main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Road trip to Boston in December...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Either the first or second weekend in December, Mario and I plan to go to Boston for an overnight trop to see the SW exhibt and Salem at Christmastime.

The plan is.....leave very early Sat am. (Like 6am) Roll into Salem around 11 am. See Salem at Christmastime. Stay outside of Boston where hotels are affordable. Drive into Boston Sun am (After breakfast at Red's in Salem) See the exhibit, early dinner in Boston, come home.

We can take 3-4 others in our van, and split the gas, tolls and parking to save loot. If we get a bigger room, we can also split hotel costs by staying in the same room, althopugh there are some really good cheap hotels in Danvers and Salem.
    If anyone is interested in going, post here so we can choose a weekend and start planning.

2. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    UPDATE

We wil be leaving EARLY on December 17th (Sat) and staying over night sharing rooms to help defray costs. At present there are 10 of us going and we plan to rent a large passenger van.

The idea is to go to Salem for a bit and then the exhibit. plans are in the works to meet up with the folks from Boston Rebels.

We would love it if some of you guys joined us for sort of a holiday get together in New England! :)

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey everybody the exhibit is great. A bunch of ROTS stuff like costumes and weapons. Also Luke's Landspeeder.
    Ive been out all week on tour with the Blasters and on Sunday we landed in Boston and I couldnt resist checking it out. Its worth it. --Billy

4. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    So tell us, how was the trip? --Billy

5. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    It was cool. :D We shopped and ate ourselves nuts in Salem first, then went to the museum on Sunday. It's really a lot more fun for little kids, who can play with all the interactive science projects (like building your own landspeeder and R2 unit, creating Jawa camps and Coruscant skyway plans, and driving a mini-hovercraft), but if you're immature enough you can enjoy it too. :p It was still really interesting seeing things like the latest technology in prosthetics beside the fictional tech of Vader's suit, and real-world spacecraft plans beside the Millennium Falcon. Unfortunately, we didn't get to "jump to lightspeed" on the recreated Falcon cockpit because it sold out. :_| The rest of the museum is really neat too--they have a life-size replica of a male T-Rex, a recreation of the Apollo space module that you can sit in, a real UNIVAC, a humongous Van de Graaf (sp?) generator (that looks like a butt crack [face_laugh] ), and tons more.

And yes...that Naboo starfighter is still dusty as hell. :mad: [face_laugh]

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks for the report ans the heads up about tickets for the Falcon. Triss and I will plan a trip up there and will be sure to buy tix in advance.
    The Naboo Star fighter is still dusty??? Terrible. --BIlly

7. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    We shopped and ate ourselves nuts in Salem first, then went to the museum on Sunday.

Personally I was a bit bored in Salem, but at least I found my brother's Christmas gift while I was there. I got him a Harry Potter "wand" as the traditional "joke gift" we always get each other. :p

but if you're immature enough you can enjoy it too.

I enjoyed it. I guess that makes me a bit immature, but then again I'm not the one who said the Van de Graaf generator looks like a humongous butt crack. :p

Even if it kinda does. A little bit. *shrugs*

that Naboo starfighter is still dusty as hell.

How in the worlds are the supposed to clean it?!?! It's hanging from the ceiling several feet from all of the railings for cryin' out loud!!!

8. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Hey, if the folks at the Camden aquarium can feed the sharks with uber-long poles, the Boston museum can make some too and stick a Swiffer on the end. o_O

9. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    Bleh... True enough I guess.

I forgot to mention that the funniest part of the trip was when Kristen and Anu were on the floor looking up at Obi-Wan's other lightsaber. ;)

10. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    And an impressive lightsabre it is. ;)

I wonder if the Boston FF chapter is aware of the dusty starfighter...

11. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    Maybe if they all get together and blow really, really hard...! [face_laugh]

12. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    Blow... oh, you mean the starfighter. :D

13. ThePariah

Jan 24, 2003
    I was waiting for somebody to say that. [face_shame_on_you] :p

14. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    I was waiting for somebody to say that.

You really did set yourself up for that one. :p

Geeze, we really nedd to stop letting our minds go in the gutter so often. :rolleyes:

15. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    Why? The gutter is fun!

16. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    Yes, but there is such a thing as being too perverted. O:) :p

17. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Triss and I did a whole day in Boston at th museum this past New Years Weekend. It was great.
    The Millenium Falcon thing was cool sitting in the cockpit but not that impressive of a display out the cockpit window really. Best part of the 5 dollar fee is the free Falcon pin they give out.
    The exhibit goes til 4/30. --Billy

18. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    hey Everybody check out DB516.com we took a ton of pics of all the displays, some close shots of the costumes too for that extra detail we all need to know.
    And check out at the vending machine photo from our hotel. Its the greatest hotel invention since the bed.
    --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.