academy, and he says that he has studied many of the recordings of your battles at the Academy, in your youth.? The jibe does not go unnoticed.

?Ah, going for the old man edge, are we? Perhaps next time I shall not be as cautious in our sparring. It seems to me that you are much more taxed than I at the moment. Are you in need of a medic, my Dear Brother?? The older man throws the towel at his brother, hitting him squarely in his finely detailed abdomen. ?Here, you appear to be all wet.? Sending the jibe back into his brother?s court.

Taking the towel and beginning to run it through his close cropped, dark blonde hair, he heaves a large sigh and sinks to the floor with an equally large thud. ?I am slain by my Dear Brother?s wit,? and he begins to laugh quite raucously.

At that, the older man springs to the floor and places the younger man into a headlock, ?So, who is the better man now? Huh, young one?? When the younger man begins to struggle against his brother?s wrestle, Xaxan reaches around and commences to tickle him unmercifully. ?Answer me that, smart guy? Who?s the better man? What, what did you say? I can?t hear you through that girlish giggling. . .? Xaxan releases his hold and jumps to his feet.

?You are definitely the better man, . .? A mischievous grin begins to spread across Yorel?s chiseled features, ?But I am the better swordsman.?

Before Xaxan can answer the taunt a member of his staff enters the training room. ?Sir, I hate to disturb your sparring match, but we?ve just received word from Commander Orian that one of our freighters has been molested during a run from Corellia to Chandrila.? The man was obviously unhappy at having to not only disrupt his employer, but also to have to bring such news to him as well. He shifted uncomfortably, awaiting Xaxan?s reaction.

He did not have to wait long. With a great fury and in one swift movement, he grasps hold of his fallen battle sword spins his body to the left and sends the blade sailing across the gym and into the climbing wall to his left, leaving it vibrating from the impact while stuck firmly into the ferrocrete structure. ?Get me Higaeri on the comm immediately! I?ll have his hide nailed to the hull of my ship before the chrono has a chance to recycle once more!? Xaxan bellowed his order for all to hear, and they a

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    PtrsonsZOO's Post

?I believe this falls into the category of the universe falling in on top of me.? The middle aged man exclaims as he reads the datapad that has been thrust onto his desk. Stroking his beard thoughtfully, he goes over the information one more time. ?Okay, first things first; business. Get me a clear channel to Xaxan the perturbed. I have to clear this little matter up with him before I do anything else. The dear Commander can hold his fancy britches a while longer. And as for Mees and her mystic companion, put them in the anteroom and get them something to eat, and not that garbage I usually serve. Those two spend all of their time on that blasted ship, eating nothing but travel rations (I?m sure of that). . . And tell them I will join them as soon as my business dealings have concluded.? With a wave of his hand, Toman Higaeri has set up the events to follow this most unwelcome news. The messenger departs quickly to carry out his employer?s instructions, to the letter (nothing less will ever do for Toman Higaeri).

Tapping at the console on his immense solid filiji desk, he brings up the channel, which has been opened for him by the communications officer sitting near him in the office. Taking a deep breath and steeling himself for the battle that is about to commence, he then presses the keystroke.

?My dear friend, to what do I owe the pleasure of your commique?? What follows is a string of insults that would make a Corellian sailor blush with shame. Toman takes every one of the slurs with as much patience as he can muster before he attempts to utter a single word. ?Xaxan please!? Waiting the requisite amount of time for the other man to draw a breath, ?Why would I send a group out to hijack my own cargo? Check the ship?s manifest. . . ? The other man looks away from the holo-screen. ?You will notice that there is a large shipment of goods heading directly to my brother from myself. One hundred percent above board I might add. They were gifts for my brother and his family. Now why would I send someone to disrupt my family?s Children?s Day celebrations? . . Answer: I would not. Now I must send a replacement shipment, at great personal cost to me, on one of my own ships and thus render it obsolete in my own operations.? Toman puts as much offense into his words as possible.

?So, what you are telling me, is that you no longer have control of Corellian space?? The man on the other side of the vid-screen leers at Toman with his question. ?Then why am I paying you to keep my shipments safe??

So, that is the tack he going to take. Toman sits back in his chair and ponders his answer. ?Well, I don?t believe that will be much of an issue. If there is someone operating, independently, in this Sector, they will not be doing so for very long.? Toman then gets a brilliant insight. ?Xaxan, my dear friend, are you certain that this is not some coy plot of yours to discredit me and take over Corellian Trade Spine?? Toman shoots an equally coy question to his adversary.

