main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Road To The Last Jedi - What do you plan reading?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Soloam, May 8, 2017.

1. Soloam

Soloam Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2017
    The road to the last jedi is set, a lot of new stuff is planned! What are you planning to read? What do you thing it will be worth your money and get it before the movie gets out, and what are you planning on reading when prices drops? And any that no plan on reading at all?

Cheers to all :cool:

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm a star wars fan I plan to READ EVERYTHING!

In all seriousness the book I'm most looking forward to read is the Phasma novel because it's sure to give us some insights into the first order's origins and hierarchy (I hope there's more chrome captains like Phasma in the stormtrooper corps). Least looking forward to is the Princess Leia book.

3. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Basically anything that promises new story or lore content, so most of it I guess. The stormtrooper book appears to have been written entirely from an OOU, behind-the-scenes perspective, so I may skip that one, and maybe that "Power of the Force" children's storybook as well. But everything else, definitely. Very excited for the Luke and Leia books in particular.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    My hit list is currently:

Phasma
    Legends of Luke Skywalker
    Leia: Princess of Alderaan

5. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Like The Positive Fan says, anything new story related for me. As everything has been revealed so far, the last nugget of information is whether the book about BB8 (a very young picture book) is a new canon entry or not.

there is a possibility it will tell the much anticipated story of what happened to BB8 after leaving Poe and finding Rey.

I apologise for getting excited about such a book!

6. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    Phasma book AND comic (seriously, how the heck does she get off SKB?)
    Leia, Princess of Alderaan (I would read this regardless of when it came out, but the fact that its going to have TLJ tidbits? That makes it intriguing)
    Legends of Luke Skywalker (I like the idea that these are the stories Rey might have grown up with. It'll certainly inform the way she reacts to him initially)

7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    As someone who's not interested in the ST or the post-Endor canon, so far I'll be getting the Leia book and Rebel Files, and probably the Star Wars Adventures comic. Need for information about the Luke book before I can make a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Just Phasma. I'm trying to regulate my Star Wars obsession. (However, I'm not excited for Phasma tbh)

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  9. DarthKuriboh

DarthKuriboh Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2007

Playboy. I read the articles, I swear...

10. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Just planning on reading Phasma.

11. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Will definitely be reading Legends of Luke Skywalker, as much for Ken Liu as for the idea that it will be demonstrating what the idea of Luke Skywalker is to the galaxy of the ST era.

Nothing else really grabs me. If the Phasma book gets a great reception I might check it out, but at the moment I can't imagine a less interesting character to devote a novel to.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    Well I'd be reading and re-reading these books whether Last Jedi was coming out or not, but it is kind of cool to read all this to keep me in the Star Wars mood all the way to The Last Jedi.

Anyways, right now I am reading Aftermath: Life Debt. I just started today. Aftermath: Empire's End will follow after that.

After that, I've got all these I want to get through:
    - The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy (never read before)
    - The Hand of Thrawn Duology (haven't read since their original release)
    - Dark Disciple (Just got it)
    - Bloodlines (Just got it)
    - Rouge One Novelization
    - The New Jedi Order Series (some of them re-reads, some of them I've never read before, but that's going to take me a while to get through)

13. KikReask

KikReask Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2016
    I'll read the Luke and Leia novels but not really in anticipation for The Last Jedi. Same with Phasma, I'll only be reading those to try and get some depth out of the character at long last. Really the only book I'm going to read in anticipation for The Last Jedi is Darth Plagueis, mainly because I'm still betting beyond all doubt he is Snoke. That is my journey to The Last Jedi. (If Snoke isn't Plagueis however I'll be reading the Dark Empire trilogy to cover my secondary bet) :p

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  14. Soloam

Soloam Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2017
    I'm with you on the all darth plagueis theory... But I'm starting to let settle down the idea that it will never happen!!

15. The Corellian President

The Corellian President Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2015
    Definitely the novels. Not as interested in the reference and BTS books.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll probably watch TFA again, anyway.

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    To quote Saw Gerrera:

"All of it."

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  18. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Definitely the novelization, in hardcover and the audiobook. I'd be more interested if The Legends of Luke Skywalker was an adult novel (like Thrawn). I'm still on the fence about that one. Regardless, I'm not going to read anything until after I see TLJ.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Given all I've been hearing of Ken Liu, I suspect the Luke book may well be akin to the just released Guardians of the Whills

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017
    Phasma
    Leia, Princess of Alderaan

Not-Related to TLJ:
    Inferno Squad

21. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    Just the Phasma Novel and Comic. The rest is just stuff for children isn't it?

22. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I know it's for kids, but Ken Liu is a pretty good author, though...

23. Soloam

Soloam Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2017
    Young Adult is not a children's book!

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Quite seriously, do not discount the other books because there's been a good few examples of them pretty much defying their age categorisation and offering a surprising amount of complexity, on a par with supposedly adult books in some cases.

The recently released Guardians of the Whills is one example, along with Jyn Erso: Rebel Rising. Lost Stars, Weapon of a Jedi, Moving Target, Smuggler's Run and Servants of the Empire are older instances.

I get that initial reflex of thinking they won't be that interesting for an adult, but all of the above I've found to be very enjoyable reads, with GotW being truly excellent.

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    Phasma book and comic
    Inferno Squad
    The "Front Lines" reference book, and "Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know: Updated and Expanded".

Everything else I'll probably skim over on the wookiepedia, and pick up if the entry sounds interesting. So far the new books have been really hit and miss with me. Loved Lost Stars but was really disappointed in Bloodline. I don't want to talk about Aftermath.