main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF viewing of THE HULK?!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Cool, let me see if Jeff would like to go :D

Are there still tickets left?

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Don't know... Their website is acting freaky :p

EDIT: nevermind.. Working now.

Tickets

And Yes they are selling them :D

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    got tix!

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    is anyone thinking about doing anything after ?

5. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    well, I think I was the only person in the group that really enjoyed it. it was a bit slow for a hulk/comic movie, but I thought it went well. I thought maybe it could have ended sooner, but that didn't ruin it for me.

Of course that annoying friggin' family behind us *almost* ruined it for me...

6. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    saw it yesterday. that movie rocked.

puny human.

7. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Wish I saw what you guys did, but this movie gets 2 thumbs & 2 big toes DOWN, from me.

8. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    ***SPOILERS***

This movie didn't do a whole lot for me either. I was actually pretty impressed by what they accomplished with the CG, but the story itself didn't really capture my attention. I enjoyed the performances, but I could've done without the whole daddy-becomin'-the-Shocker thingy at the end. There was soooooooooooo much more they could've done with Daddy Banner's metamorphosis, and the premise that they would even let him SEE his son at that point was beyond weak. I also didn't care for the direction they took with the fact that he was genetically altered by his father as a child. It kinda removes the whole normal-guy turned Hulk aspect. Although, it did go fairly in depth to "justify" the Hulk's powers. I liked Ang Lee's interpretation as well as the cinematographic choices (very comic book-like fades & dissolves, etc., as well as the whole storyboard-esque split screens used). The story itself just didn't do much for me. I never really got the sense that Bruce was truly "battling" with his inner demons. Also, I felt that some of the scenes were shot in too dark of a contrast. I could barely tell what was happening when he battled the Hulk Hounds, and when he was doin' the little fly-by-lightnin' trick at the end. Not my least favorite comic book movie, but definitely not my fave. It's probably a bit too cerebral for the kiddies in the crowd, and a tad too artistic for the mainstream theatergoer, both of which I appreciated, but I don't think the story itself was up to par.

9. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Thank you Stacy! I've been trying to put into words how I felt about the movie, and you just nailed it in the head! :D

10. YouDontKnowMe

YouDontKnowMe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I just felt jaded, cheated and betrayed...oops!!! Wrong thread!!!! :p

11. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    you're right, wrong thread, that was supposed to be in the Episode II thread :) The Hulk was great. It was totally what I expected it to be. It was slow at first but it picked up. The end sucked but other than that, it was a very cool comic book movie. And I still like that Stan Lee has been in every Marvel movie...except I can't verify he was in Blade...or Howard the Duck lol

12. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    yeah, I still liked it. I don't care what anybody says :p

13. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    joey? dont you mean matrix?

14. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    JO, as far as I know, Stan was only credited with an Executive Producer spot in Blade, and wasn't affiliated with Howard at all (George Lucas Exec Produced). Traci Lords was in Blade though...yummy.

15. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    With appendages such as this, the Hulk is sure to SMASH!!!!

(note: not necessarily for the wee-kiddies amongst us)

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Leave it to you to find that SS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.