?Now that is an idea!? His pause is somewhat disturbing to Toman. ?Please, my dear friend, the sole reason that I use your people in this manner is that it is far more cost efficient to do so. I would have nothing to gain by pushing you out. Besides, you are far more trustworthy and effective than the various security forces in that sector. I could go broke trying to keep them paid off.? And that, Toman knew was more truthful than any other statement that could be made. Their positions were now quite clear.

?Then I will ask for your leave, so that I may begin an investigation of this latest turn of events.? Nodding to the vid-screen, his mirror returned the gesture in kind and the transmission ends.

Very clear indeed. There was someone operating in this sector and Toman would have to uncover their identity and their motives; quickly and quietly. Perhaps this visit of Mees? and her mystic friend would prove to be beneficial after all.

?Sir?? The communications officer distrupts his train of thought as he rises from

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Tap, taptatap, tappa, tatatap. . .

Alone at a data-recorder terminal, a young woman intently sits typing out her journal of the day?s events.

Day 167 of the Standard Chandrillan Year 8790
    Morning Meal: Nerf Sausage and Aviata Eggs (Thank you Xaxan)
    Afternoon Meal: Chandrillan Fruit Plate (Cafeterium)
    Evening Meal: Elomin Fried Esgonna Leaves & Erryl Figs

Lecture Schedule: Trade in an Insterstellar Universe
    Hyperspace Astro-Navigation Systems
    Philosophy of Galactic Governments
    Laboratory: Xenobiology II
    Financial Accounting: Pan-Galactic Exchange Rates

Notes: We had a disturbance today during my Philosophy lecture. Two suspected criminals attempted to hide among the students of the Universite today. I got my first real glimpse at Commander Orian since his new assignment. He hasn?t changed much since he last visited us on Commenor (maybe grayer and a little thicker). His team quickly dispatched the miscreants, but not before Her Highness was forced to cancel the rest of today?s lecture.

I took evening meal with a few friends from the Xenobiology department and we had a wonderful time. There was a wonderful trio of minstrels at the restaurant and they played a Commenorian Folk Song for me. It made me think of Father, and how he would sing during evening meal.

The young woman stopped her typing at the console, read through what she had written and exclaimed, ?There, that should be enough for Xaxan for today.?

She sent the journal entry through the comm-station and stood up from her desk. Crossing the room to her pallet, her lithe form reached into the bed table and withdrew a small datapad. Gracefully lowering herself onto the pallet, she switches the datapad on and brushes a stray wisp of flaxen hair from her face. She scoots across the pallet until she is centered, enabling her to rest upon the mountain of pillows at the head of the bed. Straightening her pale yellow sleeping gown across her legs, she reaches behind her, taking one of the firmer pillows and placing it on her lap to provide her with an impromptu desk for her personal datapad.

?Now, for the things that I cannot tell, Dear Brother Xaxan. . .? A mischievous smile crosses her delicate face, causing a very subtle blush to hit her otherwise creamy complexion. Bringing a finger to her chin as she slightly bites down on her lower lip, and struggles for the proper opening for tonight?s personal journal entry.

Day 167 of the Standard Chandrillan Year 8790

The day seemed to be like any other this week. That was until the Interstellar Navy Commander came into the Grand Lecture Hall, the galaxy came crashing down around me once again. There were some suspected criminals hiding in the Universite today. It seems that smuggling is becoming a terribly brazen practice in these times. I had so hoped to be able to hide from its ugliness for a while longer.

Dear Brother Xaxan has always tried to keep Yorel and myself from the horrible realities of his business, but it is becoming a greater reality for us everyday. Yorel is away preparing for his military career and hopes to be selected to join the Chandrillan Interstellar Navy (under Dear Uncle Silvas ? though he would never use him as a reference, or even tell him he was applying to be assigned under his command). And I am studying under the hopes that I might be of some assistance to Xaxan and his business interests. Though Dear Brother Xaxan tells me that I should chose my own path and steer clear of the world of commerce. He worries about me so much that I dare not tell him all that happens to me here at the Universite of Knowledge.

Dear Uncle Silvas was quite dashing when he arrived on the scene this morning. It almost reminded me of his visits when we were children in Mother and Father?s family estate. I have so few memories of Father, that I always adored Dear Uncle Silvas? visits, for the stories he would tell of Mother and how Father has stolen her away from him and what kind of man Father was to him. Dear Uncle Silvas could always tell such

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Jedi Girl of Corellia's Post

Corevi pushed back a thick lock of black hair from his piercing green eyes. It didn?t help much, the view before him still swam in a drunken haze. In one smooth fluid movement he threw back the last of his lomin ale before carelessly pushing back out of his chair. Swaying a bit as he found his footing he glared at the other sabacc players at the table. ?Yous all are cheetin?,? he slurred drunkenly pointing a wavering finger at the lot of them.

