main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Rob Johnson vs. Doug Flutie

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Mara-Jade-Skywalker, Feb 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    ok, what do you think? i like doug flutie better, but he does only have a few years left. i think flutie should play for a while and another quarterback(like johnson) should watch what flutie does and learn from him.

2. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Sorry, no one ever replied to your topic. I for one am glad Johnson is in charge now. Maybe he'll do better noe that he's not in Dougie's shadow.

3. Craigo-Fett

Craigo-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2001
    i for one am a flutie fan, but, i think the choice was ok for the good of the team. in the long run i mean. grant it flutie put the butts in the seats. i think flutie is better off with a team that will appreciate him instead of useing him to get to the playoffs and then benching him. i lost a lot of respect for the bills organization that day.
    well have to see what this all new crew is going to do with the bills this year.

4. Darth Malibu

Darth Malibu Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2000
    well it looks as though this "new crew" isn't doing much. i think that the organization made a wise choice in keeping johnson, but i must admit- the chargers offense looks pretty impressive these past 2 games. :(

5. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    "The Bills of the west" have been doing really good.

6. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    flutie...

7. Stewie

Stewie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2001
    I have been sitting back long enough on this topic and it is time I put my two cents into this. Over the debate of Flutie vs Johnson: How can anyone even compare these two this season. Let's look at the facts 1) Flutie plays for a team that 85% of his roster has vetran players who have been around for a long time, Johnson plays on a young team where nearly 2/3 of our roster consist of players who have had three years of experience or less 2)No one has given Johnson a chance, he is learning a brand new system and when he ran the no-huddle did he not look impressive? Johnson can throw for 700 yds and 13 TD but no one would ever be happy, whatever people do do not run this guy out of town he has not lost any games by himself single handly, if you watch the games our defense is horrible, our O-Line does not give Johnson enough time and everybody is trying to grasp the West Coast Offense. Please end this debate, before you know it we will be debating Hasek vs Biron or Marcellus Wiley vs Erik Flowers. it is pointless. Yes I rooted for Flutie when he was here and yes I even have his jersey, but first and foremost I am a BUFFALO BILLS fan and I want to see the whole team succed no matter who is in their playing. That is my opinion

8. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Next week is the showdown. Let's go Rob!!

9. Stewie

May 20, 2001
    I for one would love to see Rob and co. just squash Flutie into the ground

10. Circusboy39

Circusboy39 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
  11. Circusboy39

Circusboy39 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
  12. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Less than a hour away. I really hope Buffalo wins.

13. Stewie

May 20, 2001
    Well the Bills just scored the go ahead touchdown and this quarterback controversy should be put to rest as of right now. Rob has played a great game, For all the stuff he has put up with this guy prove he is our quarterback and I for one see Rob as the quarterback who will take the Bills to the Promise Land once again..

14. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Well Johnson did have a good game.

15. Stewie

May 20, 2001
    Johnson did have a great game and he did lead the team down for the possible game tying field goal, to bad all those Flutie fanatics won't give Johnson his due. It feels like the music city miracle all over again. Johnson did NOT lose this game. Special teams did.

16. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Very true. If it's not one thing it's another.

I hope there's no massacre this week against the colts.

17. Stewie

May 20, 2001
    I don't think it will be a massacre this week agaibst the Colts. The Bills are a completly different team than the one's the Colt's faced on Sept 23, it should be a good, close, competitive game. To bad it won't be a T.V. (Not bad seems like old times with just me and you posting all the time, it might not be SW, but it's something)

18. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Well I prefer listening to the radio during games so it's alright with me. I wonder how much longer Van will be doing it.

19. Stewie

May 20, 2001
    I bet Van will be there until he cannot do it anymore. I prefer the radio too, especially when the Sabres where in the Finals a couple of years ago. The National Media does not give Buffalo sports teams their due. Anyway, are you going to see the trailer for Ep.II with Monsters Inc? The movie looks good so I do not think it would be a waist of $7.00. I'm looking forward to seeing new scenes from the movie.

20. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    If it's not on Entertainment Tonight Friday I might but I'm not a big Pixar fan so I'll see. If ET doesn't have it tomorrow they should have it next week and I can wait.

21. Stewie

May 20, 2001
    well I just saw on Force.net that the trailer will be available for download on
    Monday, but I just want the movie theater experience.

22. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    It would seem that it would be on ET Monday then, Yippe!!!

23. Stewie

May 20, 2001
    That is what I am expecting, hopefully tonite they will have a sneak preview, but it is getting closer and closer to the release date: 6 months 15 days. Unfortunatley I wont be seeing it here because I wil be moving down to Charlotte by the end of December.

24. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Hello, folks... I'm originally from Buffalo so I just wanted to drop a line on this QB debate :)

Rob played his heart out against San Diego only to watch the special teams blow a kickoff coverage again :(. Rob deserved to beat the Chargers last week!

25. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    I agree with you all the way.

Sorry to hear you're leaving Stewie. Hope we don't have an yblizzards until you leave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.