main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF T-Shirts Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Shirts rule. :)

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Bump.

If you're interested in a second run of these shirts, please indicate here.

Also, if we have any other aspiring graphic designers out there, please feel free to work up some additional designs for consideration.

Again, my thanx to Grimby, Obi_Wannabe & Gra-co_o_hun for their immeasurable contributions to the success of the first run of t-shirts. They were a big hit at the midnight premiere last week.

3. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    sweetness i'd like to try out with my graphic arts for the next shirt run and i'd like to get another shirt since you sold mine but its ok

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I was hardly online the whole week this was sent to the printers -- I never got a t-shirt. LOL. Anybody got a spare XL?

And what do they look like? I never saw a pic.

No designs coming from me -- my spare time's going to go to a wrapper for the SCFF board, and finishing work on the Veska site over the next month.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Oh, but if anyone wants vectors of anything, let me know. Grimby and OW already have most of my files, but I actually have a ton of really neat stuff from when I first started working on the shirts.

6. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    ok i got the preliminary design done but i'm haveing problems uploading. now then for the extra part i was thinking either all of our icons or two crossed lightsaber blades. and if i could get a list of our members with thier icons that would be great if you like the icon idea.

7. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    ok here it is

ok i'm dont screwing around with it here is the url

http://photobucket.com/albums/y100/Kal-El_Kenobi/Star%20Wars/Star%20Wars/?action=view&current=rmffshirtcopy.jpg

8. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Nice work, Kal-El. I particularly like the Aurabesh.

9. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    yeah SS took the words out of my mouth...i like the SW font.

10. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    yeah thanks i'm still working on it

11. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    now then for the extra part i was thinking either all of our icons or two crossed lightsaber blades. and if i could get a list of our members with thier icons that would be great if you like the icon idea.

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hmm...list of members would be a bit exclusive, though. Some people don't post on a regular basis, so obviously a lot of people would get left out. There's also the quasi-members that are primarily SCFF, those that are primarily RMFF, and then the few that migrate depending on which direction the wind is blowing.

The Aurabesh is a bit confusing -- the layout makes it look like it should say "A Force to be Reckoned With" but instead it says "May the Force be With You." The top is also maybe a little too close to the Mountain Garrison, Pikes Peak Squad, and Mile High Squad snowcap designs -- http://www.mg501.com/home.htm

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Doh...2 crossed lightsabers -- we toyed with that idea...last year? Maybe 2 years ago for the SCFF. From 10 feet away it ends up looking like a big "X" like you're crossing out the actual design you're trying to create. Just info.

14. Jada_Kraden

Jada_Kraden Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    I was looking over this thread and wanted to see what I could do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/the_enclave/rmff.jpg

Border: "Rocky Mountain" is A New Hope font.
    I added the rings through paint, so I'm sure they could be better looking.

Center: "Fan Force" is Episode I font.

Bottom: "A Force to be reckoned with" is Clone Wars font.

Aurabesh: "Denver, Colorado" is Galactic basic font. A more analized, and proper style of Aurabesh.

Web Address: is Times New Roman, I believe

Colors can be whatever, as can what it says in aurabesh.

*shrugs* just got bored and messed around. I'm sure it looks like a lot of other things, but it braches from what is the current logo.

I tried to leave it open for printing purposes, and for opinions. :)

Edit: It looks pretty cool with the colors inverted. *l*

15. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    well i can move the "MTFBWY" to the top and i liked the idea of the snow caped mountans i think i could try puting an X-wing, or a sunset, or like a translucent darth vader, or something like that in there. in a bit i'll post up the new designs

16. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    hey jada where can i get the clone wars font and your version of aurebesh

17. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    ok the url for my sunset design is....

http://photobucket.com/albums/y100/Kal-El_Kenobi/?action=view&current=sunsetfanforce.jpg

18. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    ok here's the x wing version

http://photobucket.com/albums/y100/Kal-El_Kenobi/?action=view&current=rmffshirtxwing.jpg

19. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    so what do you all think of my new designs

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    They're a little rough, but getting there. :) Just takes time. It'd be easier to make better judgements if they weren't as rough. What graphics app are you using?

21. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Hey There Kal-El Kenobi,
    I do have some suggestions. I have worked in the silkscreen industry for 12 yrs now and I would like to give you some professional opinions. Please understand that I am not criticizing your design composition. This is strictly from a technical stand point.
    It can be a problem to try and print soft edges like you have because the halftone dots tend to be small and they don't burn well in such a small area. I think you would have a better result with a crisp edge. Big companies can do finer halftone dots because cost is no issue to them.
    For cost efficency, it's important to know. I know we as a group probably do not have a lot of money to put into this. I would also recommend that you have a little tighter version of your x-wing, again too many soft areas. It could turn kinda muddy. Would you consider a more graphic representation just for printing friendliness.
    I sincerely hope that I am not offending you Kal-El. I just know the industry and the holes you can fall into when trying to take this kind of thing to print.
    If there is any advice I can offer or if you need a 2nd pair of eyes, please let me know.
    On a personal note: What do you think of making the sun more orange. Orange is a direct compliment to blue and it might look a little nicer.

I hope that we are cool. :cool:
    Gra-Co

22. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    i tried orange but i couldnt find a bright enough one and i am using photoshop 7

23. Jada_Kraden

Jada_Kraden Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    Here is another attempt...

Front:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/the_enclave/rmff_front.jpg

Back:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/the_enclave/rmff_back.jpg

24. Kal-El_Kenobi

Feb 28, 2005
    ok these are so much better than mind but i think they need to be more blue