A heavyset woman with thick layers of makeup on her face glared at him. ?Well Corevi, how else do you expect us to win.? She frowned as she put her nickstick between her lips once more, ?I mean you always seem to know when we?re bluffing, when we?re not, and if you can beat us!? Her eyes, plastered with the artificial eyelashes narrowed, ?If you didn?t have that sister of yours-?

Corevi lunged at her, ?I?ll make you pay for that remark!? He managed to slap her across the face before the rest of the Sabacc players grabbed a hold of his arms. ?Let me go now,? he bellowed, his face was flushed with rage. A brief struggle ensued, but Corevi managed to pull his arms out of his attackers?. Standing back he drew his trisaber that he always wore. It was a traditional weapon of the old Chandrilan aristocracy with three deadly edges complete with a current of energy running through the durasteel; in the hands of an accomplished fighter it was death to any opponent.

The group drew back, they had seen what the man could do with this weapon. ?Now wait a second Lord Corevi,? the woman used his proper title, hoping to mollify his anger. She laughed nervously as he advanced on her; ?It-it was just a joke sir. Really, nothin? more than that.? She backed into a wall and stared down the blade of the trisaber that was now pointed at her neck. The electricity made her skin tingle and she looked fearfully at the crowd that was watching the scene unfold.

?Lord Corevi.? A voice from the door made the enraged man divert his attention from his prey. There were several officers of the local police force standing with their hands on their blasters. ?Sir could we have a word with you??

Hesitating for a moment Corevi looked at the woman and then back at the men. He drew in a breath, trying to resolve his anger before turning to the men. Scowling at them he sheathed his blade, ?What do you want??

The leader of the group motioned for him to step outside, ?Please sir, we need to talk privately.?

Corevi frowned, but he was curious as to what they had to say. Once outside he stood with his hands planted on his hips. He only swayed a bit from the lingering effects of alcohol.

?Sir, we?ve been instructed to disarm you.? The man looked terrified at such a suggestion but he held out his hands dutifully.

?And who has instructed you to do so?? He glared at the men.

?T-the Lady Lusankya sir.?

Corevi held his breath at the mention of his sister. What did she want with him now? Reluctantly he handed over his trisaber, and the blaster he had strapped to his hip. ?Fine, what did she want??

?Your presence at your home sir.?

?That?s all? She sent all of you here to get me, when she could have simply called me on the com?? Corevi was shouting at the terrified men. ?This had better be good.?

They motioned for Corevi to step into their speeder. He did so and they sped off, toward the Lusankya estate.

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    PtrsonsZOO's Post

Tapestries hanging from every wall allow for only minute amounts of light to transmit across the open and cavernous room. With his back to all who enter his palatial office, Vanquar Shesh rules in the manner with which he was raised, in ruthless accordance to the primary directive of all Kuati Elite; ?What?s in it for me?? Sitting in contemplation, he runs his index finger along the embroidered patterning of his luxurious velvet robe, as he seems to unravel the problems of the universe with the pursing of his well-defined and angular brow.

Deep in thought regarding the newest developments in his world?s interstellar turmoil, Supreme Ruler Shesh nearly misses the delicate sound of footsteps entering his office chamber. Listening for a moment more reveal to him the owner of those footfalls, ?What brings you here, First Daughter?? He speaks without turning around and it stops the young women dead in her tracks.

?Honored Father, how is it that you knew it was me?? The woman stands perfectly still, the only thing betraying her unease is the unconscious twirling of a low-slung loop of coal black hair on her shoulder.

?How many times have I instructed you to not fuss with your hair, my First Daughter?? He turns in his chair to face his equally regal child. ?Valyr, my devoted First Daughter, you must learn to hide your feelings from others if you ever wish to succeed in our society. Emotions are a liability in our realm, they do you harm and show weakness to your adversaries.? Vanquar berates his child, but there is a hint of caring in his harsh words of reprimand.

?Yes, Honored Father.? Bowing her head in acquiescence to her father?s reprimand. ?I will honor your judgment, and ask your forgiveness for my betrayal of your trust in my abilities.? Kneeling, ever so slightly in an attempt to show subservience to her father, Valyr brushes her heavily embroidered cloak away from her slender form in the grand gesture.

A brief chortle escapes the man?s throat, ?Totally unnecessary, my beloved First Child. I could never truly be angry with you, Valyr.? He stands and rounds the corner of his grand desk and gently embraces his First Child. Pulling her back from him with his slender, but powerful, arms, ?So, what news do you bring me from the Board? Have they collapsed into another panic over the new Hyperdrive modifications that are to be implemented? Or are they simply concerned that our competitors have continued to outbid us for the new military contracts? Sit please, and tell me of their latest crises, my beautiful First Daughter.? Motioning for her to take the chaise to his left, Vanquar makes a grand motion to seat himself in the throne-like chair on his right. Pulling his long, straight, coal black hair to his right shoulder as he sits back in the ornate, blood-red chair.

