main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Road Trip to the Wenchy Homeland for the DVD Release of AOTC

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Moridin

Darth_Moridin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    Ladies and gentlemen, I will not be able to attend the Flag day trip. :( I had to schedule some work to be done on my car, and since Saturdays are my only weekend day off that auto mechanics are open, it had to be then. I'm sorry, I really wanted to go.

You should probably find a different jumping-off point than my house, too, since I won't be there.

DANG NABBIT! I WANTED TO GO!!!

2. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Mobius, could you get someone else to take care of getting the car in and hop a ride with one of the rest of us?

3. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Or for the conviniance of those going, just meet the weary travlers at your pad before working on your ride. Sadly, I won't be one of them. :(

Otherwise all those in North Phoenix might want to chime in and volunteer ASAP so this can be organised ASAP.

4. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Why don't we all just meet in Flagstaff? That would be more efficient, wouldn't it? Those sharing rides could work that out amongst themselves, and we could all just meet somewhere in Flag-probably where we can change, or possibly, Hastings itself?

I am planning on just staying for the day, and driving home Saturday night. I have room for at least one in my car (two if I clean out the backseat, three if two of you don't mind being a little cozy in that back seat. I have a small car. :)) If anyone needs a ride, just let me know.

I wish you could go, Dave. It won't be the same without you. :( We'll take lots of pictures. :D

5. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Yes lot's and lots of pictures for me to put up on webshots!

6. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Darth Moridin!!! ACK!!! I second Mick's idea...can someone else help you with that?

We're already missing Dave :( you not being there will be bad too!!! :_|

What will we do without the two of you?

*BOO BOO LIP*

7. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Choad and I won't be there, Choad works early Saturday and Sunday. Dave, if you and whoever else isn't going wants to we can gather at our house for the evening. We might actually have a a path formed through the sea of boxes.

8. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    *NEW UPDATE*

I just got off the phone with Misty from Hastings and here's the deal:

I told her:

*We'd show up around noon.
    *We'd be in costume or PFF shirts.
    *We'd help promote the DVD throughout the store.
    *We'd bring the "Hasting's Dave" picture from last time...the one with the Royal Guards and Dave holding up the Hasting's cups.
    *We'd be bringing at least one Stormtrooper (Darth Husband).
    *We'd be posing for pics with people in the store like last time.

Then I asked her if we could get a discount on the DVD there at Hastings, free drinks (like last time), and maybe some free Star Wars stuff from them for helping them promote the DVD.

Here's what she told me:

*She thinks she'll be able to get us a discount on the DVD and some Star Wars freebies...has to confirm with the boss-man.
    *She will play AOTC on the TV's set up all around Hastings.
    *They'll be holding a raffle for customers.
    *We'll have a table like last time that we can play the Trilogy on too if we want.

Then she asked us if we could come up with some Star Wars Trivia questions for the raffle...I said "Are you kidding?! Of course!"

So...here's the deal...show up on Saturday around noon at Hasting's in Flagstaff wearing your costume (preferably) or your PFF shirt...or come as you are if you don't have either.

Let's have a good time and represent the Star Wars community. This will be less of a "promote a Flag FanForce" than last time, but I'll be bringing FanForce flyers like last time.

Let's help Hasting's sell the DVD and I'm sure we'll get something nice in return.

Now...we need Trivia questions...oh and if you're coming let me know too.

We had such a good time last time...let's make this one even better! Oh and WE NEED IDEAS FOR WHAT TO DO AFTERWARD...

9. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Trivia questions? Heck, we can come up with those on the fly, especially if we're going with a movies-only standard. (Nice and easy, you know) :)

10. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i can bring the SW trivial persuit game too, for easy trivia questions...

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Cool!! Bring it for us to play too! ;)

I posted another thread just for PFF members to come up with their own Trivia Questions too.

(Still bring that though sideshow!)

12. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    no prob, although you probably don't want to hear my trivia questions, most lamens wouldn't even know where to begin! [face_laugh]

13. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Hell I'm the obsessive techie, I'll have them looking for model numbers on engine parts and thrust to weight ratios :D

14. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Post them anyway...we'll save them all for a Trivia Party sometime...I'd like a copy of what you can all come up with anyway!

Besides maybe we'll have a showdown for the grand prize or something!

Please...post any and all trivia questions, this should be GREAT!!

15. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    First...please post Trivia Questions if you have any...thanks.

Next who is going and do how do we want to travel ? Mick and I are going. Please post if you are. Then we can figure out room/board and traveling plans and times. Thanks.

16. wpickers

wpickers Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2002
    Who is the happiest Jedi in the galaxy?

17. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Thanks Void! Can't wait to see you there. Oh and we have one, count it, one trivia question!! Yay! 8-}

18. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    It's looking more and more like I'm going to need to stay home. :( Stupid homework keeps piling up. :_|

We'll see how much progress I can make Friday night. [face_plain]

Sorry. :_|

19. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Darn it!!! I hope you can make it Obey Wann, but I understand, being of the student persuasion myself.

Here is the list of the people that I know are coming:

Void
    Mick
    Idiots Array
    Kirana T
    Me
    kreleia
    Darth Husband
    Ion Control

Anyone else coming? I hope, I hope...

20. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Ion Control has one seat in my car, so she'll be there, too.

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    SHWEEEEETTTTT!!! I'll add her to the list.

22. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    Sorry I cant make it Wenchy

:(

23. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    If we have this many people are we splitting the cost of a room ? or turning Wench's place into a refugee station ;)

24. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    If I do go, it'll be a run up there and back Sat night. We weren't able to arrange a stay at our friend's up there. :(

Have fun, though! It looks like it'll be a blast!

25. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Refugees are welcome to crash at my place. My parents are out of town in Vegas for the weekend so there'll only be me, Makay, Justin and my little brother Seth at home.

Any and all of you are welcome to crash at my place Saturday night. Just bring your own bedding if you don't want to fight over the couch.

Also I talked to Misty from Hastings and she said they'll give us a discount on the DVD. They'll sell it to us for $15 instead of $18. They'll also be holding a drawing for a copy of the DVD with the Trivia Questions.

SO...the next question is...who's staying at my place? :D

Oh and sideshow are you coming too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.