main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Roadmap for Tucson. Everybody please read and post that you have

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Oki team,

First I want to thank AoErat, Jada, Vadersdad, and Vinny for coming out saturday. Sideshow, Mick, and I really enjoyed meeting you.

Next. As I stressed at the meeting, EVERYBODY HAS AN EQUAL SAY Vinny is the newest member and he has the same authority as I do. If people don't like something then they need to speak up and they will be heard. The team is formed and run entirely by the members, not just a couple of people. If there is something to be said, or an opinion to be given.....THEN POST IT.

Oki, Tucson is wavering a bit and we need to get some direction....so here we go.

Meetings
    This is the most important step. We need....

1) A regular meeting time.
    This is a group decision but needs to be made in the next 2 weeks before the end of august. I'd suggest a saturday or sunday. That and time is up to you guys...I'd suggest noon or later

2) A regular meeting place.
    The Things for Thinkers shop was nominated as it is a central location. Vadersdad has spoken of past support for his endevors from there also. That plus a meeting area and supporting products there make it sound a winner in my opinion. This is up to the team by vote but again MUST be decided by the end of august.

Please feel free to post your support or an alternate location for debate. If you are concerned about getting there, then read below in the area about mobility.

3) Commitment
    If you are an officer, then you are expected to be there. If you take a title, then you are promising people that you WILL BE THERE pretty much no matter what. If you have a job, that's fine. We have a standard time and day for a reason, so you can ask your boss for a later shift, or 1 day out of 30 to be shifted around so you have the day off. I've not run into a boss that is that unreasonable. But so everybody knows....

THIS IS THE EXPECTATION AND EVERY OFFICER WILL BE HELD TO IT

This also applies to personal behavior. If you are still under your parent's house then you're also comitting to not do anything that would have them prohibit you from attending. Translation, you're promising not to do something that will get you grounded or restricted somehow. Let your parents know what's going on and the responsibility that you have. Your parents will usually understand and work with you to encourage learning leadership like this.

Life happens, we understand this. Last minute things can and do creep up, that's understandable. But there is no excuse for last minute things happening every single time.

4) An agenda
    This should be prepared by the secretary and posted on the 1st of each month. The idea is to list out what will be discussed at the meeting so people know what to expect. Posting it on the 1st also allows people to put their own items up, that weren't included, so everybody can have an opportunity to discuss what they want to.

Rides/Transportation

Both Jada and Vadersdad have offered to travel all over the city to pick people up for ANY event of the TFF. The key is they need warning. So a week before the meeting, or any event, just post if you need to be picked up. Things need to be set in stone this far ahead or longer. Parents, friends, or members need to have commited so plans can continue and nobody is surprised at the last minute.

Recruiting

1) Flyers
    A simple idea. Please come up with ideas to post on a flyer. I would like a design by the end of the month, but let's commit to having the flyers designed by the next meeting. Then we can drop half page flyers off at comic/game shops, book stores, U of A kiosks, etc. I'll create a thread for design later for discussion.

2) Shirts
    Shirts are a good team builder and makes you a constant recruiting flyer when you have it on. I'd like to have a preliminary idea by the end of the month and a design we can go with by the next meeting. The minimum order is 6, that won't be a problem, and will cost about $15.00 each.

Website
    AoErat has alrea

2. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Read it! Again, thank you Void, Sideshow and Mick for coming down yesterday. You guys are beautiful, man! ;)

3. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
  4. AoErat

AoErat Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 2001
    Sounds good to me.

I've taken special note of the website section.

5. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Sorry I couldn't make it, and I'd like to thank Void for reiterating the fact that all officers should make it in the above post. However, it applies to every officer in the TFF, including the CR, Treasurer, Collectors, etc...

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

6. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Read it, understood. I haven't exactly been a great member of the TFF for a while, but that's because of school and the likes and I realize that's my respobsibility.

-Krystal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.