main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL RMH Charity Event Sept 9 Fri 7pm

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by MiraNova34, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    I got a lot of info:

The address:
    Ronald McDonald House
    824 Children's Way Across from Nemoirs Hosp. 807-4663
    They have bottled water and a water cooler.
    There is a pretty good sized dayroom with a bathroom in it to change in and out of our costumes.
    They already have cupcakes, treats ect.. always available.
    They are printing flyers about this event to get the word out to families and staff.
    One of the staff is bringing her husband and son who love SW.
    The night manager will be taking pictures of us with the kids. Some of the kids have their own cameras.
    We can just mingle with kids or sit in the dining area, so we don't have to just stand around.
    I'd suggest getting their @6:30pm to change.
    Everyone is looking forward to meeting us!
    Thanks everybody!
    Gina

2. TK1162

TK1162 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    Sounds like fun, I'll either be in Stormtrooper or Officer. I may be a bit late as I usually don't get off of work until 7:00.

3. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    count me in

4. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    Arthur and Luis...So glad you make it![face_dancing]
    I'm gonna post this on the 501st. I just read @ Katie passing away on the 501st boards. Someone mentioned @ doing a RMH event, so we might get some participation from them.

5. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Katie passed away? That is so sad . . . all of the work that the 501st did for her and her family was wonderful.

6. CRIMSONXXX

CRIMSONXXX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Emails are flooding the 501st site. Very sad day. Helmets off, knees bowed.

TR-1741

7. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    no, I can't belive it. I'm so sad.

8. TK1162

TK1162 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    Katie's death, while expected, has cut to the core of the entire 501st. In a prefect world children like Katie and the kids that we will be seeing at the Ronald McDonald house would not be facing death or painful medical procedures.
    The Florida Garrison is currently taking up a collection for the Make-A-Wish foundation per Albin's (Katie's father and founder of the 501st) request. If you are interested in donating, please go to either the garrison website or feel free to contact me.

On another note, what is their policy reguarding weapons. Some hospitals do not like having guns of any sort on the premises, even costume props. One of the hospitals the 501st/RL visits does not even want lightsabers there. Could we find out the answers to these questions?
    Also, please remember that some of these children may have developed latex allergies thus no masks made of that nor balloons. A general hospital rule is also no strong perfumes as they can set off some allergies as well.
    Arthur

9. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    i would very much like to be a part of this event -
    i think doing charity events for children that are ill -
    and older people in nursing homes & hospitols
    is a great thing for us all to do -
    giving of our time to help others is what --we -- are about .
    thanks for putting this event together-
    count me in !!!

10. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    Weapon props are fine.
    I gave the event coordinator our website. She needed some pics for flyers. I'm gonna try and send her a pic of us.

Katie is a radiant and beautiful soul who will always be in our hearts. She touched and even changed a lot of lives. Please read some of the messages on the 501st
    boards.
    http://fl501st.com/boards/index

11. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    ill be there!oh wait.sorry my grandmaw will wright on the boards for me.ok i wont ever wright like the message two posts above.i type with sarcasm (alot).lol but i do like what were doing.cant wait to come-that jawa costume is being delayed so ill be in my apprentice costume.cant wait!also i was at nemours dressed as robin (my gramps being batman) and they said DO NOT ask the kids how they're feeling."how are you" "how are you" and stuff like that is accepted but she said we were here to lean the kids away from being sick.NOT focusing on it.and they said to not address them by gender bbecause some have all there hair gone (from kimo therapy) and you cant tell if thy're boy or girl.so no addressings of gender unless you KNOW ABSOLUTELY FOR SURE its a girl or a guy.remember those or we may be dropping out a window running from hospital staff. see ya!

12. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    I'll be there for sure. I can't let the children down.=D=

13. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    rmhjax.org I found this interesting and has a map for directions

14. darkapprentice112

darkapprentice112 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    I'm in if I get back from travel in time.

15. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    not to be disrespectful or anything but who is Katey?

16. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    Yikes, hope it's not too confusing having two RMH threads. This is the up to date one.
    I had a long day at school, I E-mailed RMH about the music idea and giving out the BK toys. I'll let you know ASAP.

17. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    From the RMH event coordinator:
    >>Marching out sounds very theatrical!! The children will love it. The BK toys will be just fine. I just hope we have a house full of children that night.
    This is going to be alot of fun. Thank you and your group for giving of your time.

Debby

18. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Anyone already Padme in Picnic Gown from EpII for RMH event? I just scored a costume from a girl as small as me, but it is Blue instead of yellow. Won't wear it if someone is already her. (Besides, not sure how long shipping is going to take to get to me anyway). Pretty sure you can count me and my husband in - He manages a "Moe's" and will try and get off work for it.

19. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    We have no Padme's right now so that would be awesome!

20. SilverBullet34

SilverBullet34 Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2004
    Welcome Anakin-and-Padme that will be great.:cool:

21. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    hurray, more costumed people.

22. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    I just acquired a sandtrooper costume, but I need some accessories for it before I can wear it. If I can get it together in time, I'll be there in costume. Otherwise, I'll be there in a t-shirt and jeans.

23. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I'm SO bummed. Costume (Picnic Padme or Battle Padme) won't make it in time for the event Friday, but will arrive the following week. We will be there anyway. If anyone has extra's that they just want someone to wear for the kids either of us are willing, we just don't have anything yet. We will come regardless. Got my Dad to be a sitter for our 2 babies (a SUPER rare event-like once every 6 mos for ANYONE to watch them). Figured we shouldn't bring our rugrats...they are a handful.

See everyone there. Can't wait to meet the crew.

24. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    Looking forward to meeting you!

25. DarkTrooper85

DarkTrooper85 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    I'll be there along with my sister Manda, unfortunatly I don't have anything to dress in except for my star wars shirt. Maybe next time I'll have a Dark Trooper Uniform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.