main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Road Trip to the Wenchy Homeland for the DVD Release of AOTC

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    WAAAAAAA!!!! :_| No Lobot? :(

I understand. I'll just miss ya babes!

Sniff, sniff. You'll have to make me feel better when I come down next time. You owe me some Dave hugs for this one!

*POUT!*

2. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'll give you the pantent pending, wrap my arms around you and squeeze hug. :D

3. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    WOO HOO!!! I'm a happy girl then. You owe me lots of Dave hugs on the 1st and the 9th to make me feel better...sniff, sniff.

;)

*Waves Hand*

You WILL hug the Wench!

4. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    I'll give you the "Lobot Hug" on the first

5. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    As long as I get the first one! ;)

Mmmmm...Lobot!

6. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    I'll try, but it won't be easy. ladies love Lobot! ;)

Well I'll keep telling myself that anyway! :p

7. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Major SMOOCHIES for Dave for wearing his Lobot costume to IMAX just for me!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And...

The latest update on the DVD release event is..

That it probably WON'T happen. I have recently discovered that I have WAY too many things going on and something has got to give. Unfortuately I think it will be this. I'm sorry for any inconvience this may cause for anyone. I was really looking forward to this and am sad to see that I can't follow through with it as planned. Maybe someday I'll be able to do 50 things at once. But not this November.

We'll have to plan another event in Flag in the near future.

WENCHY HUGS for the entire PFF!

8. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Awww, bummer. :(

Oh, well. We'll have to think of some other reason to come visit. That shouldn't be too difficult. :)

9. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    I was thinking some kind of fun in the snow...which should be gracing us shortly...we think.

Does anyone want to build an igloo? :D

10. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    I'll do that!! I got to do it in the boy sprouts... It was fun... or at least the part where we got to throw snowballs at each other... the sprout master was a little miffed that we took an "educational opportunity and threw it all away, to play with snowballs..." I got in trouble for telling him to lighten up... I mean, after all, boys will be boys...

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    There is a possibility that this (the DVD thing) could still happen, but at this point I'm thinking probably not.

I'll make it up to you guys though, I promise. I'll just have to come up with something cool for us to do.

Any ideas from the peanut gallery would be greatly appreciated too.

If we do decide to go ahead with the DVD release event at Hastings. I won't be able to sponsor a dinner or anything at my house or pitch in for a room unfortunately. My finacial situation is tight because of all the traveling I've had to do for clinicals.

However if we still do this and you all come up to play...I'll be more than happy to hang out and create havoc as usual.

Let me know what you all think.

12. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'd still like to come up for the event. :D We might stay overnight with friends, and enjoy a weekend in Flag.

(I've almost completely convinced Mel to go up for this, and we have non-SW friends we'd like to see there, too.)

13. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Well if enough of you still want to do it and can arrange for a place to sleep etc...

I'm soooooo up for it!

14. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    If this is a no go, is there a place in the Valley we could do a Midnight Madness thing? Maybe over with Feldman?

15. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    This is a go if everyone can arrange stuff. The only reason I was thinking of canceling is that I can't provide food or money towards a hotel room like I did last time.

I really need to know from you guys what you think.

16. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    I'll be at the PFF meeting so we can hash it out then, but I'd really appreciate any input you all have.

I would love to see this get off the ground and Hastings is still excited about it.

17. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Food...bah

Sleep...humph

A Jedi craves these things not. [face_plain]

I'm still game for invading the Wenchy Homeland. We can bring some food up in ice chests (I think? :confused:). I'm not sure on sleep arrangements, though. Anyone up for renting a hotel room? (we can pass the bucket around at the meeting on Saturday if someone's interested in taking on the responsiblity of making the arrangements) Or do we know enough people in Flagstaff with floor space we could crash on? :confused:

18. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    It's Choads Girl,

Well our place is not as big as Voids, but if you all don't mind lots of boxes, (We will just have everything over there) and we can actually find a copy, we could provide the place for a get together. Regular size 27" TV but we have DTSS/Dolby 5.1 surround sound that Choad is itching to use. I'm assuming from what I heard this was the weekend of the 16th.

19. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Again...this has not been formally cancelled. I would still like to hear what you all have to say about what arrangements could be made to come up here, if they can be made I would love to see you all.

My original post about this sounds more definate than I realized...sorry for the confusion. I'll cancel this formally when I hear from people that they can't come if those arrangements can't be made.

Thanks Carenix for initiating a discussion on alternate arrangements I would love to see what can be done to get you all here.

20. Darth_Moridin

Darth_Moridin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    I would love to do this, still. We'll definitely discuss it at the meeting.

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Sounds like a plan to me. We'll hash it out in person.

22. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Well, it looks like this is still on! Yay! :D

The consensus is (I believe) to meet at Darth Moridin's house on Sat. Nov. 16th in time to be up to Flagstaff by around noon.

We'll be in costume or PFF shirts as the case may be, helping Hasting's promote the DVD release of AOTC. We have at least one Stormtrooper coming (YIPPEE!) and would like as many Sith, Jedi and Imperials as possible to attend.

As far as overnight accomodations are concerned, I can put some of you up at my house Saturday night if you desire. Bring your sleeping bags, pillows, etc. Also PM, IM, or email me and let me know that you'll be wanting a space on the couch or floor.

There was also some discussion about possibly getting a hotel room for you guys and splitting the cost amongst yourselves. Let me know if you decided to do this because you KNOW we'll be hanging out there! ;)

I will be calling Hastings to see if they can give us some kind of discount or something on purchasing copies of AOTC (per Void's request) and will put up final details from them hopefully tomorrow. It's been a lot of fun trying to get ahold of their events coordinator...we've been playing phone tag.

Anyway....I really hope to see a bunch of you there and please post if you'll be coming.

THANKS GUYS! I LOVE MY PFF!

23. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I'm planning to be there. :D

If someone really needs a ride I can be available, but I may just look for a ride with someone else. It's looking like I won't stay overnight.

24. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    I wish I could make it guys. But alas, I have to work Sat.

Hope you all have fun!

25. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I still think I'll be making it, as we have other friends in Flag that Mel wants to see as well, so we get to make both of us happy. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.