Carefully placing herself upon the chaise, keeping her stately form in an upright manner and gathering her many layers garments about her in an orderly manner, befitting her station. Bringing her legs into position beneath her, she reaches up to stroke her hair and stops suddenly and instead brushes her delicate fingers across the clasp of her cloak, releasing it to fall gracefully behind her. ?Honored father, it is much as you have spoken. The board is convinced that this plan of your to continue to build up our own defense force will only continue to cause difficulties in our bid the overtake the Corellian Shipbuilders Union. They have asked me to ask you, once again, to re-think this decision.? She betrays only the slightest hint of her revelry in this notion, and with the raise of just one of her thin and angular brows, she makes known her own feelings on the issue.

?Yes, as we believed they would, my beloved First Daughter. Your insights have proven most discriminative in this odd play of ours. I believe that our backers will be most pleased with this recent turn of events. . . Have you any word from our associates in the Corellian Sector on their accomplishments as yet?? Vanquar allows only the faintes

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    arrowheadpodracer's Post

High above the Twin Brothers, Talus & Tralus, a ship explodes in space. With lasers flashing, and missiles detonating everywhere in sight, the remaining five ships continue to do battle. One ship, the smallest of the bunch, is a small angular fighter. It is being attacked by the rest of the ships; a group of marauders. They are all painted in the same fashion and marked with the traditional Corellian symbol of power, the Eye of the Corel. As two of the attacking ships appear to converge on their shared target from opposite sides, the endangered ship slips below one attacker, thereby shielding him from the other and almost causing the two marauders to collide. As the two pirate ships veer away from each other, the lower ship suddenly explodes from the laser fire of the little fighter. The ship passing above is hit by the blast and thrown back into a violent spiral. Before the pilot can right his ship, the smaller fighter (the original target) emerges and destroys it with a few well-placed shots. The two remaining attackers, who have circled around to approach their slippery prey from the rear, fire simultaneously and the smaller ship takes its first damaging hit.

[i]UUNNNNHHHHH [/i]

The blast rocks the small fighter, throwing the pilot against his harness with a ferocious impact. Damage alarms begin to screech throughout the cockpit , but the ship continues on its wild course with blazing speed.

His vision blurred, Jae-Lee catches a glimpse of a blinking red light coming from his instrument panel. Another missile, locked on and coming in fast, right behind him.

[i]That makes 5 ships. Blast. 2 more. FOCUS [/i]

The first pirate fighter screams in from high on his starboard side, laser cannons blazing, but his vision has returned, and he switches off the redundant alarm. With his head clear, he knows what to do, and has already begun the turning maneuver, right into the oncoming ship.

The other ship banks right, obviously trying to avoid a game of chicken. "Sorry, my pirate. It?s worse than you think." Jae-Lee whispers to himself as he begins pumping laser blasts at the oncoming ship. As they draw closer, the attacking fighter?s shields are beginning to falter, allowing a few shots to get through. The other pilot has stopped firing.

[i]Yeah, you guys never see this one coming, do you? Probably working on your shields.[/i]

With a shake of his head, Jae-Lee stays with the other ship bank for bank, juke for juke, anticipating every move, lasers constantly firing.

"The Heartburn" is perfect for maneuvers like this one. A small 2 person, triangular scout ship, modified with additional weaponry and a few extra surprises, it is his pride and joy. He knows his attachment with the ship could prove to be his downfall someday, but he has owned "The Burn" for years and it responds almost as if it were his own hand being woven playfully through space.

[i]You're not getting away, I need you now.[/i]

As the other ship approaches, Jae-Lees lasers blast mercilessly through the shields. They finally give out, and Jae-Lee flips a switch on his control panel.
    With his shields gone, and realizing his fate, the oncoming ship?s pilot finally manages to muster a single laser shot. It passes harmlessly into space.

[i]Too little, too late.[/i]

As one light goes blue, Jae-Lee notices the red blinking warning light is growing to a steady glow. He releases his missile, and puts all power to forward shields.
    A nanosecond later, his missile collides with the oncoming ship, blowing it to bits. Big metal bits.

As ?The Burn? passes through the debris, the ship is bounced about, but the shields hold and the damage is minimal.

[i]Yes! [/i]

The trailing missile impacts a piece of the wreckage, exploding and sending a shockwave blast towards Jae-Lee. The blast hits just as he's reaching for the instrument panel.

[i]UNNNNNNHHHHHHHH [/i]

Hit from behind, the ship begins to spin. The engines are faltering. Jae's hand has smashed the panel duri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.