Phx Road Trip to the Wenchy Homeland for the DVD Release of AOTC

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    still dunno...i might, if i can drag myself and my signifigant other out of bed at 7:00am!

why don't you PM me your phone #, if were meeting in flagstaff, i won't know where to go!
  2. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wenchy: We're meeting in Flag at Noon, correct? Would you be able to post directions to Hastings, please?

Does anyone have room in their car for the Grand Admiral? :D
  3. Kirana_T Jedi Master

star 4
    I can fit you in my trunk, Grand Admiral. [face_mischief]

Actually, I'm picking Carol up at 8. If you don't mind my small car, I have room (you don't have to ride in the trunk). I think you don't live too far from me (101 & Broadway), so let me know. I don't mind another passenger. :)

I'm not planning on staying overnight, though, so you may have to find a ride home if you are.

Oh, yeah: Flagstaff Correspondant Wench-can we maybe meet at your house to get changed into costumes? That might be easier than trying to change at Hastings. (I doubt anyone wants to drive all that way in costume, especially armor! Ow. [face_laugh])
  4. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    sideshow I'll PM you with your request shortly.

We are planning to meet at Hastings around noonish. I'll be there at noon to wait for you all.

Now as far as meeting at my house and changing, that would require some driving in costume as I live a little ways away from Hastings. Hastings has offered us their back room to change in.

Directions to Hastings:

Get on I-17 N.
    Follow that until you come to Flagstaff.
    Ignore the exits off to your right and follow I-17 N straight into town.
    At the first light you'll see a Denny's on the right, go through that light.
    At the second light there'll be a KFC on your right, go through that light.
    After the light there'll be a Target and a Chili's on the right. Go past both. You see a shopping center on the right that has Hastings, JoAn's and Bookmans in it. Turn right there and go to Hastings.

A few other things....

It has been cold up here. Even I am wearing a coat so bring one. We'll be inside the whole time, but I'm sure you'll want one anyway.

Also, what do you all want to do after we're done at Hastings? We could go out to eat or to a movie is you like. Let me know. Or we could go shooting again if you guys can stand the chill! :D

We could also head back to my place for games or whatever.

Let me know what you all think.

Void and Mick are gonna stay at my place...anyone else?
  5. Kirana_T Jedi Master

star 4
    Hastings' back room sounds good for changing. That's nice of them.

For afterwards: we'll probably be hungry, so we'll probably want to go eat somewhere. After that...???

Anything else we should bring?
  6. Commander_BBQ Jedi Padawan

Extra ammunition... always... <grin>
  7. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Bring the following necessities: :D

Yourself
    Your costume or PFF shirt
    Your sense of humor
    Your sense of mischief
    Your digital camera if you have one
    A coat
    Bedding if you'll be staying at my place
    Your Star Wars Trivial Pursuit game if you have one.
    And ideas for what you'd like to do after we're done at Hastings.

I was thinking that we'd go out for a bite afterwards too. And...we can go to my place there after and have a nice cozy fire in the fireplace and have hot chocolate or whatever your little hearts desire.

I'm open to any ideas you all have! :D

Oh, should I go get some marshmallows?
  8. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Due to a last minute change of plans, my mom flys in Sat at 11:00AM. I will have to bow out of this one. :(

Have fun!
  9. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yeah baby! The deal just got a little SWEETER!!!!

I just spoke with Misty at Hastings again.

I double checked to make sure it was the DVD that they're giving us the discount on and it is. They'll give it to us for $15.99 instead of $18.99. :D

AND...

Since we're coming to help promote it, they've got 15 limited edition Star Wars lithographs that they're giving to us FREE!!!!! Misty saved them from the clutches of the employees just for us! YAY!!!! They only made 5000 of these lithographs and we get 15 of them!

AND...

Free sodas of course

AND...

We'll be in the same part of the store as last time. They'll set up a table for us and let us use a TV and VCR to play the Trilogy on while they play AOTC on the TV's all around the store

AND...

They'll be raffling off one copy of the DVD, and other various and assorted smaller Star Wars items. I'm thinking we can get in on this too. ;) So we need to come up with some good trivia questions!

They said they are very excited to have us and are thrilled that we want to come in costume!

