Jack, FL RMH Charity Event Sept 16

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by MiraNova34, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Also, we have some 501st and Rebellegion members that will join us .(I invited them on their forums). I'll give updates farther on down the line on the number of costumers.
    If you haven't, please post what costume you will be wearing.
    Please don't worry about donations if it's a problem, RMH raised $70,000 from this event last year.
  2. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    I brought up the "501C3" issue to Chase last night.

as far as donating stuff we will certainly to buy what we can find. Sad to say our Wal-mart has discontinued all of the star wars stuff we used to buy (stickers and stuff for events) and replaced it with "Cars". Probably that way with all of them.

I will check my online party supplier where I get stuff from to see if we can buy a big lot of them and see the cost.

I know at Mama Fu's events we had people trying to tip us to take pictures previously so I don't think donations won't be an issue AND we have talked about this before. We can do a photo Op event with pictures for a small donation.
    Just another idea to think about.
  3. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like the photo idea. I'll ask RMH and see what they think.
  4. ImperialOrder Jedi Knight

star 2
    There's just so many factors. Hmm.... well, I put a few ideas. That's really all I can think of except if you want to do the photo thing, think of it like Disney's Photopass. Get a digital camera and bring a big photo printer and offer to print pictures on site with a donation. (Did something kind of like it at an event for Dwight. He still has my HP Proffesional Photo Printer if you want to use it as a maybe.) These are just all ideas.

As for what I'm wearing, my armor. I'll bring the Imperial Commander along just incase we have an extra with no costume though.

>Steve
  5. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    lots of ideas, I like it. A far is money WE money that we will make is to cover charity events so we are not really making money for ourselfs. but as far as a donation jar I think is a great idea.
  6. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Absolutely Agreed. No money for us. Just to buy supplies and stuff. Never wanna get paid for this stuff.
  7. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    So, it sounds like a tip jar and on the spot printed photos are the plan for future events with us. It sounds simple and great. Anything more than that would likely be way too complicated.

And what we can do for the RMH is what we can do? Is it 750 kids they're supplying or just bringing a random 750 items to put together?
  8. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    I will try to use my favors to pull some stuff.. I'm not making any promises but cross your fingers.
  9. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not 750 kids. RMH only has 22 rooms for kids. It's such a big event, guess that's why they are planning on that many bags. I would guess they are going to have a lot bags left over[face_blush]
  10. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know about that one, I get their newsletter and They are expecting a lot of people this year...
  11. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I re-read her E-mail, she said 750 items. Whatever we can bring is fine, they don't except us to come up with that many.
  12. ImperialOrder Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm trying to get some stuff together. Like I said, at least I can make a large number of stickers if wanted so that'd be covered.

>Steve

(Oh, by the by, went and saw PotC 2 this morning, and it ROCKED!!!!!)
  13. DairNimiris FanForce CR Jacksonville, FL USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    I saw it at midnight and felt cheated.
  14. ImperialOrder Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know, I saw your post on myspace. But, I enjoyed it. All I was waiting for was Barbossa at the end. Yes... arrrrrr....

>Steve
  15. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Update:

We are going to have a picture taking area, with a donation jar. Make sure the families know it's free but if they want to give RMH a donation that's fine.
    We'll also have a table set up for a "coloring station" too.
  16. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    IMPORTANT

Pleases read this E-mail regarding prop weapons:
    Gina,

What a great question, thanks for asking. Because there are going to be so many children I do not think the guns would be appropriate. We would however, love for you to bring the lightsabers, etc. Anything that would not be confused with a modern weapon would be great.

Thank you again for your generous support.

Megan
  17. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    How can they confuse blaster with real weapons, Kids this days know better. Whats Jango with no blasters, or a Clone with no rifle Is just don't look right. Anyways I guess No weapons. deng it.
  18. ImperialOrder Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's right, what am I without a DC15? (Which, I'm still trying to find directions on how to make one. Darn those 501st boards.)

>Steve
  19. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aww, poor baby, doesn't get to bring his widdle blaster. Hey, but I still get to bring my saber, Baby! It's not like you guys know how to use your blasters anyway, hehe...
  20. ImperialOrder Jedi Knight

star 2
    With a rifle that big, who has to aim? I point and click. The rest solves itself.

>Steve
  21. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Very sorry guys. I feel your pain. I understand it's not fair but I didn't make the rules. We'll still have a blast!
  22. ImperialOrder Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hmmm... that seems fimilar....

Well, let's hope for a good turn-out at least. Runners, I could not do that anymore. I'd faint afer the first lap...

>Steve
  23. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My FCCJ classes just posted and can you believe it.. my Sat class is scheduled for the 16th 8-5. What a bummer. I don't think I can get out of it. Not sure how long my lunch break is but if it's an hour, I'll pop by. I'm really upset about this but I know you guys will still have fun without me.
    Gina
  24. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was getting some ideas for the table. I was thinking along with a little coloring station on one side, pictures on the other, but in the middle have our flyers and business cards... and in front have some of those 8X10's of our different groups, like one of the costumers at MF, one of us dueling, one of us playing games, books, collectables, etc.. What do you think? We could get some recruits out of this....
  25. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds good but be careful and not make it look like that's why we're there (to get recruits and advertise our group). We want the RMH people to know we are there for the kids only. Getting some exposure is just a side benefit.:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.