Road trip to Phoenix for opening night of AOTC

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by Mirax H, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    WEll, I made a decision to close my clinic on the 16th so I can drive down to Phoenix t see AOTC with everyone at midnight! I've always wanted to see the movie with a bunch of other SW fans and figured that darn it, that's why I'ma business owner, so I can close whenever I want. I have a few questions however. First of all, can I even get tickets to the first showing? Two, how many times in a row is everyone going to see it? Three, if come down alone, can I crash at someone's house? Four, what costume to wear????
  2. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've got two spare rooms and I'm 7 minutes down the freeway to the theatre. If you'd like I can put you up Mirax.
  3. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    WOOOHOOOO!!! YEAH!!!!

1. Ummm... I'd better let sideshow answer the ticket question.... **pleading puppy-dog-eyes look at sideshow**

2. I will probably see it twice. IF I can stay up, that is. [face_laugh] Although, c'mon, this is Star Wars!

3. You can crash at my place! I live about 25 minutes away, but I'll drive. We have a futon in our study specifically for guests. :) I don't have any problem with you crashing here. - Void's place is definitely closer, though.

4. Costume... hmmmm.... that's a toughy.... ?[face_plain] I like all of the costumes you've done. I know the guys will all be voting for the slave dancer outfit, though. [face_laugh]

YAY!!!!
    kreleia ^.^
  4. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Great, I'm glad I've got somewhere to stay although i can't imagine sleeping too much! I saw TPM twice in a row and was so glad I did. I was worried that tickets may be the only problem. I'll beg if I must! If my ANH Leia isn't done by Celebration(just wona pattern for it on e-bay) then I may wear it to the movie. Not sure if I will be alone or if i can talk either hubby into it(although he doens't think he can get off from work) or bring a friend.
  5. QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Knight

star 3
    Seeing the first showing with everyone (or specific PFF members) might be tricky. Most of us will have been standing in line for a great length of time. These people will be accruing time which determines your place in line and which theater (digital or not) you wind up seeing the movie in. I don't know what the saving seats policy will or might be. I am not trying to disuade you from coming down. I just wanted to point this out.
  6. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I THOUGHT I HEARD....mind you very conditional...that volunteers were allowed to bring 1 guest with them. Maybe verify that and try that tack ?
  7. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    How many people does the theater hold?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the hype is as huge as it was for TPM. I know that a lot of people don't even know that EpII is coming out anytime soon.

If you get a lot of people in the line, there's no chance I'm seeing it at midnight. And in that case, there's probably little chance I'll see it that day.
  8. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Well, that's pretty much why i thought i better post something now so I can see if it is even possible for me to see it. If not, then I'll go to Vegas instead and try a midnight showing there. I don't think there will be as much standing in line for this one like there was for TPM. But I would really like this to b my chance to meet the Fan Force members. What better time then at AOTC!
  9. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    allow me to enlighten you Mirax...
    the day tickets go on sale has not been released yet, but that won't be a big problem for you! yes, as a matter of fact, volunteers are allowed to bring one guest who does not have to log in time at the line! so if you come down on the 16th, set someting up with one of the volunteers who you might be able to persuade to let you be thier guest, have them buy your ticket when they go on sale down here, and your set!

Emperor Dan..i'm sure we can get you in to the first showing if you can at least make it down to the theatre about 12 hours prior?
  10. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Sideshow, I knew you would come to the rescue with the answer. Now, who can I beg and plead with to allow me to be their guest?
  11. Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Knight

star 3
    If all else fails, Mirax you can crash at our house. We live about 20 minutes away so know you have a third contingency :)

Also if you don't get your ANH Leia done you're welcome to use mine if you want. I'll probably be dolled up as Mara anyway. Trouble is...will it fit...what size are you? PM me if you'd like! :)

MJA
  12. arizonasithlord Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey mirax being that your a ff member i would be willing to have you added to our group so that you may attend the opening show. We are 14 strong so far and are pooling our time.
  13. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Mirax: I'll have a Rebel Fleet Trooper costume done in time. So you will have "protection", if it's needed for your Leia ANH costume. ;) :D
  14. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    12 hours prior? Maybe 9 hours? Wednesday is that horrible day when all of my IMPORTANT classes are at the end of the day. Of course, Thursday I could care less if I missed, I don't have anything important.
  15. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    well, we officially stop logging time 6 hours prior to showtime, so if you can make it down before that, you can probably still make the first showing, and get a decent seat!
  16. Emperor_Dan Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I'll bet I get the seat behind the guy dressed like Ki-Adi-Mundi, and I won't be able to see the movie ;)
  17. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
  18. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's okay Emperor_Dan, I'll be right next to you and behind the guy dressed as Yarael Poof. ^^;;
  19. EmprsHandMick Jedi Master

star 4
    This is why I'm going to be looking for Yaddle and her jawa friends to sit behind...
  20. TD0690 Jedi Master

star 4
    Why? You still won't be able to see. :p
  21. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Thank you AZ Sithlord. I appreciate it. Hmm, I might be obligated to be Lsady Maul then if I'm part of your group :)

Mara, thank you for the offer as well. I'm a size 6. I hope I can get it done for Celebration! I need to find some boots to go with it too. It all depends on how quickly the pattern arrives.

Obey Wann. I can't wait to see your costume. Are you using the online tutorial that studio creations did?(I think that is who did it). As for protection, I'm not sure how much good that will be since i would up in Tarkin's hands last time, lol :)
  22. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Mirax: yes, I'm using studiocreations' website, and a bit more. He has been more than helpful, and I'm so stoked about this costume. I should get my helmet in the next week or so. Then I need to paint it, but that'll make the costume, right there.

The other parts are coming along nicely, too.

And although you still ended up in Tarkin's hands, at least the Stormtroopers didn't abuse you too much! Or at least, not that we saw on screen. ;) LOL
  23. arizonasithlord Jedi Knight

star 2
    No worries on what to wear but id make sure you were comfortable seeing as itll be Hot by then. Seeing as none of us in our group are doing costumes, well as far as i know anyway. And We'll be Happy to let you join us.
  24. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
  25. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Who else from the Fan Force is part of your group?
    LOL Obey. Actually, it was I abusing them!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.