I just know we'll have a great time! :D
  10. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    groovy! ok it seems like i am going to make it! (i got dibs on one of those lithographs though! ;))
    thanks for the directions, i should be meeting you around noon!
  11. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    YIPPEEE!!! Can't wait to see you there! Also for those of you who need them, here are my numbers:

Home: 928-526-2594
    Cell: 928-607-3378

I'll be checking in throughout the evening to see if there are any questions!

So far if everyone who's told me they are going shows up, there is at least one lithograph for everyone! :D
  12. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    BUMP!! *Giggle*

*Whistles innocently*
  13. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok guys, drive safely! Hope to see you all there! :D
  14. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    traveling through arizona ain't like dustin' crops boy! :D

i'm taking off, see you all soon!
  15. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
  16. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    YIPPEEE!!! They're on their way! :D YAY!!!
  17. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    had a great time guys! watching rob scare everyone in the store was hilarious!
  18. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    We had SO MUCH FUN!!!! Thanks to: Lady Jedi Carenix, Kirana T, Void, Mick, kreleia, Darth Husband, Idiots Array, Jacob, sideshow212, & Jen for making the LONG drive to come and hang out in costume at Hastings!

Misty and the Hastings crew were so happy to have us there and showed their hospitality by presenting us with 15 limited edition Jango Fett lithographs!!! There were only 5000 made just for Hastings. Each lithograph has a numbered certificate of authentifiation. They are very cool. They also gave us a nice discount on the AOTC DVD, the 4-disc LOTR DVD set, and other merchandise.

We had a rockin' good time with Darth Husband who showed off his ST armor in grand style! We took lots of pictures and Rob did a fantastic job of posing like a ST manequin and scaring the be-geebles out of the Hastings patrons!!! It was like our own version of PFF Candid Camera! More than one person jumped out of their skins before accepting a handshake from our new favorite Stormy.

The all time perfect scare was a guy who gawked at our "Stormtrooper manequin" and started to walk away. As the guy passed Rob, Rob reached out and touched his shoulder. The guy yelled and started to run away laughing. It was fantastic! [face_laugh]

Another classic scare was a guy who walked in with his girlfriend. We had Rob standing perfectly still holding a Clone Trooper Pez Dispenser and a copy of the AOTC DVD. The guy walked up to Rob and was just gawking at him. "This is so cool!" He said. The he touched Rob's shoulder and jumped back. He still wasn't sure Rob was real so he looked at Rob some more. As he was preparing to walk away Rob reached out and the guy just about ran out of his skin!! [face_laugh] It was HYSTERICAL!!!

Another great scare was when Rob walked up to the kids holding a Pokemon tourney in the back of the store. A little boy looked up yelled "WHOA!!!" And fell completely backwards on his rear!!! It was a scream!! [face_laugh]

My favorite non-scare was a boy named Luke who is a huge SW fan and was just beaming from ear to ear to get a chance to meet a ST.

CONGRATS to Rob for being a perfect ST and joker!! [face_laugh]

After Hastings, we went out to eat at Sizzler. Then we went back to my house and had hot chocolate, lit candles, started a fire in the fireplace and laughed and talked. We poured over Void's catalogs, watched the Emperor's New Groove (amid MUCH hysterical laughter), told many stories, ate junk food, and went out to see if we could see the meteor shower. It was a blast and I hope you all had as much fun as I did!!

Justin also had a good time and was very happy to get to know you better.

You've made a Wench's week!!! BIG HUGS AND SMOOCHIES FOR YOU ALL!!!!

:D

Hastings thanks you too. They loved you all!! ;)
  19. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great party, Wench. Thanks again for having us over. :)
  20. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    AWESOME TIME!!! Loved every minute of it!! [face_love] Let's do it again!!! :D :D

^.^
  21. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks guys!! :D I just LUVS ya both!!

Glad to know you both got home safely!
  22. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Wow, sounds like you guys had quite the time. Makes me look even more forward to meeeting you guys at New Years :D
  23. Kirana_T Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, we should definitely do it again! I had a great time. Thanks for having us! :D
  24. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah,

Plus it was a great night...I have earned a new title. Purveyor of Literary Crack. Had comics and catalogs that everbody dove for still in the car :)
  25. Ion_Control Jedi Knight

star 3
    CrossGen crack...

...gooooooooooooooood stuff. :D [face_love]

Ruse... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Jedi_Wench: I'm glad I got go to Flag. :) Once it warms up again in the valley, I'm sure we'll have lots of people interested in escaping the heat and going on a little road trip. ;) :D
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.