main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Rob Zombie's Halloween

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BigDanLevitan, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I know it doesnt come out until tomorrow, but I saw a sneek peek and let me tell you all this movie is twisted. If you thought House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects were good this movie tops them both. The story is loosely the same but he changed enough of the backstory to make somewhat original. Definitely worth the money on this one!!! Malcolm Mc Dowell is awesome as Loomis and Tyler Mane pulls off Michael Myers to a tee. Oh yeah the kid that play young Michael is creepy....

2. SirAntlers

SirAntlers Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2007
    Thanks dude....

Going to see it today.....big Zombie fan, so I'm expecting a lot! Hoping its House of 1000 corpses sick!`

3. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    Trust me you will enjoy it, the thing I'm up in the air about is did Zombie put to much of a human side to myers? I walked away feeling sorry for the big fella....even though he is a serial killer....You will see what I am talking about at the end of the movie....

4. jedidave76

jedidave76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2004
    this is halloween, this is halloween

halloween

halloween

halloween

[face_dancing]

5. lickyrprvt713

lickyrprvt713 Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2007
    Got 2 C the movie today and let me say I am not a Rob Z fan this version of Halloween is ok the first scenes when he is a child are very disturbing and creepy good images that stay in your head that what makes good horror disturbing images and situations. The second half the so called remake parts should have never been done they made no sense for the killings the only good thing about them were the brutality. Rob could've made this movie so much better the last 30 minutes having a very deranged child with that demented mind he has had plenty of potential. But the way the movie is made it's pretty good not great. The mask is awesome and looks alot likr the original witch was one of a kind but Rob hit a homer with that kick ass mask love it. The movie also made Micheal even stronger bring any other serial killer up to Mike and watch him kick ass.Mike Rules!!!!!!!!!

6. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    THere are two versions of the movie with two totally different endings. THe version most people of seen is very violent and end "Zombiesque" with the main character is some sort of gun fight, the other is a very big nod to Carpenters movie. THere are many other differences between the two but that is the most major. Other include when he leave the sanitarium, the whole killing of Lauries family, the dialogue between Loomis and Michael in the sanitarium, even the killing of the nurse. One version leads you to believe that Michael was a crazy killing machine, the other leads you to believe that Michael had a heart and was doing all of this to protect his mom and sister.

So depending on which version you see you get a totally different view of the movie.

I've seen them both and like them both for different reasons, of course Myers is my favorite horror movie character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.