Road Trip to the Wenchy Homeland for the DVD Release of AOTC

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by Jedi_Wench, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys, it's that time!!! The DVD release is one month from today. A few months ago I brought up the idea of having you all come up and promote it at Hastings with me, and I got lots of positive reactions.

Well, after the huge success of the last event at Hastings (even if Flag FanForce is still a group of one), they are very excited about having us all come back to promote the release of the DVD. They are planning on doing a lot more with this event and if it works out that you all can still come, I'm sure there will be more city-wide promotion for this one.

There are a few things that have come up that we need to talk about before I call them to finalize plans.

1.) November 12th is a Tuesday! I was thinking that most of you won't be able to make it that day, so we'd need to do this either the 15th (Friday) or the 16th (Saturday).

2.) The Tuscon convention is that same weekend. This may not be a problem since I've only heard of one person that may be going from the group.

3.) The 14th is my Hubby's birthday so I may not have the funds to rent a room for you all who decide to come up Friday night and stay over. I might be able to pitch in and help out though, I'll do whatever I can to make it easier for you all to come up.

I need to know what you all think and if you're still interested in helping me out with this. Since I expect this to be more widely publicized this may go a LONG way to helping increase the Flag FanForce.

Besides, we had such a ROCKIN' blast the last time you were here, I'm sure we can arrage for there to be fun things to do besides hanging out at Hastings.

Just need your thoughts, input and ideas. We can make this as fun as we want it to be!!!

We'd need to be in costume again. We can go shooting again, or whatever else you want and I was thinking of hosting a Kiss Wars II but with all the girls involved!! The Queen just wasn't enough competition last time ;). Or we could turn the tide and let the men battle it out over us! [face_devil] I'm also thinking of hosting a meal on Saturday, either lunch before or dinner aftward to make sure the troops remain happy.

Thanks in advance,

Wenchy

2. Darth_Moridin Jedi Master

star 1
    Woo Hoo! Sounds like fun and mayhem as usual. I think Saturday would probably be best, since weekdays are generally out.
  3. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Saturday is probably the best bet too.

If anyone reads this before the meeting, please say something for me at PFF tonight. Let them know what I'm thinking and maybe get an idea of interest, ideas, etc. Sorry I didn't get this out earlier.
  4. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    Kinda in the same idea as this.. I woek at Blockbuster and will have the DVD to view about a week or so early. Does anyone want to have a Pre street date viewing party? The question would be where due to the fact that im living in a 2 bdrm apt and it wont hold that many people. Any ideas?
  5. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that would be fun. Why don't you start a thread about it with date and time?

Will you be able to make it to Flag for the release event at Hastings Darth Feldman? I'd love to have you come! :)
  6. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, i wanna figure out where and stuff first. As, for flag, depends if work sched allows. It would be fun im sure.
  7. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    i am going to go this time! i convinced my better half, so we should be able to drive up there saturday morning and stay for the day...
  8. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    YIPPEEEE!!! WOO HOO! I'd love to see you there with your better half sideshow212!!! :D

I hope you can make it too Darth Feldman.

So here's my plan so far...it'll be on Saturday the 16th, and I'll call Hastings tomorrow to find out what time, and what they have planed as far as publicity and things they're doing. They mentioned something about a raffle or something similar.

I need more ideas guys of what you want to do.

I'm going to try to make the PFF meeting in November to pitch this to everyone before it goes down.
  9. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
    >>Does anyone want to have a Pre street date >>viewing party? The question would be where >>due to the fact that im living in a 2 bdrm >>apt and it wont hold that many people. Any >>ideas?

I vote to volunteer Void's place....

Any others??
  10. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    November in general is a horrible month for me this year. I have sooo much going on. So I will likely not make the Flag trip this time around. I wish you all a safe trip up there and much success to the event. May the Force be With you...

LP :D
  11. Master_Duron Jedi Master

star 4
    My wife's birthday is Nov. 12th. I bought a spa package for the 16th as a suprise gift so I have to take her there. Looks like I wont be able to make it. :(

Sorry Wenchy.
  12. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I can't confirm my going at this time. It depends on when my Drill weekend is, and what's going on, not to mention the wife's patience with my SW activities.

I'll let you know.

Feldman: We need to have a pre-screening!!! [face_devil] That's one event that I can convince Mel to let me go to (assuming I'm not on Drill. :D Sorry Wenchy, but Void's house is closer than Flag. ;)
  13. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    well as soon as i get the dvd in hand.. it could be a various number of days before the release. We always get stuff on thursday so i know i will have it at least over the weekend before the 12th.. maybe on either friday the 8th or sat the 9th.. and we still need a place to do it..the bigger the screen the better!
  14. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Sniff, sniff! :(

I'm sorry you can't make it Lord Parsec, and Master Duron I hope you can Obey but I understand if you can't. I'll just miss you guys! *BOO BOO LIP*

Just let me pout for a few moments and I'll be ok.

*POUT*

Ok, I'm better.

So, can anyone else make it?
  15. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm definitely going to try.

* Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.
  16. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I can probably pull the weekend no problem.
  17. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    When have I ever said no to a road trip? [face_mischief] :D
  18. Darth_Moridin Jedi Master

star 1
    Pre-release viewing party at my house! All we need to do is figure out a date and time.
  19. Kirana_T Jedi Master

star 4
    I plan on coming up for the day. :)
  20. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    YIPPEEEE!!! I [face_love] you guys!!!

Moridin: I think they're planning the pre-release viewing for after the PFF meeting on Nov. 9th. There's another thread about this HERE. No one has be nailed down for a location yet and your house would be perfect!! I think a pre-release showing is a fabulous idea and intend on showing up for the PFF meeting and the pre-release showing if it's done the same day.
  21. Ion_Control Jedi Knight

star 3
    Me? Miss a road trip? [face_shocked]

Perish the thought... [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

(I'll do my best to make the 16th ;)).
  22. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    BUMP

I haven't had a chance to call Hastings to finalize yet, been SUPER busy. I'll be calling in the morning.
  24. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Bump!

I went and talked to the folks at Hastings today and they are as excited as ever to have us come!

They were very busy today and will call me on Monday with their ideas and we'll finalize then.

I'll post the plans after they call and we can start figuring out everything.
  25. Diesel_Dave Jedi Master

star 4
    To be honest JW I don't think I can make this one. I've allready taken alot of time off of work and I'm going to loose atl east a day and a 1/2 of pay during the Xmas factory warmdown as it is. Anymore time I take off from here on out only adds to that. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.